Air-con installation - Gain City, Twin City or ???

H

herimone fan

Hello !

Can anyone here recommend an air-con supplier here ?

Twin City and AllBest booast quality services and attractive prices but I heard Gain City's installation and after sales services is excellent.

Herimone fan

lonewolf

Hi Herimone fan

I asked around at Allbest and Gain City when I was looking for an air-con. I decided on Allbest coz Gain City charged extra cost for piping beyond a standard length. For my 5-room flat, the extra piping would had cost something like $200 plus or something. I think they used copper pipping instead of PVC pipes but I'm not sure if you really need copper pipes for the water.

H

herimone fan

Hi Lonewolf,
You're right. Gain City's quote are slighter higher than the rest and they only do 1 single trip while Allbest promised 2 without extra charges.

However, Gain City's rather established... hmmmm...

Bluz,
All Best's contact no. Tel 5656026 , Fax 5656-076

Herimone Fan

hunny

Hi Herimone Fan,
I've used GainCity for my air con installation.
Piping cost was waived cos I got them during some furniture exhibition. I have no complaints abt the workmanship.

lonewolf

Hi rachel

I suppose it really depends on which brand you buy and what features you are willing to spend on. Air-con with inverters or ionisers would cost more.

I paid $2400 for the Fujitsu System 3 from Allbest. Gain City actually quoted me lower for the air-con but the installation bumped up way high.

There this advert sticking on the lift of my new place that offers air-con at attractive price and cliam no additional charges for the use of copper piping. I'll post the company and the contact here soon.

H

herimone fan

Hi Lonewolf,

I think Gaincity quoted $2500 for sy3 Fujitsu w/o installation.

Rachel,
Try calling gain city or allbest. They still offer attractive rates compared to Courts, Best Denki.

Herimone Fan

lucifer

All the above mention company, are mostly the top monster company where by hidden costs the most.Extra trunking they charge, call them up to check the fault they do charge. They will not so call do a good services after sales.

lonewolf

Hi Lucifer

I was charged $2400 for the air-con including installation and that was all I paid. Nothing more or any other hidden cost. I asked clearly before I committed my money.

I can't attest to the after sales of Allbest, but I was more than satisfied with the installation work and the workers had good attitudes.

lonewolf

Hi all

Here's the name and address of the company I was telling you guys about. The poster cliamed no extra charges for the use of cooper piping. Things like bracket and power point are not included. The quote for the Fujitsu System 3 was $2450. It also offers 15 month workmanship warrenty.

Kaisoon Air-conditioning & Engineering Design
Tel: 4817482 4870092

mandy

hi,

mine is by gain city and i think i paid only abt $80 for the copper piping. and i have 4 split unit at home. i like gain city cos the service provided by their men is the best i have ever since. do consider them.
happy.gif

cheers

mandy

jusme

i won't use gain city. their after sales service was one of the worst i had ever experienced. the customer service was actually quite redundant because no one bothered to help solve the problems of my air-con. But, that was some while ago, perhaps they have changed now.

mandysst

hi jusme,

hm... i dun know wat happen to yours, but mine was perfect.then again.... could be a different CSO.

cheers

mandy

richard

hi all

i have used gaincity before and the after sales service is VERY BAD! if you got no problem with the installation you are very the lucky if not if you speak to the customer service officer some very impatient and can bang down the phone show you their temper...

installation also very poor design.

so good luck to all of you.

bluz

hi all

i engaged Allbest..bad experience with them..installation was no good & they have to come down 3x to rectify the problem. There' no aftersales service either..need to contact them several times b4 they came down.

F

fluke

I've justed bought a System 5 from Natural Cool (IMM)...will be installing in a couple of weeks. It seems that they use much better insulation than what's available in the market. Although their prices are slightly higher, I hope it will pay for itself eventually when I don't get water leaks. (my trunkings are all concealed)

Anyone has exprience wif them to share?

A

allworst

Another victim of AllBest...... Tomorrow will be my forth trip down to new house to settle the aircon. They make me wait from 10a.m to 5p.m during my second appointment to install piping. And they cock up again today when installing the unit! They are having too many business and do not care about scheduling any more.I have just a bad quarrel with their supervisor and he still don't admit his mistake (and can still scold back!!)

Don't be buy in by their salesman, they do nothing or disappeared after you sign the invoice.......

installation good or bad? will let you people know tomorrow... but I have lost my confidence with them. Beware

aircon

hi all

gain cxxy and allbxxt all claimed all give rubber pads to sit on the ledge and use good quality rubber trunking.... salesman all can talk good so in the end it is your decision to let who to do it...

