Affordable Toilet Bowls, Basins, Taps & Accessories

agent1007

Hi Piggy08!

The number for the shop is 6299 0453. Chances are you’ll be talking to the boss Henry.

Don’t be taken in by the look of the place okay? Its small, not well lit, and abit cramp because of all the stock that is stacked in boxes. The models he displays are old ones, so its best if you just approach Henry and ask for his newest selections.

We just took delivery of the stuff that we bought from him. He was nice enough to call us before the delivery to check if we had any changes to the order. True enough, we had to change the order a bit, and also to add some other items. These changes meant that we would owe him something at the end of the day, but he was happy to deliver the stuff first and collect from us later. Not that big a deal, but these small things chalk up the good impression we had of him.

Have fun and enjoy yourself there! Even if you don’t buy anything there, you’ll probably get one or two pointers from Henry about selecting the fixtures.

eugene

Would like to reccommend Rey from Asia Excel, IMM lvl 3-10B. HP: 97621938

Best deal so far, and very friendly. Fridge even cheaper than sweetson at bukit batok. Replies my sms-es for different enquires. Tell him you're a member of RFC - Rey Fan club
happy.gif
He'll know who recommended him then. Cheers

maytan

Hi,

I recently just brought an extra set of toilet accessories, now letting out at $40 for 7 item.

Is brand new set.
come with toilet roll holder, soap holder, cup and toothbrush holder, a glass cup, hand towel holder, towel rack, glass holder.

Those who want to see the photos can email to me at: [email protected]

jess78

Hi all, maybe u guys 1 2 check out tis place "LOOKZ". They hv very nice designer & affordable kitchen & toilet accessories. Service is also very good. located at Jln Besar. jus say intro by Jess.

denor

Hello all
just to elaborate more on Lookz.

I called the Franke main distributor, and they recommended Lookz to see the actual sinks and taps.

Address of Lookz:308 Balestier Rd, #01-01
10am - 9pm daily
Will be doing my rounds soon.... burn fat haha

coyotefr

I am looking for kitchen sink from Franke perhaps. Franke has a promotion for Sink + Mixer but i don't require a mixer. Anyone could recommend.

denor

Hello Josephine,
you may want to try Asia Excel, the one that pple talk about?

First hand experience: Went to Lookz Friday 21April. Lady quoted me $490. Today 22 April got my hubby to call Asia Excel. They quoted me $388 for the same stuff.
Er, if you dun have the number you pm me? OR just post here lah haha

coyotefr

Hi Bubbles,

Thx. I hv the contact of Asia Excel at IMM. I am lousy in negotiating prices. Anyone purchase standard promo package for their sink and tap? At what price?

kenjoc

Hi Astrogal,

Hee.. manage to find you here. Royal Franco is along Jalan Besar (Don't have the exact add) There's one shop named Poh Joo, the shop number is 159, Royal Franco is some units down the road (along the same stretch). Across the road, there's another shop- Eng Soon Huat. Shop unit is 134.

Can look ard there.

stressedl

hi josephine,
I bought the std promo package (with Fremont tap) I was able to get a discount from the listed price of the promotion.I think $18 off.

Service ok even tho Ray is very bz cos most couples buy alot of stuff n he will concentrate on 1 customer at a time.

coyotefr

Hi VL,

I bought the promo package & some other stuffs fr Ray (with Tannin tap, $18 off the list),I asked the same promo pack. at Jln Besar, no discount. Ray is a nice & gentle guy. Anyone interested to get yr bathroom/kitchen stuffs, can approach them.

stressedl

ya, Ray is a soft spoken guy.I had a good price for my cooker hood too. Delivery was prompt n delivery guy Mohd was friendly too.

gnm

QUOTE HappyTea (happytea)hihi, anyone of you took the promotion package from FRANKE (hood+hob+sink+taps+accessories)?

hmm... how much is it? got picture to see?

edalene

i don't think Royal Fanco is that great. HB and I went down twice and it was not even open. Once on sunday, and once on friday. Yesterday (saturday) when we tried our luck again, it was open. But the service was quite bad. The lady, whom i presume is Henry's wife don't seem to know what their shop carries, and isn't quite friendly if you ask me. We wanted this disc shaped tap that is quite popular, but the wife said they don't sell those. Then after that she asked Henry, and he said they do carry but need to check how much. But he never got back to us on the price, but continue to serve another customer. We also wanted to look for this franke kitchen sink, but the model we wanted was not available in his shop. So he said he will call and ask. We waited for quite a while cause he said the other party did not pick up the phone. So HB and me said we will come back later. 30 mins later when we went back, Henry told us the guy didn't pick up, but i strongly feel that he didn't bother to call again after the first time, or he forgot. So his wife tried to call. We waited there for 20 mins just to get the price and for the other party to pick up the phone. Nobody attended to us all this while, while we were waiting. Just stand there like idiots. Until finally we got fed up and left our contact number with Henry, requesting him to give us a call once he know the price. All this while he was serving another customer, while his wife was watching tv. There wasn't even recommendations made for other kitchen sinks when they couldn't help us get the price of the Franke sink. We feel like we are not important to them as customers at all, despite all the good things mentioned about them in this forum. Until now, we have not received a call from them. Don't think will ever visit that place again.

