Aleenta Resort in Thailand

meijia

Hi All,

Just to share this resort that I have recently discover. Feel that this is a nice and cosy resort for honeymoon.

www.aleenta.com

Can share your comments afte visiting the web
happy.gif

ally

Hi meijia,

I went to Aleenta for my honeymoon in late Sep. It's a really beautiful place!
happy.gif
Out of the way but very romantic, very secluded. The pool villas have a gorgeous view of the sea but the biggest and nicest room for a couple is the Canelle room (just behind the pool villas) with it's elevated wooden platform sitting area and sunken bathtub. I took their 4D/3N package at 18,500 baht. The place is not cheap by Thai std but if it's your honeymoon, it's definitely worth spending on!

meijia

Hi Ally,

Thanks for sharing. I love the place at first sight after I log in. My hubby too share the same. Is the Canelle room in the penthoues suite or it is in the ocean view suites? Personally I like the pool suite but it does not offer much privacy as people can see me in the pool.

Did you book through the website?? I am also thinking of taking their 4D3N package and top up to Penthouse suite at 21500 baht.

Just to check with you, when we book online, is the rate direct conversion from sing to baht?? So far I have not used my credit card outside of Singapore so a bit ignorance on that.

And also, anything things to do or see other than laying on the beach??

Sorry for so many questions
happy.gif

ally

Hi Meijia,

You're welcome
happy.gif
The Canelle room is a ocean view suite on the ground floor. The drawbacks are it does not have a direct view of the sea (being blocked by the pool villas), no jacuzzi and no hammock. If u prefer a jacuzzi to a sunken bathtub, it would be better to go for the pool villa. The jacuzzi may be outside but it is still quite private as the resort is small (only 10 villas in the whole place!), more private during the weekdays as the resort is about 60% to 70% occupied as compared to weekends which see full occupancy.

The Penthouse suite is quite small but great view of the ocean! Drawbacks are no jacuzzi, hammock or sunken bathtub. Btw, the Backhams stayed at the Penthouse suite when they were at Aleenta.

I called Aleenta directly and booked as I tried making a reservation through the website and they never got back to me. They also respond quite promptly to emails.

Payment is made at the end of the stay. The charge to your credit card is in Thai baht. The credit card company will do a conversion at their interbank rate for the day and reflect in your statement in Sing $. This rate is normally higher than the rate offered by moneychangers. To get a rough idea of the conversion rates now, u can go to www.x-rates.com and click on 'currency exchange'.

Aleenta is perfect for 'stoning' and u can get a very good rest there ;) there's no TV but they do provide a CD player, books and games. They do have a pretty nice CD collection (lots of latin jazz, bossa nova etc) to borrow from. If you're feeling adventurous, u can take a half-day trip to hua hin town (30 mins away) or go to nearby attractions. Only thing is, u have to pay for the transportation to and from these places which range from 900 to 1,400 baht. u can also cycle further down the beach from the resort. a must-see is the King's summer palace in hua hin, provided he is not in. We didn't get to visit the palace as the King was in residence then
sad.gif
As it is the monsoon season now, it tends to rain in the evening/nite daily. We got rain almost everyday but the morning and afternoon were gorgeous enough for the beach.

The roof spa is lovely but it's treatments outside of Aleenta's packages, are a bit expensive. The 4D/3N package includes 1 aromatherapy massage each so you're get a chance to visit the spa there for sure!
happy.gif

The food is not too expensive. For the dinner which is included in the package, u can order anything on the menu, no price limit.

Oh, remember to ask the resort staff to bring u on a tour of the different suites. The suites are really beautiful
happy.gif

oops, sorry for the really long mail... tend to get carried away when talking about Aleenta!
happy.gif
Have asked my hubby to go back on our anniversary!

Enjoy yourself there and if u got any more questions, go ahead and ask!
happy.gif

meijia

Hi Ally,

Once again, thanks for sharing with me. I am now more determined to go. Unfortunately my wedding is postpone till next year April. Probably can only go early May. And can also spend 4 days at bangkok for shopping after the 4 days of relax at Aleenta
happy.gif
This is what I am planning, total of 8D7N.

