Affordable Toilet Bowls, Basins, Taps & Accessories

rainforest

Josie,

Royal Fanco's address is 131 Jalan Besar Singapore 208849. Tel : 6299 0543 Henry is the proprieter, patient and attentive. His shop is just next to a bean curd shop, and directly opposite a bus stop. You may not be used to the ambience of the shop as he doesn't seem to have renovated it for some time, but for the sanitary ware like sinks, basins, taps, showerheads, kitchen accessories that are available from him, his pricing is very reasonable. He may not have an extensive range, but he will try to locate and source it from the suppliers for you if he does not carry it in stock.

He also recommended me a very efficient plumber to install a rain shower (cold water use ) that I 've purchased two weeks ago, it's working perfectly. Henry explained in detail the plumbing pipes and fixtures/valves that I should buy which the plumber used and installed in less than 45 minutes.

Other than Royal Fanco, there is also Poh Joo Hardware and Engineering shop along Jalan Besar. They have 2 outlets, one newer air conditioned outlet opposite Lavender Food Centre, and another nearer the Jalan Berseh Hawker Centre.
Both carry basically the same line of sanitary ware and Kitchen sinks, basins, cooker hobs/hoods/ovens as well.

Their prices are very reasonable, but be prepared to compare prices & features/functions as many other shops along Jalan Besar carry quite similar products/models.

jj_autumn

Hi Rainforest,

Thank you for taking the time to write, and providing some recommendations. I'll take note of their locations!

purplebird

Recently I bought hood/hob, basins, toilet bowls from this shop called U-Home in Ang Mo Kio Ave 5. I walked all shops in Jalan Besar, IMM and U-Home prices are the best. Service good also.Worth your consideration.

clareding

Hi, anyone knows if Royal Franco charges GST? If charge GST, then I better go and buy my stuff within this week liao.
Thanks!

rainforest

Hello Clare,

Henry Liau , the proprieter of Royal Fanco , does not charge GST... instead he will provide pretty good service. But it's better to ask him to reserve the things that you want for July, since although he does not charge you GST , his suppliers may increase the wholesale price come 1st July. Last month I bought a 22" stainless steel dish drying rack from him, I reserved it as I didn't want to carry it for an appointment on the same day , but collected it a week later, the price had gone up from $55 to $60 due to price increase by suppliers, but he charged me the old price. In any case , his new price was still lower than the $65 charged by the other shops.

keltic999

Hi all

After reading all the postings here, visited Poh Joo, ESH and Royal Franco in Jln Besar. Would like to share my experience:

We went to Royal Franco (RF) first. Its true to what I read here in the forum. The place is small and pretty unimpressive looking. Very warm and stuffy inside. Alot of customers there at that time, about 5 couples. Henry the boss was busy serving 2 couples while the other 3 including me and my FW, were left to our own devices inside the shop. So while browsing, nobody came to entertain us, me and FW decide to drop by PJ and ESH to check out first.

PJ - Second place we stop by. Alot of customers too but compared to RF, they have more staff there. Was there with my FW for 30 mins but nobody came to serve us even though I purposely exclaimed loudly about looking for a nice designer type of rectangularish wash basin and one-piece WC. Lingered there for another 10 mins before I got frustrated and left. Was there for a full 45 mins, but nobody came to ask what we wanted or offered help.

ESH - After PJ, we crossed the road and went to ESH. Not as many customers there. Was served by a lady. Service not bad, very attentive and listened to our requirements. Tried to show us some designs. But compared to PJ and RF, ESH does not carry as many designs or variety. Was looking for a rain shower set with a square rose but they don't have. Only have round ones. They also have limited variety for wash basins and WC. Pricing-wise, we think its pretty reasonable. Main drawback was their lack of variety. We thanked the lady and went back to RF.

Royal Franco - Second time we went back, less customers. Henry busy serving all the remianing 3 couples, and like one forummer said, me and FW really did felt 'ignored'. Henry's wife seemed to be 'busy' but we noticed she kept going back to Henry to enquire about their product, price etc. Essentially, its a one-man show there. After 15 minute just when I'm starting to get frustrated (i'm not known to be the patient type), Henry came up and said 'Pai seh ah! Busy la! How can I help?' and before I can answer, he went off and went back to serve the other customer. I was quite amused really than angry, so I went up to him and said 'Hey boss! Sorry ah! I looking to buy alot of stuff from you leh. Got some catalogues anot?' I think that caught his attention. He showed us some catalogues for fans, wash basins, WC. After almost 1hour 15 minutes there in his hot stuffy shop, we bought the following:

1) Rain shower set (8" square rose c/w secondary shower head)
2) Amasco 56" ceiling fan
3) One piece WC for MBR toilet
4) Wash basin with tap
5) Assorted Criztol toilet accessories for MBR and common toilet
6) KDK standing fan

All in all, at end of day, we spent $1400 there (Henry rounded down the final price to $1400). I felt its pretty good buy because the rain shower set, the basin, the basin tap all felt solid and are in the design that we looking for our MBR toilet.