S

strange

is it normal to have condensation droplets on the underside of the aircon trunking?

elmo2109

hi,
I got my Fujitsu system 3 ard $2225 at IMM. 2x installation w/o extra charge. I went to Gain City before, they encouraged one time installation, need to pay ard $200 for the 2nd installation.

tomato

Hi Elmo,

How many BTU/hr is your Fujitsu system? (for eg 12000+6500+6500 BTU/hr)
Are there extra charges for copper/rubber piping and brackets?

elmo2109

Hi tomato,
It's 20800 Btu/hr, actually dun know what is it, i supposed should be how powerful it is?
I know they din charge me for extra thick padding and extension of piping.

C

cc

Hi Elmo,

What is the Name of the Shop at IMM where you got your Fujitsu system 3? Is their service good?

CC

jon

i got my fujisu sys 4 fr hong seng @ IMM for $2999. no extra charge for extra trunking or for 2-time installation. quite happy /w their advices given. spoke to andy - avery nice & experienced guy. e coy is also quite reputable, heard gd comments aby them somewhere here.

need 2 time cos now all fujisu sys 4 units out of stock until end jun. but cannot wait so will install e turnking 1st, then can proceed /w my reno works.

yan

hi, i recently just get a sharp aircon from city gain and it only cost S$2368 including the piping and installation.plus extention of 5 years warranty , i heard this extention cost about $200
maybe you can try looking into gain city

M

mitsubishi???

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has used Twin City's services before. How's their installation and after sales service? Went down to their Toa Payoh shop and it seems that they're prices are quite attractive. But as they're not as well know as Gain City, not sure about their installation.

Also, has anyone used Mitsubishi non-inverter type aircon before? Does it get noisy after a while? I'm thinking of getting the System 4 and putting 2 blowers in my l-shaped living room, and 2 in the bedrooms. Thinking of leaving 1 bedroom without aircon due to budget constraints. I'm not really a heavy user of aircon, perhaps only at night and weekends. However, price wise, the normal System 4 is actually close to the price of StarMex Sys 3. The only diff is that I heard the inverter cannot turn on all blowers at the same time as it won't be cold. Is this true? I'm really confused and don't know which one to get. Would really appreciate some suggestions. Another option for me is to get a System 2 + System 1. The price is around there also.

Thanks!

N

need to know

Hi mitsubishi???

I've ordered that Mitsubishi System 4 non-inverter type also. As I'm not a frequent user of aircon, I choose to install the non-inverter model. I save up 1k as compare to the Starmex series.

I'm getting it from GainCity for $3102 with 5 yrs extended warranty. I'm installing one in living and 3 in bedrooms. I'll use a curtain to block up my living room when I need to switch on the living aircon. Luckily my flat layout allow me to do that with ease.

I think if your compressor btu rating is lower than the total btu when u add up all the individual fancoils btu, you aircon won't be cold if u switch on all aircon at once. I believe this is true regardless of inverter or not.

So depending on ur usage pattern, if u r expected to switch on all the aircon fancoils when u need it, then the second option (buying 2 compressors) may be more suitable for u. u will get colder air.

Me too looking for comments about Mitsubishi non-inverter system 4 but have not gather any yet. But according to gaincity, Mitsubishi aircon are generally good. However, still need confirmation from other sources.

regards
need to know

nac

I am currently using a Mitsubitshi Non-inverter system-4. After 1 month, not cool already. I have to pump gas. Really regret the purchase. I got it for S$2900 with extended warranty and free 21 inch JVC TV.

sparks

hi all,

then did anyone use the starmex inverter system 4?? there are 2 types with different power.. one is MXY-26SV, the other one is MXY-32SV.... px diff is around 300... is it neccessary to have the greater power??? cuz mine is only a punggol 5 room flat...

and i'm also very confused, i thot with inverter can switch on all the aircon and still be cold???

my quotation from twin city is also relatively cheaper..did anyone use them for installation?? is there any problem after that...

N

need to know

Hi nac

Did u bought it from Gain city? or someone else?

not cold after one month!!? that's very strange... did u call someone to come down to check ur piping? Is there a leakage somewhere?

If there is a leakage, no point pumping in new gas as it will leak again after sometime. Better to identify the source of the problem.

Pls let me okie? as if the problem is due to Aircon unit itself, I may want to change the model quickly.

thanks
need to know

N

need to know

Hi nac

so can I assume that ur aircon is not cold is due to piping (workmanship) problem and not because of the Mitsubishi non-inverter system?

