Air-con installation - Gain City, Twin City or ???

ridhwan82

HI viv, thanks for your compliment. i am not some expert that you make me sound like. However what i have is just some extra information that i would like to share to everyone for the benefit of everyone.

Well for hiring an ID, you can ask them but most prob its best that you do your own research and gather data and then when he gives you his recommendation then you compare that vesrsus what you know with that he gives you to see if he is really giving a true perspective or is he seeking to gain more from it. not that i am intending to say that he is intentionally but its best to have something to cover yourself at the end of the day.

ITs an expensive item to purchase plus its depreciating rapidly cos u dun get back anything literally.. somewhat like an express..

So my advise would be to bring the floor plan to HonX taX and ask them for a quote and them you ask your contractor to quote you then you decide..

spaggedies

allow me to hijack this thread, but im facing a rather bad problem with condensation on trunking.

all the piping is routed in such a way tat only one bedroom and the toilet have trunking. air around my place is rather moist (a lot of natural greenery) n warm (morning sun). so both areas weep but the main concern is the bedroom. r there any solutions other than extra insulation (one of the weeping trunk is already extra-insulated)?

Thanks

kiringal

I used Gain City too. Very good service. The person who came in to fixed my aircon was punctual and the trunking was done neatly.
I believe it is more expensive than outside, but i felt it is more worth it. At least, i feel at ease with the trunking and installing
happy.gif

astrogirl

Where can I buy cheapest Starmex with inverter? So far, the price I asked is $2700, from 3 different shops. Toshiba with inverter is $2500. Can get cheaper elsewhere? Anyone noes? Thanks.

dar_dar

I got my @$2480 with (Class 1 insulation) Starmex inverter sys3 from Tai wah..Ask for pauline. Although H### T## quoted me $2380, But heard they are not authorise dealer..Hope it helps..

gloxinia

I had very bad experience with Gxxxcxxy. They made a terrible mess of my home and as a result of their many mistakes (wrong pipe size, drilling errors, messy etc), it has delayed my entire renovation project.

Maybe they're ok for standard HDB installations but I won't recommend them to anyone else doing concealed piping (in private condo or houses) cos their workmanship is really not good.
sad.gif

Fortunately, I had a very responsible ID who helped me watch over the installation and supervise these workers otherwise it would have been worse.

strawbeary

Hi, I've been to IMM recently too and went to several stores. I planned to purchase a Mitsubishi Inverter System 3, and each quote me a different price, ranging from SGD 2,450, 2,499 and 2,572. Still considering which one to sign up with. But just to check, if you all know if the prices will be more expensive during June period than now (Dec) cos sales persons claimed that June is hot season, thus higher prices.

old_timer

Hi,
did you try Kaisoon, I just had a sys 3 non-inverter Mit from them at $1770 with bracket. So far the cheapest in town. Tel:64817482

strawbeary

Hi House mover, where is this Kaisoon located? I will call and check their prices and see if they are more competitive. Thanks for the contact.

old_timer

Hi,
They are located at paya lebah area, i gave you the contact no above. For most air-cons they are cheaper then the rest, workmanship is good also.

strawbeary

Ok, I will go check them out. Thanks again! How about the H*** T** that many people mention? I am just wondering if that one is reliable.

Oh yes, about my query on the prices more expensive during hot seasons, do u know if that is true?

ridhwan82

hi jolene,

well hxxx txx is alright. i had my daikin sys 4 installed by them . good service and they dun rush you to buy thing but give good reviews neutral views i must add. and for installation wise no prob. professional

for query on the prices that im not too sure but maybe it is.. not sure either

strawbeary

Hey ridz and whiskey, thanks a lot! I just signed up and paid a deposit with them over the weekend. Agree that they provide quite good reviews. They even advised me which part of passageway should use thicker insulation due to hot and cooling effect (not sure true?), but did not charge me extra as they indicated in invoice.

elitegal

hi all,

wow..this thread is cool! =)

i need to get my aircons within this week so that the guys can install in mid of next week.

was still deciding between GC and HT.

tink the choice is now clearer..with so many good comments abt HT. and i have called them up just now. their price is cheaper than GC's by $150.

So, i won't wait already..Will go place deposit with them tonight!!! =P

Thanks so much for all advices..! =)

tbkiang

housemover,
woah your aircon from kaisoon really cheap, include bracket somemore. Can u advise the materials they are providing? Any problem till now?