You mean the penthouse do not have sunken pool?? But the website say have, only the ocean view suite (Canelle room) and the penthouse (basil sweet room) have the sunken pool for the aromatheraphy bath. Think will write to them to confirm again.

BTW, I can't open the exchange rate website you advise.

ally

Hi Coven,

the rates are on a per room basis.

Hi Meijia,

The weather in May will be lovely, no rain to spoil your evenings so u can opt for a romantic dinner by the sea.

Oh, that's exactly what we did too! We spent 4D/3N at Aleenta and 3D/2N in Bangkok
happy.gif
In that case, it would be ideal for u to spend the weekdays at Aleenta and the weekend at Bangkok.

Oops, now that u mentioned it, yup, I think that the penthouse does have a sunken bath but it's slightly different from Canelle's sunken bath. Canelle has a covered bathroom with the sunken bath at one end whereas the penthouse has an open-air shower with steps cut in the side to form a depression for the bath. The bathroom has french doors opening to the outside so u can get a view of the ocean while u luxuriate in the bath. The penthouse's bathroom is smaller than Canelle's.

I have no problem opening the exchange rate website. Try clicking on the below url.

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

meijia

Hi Ally,

Which suite do you think is the most romantic after the staff show you around. The ocean view suite sounds good but how come the rate is lower than the rest???

Intially I love the pool suite Ylang Ylang at first sight but considering if we are in the plunge pool do doing something.... and someone walk by, it is a bit "pai say"

BTW, which suite did you stay?? Do you have any photos to share??

I managed to check the rates liao. Thanks
happy.gif

coven

hi ally,
did u get the airtixs separately? their packages seems quite good plus the suites are really nice.

meijia

Hi Coven,

You need to get the air ticket separately. In fact you can book a 3D2N free n easy package and you get to stay for 2 days in Bangkok also.

Just my 2 cents worth of advice
happy.gif

coven

hi meijia,
err .. meaning there is a promo now for 3D2N plus 2D at bangkok? if yes, is it to book directly with aleenta or thru some agency?

meijia

Hi Coven,

Sorry, What I mean is you can book though Aleenta for the stay there. As for air ticket, you can book locally. Normally travel agency have cheap package to bangkok. You may need to inform them you need to delay flight or hotel stay.

For me, I am thinking of staying 4D at Aleenta first then they transfer me to Bangkok for another 4D. Aleenta will pick me up at the Bangkok airport directly.

meijia

Hi Chern,

It is for 2 person. The package price of 18500 bhat also for 2 person for ocean view room. Upgrade to pool suite/penthouse at 21500 baht.

I have asked them quite a lot of question. but have not book cause I can't decide yet. Anyway, just postpone my wedding so hoping to get more advice on this resort, if it is really nice to go.

coven

hi meijia,
oic ... ok .. i like the place... thru the net la .. hee .. seems really nice and romantic.
happy.gif

chern

5885 Bahts for the transfer seems a bit expensive hor? anyone know the rate for domestic flight to huahin airport & how to book?

meijia

Hi Chern,

Think dosmetic flight have to book at Bangkok airport. I feel unsafe, wat if there is no seat. But some agency do offer package like Huahin/Bangkok. Can get Aleenta to transfer you from huahin, cheaper, only 1600 baht. But I think the transfer plus the domestic would add up to be abt the same.

There is another website offering cheaper price. The room rate cheaper butthe transfer is 6000bhat. Include daily breakfast but don't have dinner and the massage as compare to the RELAX package.

http://www.thai-tour.com/thai-tour/Central/Prachuab/hotel/aleenta/room-rates-aleenta.htm

edksdid

can tell me what's the diff between penthouse and beach house? they both seem to be the only ones facing the ocean without blocking right?

edksdid

is it true tt hua hin beach is not as nice becos it's at west coast while those nice beaches area are at the south eg. phuket, koh samui????

deviant

Hi all,

actually u can just take a bus from Bangkok down to Hua Hin. Air-conditioned buses depart from the Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok every 30 minutes between 05.00 a.m. and 10.00 p.m. The trip takes about three hours, terminating at in Hua Hin is at the Siripetchkasem Hotel on Srasong Rd, near Dechanuchit Rd, and buses leave for Bangkok every 30-40 minutes daily between 03.00 a.m. and 09.00 p.m.

