Advice needed for wedding prep! (bride no parents)

ringostar

Both my parents have passed away, and I have no siblings. Any brides in same situation able to share advice for gatecrash, solemnization, tea ceremony, and wedding banquet? Is Guo Da Li still necessary in such special case? For gatecrash, planning to hold at a hotel with just my bridesmaids and relatives (uncle, auntie). Any brides who have their relatives/ bridesmaids put the veil over them and send them off in bridal car? For the tea ceremony, the bride's side would just be my relatives as well. Any brides in same situation, appreciate so much if you could share your experience being married off (as an "orphan")!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Both my parents have passed away, and I have no siblings. Any brides in same situation able to share advice for gatecrash, solemnization, tea ceremony, and wedding banquet? Is Guo Da Li still necessary in such special case? For gatecrash, planning to hold at a hotel with just my bridesmaids and relatives (uncle, auntie). Any brides who have their relatives/ bridesmaids put the veil over them and send them off in bridal car? For the tea ceremony, the bride's side would just be my relatives as well. Any brides in same situation, appreciate so much if you could share your experience being married off (as an "orphan")!
We've asked the professionals at The Chinese Wedding Shop for their advice and this is what they've suggested:

If possible, invite a close auntie and uncle to take on the role as your parents for GDL and wedding day. Alternatively, being surrounded by bridesmaids and close friends are fine too. You can also choose to skip the GDL. Just get the necessary items required for bed-setting & wedding day + tea ceremony. Your close aunty & uncle can help you in your hair combing, bed-setting and cover the veil on the wedding day.

The Chinese Wedding shop also welcomes you to contact them by email or WhatsApp if you need any more advice.