Just to share some experience on Gain City and aircon.
I will be installing my aircon this coming week.
Bought Daikin System 4 Conventional from Gain City at around S$3.5k which also include GST, extended warranty for 5 years and S$250 Dairy Farm Vouchers. Not to forget their "22nd anniversary lucky draw" coupons (??).
1. The sales person was pushing National System 4 (when I asked abt Daikin), where he claimed that National OEM from Daikin the technology. Also, with the extended warranty to National System 4 (20k BTU)was around S$500 lower (with extended warranty of 5 years for National) than Daikin System 4 (20k BTU).
2. Is extended warranty absolutely necessary ?
I do not have the answer for that. Cos I was afraid that the aircon will indeed fail so I bought it. Plus I was afraid that these folks might do a bad job. I love cool air, so the last thing that I like to happen is a spoilt aircon !Worst of all, got into some arguments with my wife , cos spent another S$300+ more for a trusted brand in our eyes. Dunt worry, now alright.
3. Gain City indeed offer a lower price for the same type of brand (I was looking only for Daikin, National, McQuay, Mitsubishi) compared to Hong Sen (offer slightly higher - $100 more for Daikin Sys4 but provide 2 trip svs), Long Win (slightly better piping, around same price as Hong Sen), Natural Cool (Same price as Hong Sen but one trip).
However Gain City like to push for extended warranty which will cost you another 10% odd increase of the actual price you need to pay. And they only come for one visit.
4. I do not know of AllBest. No comment.
5. I do not know if my deal is the best. You decide but I will inform you again should the service/installation of my aircon is of poor service/quality.
Thank you for reading such a long comment.