Admiralty Blk 688-690

dap

Halo Justin

think you might not need to worry about the scratch as it might be ok after some polishing which the construction firm will do before handling over. But you still have to check to make sure.

Also remember to check your 2 toilets by wetting the floor and see if the water flows into the drain cos my friend didn't check hers and only found out 2 months later. Got some argument with HDB before they agreed to amend. Was told suppose to report any problem within 7 days you have gotten your key.

Hi Mushroom
I'm happy too that rectification will be made but still worry about the kitchen pipe. scared in long term might give way and wet the whole kitchen.

mushroom

Hi Justin,

Thks for ur info. So relieved to hear that ! It will be so much more convenient! hopefully they will work faster and get the road up. Best if there are bus svc going thru that road ! Now i have to walk to the MRT stn but onces that road is done, i can just take a bus from the busstop along the main road. How nice !
How long do you think they will take ?

Yup have gotten my flat last yr end and renovated just ended recently.
happy.gif
my contractor is one of those that Dap recommended.

Don't worry, when u get ur key and there's still scratches, ask HDB to amend it. they have to.

Dap, don't worry. HDB stuff quite solid one, they will last u a lifetime.
happy.gif

novbride

halooo...

I'm back from my long holiday!
happy.gif
really miss this forum :p

hi Angeline,

I'm thinking of squeezing a walkin wardrobe into my master bedroom too
happy.gif
plan my other 2 rooms for mother-in-law and my future kids
happy.gif

hi Tulips, Angeline & Justin,

so happy for you guys! got loan appn form from hdb liao...think left only dap and me...think we still got to wait for quite sometime...

dunno if i've mention this before...i went to my flat, tried my shelter door, it's quite okay leh...tried another door in another unit also quite okay leh...din really need to slam hard loh...

dap

Hi Novbride

welcome back!! coincidently I was thinking of asking how come have not heard from you for so long! Now left both of us to wait for our keys. At least I've got some company.

I tried the shelter door at my unit and a few others on the same floor, they can't seem to close (always slide open no matter how hard I tried to shut them). Think contractor might correct it before hand over.

Novbride, if you have walk-in wardrobe in master bedroom, how do you intend to place your bed? I'm wondering if I should face the toilet or the window.

novbride

hi dap...ya lor...left you and me oni
happy.gif

my MBR is abt 3.5m by 6m, since it's quite long, i'm thinking of using 1/3 for the wardrobe. My bed will probably be facing the toilet...but my hubby dun really like the idea, he prefer the bed facing the window loh.. actually i like it too but then there'll not be enough space to fit in 2 bedside tables loh...if put only 1 bedside table also quite funny rite? aiyah...think we'll probably seek help from the interior designers, see if they got better ideas
happy.gif

angeline

hi Justin,

U sure all the doors & gates are being locked up? If yes, we gonna get our keys soon once our loan application is approved. Cheers
happy.gif

hi mushroom,

Can i noe which block are u staying at?

hi dap,

Its good to see many markings in your flat, this show the inspectors have check your flat throughly!

hi Novbride,

wow, come back from long holiday ah. Tink Dap & u gonna get your loan application form soon.

dap

Hi NovBride

I'm not so keen in facing the toilet too. There's ever a designer who drew out the proposal, she only places one side table next to the bed facing the window. the other side of the bed is beside the wall. She suggest raised platform too.

Hi Angeline and Mushroom
feels better. I dun think I will get my form cos it's not even done yet. But hoping in March.

