Admiralty Blk 688-690

oceans

<font color="aa00aa">Angela</font>, Thks!
happy.gif
But spoken to May on 02/10/03. She came to my hse with the Main Contractor boss on 04/10/03. Called 10/10/03 as nothing was done and May mentioned that HDB give main contr to reply by 13/10/03.

Had to wait wait wait.... anyway, as now niece cut herself, HDB not going to pay for medical &amp; still ask me to wear shoe in my hse...
sad.gif
They get another contractor to see my hse again...
sad.gif
More tiles had been pop up already.... Problem now is I dun hv much leave left.... Sigh...

<font color="ff6000">Happysheltie</font>, dun worry abt Happy now as <font color="0077aa">Val</font> confirmed it being a good dog!
happy.gif
Kekee...
biggrin.gif

angela_lim

Hi Ocean

I think last alternative is to tell them if they still drag on, you will go directly to HDB HQ at Toa Payoh to complaint.

That's what my hubby did when they keep on dragging when only asked to change a few tiles only. Upon hearing that, they came down quietly in the afternoon to change

vin

Hi Oceans,
if all else fails, call the newspaper or the TV crew to come down &amp; film. Then complain on the spot abt HDB &amp; their contractors. This one sure works, but u need a lot of courage loh..

oceans

<font color="0077aa">Toobi</font>, I not that optimistic lah.... I only try to be happy....
34044.gif

Thks <font color="aa00aa">Vincent</font>, <font color="ff6000">Angela</font> for your concerns!
happy.gif

Now after last nite the new HDB contractor &amp; May came to view the flat... i got more problems. They say they will start work this thu.

However, the build-in tv console, i still have to move it away. Then, the platform, they will cut the base and base and see how. But rebuild of the damages, i will have to pay for it.

Next big problem is that once they start work, the vibration might caused other tiles near the bomb shelter and dinning room to pop up. Well, can say the whotel living room might pop up. This will lead to:-
<font color="0000ff">1) Build-in Bomb shelther c/w shoe rack to fall due to vibration
2) Build-in L-shape sofa at the dinning area to collapse too.</font>
Damages to all these will not be paid by HDB, but by ME, the owner!
sad.gif
Chances of all these to collapse is 50%!

valencia

Oh my god! Poor ocean... HDB are so irresponsible! Sigh... now I hope my floor will not have any problem cos I overlay with timber strips. Once the tiles pop up my timber flooring sure gone one... Hai~Hai~Hai~~~~~~

toobi

I've also got crack lines on my tiles.. 3 crack line and some running across 2 tiles..HAHA

But Ocean, yrs really bad.. Sorry to hear that and hope it can be resolve soon.. Stay HAPPY!!!

oceans

<font color="0000ff">HDB said they only do those exposed areas where the tiles pop. Those non-exposed and non-accessible area, unless we cleared those Build-in features, if not, HDB will not do.</font> <font color="ff0000">Unless we move it away.</font>

Like I stated, if they did my Living Room and resulted in other tiles pop, and if it is under my Conceal Bomb shelther and L-shape bench (not sofa
lame.gif
), HDB will not touch that area unless we removed them.

HDB only do the tiles!
uhoh.gif

Hopefully, the rest of u wun hv such problem. Last nite went back, the tiles pop up even more.
sad.gif
See if I can upload the pic.....

Really depressed!!
sad.gif
Any advise???
uhoh.gif

oceans

Ok! Done! Only manage when I smaller the size. Still look quite big.

Anyway, the whole area that you see frm the pics are all hollow. Now the tiles pop up more and I can even jus take one pcs of tiles up.

On the left-hand side will be my TV console and right behind the carpet (the one in <font color="0000ff">blue</font> &amp; <font color="ff0000">red</font>), is the platform.

toobi

Oh my god, Ocean, it looks really bad.. Really IRRESPONSIBLE for HDB to give us all these and expect us to be partially responsible for it!

The way they squeeze the profit margin of those contractor, the one who suffers are us HDB buyers!!

