Advice on wedding planning!

miyabikkg

Hi I'm a 2018 BTB. My fiance and I are Singaporeans but are currently both working overseas in different countries... Being abroad, we're missing out all the bridal fairs, the opportunity to visit the physical shops and take our time deciding...TwT

I will be back in Singapore for good from February 2018, (he will still be overseas mostly due to the nature of his work) but we're planning to get married last quarter of 2018, so I'm worried we might not be able to arrange everything in time by then. However, we will be back in Singapore this coming August or October for 2 weeks, and we hope to sign up a package for our banquet and bridal salon by then.

We're looking into the below restaurants and bridal salons for now (based on online reviews and friends' recommendation.

Does any one have experience with these places? Would appreciate any advice/reviews/recommendations!

Restaurants
⇒ we are only looking at restaurants because we and our family are food lovers. And also to keep the cost down.
⇒ we are planning to have around 18-23 tables.
⇒ hoping to hold our solemnization at the restaurant before the banquet

・Peony Jade @ Keppel
・Bang Heng Pavillion @ Harbourfront
・Grand Shanghai
・Imperial Court @ Grassroot club

Bridal Service
⇒I'm trying to lose weight. Currently wear UK size 12/14.
⇒We will be doing our pre-wedding shot overseas, but hoping to find a salon that will provide everything (photographer etc) for AD and let us rent gowns for our overseas photoshoot.

・The Gown Warehouse
・Seletar Broadway
・Bridal Affairs
・BQueens
・Vivien Gown

We are also considering making suits for my fiance. Does anyone have any recommendation and experience on the cost?

Thank you!

Juneohzn

@miyabikkg,

Restaurant wise, I wouldn't recomment Bang Heng @ Harbourfront, just personal preference as I had a dinner with friends there couple of years ago and i didn't think that the food is fantastic. Not sure if the quality / taste of the food has improved over the years.

Bridal service wise, i think it's really about your personal preference and how comfortable you are with your coordinator's service. Would be good if you can visit them to see how comfortable you are with their packages.