Hi all
really have a headache in the living and dining room layout. not enuf space to place the dining table, even if it's a small one.

justin

Hi Angeline,
I did not try all doors and gates in our block, but at least those on the 12th and 4th floors are all locked up.
happy.gif

Hi Dap,
Fully agree with you on the living and dining room headache. Really at a loss on how and where and what to put for dining table...

angeline

hi Justin,

its okie! Since some of the doors are being locked up, guess we must be collecting our keys soon.
happy.gif

Whenever think of the living & dinning room, makes my blood boils! So small & so odd shape! My friends suggested me to buy a foldable table (like kopitiam one) UGLY, rite?

dap

Hi Angeline

yup very ugly. someone also suggest to me dun need to get a dining table since it's just two of us. just get s mall foldable one and put in the kitchen. yucks.

once you get your key and met up with contractor, must update me about whether can we hack the wall at the kitchen. very interested to know.

angeline

hi Dap,

Ya lor, really cant stand the sight of the small foldable table!

okie, no problem. i will let u know whether can hack the wall at the kitchen. Hopefully it can be hack, at least the dinning hall looks bigger, can accomodate a proper dinning table.

Tuplis & Justin,

If u happen to collect keys earlier than me, do keep us update on the kitchen wall too! Everyone is interested to find out.

tulips

hi angeline & dap

i think that kitchen wall can be hack off. only those walls are that drawn with a thick black line, are the ones which can't be hacked off.
happy.gif

justin

Hi all,

I agree with Tulips that only those shown as black column in the floor plan can't be hacked. Now also in a dilema whether want to hack that wall, coz though that will make the dining room bigger, it will then in turn make the already tiny kitchen even smaller. Guess you can never have the best of both worlds...

Anyone of you guys had already decided on the kitchen appliances to purchase?(eg. fridge, oven etc.) I guess we need to have the measurements of these items ready for the contractor to do up the kitchen cabinets rite? Any brands to recommend or to avoid?

angeline

Tupis & Justin,

U sure??? It would be great if i could hack down that wall. True that once the wall is being hacked, the kitchen will be even smaller! I dont really mind if my kitchen is smaller coz when doing cooking, there wont be alot of people in the kitchen but when dinning, i hope everyone can sit together to eat. It got to depend on what u really want lor.

As for kitchen appliances, i have yet to start buying, so cannot recommend u much. But recently, LG brand seems popular & its quite cheap too, can consider lor.

dap

Hello

I went to my flat yesterday again. remember I told you about those markings by the inspector about the flaws? I was shocked to see yesterday that these markings have been erased by the flaws are not corrected. Obviously the contractor are ignoring the problems hoping that we will not find out. I'm angry. How?

I have received my loan application form too!!! felt happy but not sure when I will get my keys cos my flat is not ready yet. I was told to submit my form by 1 Feb 02. Is that the deadline for you too? By the way, how many years of loan did you take? 10, 20 or 30 years? need advice.

novbride

oh! Dap, you got the form liao?!! I haven't rcv anything leh..
sad.gif

Dap, u better mark down the flaws that u saw last time, then when u get the keys, make sure the HDB contractor amend them.

I'll most probably take 30 years loan so that my hubby's CPF or our CPF can cover the mthly loan
happy.gif

angeline

hi Dap,

I agreed with Novbride, u better mark down all the flaws which u have seen last time & double check again once u collect your keys. If u found anything defects, report to HDB immediately!

So HAPPY to hear u have received your form too!
happy.gif

My submission date was 22 Jan 02 coz i recevied earlier thab u mah.

Novbride,

Not to worry u will receive yours soon too.
happy.gif

That time among Tuplis, Justin & me, im the last to receive the form too, so wait patiently for another few days.

icemilo

Hi dap,

I'm also getting my flat soon.. but my flat is in Punggol 21. Now that you've mentioned that the HDB pple has in fact made some markings in your unit... Erm.. how did you find out..since you've not collect your keys yet??

Cheerz

dap

Hello Novbride

dun worry okie, think they are sending by batches. am sure you will receive soon. thanks for the reminder. I think I have already remembered the flaws by hard. hee... will definitely check many many times when I get my key.