And the cost? 128 Baht for a one-way trip.

Hope it helps!
happy.gif

meijia

Hi edksd,

I am not too sure abt which beach is nicer. But I love Aleenta at first sight. It is so secluded and cosy. Is a good place for honeymoon.

Other than the beach house and Penthouse, the pool suite also facing the beach without blockage.

I think Penthouse and beachhouse is abt the same. There is only 1 penthouse on the third level (with a sunken tub) and the beachhouse is separated into top level and ground level depending you want a plunge pool or roof top.

ally

Hi Meijia,

Gosh, all the rooms are pretty nice! Really depends on what u're looking out for. If u want a jacuzzi and an unblocked seaview, then the pool suite is the best. If u want a sunken bath, then it's a choice between Canelle and Basil Sweet. If u want lots of space, u can opt for Palm I which comes with a separate sitting room. For romance and privacy, the pool suite to the right of Ylang Ylang facing the ocean is better. I stayed in Canelle cos I wanted the sunken bath. Didn't really take pixs of the different rooms, just pixs of the place. Sorry, can't show the pixs as my attachments are too big, can't upload.

ally

Hi Coven and Low,

I actually booked the air tixs separately and the accommodation in Bangkok separately as well as the hotel I wanted in Bangkok is not part of any package. Meijia's suggestion to book a package to Bangkok and cater for a few days at Aleenta is very good as it would be cheaper this way
happy.gif

My hubby and I opted to travel by car (the 5885 baht return trip option to and fro offered by Aleenta). The whole journey took about 3 and a half hours. Didn't travel by domestic flight as there are only 2 flights a day (timing does not gel), the train journey is too long (about 4 and a half hours) and didn't consider the bus at all.

meijia

Hi Ally,

It is ok abt the photos. Hmm, I think it really depends on individual. Need to discuss with my hubby again which room we prefer.

Do you know the pool suite right of Ylang Ylang?? Is Ylang Ylang in the centre, it is very nice as seen in the website.

Which hotel do you stay in Bangkok.??

I think I will also opt for the car offered by Aleenta as it is fexible timing and you save time also as compared to train and dosmetic flight.

meijia

Hi edksd,

Ally is staying in ocean view suite and the name of the suite is canelle which comes with a sunken tub. It is also nice as seen in the website.

coven

hi pple,
i've asked the resort on their next yr's packages. there is a price increment on the packages. the packages on the website are for now.

meijia

Hi Coven,

Strange, I did call them up in September and the person told me the rate for the packages is for all season..think have to call them agin next year to check up the rates.

coven

hi meijia,
y not just email them. tat was wat i did. maybe the prices raises coz i asked abt january after CNY.

coven

hmm ... forgot to ask them ... i wonder the cost for the airport trf from bangkok or hua hin, are they for 2 or 1?

coven

hi meijia!
happy.gif

OOOIC ... then tat's quite ok. was thinking 5885 for 1 pax would be sooo expensive.. :p

thanks!
happy.gif
oh ya... what's the airport tax rate at bangkok? hee .. trying to calculate the full amt

chern

500bahts bangkok airport tax.
me already book 3days2nites Bangkok trip and extend a few days so that to go Aleenta. me jus call Aleenta to reserve the suite...now waiting for their confirmation.

coven

thanks chern!
happy.gif

oh ... dont tin i'll go in jan coz they dont offer the packages from 21 dec '03 to 15 jan '04 and i'm intending to go from 3-10th. probably will go some other time then.

meijia

Oh Chern,

that was fast. Are you going for honeymoon or just some relaxtion. Which suite did you book, how many days.