Anymore ppl bought their aircon from kaisoon? I hope to get more comment
happy.gif

chng

Hi all,

Care to share HT address too? Can't find it under IMM store directory too. Pls post up or pm me. Thanks.

chng

Hi Jolene,

Sure it's still there? Cos I din go down physically but took a look from the IMM website store directory. They din list them down. Just wanna reconfirm.

happy.gif

ridhwan82

i think it should still be there..

okie orientation standing facing best denki (2nd storey from the childrens playground. if you are facing best denki and near the fans side (not the tv side) and behind you is the playground. then you turn left. and walk down.

then you will come across lane that will pass you across.. just continue straight and then you will hit the second lane then you turn to your right then walk down the lane and the shop shold be on the right. about i think 3 shops.

Alternatively you can take the lift that is beside mcdonalds. then go to 2nd storey then once out of the lift then you turn left ( on the right is some betting centre)
then you should see i think some air con shop there. its not ther.. you turn rigfht then you walk down the lane then the shop is on the left. i think 5th shop from the end or so.

strawbeary

It should be there, cos just two weeks ago, they just called me regarding my aircon installation.

Anyway, I've just checked their website and the address is correct. If really cant find, prob call them before going. Tel: 6665 0163

iceblue27

hey ppl, need advise i not familiar wif the aircon.
would like to find out wat's the rubber for? the hollow part is for the metal thg,it is jus for installation purpose rite?

cos i wen to see aircon. i forgot wat brand(start wif A) is tt rubbet but its a class A.

ridhwan82

yeah i think the prices are fixed and the best part is its usually very standard across the board even with the materials they use. its standard they dun have differing prices.

so yeah i trusted them.. and the installation was neat i must say and fast, i have my system 3 torn down and system 4 fixed up they started promptly at 10.30amended at 7.00pm.

so far almost coming to one year.. nothing wrong.

elitegal

i bought mitsubish* starm*x system3, non-invertor from hon* tar. fixed price.

my trunking was done almost 2 mths ago. until last weekend..we then asked them to come back to put up our aircon units.

even though the apptment was between 10 to 10.30am, the 2 technicians reached my place earlier..and apparently, they have brought up all the aircon units n compressor right to my doorstep before it's 10am. cos they were waiting for us when we reached our hse at 10! =)

so..they were really punctual! =)

and they did it so fast tt it ended ard 12+pm. we had checked thoroughly..everything was being nicely done up..no mistakes. the guy showed us how he tested the air flow and the aircons and even advised us on how to take care of it and how to use it in a more cost-efficient way.

so..thumbs up for their gd customer service! =))

kenjoc

Hi Hi,

Anyone tried Natural C00l? My contractor recommend Natural C00l for my new flat. Any comment on their services and installation?

ridhwan82

i reckon that the system 3 non inverter for mit is around 1800 inclusive of installation and class 1 rubber insulation.

iceblue27

hi ridz tts the price my ID estimated for me. i tryin to survey got betr deals anot. i went to gaincty to see price is 19xx forgt liao. went denki to see is 2288(but i forgt its starmex or easy clean)

strawbeary

Hi collin_eileen, they did not lowered prices but offered servicing vouchers instead. However, certain portion of my aircon trucking needs thicker insulation, so they offered me the option to either get servicing voucher or thicker insulation.

apache68

Hi Jolene, thanx for the info.. so they dun lower their prices one? but in that case, can we get more servicing vouchers from them??

thank you..
happy.gif
happy.gif

strawbeary

From my experience, prices only increase, never decrease! First time I was there, the quote was cheaper. The second time I called, they actually quote a higher price, so I mentioned that how come the previous quote was cheaper and it was only a week time difference. So in the end, the second salesperson gave me the price that first salesperson quoted me, but on top of them, throw in some servicing vouchers. I am not sure if they can give more, but when I asked, they said its already the best that they can offer.

elitegal

hi rainbow,

my price from hon&ta* is $1.8k.

my payments are split in this manner cos i do trunking on one day and installation of the units on a later date so tt my aircons wun get the dust resulted from my reno.

$500 - deposit
$400 - after trunking is done
$900 - after aircon units had been put up

hope this info helps.=)

tbkiang

Jolene, I oso encountering same as u, they always increase their price one. Now their Mit invertor abt $150~$250 more ex than some other shop.
How many years workmanship warranty are they providing?

iceblue27

hi JJ thks for ur info

ur method seems useful

btw any1 know how much Hon&t offerin for->mit sys 3 non inverter EASY CLEAN

tbkiang

rainbow,
I just call HT 2 days ago, MIT sys3 non invertor still the same $1.8k
But invertor price went up like rocket. I call up kaisoon as recommended by housemover, their price still maintain. But dunno their workmanship cos not much review here

tbkiang

Tel: 66650163
IMM Showroom : IMM Blg, #02-15

Their shop cannot be found in IMM website, but definitely the shop is still there.