AFFAIR

powder

June,

let's face it... while i can appreciate u wanting to help, i must tell u that u Are the type who should Not try to help... u dun have the ability to help, only soothe... let me tell u why...

becos u have too much Prejudice, u live with old wives tales, u are not objective, and u dun bother to Think before u talk.

the way u start this thread shows Alot.
and u use something that only Idiots use - CPF...

"What i can't stand is that so many China women around cheating men with their CPF and hard earned $ and dump them"

this statement comes from the typical ignorant char bor who just wanna kow-peh...

pls dun help, u will cause your fren more problems.

btw, tell me how the china girl can cheat him of CPF... those ultra-old men are plain dumb - simple.

u ask any guy here, who can actually be cheated of CPF?

rofthelper

June Woo, your best friend need to have a sit down with her hubby to solve this problem. Anyway this type of problem only both of them can sit in and resolve together.

I think you are just getting emotional. What if she told you her hubby get involved with malaysian girls. Are you going to create another thread?

mootie

yes june, i also feel that it's ok for us to share our comments in here and not for u to go comfort ur friend with watever we said. For a person who needs to be guided won't be the best person to guide other people.

Kindly leave it to ur friend's family for them to decide for her. do not influence her with ur thoughts. it's very dangerous.

right now, ur friend is in a state of emotional breakdown. the way u show ur 'concern' and 'thoughts' might cause her to think more negatively. juz be a listening ear and ask her to think carefully. gd enough.

cheerio

i wonder by gathering comments and ideas here how is it going to help your fren?? if she really needs help then she should get personal advice from pple she trusts and will listen to.

miloice

Its also destroyed by idiotic people like this that push the blame on the 3rd party but failed to see the failure of the marriage isn't as simple as getting rid of PRCs.

June, you speak like a teenager. You are too childish and naive to even analyze the situation, let alone help. Would you like your friends interfering with your marriage telling you what and what you or partner should and should not be doing?? Don't poke your nose in.

Offer listening ears, but please don't encourage this kind of discriminating hatred. Face it, 70% of our products are made in China. Its in every part of our lives to keep biz profitable and running. It is the future of the economy. This kind of stupid discrimination keep you deep inside your frog well.

You want people with experience? My own dad was in affairs with more than one woman. Do I think badly of the woman, especially knowing he nominated her at the sole beneficiary of his CPF? When I spoke with her during my dad's funeral, I saw a simple woman. Someone that only listened to his woes and problems. Naturally, she had strong opinion over my mum and family.

But, I gave her the benefit of the doubt. What I think of her isn't important. What's important is that my dad was willing to support her financially remotely against all odds, despite losing everything and struggled to make ends meet. What he had with this woman was more than just sex. He loved this woman too.

Frankly, you spoke like me at 21. Grow up.

miloice

Not to mention, without china, there is no economy no jobs for everyone. Social problems arises not just sex. Finance is another big problem. Its normal to deal with problems, we don't live in some fantasy island happily ever after.

Its so naive and common for the auntie thinking to look at only the negatives but completely blind to the positives it brings us. It is part of our lives. We live in a global world.

Just checked your profile, your occupation probably explains your lack of exposure to the real world. You have been in a too protected environment all these while to allow your naive thinking to continue this long. What you spoke of in this forum definitely doesn't reflect your age.

tomasulu

lighten up francis. can't we have a discussion without all you pc nazis hijacking it for your anti-discrimination soapbox? and lay off the economic hyperbole. last i checked, we did ok before china reengaged with the rest of the world.

an unbridled immigration policy is creating social problems that wouldn't have existed otherwise. you are the fool if you try to deny such a reality. from a public policy standpoint, it is sensible to manage the issues with a balanced pragmatism. it is not because of discrimination that you can't have chinese maids.

vios

who is francis? what pc nazis? and if most of the earlier posts did not churn up discussions that relate to the topic, then what do you think we should freaking post?

group-hug and condemn ALL the PRC women, partially due to the increasing no. of stupid local men?

miloice

its not a saviour, but its definitely hitting to more industries that we actually realized. This is a reality of it all. Plants are being shut down and offices relocated. Singaporean's population grew over the last 20 yrs mainly from immigrants. That is something you cannot denial.

We cannot do without the foreign workers and yet keep costs low and fill up jobs unwanted by Singaporeans.

mark78

Maybe i should start a thread on how damn farkers of SG guy go screwing in china and cheating those PRC SYT over there and condemn SG guys...

simpleman

Milo,

But should we just discuss without reference to someone's occupation or age?