I'm asking GainCity to intall, they are good in their workmanship.

nac

Hi need to know,
I think you are probably right that it could be due to leakage.

I heard Gain City charge for piping. Is that true?

linsaw

hi nac..
yes gaincity do charge for piping , because they only prvided piping up to 30ft long... the rest you have to pay yourself... i think one metre is 2.2 per metre... but they services is good.. you can try them

N

need to know

Hi nac,

I sign up with GainCity during the one of the home exhibition in Expo. During the exhibition they sold aircon system at discounted price and they will not charge for extra piping plus a 20% discount on the extended warranty if u buy the 5 years extended warranty from them.

I think its quite a good deal.

thanks
need to know

nac

Hi linsaw,

thanks for your reply. How do you make sure that the gain city contractors finish their work on their first appointment (heard that second appointment would mean another $200).

Hi need to know, I think you got a good deal if the piping/installation by gain city is really good.

nac

Hi need to know,
do you think the extended warranty is useful? I did not get that when I purchased my set. The supplier was willing to sell me at $150. But I think the company may go bust before the 5 yrs. So no point.

siegeperilous

Just to share some experience on Gain City and aircon.
I will be installing my aircon this coming week.
Bought Daikin System 4 Conventional from Gain City at around S$3.5k which also include GST, extended warranty for 5 years and S$250 Dairy Farm Vouchers. Not to forget their "22nd anniversary lucky draw" coupons (??).
1. The sales person was pushing National System 4 (when I asked abt Daikin), where he claimed that National OEM from Daikin the technology. Also, with the extended warranty to National System 4 (20k BTU)was around S$500 lower (with extended warranty of 5 years for National) than Daikin System 4 (20k BTU).
2. Is extended warranty absolutely necessary ?
I do not have the answer for that. Cos I was afraid that the aircon will indeed fail so I bought it. Plus I was afraid that these folks might do a bad job. I love cool air, so the last thing that I like to happen is a spoilt aircon !Worst of all, got into some arguments with my wife , cos spent another S$300+ more for a trusted brand in our eyes. Dunt worry, now alright.
3. Gain City indeed offer a lower price for the same type of brand (I was looking only for Daikin, National, McQuay, Mitsubishi) compared to Hong Sen (offer slightly higher - $100 more for Daikin Sys4 but provide 2 trip svs), Long Win (slightly better piping, around same price as Hong Sen), Natural Cool (Same price as Hong Sen but one trip).
However Gain City like to push for extended warranty which will cost you another 10% odd increase of the actual price you need to pay. And they only come for one visit.
4. I do not know of AllBest. No comment.
5. I do not know if my deal is the best. You decide but I will inform you again should the service/installation of my aircon is of poor service/quality.

Thank you for reading such a long comment.

D

dult

how is the aircon performance affected by its btu?
i recently bought a tri-con sanyo with combination of 2x6000 btu and 1x9000 btu units. however, there seems to be a grave problem. none of the aircons can effectively cool down the room, the rooms can only reach 26C at the lowest, even when the aircons are on for an hour. is the poor perfomance due to its low btu? is 6000 btu considered low? any one has an answer?

leslie

Hi Dult

I am buying aircon system for my house, so share this info with you. I was told by several shops that you need to have sufficient BTU for a room, if not it will take a longer time to cool down. Sometimes if the BTU is too low, you won't have coolness if you turn on all the rooms' aircon. That is why the shops will calculate the floor area and recommend the different combinations.

They recommend at least 9000 btu for a room to me.

angie

Hi

Anyone engage Hong Seng Air-Con Contractor at IMM #02-12? Can anyone provide feedback of their services, installation and after-sale services?

How about this Company called Kaisoon Air-Conditioning & Engineering Design? Anyone engage them before? Pls provide me with feedback of these 2 company.

I'm deciding between these 2 firms which one to employ to install my hse aircon

zenn

Gals,

Anyone bought aircon fm Gain City recently? Any comments on their installation?

Am deciding btw Mitsubishu non-inv & Toshiba non-inv. Any feedback?

nyny

hi zenn
i bought aircon during their roadshow few days ago. heard from my friends that the installation is good.

i bought toshiba inv. the technician and saleman had good comments on toshiba e.g. stronger blowing wind, quiet compressor and more energy saving compared to mit. y you wanna buy non-inv? inv type is slightly more ex but in long term, it save the electricity bill.

you can go to their showroom at plaza sing ( or roadshow) to ask them show you the comparison.