edalene

HappyTea, you can go to Franke website at www.franke.com.sg

Their "Admiral" design kitchen sink is very nice. About $500+. Asia Excel can give good price. But they only have the platinum color for this design. Or you can go to the FRANKE showroom at bukit merah.

blurbaby

Hi,
can i just call up Ray on his mobile? any difference if i just walk into the store? Was served by his assistant before!

kjn

Hi all,

I bought most of my toilet accesories from Royal Franco. i think the Boss, Henry is quite patient in serving us. The main reason why we choose to buy from his shop is the cheaper price he offer as compare to other shop. I bought a tempered glass basin + tap + S/S bracket for only $230 which i really think is a good deal. I had also bought a 7-set toilet accesories (Crizto brand) + a mirror for only $100. some of the shops i went actually offer me $120 for the toilet accesories and not included the mirror. We didnt bargain a lot cuz when we compare the price it is already much cheaper than other shops.
Today they r goin to deliver tall the things i bought to my new place, n Henry called me yday to confirm the delivery time. Personally i find him very friendly and i like his service.
happy.gif

sherman_s

hi adelene

i don't think Royal Fanco is that great. HB and I went down twice and it was not even open. Once on sunday, and once on friday. Yesterday (saturday) when we tried our luck again, it was open. But the service was quite bad. The lady, whom i presume is Henry's wife don't seem to know what their shop carries, and isn't quite friendly if you ask me. We wanted this disc shaped tap that is quite popular, but the wife said they don't sell those. Then after that she asked Henry, and he said they do carry but need to check how much. But he never got back to us on the price, but continue to serve another customer. We also wanted to look for this franke kitchen sink, but the model we wanted was not available in his shop. So he said he will call and ask. We waited for quite a while cause he said the other party did not pick up the phone. So HB and me said we will come back later. 30 mins later when we went back, Henry told us the guy didn't pick up, but i strongly feel that he didn't bother to call again after the first time, or he forgot. So his wife tried to call. We waited there for 20 mins just to get the price and for the other party to pick up the phone. Nobody attended to us all this while, while we were waiting. Just stand there like idiots. Until finally we got fed up and left our contact number with Henry, requesting him to give us a call once he know the price. All this while he was serving another customer, while his wife was watching tv. There wasn't even recommendations made for other kitchen sinks when they couldn't help us get the price of the Franke sink. We feel like we are not important to them as customers at all, despite all the good things mentioned about them in this forum. Until now, we have not received a call from them. Don't think will ever visit that place again."

Been to Royal Fanco during the 1st time, i have the same experience as above. But after travelling up and down jalan besar and IMM numerous time, decided to pop in Royal Fanco for the 2nd time.

And as Mandy&alvin describe, its really a goldmine there. Turned out, Henry is really a down to earth guy, and pops out all his new collections for your consideration. Price wise, no point to highlight here, if you know your stuffs well, nothing comes close to their pricing.

Just bought all the sinks and taps from Royal Fanco yesterday. Was happy with his service and prices, hence decided to write up on behalf of Henry.

But you must know that, when he is servicing a customer, he will only focus on the customer, the rest will have to wait. maybe tats why you waited so long. and seriously, i believe he did call Franke for you more than once :p

2 cents worth.

twinnie07

Hey everyone.. i heed all of ur advise and bot all my anitary accessories from Asia Excel Ricky. I must praise his service and the discount that he gave was much better than Hoe Kee or Sin Siang Choon. Recommended

coyotefr

I agreed with "LoveMe". Both Ricky and Ray are helpful. I bought all my sanitary & kitchen accessories from them. Good bargain compared to SSC & HK.

twinnie07

Coyote.. u r rite
happy.gif
Sometimes the service plays a big part, esp they willing to lower the price for u, be it little or huge amt. I regretted buying my kitchen sink from SSC. I shd have got it from Asia Excel. Furthermore, it's Frank. My sink from SSC has no brand lor. sadz. My ID mentioned that the mirror fr IKEA is diff material from those Asia Excel, HK, SSC.. it's thinner. It's still better to pay a bit more to get better prdts. Afterall, it's one-time purchase.

bearylemon

thanks all for your advice. went to poh joo to get all our sink shower set, basin and taps. would have even got our WC there but already bought it at another place which was recommended by my contractor. Very bad service and extremely expensive in price. it is at chuan heng 130 Jalan Besar. i was quoted 250 for a wc, not knowing the actual price we decided to buy it cause they were recommened good thing we only bought 2 wc there, after leaving went over to poh joo to buy some more items. Finding the same WC the price was already 235 before discount. after discount it was 180, so please check. i learnt my lesson from this. expensive does not mean quality at certain places.