Occupation and age may not correspond to maturity.. yes correlation but in this instance, her arguments pretty hollow to begin in.. no need to drag other housewives into the picture..

tomasulu

Maybe you should. And when you do I hope nobody comes with a lorry load of self righteousness trying to deny you your point of view. Hmm Singaporean males in china versus Chinese females in sg... which do you think is a bigger problem? having so many young single females (from 3rd world countries) among us has created social problems, along with changes for the better. great if you love xiao long bao as good ones are now available everywhere. sucks if your ah lau hooked up with someone young enough to be his daughter. so when some homemakers complain about chinese chicks breaking up their families, it is not because they are prejudicial. if we have as many viet chinese among us, fingers will be pointed at them as well.

simpleman

Being prejudice is quite normal.. nothing much to talk about. But what is the prejudice helping you and your ah lau? It does nothing. Unless you want to go learn the tricks of the xiao long nu.. then you may lack the youth or the beauty..

Or you vote in the opposition to dismantle PAP and their china-girls policy.. But as you can see, opposition almost silent on the foreign talent issue.. or probably when it is nearer to election time..

miloice

sm,

Looking at the age, she is still as naive as a teenager. It does reflect a lot. There are occupations that allows one to remain pretty sheltered from the real world. This doesn't mean all housewives are sheltered and not relevant to the current market at all. Its 2 different things. Get my meaning?

Something to clarify on too. Jobs not taken by Singaporeans are not even simply blue collar hard labor. We have lots of skilled labor as engineers in RnD field, something Singaporeans are unwilling to remain in.

Look at all your electrical appliances, computer, fridge, television, even those made in Japan, their suppliers could be probably also be from China. With the pricing pressure, everything is moving toward lower costs.

tomasulu,
Changes are inevitable. Let's realize that and learn to cope with it and not resent and hate the changes. All the bitching about the bitches does nothing about it. Get real. Guys needs to wise up and women stop being up-tight aunties with all these negativity towards PRCs. The supply is there precisely because of the demand. Struggles over monogramy and fidelity isn't something invented over the last 10-20 yrs. Be objective and look at the individuals involved. The couple and the 3rd party. Not loopsided focus on only the 3rd party and her nationality.

simpleman

Milo,

I don't normally like to use age nor occupation as a point of reference.. only when it is useful and relevant. In this instance, she has no arguments at all - immaterial if she is 16 or 42.

My daughter at 18 is much more matured than her thinking - so you should not just say teenager is naive - another sweeping statement. Tell that to a teenager, and they will think you old hag knows nothing.

It is not occupation or age that makes a person. It is her exposure and upbringing..

Mostly I would like discussions and arguments to go on its own merits unless it is critical to bring in occupation (due to very technical knowledge). Age-wise, the arguments itself will tell.. like we shouldn't think a 70 year old men is smarter and more exposed than us - similarly we should not think a 19 year old as naive - just on age alone.

miloice

sm, its does. We were all naive once. It is the experiences and exposure that allows us to grow and develope. A person growing through this many yrs of life and yet completely naive is a worrying point.

Just as how kids behave as kids, its no surprise. It doesn't mean kids cannot be more mature. But, its nothing worrying for them being kids. Not so for a mature adult thinking way younger than their age.

tomasulu

june just wanted to talk about the phenomenon before the pc folks came in with their pitch forks. just talking about it... still allowed around here right?

tomasulu

milo don't be a typical black-white singaporean brain washed by the state sanctioned media. we cannot do without foreign workers? you know that's very debatable right? e.g., most families in the western first-world countries don't have domestic help and they do just fine. (ok, now cue in the but-we-are-different counter argument.) even if we can agree on the need for foreign skilled/unskilled workers, to what extent should we rely on them? and how shall we deal with the problems that come with such an open door policy? the worry is the same, whether it is a homemaker fearing for her marriage or the policy maker denying the hiring of chinese domestic help.

miloice

What black white? There is a lot of grey. Its evitable. Do you think u can just solve the prob getting rid of PRCs? Wake up. social problem don't arise only with the opening of PRC. Casting such discrimination solves nothing. Tell me one thing that is beneficial with this kind of PRC bashing!

mark78

1276817.jpg

simpleman

milo,

Yes. We grow through the yeas.. Apparently she does not given her views? Worrying point for her?

But how does that change the argument. She is navie.. at 16 or at 43.. worrisome? a little late but she can still change and improve if she opens up.. that is how we have been telling her not to hold on to that view of hers..

