Advice on Honeymoon - Hokkaido

mabelchia1511

Hi,

I need some advise on which agency is good for a Hokkaido trip in mid Dec. What is the temperature like and etc as i going on a package? Seldom travel so need help on it.

s__h

december is winter time so expect snows like temperature...

i recommand prime travel agency but their price is abit more costly but their quality and service is assured.

I went self drive thru them..car got GPS so is very diff from normal package tour

mabelchia1511

Thanks for the info. I was hopping to see snow during that time. Is it possible? If i go earlier will there be also?

Any recommendations to where can i buy cheap winter jackets for -0 degree, as seldom travel so no point getting too good ones.

s__h

snow in dec is normal but i must say that with global warming effect in place, like just few days ago, hokkaido reach 33 degree C when is should be 20+ type !

for winter jacket, "cold wear" shop or "winter...something" shop will be good enough

s__h

This is the pict of the novotel sapporo which i stayed

495103.jpg

mabelchia1511

wow.... thats a nice place to stay.... btw... if i go by tour group... what is the estimated price like. I heard some mountains will have snow even not in winter time is it true... bcos my main aim is to see snow
happy.gif

s__h

based on my observation on the tour packages advertised in the newspaper, 7D hokkaido is abt 2K exclude taxes...

most mountain will have snows as the temperature at that high is very cold so u usually can see snow even in summer but if is cloudy, then may not see it.

snoowy

hi mabel,
mind if you share your iternary with me.
I'm going there in dec, but still dunno how to plan.Wish to do free n easy but i dun understand japanese.
Thanks

puppylove888

anybody has the lastest snow festival event date for all places in hokkaido in 2008?
onli know sapporo snow festival is 5-11 feb 2008, which mean during our CNY festival
sad.gif

puppylove888

Mabel,
Dun worry lah I tink most backpacker also dun understand japanese.
Just book ticket/accommodation and go with ur open heart......

brides08

I planning to go end of the year as well. But don't know hws the weather & sight-seeig part.

Maybe we can form a group for departure on the same day & get discounts from the travel agency. Heheheheh......

stjt

me also thinking of going Japan..as a first timer which part of japan should i go?? cos tokyo and hokkaido packages is different..any adivce??

thanks

jonic

Hi gals,

I'm planning to go Hokkaido & Tokyo for HM in dec too. Going for a package tour cos lazy to do planning. Anyone going for package tour? Which agency is good?

ppiggypig

me also thinking of going hokkaido for HM in nov/dec 2. will be taking package tour, most likely with chan brothers, thot i hvnt check out anything yet

brides08

which agencies are u gals thinking og joining? nw it seems like the package for that period of time is not out when i surf the web.

wonder which agency provides better food & hotel

mabelchia1511

Hi all,

I think i will still stick to package tour. No need planning at all. The rates is not out yet, i think most likely in sept then will be out. I thought of going on the 12/12. Anyone going during that period.

jonic

Hi gals,

Heard that SA tours is not bad. Ya...think e rates for end of the yr tours are not out yet. We can share info when they are out.
I most probably will be going at the beginning of Dec.

sea_blue

I went on a Hokkaido tour with SA last year.
Pretty good experience. I normally hate to go with guided tours, but this one was really nice.

We had 2 guides for the entire trip. Both were really nice and helpful. Food wise also not bad. Got to eat Kobe beef
happy.gif
but of coz must pay lar...Only bad point, not enough time to do shopping...
sad.gif

Thinking of going again F&E for HM too.. but kinda lazy to do planning...

jonic

Hi S & H,
Ya...I understand it's winter time in Dec but my AD is in end of Nov so wish to go for HM right after my AD.

Hi sea blue,
Thanks for ur feedback!

hanabiwaiwai

hi... i went with SA last dec to hokkaido for honeymoon... quite good... but too bad we could not extend our trip to tokyo... tokyo can do F&E as it is easy to navigate around...

stjt

hi waiwai is there anything to see over at hokkaido during winter?? it's mine first time do u think i should go Tokyo and koyoto first??

and hokkaido another time?

hanabiwaiwai

hi stjt... hokkaido is mainly scenary... and enjoy the snow in winter... i've been to tokyo, kyoto and hokkaido... 3 places are very different, and i'd suggest go hokkaido for honeymoon...if u go kyoto, better go during april to see cherry blossom...

stjt

hi waiwai

want about tokyo for honeymoon this year end??

cos donno if hokkaido got any shopping anot

jonic

Hi stjt,
Are u planning to go hokkaido for honeymoon this yr end too?
Maybe u can go hokkaido n extend a few days at tokyo for shopping.

Hi wai wai,
Why u can't extend ur stay in tokyo? SA dun allow?

hanabiwaiwai

jonic... coz we plan the return day somewhere around xmas, a super peak period... so no more seat available for return flight as group tour will not be given priority by airline, so no choice but come back with the group

stjt... tat time join SA tour we got some time to shop at sapporo, but we ended up in 100 yen shop haha... if u prefer shopping then tokyo may be more suitable for u...

stjt

is it advisable to go during christmas this year end....will the shops there be close as they celebrate christmas and new year...

btw what's the exchange rate for Japan?

mabelchia1511

if i going with tour group, what should i look out or ask before booking it. never go with tour group before? does their price stated includes of airport tax?

hanabiwaiwai

hi... the package is about $2.5k per person including airport tax... then we spent $1k together... mainly on food and snow mobile..

the price stated by travel agencies does not include airport tax coz it keeps changing...

kerenelu

mabel,

i just booked with dynasty travel for their 7D hokkaido. It is 2088 + 333 (tax) = $2421. DBS cardholders discount $50 per pax. So if u are DBS cardholder, u will be paying only $2371.

This was during their inhouse fair over the past weekend. Price expected to rise at later stage, and at natas fair. I guess this applies to other agencies too.

Waiwai,

What is snow mobile?

Read ur previous msgs.. went to bata but couldn't see any boots leh
sad.gif

hanabiwaiwai

hi kk... snow mobile looks like this...
517615.jpg

i bought the boots quite some time ago... not sure if they are still selling now...

cczyan

Hi there people,

I would like to go Hokkaido and then Tokyo for honeymoon, anyone has done F&E? I would like to know whether I can do F&E for Hokkaido, cos I hear that Hokkaido needs tour. As for Tokyo, F&E should have no problems. Please advise. I can be contacted at [email protected]

hushbear

hi all, i've just booked my 7d 6n hokkaido trip at chan brothers, cost abt $2211 (from suntec fair). leaving on 14th nov, prob extend stay at tokyo. i heard from alot of frens that hokkaido is not an easy place to walk on your own unless you've been there b4, tokyo is still possible. any honeymooners wanna join?
happy.gif

s__h

hi hushy,
not true...
hokkaido is very easy to move abt...i drove there the very first time i went there...but had with lots of planning and research and help from a tour agency

michiko

Hi all! i also just booked Hokkaido tour with Chan brothers. Ard $2400(includes airport tax) per pax. 10 days in total, in which the last 2 days will be at Shanghai.
Going in Jan 08. Heard it will be very very cold. Anyone know what to bring other than winter wear? Shoes must wear special one? cos should be quite slippery since is winter.
Any idea where to buy all these stuffs?

s__h

Hi michiko,

plaza singapura and other shopping mall got "winter wear"?? and "cold wear" that sell winter stuff