To think one of their motto(if i remember correctly) ... build quality flats.." Quality my FOOT!

law

wow!!! so serious....
i lived in 687B, also got some uneven tiles, but neber expect yours can be so bad. think u shld complain to them, die die wan them to compensate. else go and feed back to MP.
ya, i think HDB is bloodsucker nowadays....
angry.gif

happysheltie

Ocean,

OMG! you better take more pictures and keep it for prove in case. goodness, how did they pop out like that! it's so dangerous! think you guys not stay in yet. what happen if you hv children at home and get hurt? better kick a big fuss about it.

valencia

My goodness... never thought it is so bad. Lucky you have not moved in, if not everyday see sure very 'gei sim' one...

Toobi, I totally agree with you... which ever ways, we are always at the loosing ends. COme to think of it, the house doesn't even belong to us, we are only 'renting' it for 99 yrs.

toobi

Yeah Val, somemore based on my flat calculation, for the 30 yrs loan that we have taken, we would have paid $33K in interest to HDB for that loan and this is the kind of quality we get!!!

Somemore only 1 years warranty for something we would "therotically" stay for 99 years.. A cars with a 10 years life span would have 3 years warranty.. if this comparison is anything to go by!!

Ocean, denise is right.. take more and keep as evidence! u sure got case one..

Vincent, where have u disappear??? COME BACK!!

oceans

Thanks <font color="0000ff">law</font>, <font color="119911">Toobi</font>, <font color="ff6000">Happysheltie</font>, <font color="aa00aa">Val</font> and <font color="ff0000">All</font> for your concerns!
happy.gif
It does help to have someone to share your problems!
lame.gif

Ok, this is the current photo which show the overview of the hse taken sometimes this week. Already move all the things that can be moved!
34352.jpg

oceans

Another closer look at the tiles... from another angle.
sad.gif
You can jus use your hand to pick one or two tiles up! No need machine..
34354.gif

34355.jpg

Anyway, meeting HDB again this Monday!
sad.gif

vin

Hi toobi,
I'm always lurking around..

Ocean,
best of luck for monday. persist in ur stands when dealing with those hdb.
need help lemme know, will do wat I can.

josie

Hey ,

Mind i join in
happy.gif
me do not stay in 688 or any blocks around !! Me going to move in to 615 at ave 4 ....but seem like this thead is very active n interesting :p

And there are may dog lovers here too !!
Me have a cockle spaniel !

Hear from all again !Thank

angela_lim

Hi Ocean

How's everything?
Have they start to replace those tiles?

Just remember, my neighbour's case. They dont have enough tiles to replace those popped out tiles, in the end she had to provide few tiles herself (lucky my friends had a few spare tiles to give her). So remember to remind them to bring more tiles. Plus, you must monitor those workers, cos i understand my neighbour that they came around 9plus, after put the things down, disappear to take this take that, then din do much, went for lunch around 1pm, think almost 3pm then came back, then do some work, left b4 5pm. She said the moment she keep her eyes off the worker, he will disappear also...

oceans

Hi Everybody!!
biggrin.gif
Glad to see you gals and guys back!
happy.gif

HDB will be doing my tiles on this Wed, which is tml. They will cut first and "test water". See if the neighbouring tiles will pop or not!
sad.gif

According to Contractor, it will takes abt <font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">7 working days</font></font> to replace the tiles. They came on Saturday instd of Mon. Total 8 persons from HDB, my hse machan exhibition hall like tat.

Finally, they agreed to help to remove my Build-in TV console and then fix it back. Hopefully the tiles will not spread to my Conceal bomb shelter.
uhoh.gif

My neighbour on the same floor also got tiles pop up!
uhoh.gif
Sigh...
sad.gif

angela_lim

Hi Val

We went for the photoshoot on Sunday...one whole day for indoor &amp; outdoor...so tiring man!!!
Just kpo lah...where did u go for your PS?

Hi Ocean
At least they sent 8pax down, my neighbour oni got 2 miserable man - 1 indian guy (think not local) &amp; 1 China man, 1 chicken &amp; 1 duck, communication problem man...

Hope they can settle ur problem asap.
Does these 7 working days include sat &amp; sun?

Hi Toobi
It reminds me that PS oso stands for Plaza Singapura...hehehe...

valencia

Hi Angela, we went to lebredor park (think spell wrongly :p) and somewhere near fullerton. keke... even though it's only 10 mths ago, but memeories of it very vague already.
happy.gif

oceans

Yap <font color="119911">Angela</font>, 8 people!
talker.gif
But that's because my house is after renovation and area is very big..... And, it's seemed that the whole house tiles had to be changed!
sad.gif
Estimated working day is now <font color="ff0000">12 days</font>!