How is her age of 43 even relevant? Except to say she is still naive at her age. Yes, she has a naive view and her age just prove that she is not exposed? and her occupation as housewife prove it even further. Yes, so? We already know from her views and arguments that she is naive in her think... her age & occupation just adds to it but nothing more.. So what is the point you are trying to make by referencing her age & occupation?

tomasulu

sigh like i said, you are a black and white kinda guy. who said anything about getting rid of the chinese among us?

miloice

And your view of foreign workers = domestic help. u make me laugh man. Wake up. More and more products and services that we use directly and indirectly are all out-sourced. There is no way you can be not part of it.

miloice

sm, the purpose to point out she has to stop living in her well. She is well sheltered for too long now.

tomasulu

milo, i don't know how to point this out to you delicately. but you have a problem with reading comprehension and it is rather pronounced.

mark78

LOL... foreign talent = domestic help. that a nice one Tomasulu. Many of the mmc subsidiary in SG have foreigners as their key mgt not domestic helper orh. Well my domestic helper is from indo though. in my current co, the FT to local ration should be around 30:70. or 40:60. well its almost impossible for my co to function without the foreign talent. they are the decision maker.

SG govt create a very friendly environment for FT to come to work and able to encourage more MMC to set up subsidiary and operate here.
without the influx of this mmc the unemployment rate will rise.

tomasulu

lets stick with skilled or unskilled. i don't like the word talent when it is associated with immigration policies. btw, you are the one going off tangent here, not me. we were talking about married ah laus hooking up with chinese females ya. not foreigners employed as managers in mncs. and i didn't imply that foreigners here work only as domestic help, you did. why can't you do reading comprehension, is it that hard or are you just obtuse?

vios

tomasulu,

you kpkb abt the different aspects of the immigration policy until the cows come home also no use. We all know that it exists for obvious reasons, and thus Adaptations are needed for different forms of globalization at different periods.

and yeah, u might have a point on the non-application of chinese domestic help. Even it tries to minimise the social problems that already exist, but so what? The fact still remains, some local guys still get cheated out of their money, through other means.

so what does it tells us? obviously, the cheated or soon-to-be-cheated guys have had to wisen up regardless of more stringent requirements for the application of foreign workers or not.

stop diverting to the individual level of Reading comprehension… you are not difficult to understand.

vios

sm, the reference to june's occupation does support milo's Personal thoughts on her mentality. it could play a bit part to one's Exposure, and i don't think he is grouping all home-makers in the same category....
because definitely, there are home-makers who are balanced, savvy as well as well-versed in general knowledge.

however milo, i won't go as far as saying that june is immature like a teenager (if i didn't get that wrong, somewhere in the posts).
for lack of life-experience and exposure, yes.. we can all concur.

miloice

vios...
"i won't go as far as saying that june is immature like a teenager (if i didn't get that wrong, somewhere in the posts)".

on 2nd thoughts... agreed, I probably gone far with that. And yes, I am not grouping all home-makers in the same category.

miloice

carrot,
"we cannot do without foreign workers? you know that's very debatable right? e.g., most families in the western first-world countries don't have domestic help and they do just fine."

tomasulu

so vios, your point is people should just meekly accept the situation and quietly adapt to the new reality? even if they are citizens of a democracy and have a say in their country's policies?

well ok final question, who died and made you...

vios

apart from invalidating the policies in the whiny manner, can u farking do anything else abt it?

do let me know if u still intend to throw your toys out of the pram, i'll leave you right where you are.

tomasulu

i wouldn't if i could. so what's your excuse? can you do anything about people whining? no? well then take your own advice and piss off. close the door behind you too, dumbass.

vios

tomasulu, u actually beat yourself up real hard with that very last post. coincidentally, i don't give a fark abt obnoxious ppl as well.

tomasulu

do you know the meaning of beating oneself up? i don't know what you were trying to say; i certainly feel no compunction calling you a dumbass. harsh but appropriate, you know?

or maybe you just like to throw meaningless idioms around.

vios

don't make me repeat, but i really don't give a fark abt what u think and how u feel.

it's plain obvious that u're just what u are in real-life. something like damaged wood.

vios

milo,

why not? though the main topic had already drifted, Mr Supercilious's still kissing his own arse all over the place.

happyfamily_999

June, I hate china woman too!! they are all bitches! all after money!!! and only stupid man and man with no self-esteem go after them! hahaha!! kill all china woman!!!