gbom

Bought rain shower, toilet bowls, taps, basin....from LOOKZ yesterday. They have quite a good variety, so i thought its more convinient to get all at one place!! Price wise...my contractor say quite reasonable...
happy.gif

wisqix

Just want to share that we popped by LOOKZ for a quotation too. Some of the stuff does seem quite nice but after doing our comparison, we found the stuff quite exp. It is impt to shop around first. Anyway, we ordered our stuff from Royal Fanco. I agree that Henry will concentrate on one customer at one time so we can be assured of full attention from him. Maybe it is impt to check that he is free b4 stepping into the store. His wife is nice too but pdt and price knowledge is not there. That's what we did because the first time we went, Henry was attending to other customers so his wife served us, in the end we left without buying anything. The next day we popped by and Henry served us this time. We got all our stuff there.
happy.gif

rontay

Hi, was recommended LOOKZ by my ID too. Went down last Sat to take a look. The stuffs they had was quite nice. May I ask how much u all pay for all these things like toilet fittings, WC, 2 Wash Basins, 1 Kitchen Sink, Joven Water Tank, Shower Mixer?

Did you all get all this things from one place or buy seperately?
For me, I think that if I buy all the things from one shop, if there is any problems, it will be easier.

Hope to hear some advices.

chendol

After checking found that Lookz charges $20-$30 more than other shops? And they don't give further discounts on hob and hood prices on the brochure compared to the Jln Besar shops.

lookz now at balestier right? must have relocated since some posts above mentioned they were at Jln Besar.

I experienced good service from Benjamin Seah at Poh Joo - he's director leh. :p

pinkhippo2002

I don't find Asia Excel cheap
went there twice, price can't compare to Poh Joo

taps for whole house from Poh Joo
Basin & mirror from Sim Siang Choon
bathroom accessories (towel rail etc) from Hoe Kee
WC from Rigel

now my toilets looked like hotel !

whoareyou

Went to Poh Joo. I think it is a new branch/showroom at the begining of Jalan Besar (if you are driving). No. 300+, I think. It is opp Lavender Food Court.

What I liked was the spacious and clean showroom. The others I was at looked run down and messy. The salesman was quite helpful even though we didn't buy anything... yet.

Was interested in Claytan WC that was selling at Poh Joo for $170. However, went to Rigel and bought a WC for $228 instead - it looked slightly better. Also, had a good impression that the after sales service is good from this forum.

Went to Royal Franco = the place was cramped and we couldn't really see the products properly so we don't think we'll buy anything from there. Pricing wise - I think it is slightly better. For a same rectangular wash basin, he was welling for $10 cheaper than Sim Siang Choon. The boss was attentive with us as mentioned here.

kvin81

Hi Xavjess, i had just purchased all my toilet accessories & my hoob & hob from Tiong Yeong Hardware. Well, i was served by Janet, very patient & she really takes her time to advise us what to get & what not to get. She was very patient with us despite that we were very demanding. I have notice that the price is quite resonable. We had placed an order but we told them that we will only start our renovation work right after chinese new year & they are very flexible with that. So maybe you can drop by there & have a look. You can also talk to them in giving you a discount.

vnc

Hi, Poh Joo's address!

Address :
159, Jalan Besar,
Singapore 208875.
(Opp. Jalan Berseh Hawker Center)

Tel: 6398 0588
Fax: 6398 1689

Operating hours :
Mon - Sat : 8:30 a.m - 6:00 p.m
Sun : 11:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m

happy.gif

limkoh_p

Hi all..

Just wanna recommend this lady Irene from Universal Union (they're selling basins, taps, hob, hood, heater etc.) She provide very good customer service (very approachable & sincere in doing sales) and very competitve price as well. I just got my basins, heater, hob & hood from them...:) very happy with them in all..

Cheers.. good luck to all

Universal Union Address:

710 Geylang Road (next to Lor 44)
Singapore 389625

TEL
(65) 6749 0007
(65) 6743 3852

FAX
(65) 6746 8849

http://www.universalunion.com.sg/

margie

Agree that Universal Union offers good service and price is reasonable. but the contact they provided for installation is super ex and seems to me the workmanship is poor. My home heater which was installed by him was not working when we moved in and when he came in to check, he told us he fitted it the wrong way that's y it's not working. He's also very slow in his installation. Took 2 days to complete installation for my 2 toliets (heater, toliet bowl and basin).

maniac23

Just bought a ton of stuff from Royal Franco. And i must say the experience was really very interesting.

First...you see the shop, and you think the place can't have much stuff. But Henry really know his stuff, and he is really patient. His prices are also really attractive. Even without any bargaining, his prices are already lower than most places. Henry will also try his best to give you what you want and need, so you're in good hands.

I also went to a couple of other places, and overall, still think Royal Franco to be the best.

inex

Just bought tons of stuff from Royal Franco too. if you can look beyond the rundown look of the shop, the stuff they carry is not bad. Great pricing for the items he sold too. Henry is very patient in serving us, and even advise us not to spend extra on unnecessary items! Best to meet him one on one because his wife really don't know much about the items they sell, Henry is then the expert. He won't hesitate to show you the good stuff he keeps in stock too. Buy in bulk from him (above $350) and he'll absorb delivery. Buy more and he knocks off the gst. Don't charge you the extra gst hike for your balance too.

I'll come back and update on the aftersales service
happy.gif