I think for RF, you got to be patient esp when Henry has alot of customers. But when he is serving you, you can be assured he will give you 100% attention and excellent service! When we ask for catalogue to see the squarish type of rain shower, he said dont rely on catalogue and promptly brought out samples for us to see, touch and feel. When we ask to see taps, he brought out quite a few designs for us to choose from. He also don't recommend the more expensive 'water-fall' type of tap to us as he said more expensive and instead recommended another type that suits our needs, and blends in with our overall MBR toilet concept. Hes also very knowledgable about his products and can even remember all the product codes and pricing when writing out the invoice! Impressive!

All in all, me and FW happy with our purchase at RF. Although we know that perhaps there can be slightly lower prices for our items out there, to us, we feel that its really good value-for-money there.

rainforest

Hello Keltic999

I am glad that you have had the patience and perserverence in going back to RF shop, Henry is not the type who will ignore his customers, just that he has too many at one time to handle and he will not be able to provide the same level of service that he is capable of, more so during the weekends.

His wife, as i was told is a full time teacher at Teck Ghee Primary School, and would only be in his shop during weekends to help "look after" , she would not be expected to be knowledgeable enough to handle the more in depth enquiries.

In any case, glad to hear that you have had a great shopping experience in a "hot stuffy" shop : )

inex

wow looks like me and FH are pretty lucky. both times we went, we were given undivided attention. I will be going back to buy more stuff from RF definitely.

Henry must be wondering how come suddenly he have so much customers to handle LOL. maybe should book appointment with him for consultation.

lavendery

Maybe u go there during weekdays? Thats why u got undivided attention? First time i went, it fall on a weekday afternoon, we're the only customer in the shop, stayed there for 2hrs+.

2nd time we went to buy more things (its a Sat afternoon), slighly abit crowded.

inex

hmmm no leh. we went on a weekend.. afternoon. but we did leave and came back again when we saw he is busy with other customers
happy.gif

tweetybird77

Not everthing in Royal Fanco is cheapest. However, for convenience, I bought most of the kitchen/toilet stuff from Henry. I bought hob/hood from Goh Ah Bee, about $50 cheaper compared to most other shops. Was most satisfied with Henry's service. V accomdating and understanding. Was so happy in the end that I didn't really bargain further, after he gave some discounts. Total damage $2150.

alice916

Ic. But we mainly want to buy 2 toilet bowls, 2 basin amd 2 Jacuzzi.
Wandering the got resonable price of jacuzzi or not..

alice916

Hi all,
anyone know wht's the bussiness hour from Royal Fanco?
Yesterday had went to c from Nan Wah.
1400mm x 700mm Jacuzzi (6 jets)=$814.22
1400mm x 740mm Jacuzzi (6 jets)=$924.13
Kitchen basin standard Stell= $131.46
Bathroom accessories sets (made in china) =$60

One of the salesmen told me that, they will have warehouse sell begining of sept.

yc_mw

Hi Girls,

Have bought some stuff from Henry, prices are pretty good. Was most pleased with their prices for the fountain tap. Only cost me $90 as compared to others mostly retailing at least $130 & above. I bought the following:

1) FOuntain spa tap
2) Glass Basin for MBR toilet
3) 1 piece WC
4) Stainless steel basin c/w Soap dispenser
5) Rain Shower (FLat kind, so that wun ve too much residue water)
6) Mixer with 3 holes
7)Joven Storage Heater (25l)

Hmm, total damage is $1,050. I tink I got quite a good deal. I din buy my hood & hob, coz have oredi purchased em earlier at Andamas. Those going to Andamas, can look for Martin, I tink he's good too. Juz tat that day when I went down, he's off, so juz walk over to RF.

yc_mw

Hi Alice,

If u're refering to RF, they close at 6.30pm on weekdays, but i'm not pretty sure of their operation hours for weekends. Give Henry a call lor, if u can;t make it within their Ops Hrs, if u confirm going down, tink he'll wait for u der.

alice916

Hi Piglet, thanks a lot. oh close at 6.30pm oh.. alamak.. we finnish work at 6.30pm:p may be we will try to look for them during weekend.
happy.gif
will give them a call. thanks again
happy.gif

mrsyong

Hi everyone, wanted to share my experience with Royal Franco but looks like no need to! =) Fabulous buys.. the best part is I've been there 4 times. Each time taken aback by the cheap and good buys. Feel satisfied everytime.

