Advice on Honeymoon - Hokkaido

thommy

junebride: sep will be better, u can see all the wonderful red tree leaves
happy.gif

kaijia: dec will be very cold in hokkaido as its winter period...u like to play with snow? I just came back from my HM there, it was the start of spring when I reached there but still very cold as a lot of snow haven't melted yet, will take months for them to fully melt. Temp hit 7 deg. on some days there.

pipikai

wow even now is so cold?i haven played with snow b4, dun mind either. haha but love to go there for food. but nt sure if any nice scenary due to winter. coz thinking to do right after my wedding.
thomas>> did u do F&e or package?

thommy

yes...esp when it rains, its even colder brrrrrrrrrrrr. one of the days when we were there, it rained...the cold wind blowing in ur face is like someone splashing ice water on u lol.

snow is practically ice...u wanna play have to wear gloves first. depends on what u wanna see...winter has got its charm too, sea of white all around haha. only thing it will be damn cold...the seafood there is very nice, fresh also...must try!

I signed up with chan bros, package tour. first time go hokkaido best to go package cos a lot of attractions really out of the way, main transport mode is by bus. if u dunno the way, may end up paying even more than package cos transport is not cheap there. Taxi fares are killer, a short distance trip say less than 5km will cost u abt S$20 liao.

cheer7

jus did DIY in hokkaido... its pretty easy to drive around and the drivers there are polite, they won't honk u n will follow behind u if overtaking is not allow... it's fun DIY... can try DIY if you have the time to plan...

juzme1010

Hi Cheer!

Is drive-it-yourself trip in Hokkaido difficult??

Cos we have never tried drive trips before. What's ur itinerary?? Care to share as a reference?
happy.gif
Thanks!

cheer7

juzme: no, it is not difficult.. i oso 1st time did self drive oversea n i rarely drive in s'pore.. e drivers there are polite.. speed limit 40 - 80km in the city n mountain area. highway will be slightly faster...

sure, pm me ur add n i will email u my itinerary.. we didn expect e traveling time to b long so pack quite a lot of places in e itinerary buy eventually skip some of e places..

dearie83

hi all,
i'll be going to hokkaido in dec for honeymoon. Anyone can share itinerary?
Also anyone stayed in daiichi takimotokan east room before? do the toilet have shower facilities? thanks

cheer7

dearie83: can pm me ur email add then i send u a copy of my itinerary... we did self-drive but winter will b quite hard to drive there...

i stay in daiichi, the room tt i hav do hav shower facilities...

cheer7

ya... e cream puff s sold at this shop call 'LeTao', their cheesecagke n chocolate (sold in boxes, dark blu packaging) oso very nice....

I just came back from Hokkaido too!! Love Hakodate alot!! It was a free and easy trip.. and we took like 3000 pictures... I don't know how to upload now! Haha... it's really a nice place for honeymoon~~~~ :D

Email: [email protected]

Hi peacee.. yea, cos i hate toured packages, so i will always prefer to go on free&easy holidays. :p

Hmmmm, i would say you need to do alot of homework!! but it's fun.. hehee.. this trip round, it was more of a touch and go trip, we went to Sapporo, Hakodate, Niseiko and Otaru..

straightwalker

I heard a couple who went Hokkaido recently for their honeymoon, when they came back and did a gynae check, they found radiation level a bit high and was advised to conceived only 2 years later. How true this is ?
Any advise or heard similiar stories ?