Hi Coven,

You intending to go from 3-10 Dec or Jan. But at least still better than me. Can only go in May 2004
sad.gif

coven

hi meijia,
intending to go in jan. but the packages not valid then. y so sad? go later can save more $ now.

this one is just a little relaxation/honeymoon after our coming ROM. customary is sept/oct '04. hv to decide then when can go for hols.

missuskoh

Hi all!
I was planning a trip to Phuket-Bangkok this Dec. When I came across this thread and explored Aleenta website, I was so captivated that I immediately change plans to go there.
I have called and received confirmation for my booking. (So lucky they had only Canelle suite left for the period I want!) I was even able to extend one more night out of the ESCAPE package to celebrate my wedding anniversary there!
I'm looking so forward to the Phuket-Bangkok-Aleenta trip, especially the last bit!

Thank you all for sharing information on this magical resort, ladies!

chern

hi meijia,
not really honeymoon though its straight after my wedding cos my initial plan is to go NZ but Dec is summer so go on a short trip to relax first then go NZ in march 04 when its autumn season. i book Escape package 3days2nites Cannalle Suite.

hi missuskoh,
u also going in Dec? what date? maybe we will meet there
happy.gif

missuskoh

Hi Chern!

Did u specify Canalle Suite? I had wanted Pool Suite at first but happens that only Canalle is left.
I'll be at Aleenta from 14-17 Dec.
An after thought, we can't possibly be there at the same time coz we are going to occupy the same suite! When are you scheduling your trip?

chern

hi missuskoh,
very coincident....i initially wanted 15dec~17dec but change to 17dec~19dec...in this case, it means i stay straight after u check out. btw, wat time u will be checking out on 17dec? heehee...
lucky i change date or else i can't get the cannella suite.

chern

Hi missuskoh,
do u means that there is only 1 suite for each different type of suite? i thou there will be a fews?

missuskoh

Hi Chern, how coincidental!
I prob hv to check out in the morning, coz my flight back to Spore is 1.10pm. So likely check out after breakfast.
Dun worry, I'm sure the staff at Aleenta will work very hard during those few hours to clean up the very very very untidy room for you after we check out.
happy.gif
Juz kidding...
I'm not sure abt the no. of suites, but as indicated, there are only 10 suites and 1 villa. So if you count the names of the suites on the website, it's exactly 10. So I presume 1 name, 1 unit.

chern

hi missuskoh,
thats very rush for u to catch the 1.10pm flight. u will check out very early then....hmm..i can check in early liao in this case. i arrange pickup from Bangkok early morning 7.30am..heehee and think will reach there abt 11am. whoever book the cannella suite after me cannot check in early cos i will check out quite late.

missuskoh

Hi Chern,
No choice leh, that's the only flight with comfirmed seats I can get with my agent. The rest all full... I oso hope to get the mid afternoon flight. See how. Let you know if I have changes.

Ally, according to the website, the car transfer takes 2.5 hrs, but you mentioned the journey takes 3.5 hrs. Why is there a discrepancy? Pls advise.

meijia

Hi missuskoh,

I am glad you like this resort. I happen to find it on the Asia travel website. And I fall in love at first sight so decided to post it here
happy.gif

U mean they let you extend for free due to wedding anniversary or you need to pay for it??

Do enjoy ur trip there and keep me updated after the trip. And also...tell me which is the nicest suite...
happy.gif

Hi Coven,

Me sad cause I can't go now. Still have to wait for another 6 months... so long...can only look at the website and image myself there..kekeke

Hi Chern,

I think there are 3 ocean view suites but only Canelle have a sunken bath tub. So everyone will rush for that.

Do enjoy ur trip too
happy.gif

missuskoh

Hi Bee Kah,
Heavens, no free stay watsoever. I extend on my own. But I did tell them it's to celebrate my anniversary. On their confirmation email, they actually said they'll note the occasion.
Got a feeling they'll prepare something extra... Will keep you all posted after my trip.
happy.gif