HB and I would shop at IMM to note the stuffs we want. We always copy down all the prices so as to compare. We noted the material used too. And when we went to Henry everytime, he always gives such good prices we don't even bargin cos we know what's the market price liked! So he's our last stop and we know it'll be so shiok! Basins, taps, hob & hood, shower set, toilet accessories, kitchen sink, kitchen accessories, he has it all! I'm advertising for him cos he's a friendly chap and has good aftersales service too. Delivery made in good condition too.

best part, he doesn't charge GST for old customers. Better still, bring your stack of cash he may even waiver off NETS's commission fee. He mentioned b4 though, but silly me always nvr withdraw cash.. it's about 3-5% off! try asking him for it.

mrsyong

about him being busy with other customers, it's true. He'll served one or two couples at most. He doesn't rush couples to buy too. and the rest gotta wait. So it's best to go weekdays, 2-4pm if you can.

jadebelle

Hi.. I went to RF to take a look after so many positive feedbacks here. Just like to give my feedback too.. I think the prices and service is definitely good but found it quite hard to choose my items there as many of those items were not on display. Especially some of the designer WC, sinks, h&h.. Either have to take out from the box to see or see from catalogue. Quite hard to imagine it fixed up in the house and can't really have a feel of it.

Also the brands of the items there different from other places so quite hard to compare prices. But I guess if you like the pattern/design of the items and it's durable, the brand doesnt really matter..

Quite tempted to get there but still hesistant as some of the stuff might have to order from catalogue without seeing the real thing.. Anyone had same problem?

yc_mw

Hi Jadebell,

for my case, I ordered my 1piece WC from RF oso through catalogue nia. I din even do market research beforehand. But, I felt comfortable enuff to order straight from Henry even though I've not done my homework b4 hand for WC. Anyway, he's shifting to the shop space next door. It'll be much bigger than his current premise, so, hope that more stuff can be displayed our for his & his customer's convenience.
:D

rainforest

Royal Fanco's address is 131 Jalan Besar Singapore 208849. Tel : 6299 0543 Ask for Henry...I noticed someone mentioned that he's shifting to the shop next door, not sure if he's moved yet, do call Henry first....

dolphin22

Bought from Royal Franco 2 weeks ago. Reasonable prices i got to say and good service. I think the unit number is 135 i guess!

jentan63

Thanks rainforest n patrick..

I wonder if royal franco sells porcelain/clay/ceramic lotion bottle, toothbrush holder and cups for bathroom? does anyone of you have any idea?? have been looking around but to no avail.. pls help..

Thank you in advance..

jentan63

Dear paradise

Yes, I saw @ Ikea.. but not very ideal.. so asking around if anyone knows where else have it.. but thank you for your prompt reply..

eviangal

I know that Henry has plenty of supporters and good reviews online liaoz.. But I really want to share my pleasant shopping experience with him. I have been to Royal Franco based on Forum reccomendations. Despite many reviews on his low prices, I remained unconvinced and tried looking at other shops in the same Jalan Besar area as well.. True enough, Royal Franco proves to be the cheapest, best value and the best customer service. Henry is very patient in serving you and his wife is very nice in trying to help in the quoting of prices, etc when Henry is busy.. They even helped us carry our wash baisin to the car way after closing hours as wewe need to bing it back for our designer to take measurements. To all who are considering of purchasing sanitary wares... I strongly recommend Royal Fanco

sun7

hi jenny tan, you need to disable your profile so that othr people can send you advise or else you will not be able to receive anything liao.
you can try "Sparco" shop that sells all the things you need, reasonable price. i bought alot of toilet items from this shop just recently.

sun7

jenny, you need to change somewhere under "profile". sparco at balestier, staff wearing orange t-shirt. you can look for a lady name Ms jojo, not sure whether is she the owener or ?? very friendly and quite honest.

sun7

hi jenny, more info for you since we are both new to this web. there is another shop beside sparco which look cool, bigger and nicer but price of course more expensive la. help you save more time for yr surveying. will be going back rto sparco for more item to be purchased.

jentan63

Hi sun..

My new house is a resale flat at woodlands. Are we neighbours? haha.. you have the address for sparco?

sun7

hi jenny, quite close, mine at sembawang, don't have the address now, tomorrow give you la. you find id already ?

jentan63

Hi sun..

my place is fully done up.. now filling in with the nitty gritty stuff.. didnt have an id, we design our house ourselves as my hubby was prevously doing interior design..

nowadays all the toiletries are glass and stainless steel.. very hard to find porcelain/ceramic.. in fact i only need toothbrush/toothpaste holder and lotion bottle.. and ideally they can be square..hehe

jentan63

ok la.. so so lor.. but very stressful.. u can not imagine going thru the renovation.. i almost gone crazy.. finally come to this stage.. whew..

your new place, you buy directly from HDB huh?

sun7

yes, bought directly from hdb. the one with full glass, blue in colour when you take mrt and will pass buy when going back to woodlands. near 3M. familiar??