Below is pic of the work....
35052.gif

35053.jpg

Yap, <font color="0077aa">Vincent</font>, at least now, HDB is quite nice now as they try to accomodate and assist. not like previously, just told me I had to remove Build-in feature myself! Tomorrow need to meet up with May's supervisor again!
35054.gif

Oh, my PS is next Fri! Me will try to be happy.
biggrin.gif

angela_lim

Hi Ocean

Just a gentle reminder...remind them to bring more tiles hor, in case not enough, then they got to drag on another working day...

Ai...its really very disheartening to see our FIRST HAND NEW HOUSE with some many problems...Premium flat, i think worst than the standard flat!!!

Hmmm...just checking, i know our gang have Paris brides...any one choose Hongkong Broadway for their PS?

vin

hmhmhhm...nobody?

my neighbour opp my unit started renovation liao..think Val cannot sleep in peace during morning liao..heheh.

happysheltie

KNOCK KNOCK!!! anyone there???? hahaha.... don't say I never post ah.....TOOBI!!!!

Vincent, I know cos last 2 days I was at home heard a lot of noise. they oso create a lot kink kink kong kong, Happy bark non-stop when he heard the noise.

valencia

Ya lor... early morning only start drilling... actually they are not doing the renovation. HDB is replacing the floor tiles cos they complain it's hollow. Lucky today no drilling, can sleep in peace! keke... almost wanted to pack bag and go back to 'niang jia' hehe... ALan went up to check and the the guy told him HDB need to replace tiles for almost 90 units around this estate...

angeline_poh

Halooooooooooooooo everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

It's me ANGELINE!!!!! Hope u guys din forget me hor!!!!

How's everyone??? Little Denise gonna "pop out" from mummy tummy soon!!! Yipee!!!
happy.gif

Must keep us inform when she pops out!!

Toobi, how's ur childcare centre?? Denise gonna be ur first customer, must give her some 1st class membership ah!!!

Vincent, how's ur two kids??

Val, use cotton wool to "sai" ur ears lor or on ur radio loud loud &amp; fight with them lah
happy.gif
hehe

guys, do take care, im pretty busy with my work, might not have so much time to reply but i do log in to read occassionally, so i DID NOT forget u all!!!
happy.gif

Stay happy :ppp

vin

Angeline,
why u so busy suddenly? My kids are fine..hehe.

hi Angela,
I supposed u still need to book the pit, since u will be occupying the whole area.

Watch tonite Channel U 10.30pm - they're talking abt our area. This info from happysheltie.

I sian 1/2, tonite got wedding dinner, had to miss this show. urgh.

angeline_poh

Vincent,

Work lah, make me so busy!!!!
sad.gif
sad.gif
Worklaod keep increasing!!! Sometimes feel like changing job but econ so bad leh!!

glad to hear tt, ur son hyper active ah!!
happy.gif

Aiya, i missed tt show too, went out shopping!!
sad.gif

oceans

Hi Vincent, thks for informing me. I watch tat show. It is abt crack line on the wall that leads to water seep into the hse during raining. And the owner had been complaining for quite sometimes and seemed like not much things was done. Done before and yet the crack still not fully sealed up.....

But now, after complaining to Media, HDB react very fast lor!! Hmmm... nothing abt tiles.

angela_lim

Hi Ocean

I saw that show too...a pity din think of this method for your case...else wont be kenan drag. So how's the progress?

Hi Vincent
Tks! Do you know what number should i dial to reserve the pit?

valencia

My timber strips flooring start to give way at the joining liao... knock on it and realise that its becos the tiles below are hollow... hai... Don't know what to say anymore... Just hope that it will not pop up.

Hi Angela, I don't think they allow phone reservation. Gotta go down personally with IC to book the pit.

happysheltie

TV program never good even in the day. sigh.... I think I will die of boredom at home during my confinement. anyone want to lend me VCD to keep me occupied for 3 mths?

valencia

Wow... 3 mths of maternity leave... so nice... keke... you won't die of boredom one. Little Denise will be occupying most of your time.
happy.gif

fairladys

Hi everyone!!!
long time no post, no talk, no see...... how u ppls?

Denise,
how are u n little denise hah, when is little denise coming out to see us?? i got quite alot of vcd, if u want can pass to u cos once i finish the show i don't watch it anymore.