Hi icemilo
the construction site is not blocked. so I can just walk up to my unit. Every week i'm there (hee...a bit KS but can't help). noticed this few weeks the work progress is especially faster. think the contractor has deployed more workers to work on our site since they have handover a few blocks.

dap

Hi

anyone been to the showflat at Jurong West? I went there last sat quite like the 5 room flat's living room. It is featured in yesterday's ST. Went to punggol showflat yesterday too. not bad. got a few ideas from both showflats. you can also view from hdb website.

icemilo

Hi Dap,

icicic... hehe.. no wonder you are able to tell where the flaws of your units are... cos it's a brand new unit (erm.. meaning.. no one staying there yet)... whereas.. my block huh... already got pple staying in.. there's y.. it's locked...

You must be very "Xi Xin"... unlike me.. blur blur and "cock eye"... dun think will able to tell where the flaws are... hehe..

Me planning to go Jurong West showflat... yup... agreed with you that the Punggol 21 showflat is pretty well done.

justin

Hi all,

After I have sent in our payslips and loan app. forms, I received two more letters from HDB.

One just telling me they acknowledged the receipt of the payslips, the other telling me the loan is approved in-principal two days later... made me happy for nothing, twice somemore.. thought they're the letter for keys collection...

Anyway, the next letter from them should be THE one. At least that's what they claimed in the second letter... I can almost feel the keys in my hands now...
happy.gif

novbride

hey dap!

I was also planning to go to the Jurong West showflat...actually wanna go yesterday but my lazy hubby had postphoned it till this coming Sun. The 5-rm living rm very long rite, very unique loh... I like the 4-rm interior design, saw it at the hdb website. Btw, did they specify the company who design the showflats?

novbride

haha Justin :D

I can understand how eager u are...aiyah...HDB always make us kan chiong wan...feel excited for all of you man...
happy.gif

angeline

hi all,

My hubby just called up HDB to check when we will be collecting our keys but the Officer said that our contractors have not given them our keys yet!
sad.gif
Guess we still have to wait lor.

Justin,

i have oso received acknowlegement from HDB too.
sama sama, same feeling as u, so excited!

dap

Halo Justin

your description on how excited you are is very dramatic but I seem to follow the "plot". hee.

Hi Icemilo
me not "Xi Xin" la, just too Kan cheong already. any way I also didn't noticed until the inspector did the marking. have you gotten your key?

Hi Nov bride
think the JW 4 room show flat is designed by Melandas. can't remember the 5 room one.

tulips

hi dap

i also went to view the jurong west showflat on sat! what time were u there? maybe we could be there at the same time but we don't know each other!!
proud.gif

i find that the kitchen for the 4-room showflat is slightly smaller than ours. but i like the main door. i find that its much nicer than ours.

dap

Hi Tulips

I was there about 5pm. same time?

yup agree the main door looks chic. Ours look very "tradition".

Have anyone started looking out for contractors? if you have more to add to list, pls let us know. By the way one of the contractors I've listed above, Daniel from Lian Yee, has some negative comments in one of the thread in SB. I have since dropped him off my list.

Saw from the ST article today that hdbay has some list of contractors and they help the homeowner to monitor the works of these contractors. might want to check their website for more details.

tulips

hi dap

oh.. so we were there at different timing. i was there around 12+pm.

we have started to source for designers/contractors this week. last weekend, we went to the home exhibitions (@ s'pore expo) and was persuaded by 1 of the designer to listen to their renovation package. the quotes the designer proposed seems quite reasonable. but i've yet to request quotation from other designers, so i can't make a comparsion.

ya.. read alot of negative comments abt Lian Yee. i had wanted to go to him initially, but i think i will also drop him off from my list. we intend to visit Samlo Interior designer and 1 more designer (forgot the name of the co.) who invited us to visit the showflat when we were there to view our new home. their workmanship seems pretty good.
happy.gif

dap

Hi Tulips

be careful not to sign any contract when you visit any trade fair as we tend to be pressurised or tempted by their free gifts and forget about all the hidden clause. I'm one victim so dun want you to fall for it. always ask to go home and think about it. especially at fair you will tend to get those few design companies participating so if they say you will miss the offer, dun worry the next fair will have the same. Be careful of Unique Design.

I met up with Impress21 and saw their workmanship not bad as their laminate can't see the joining part as they have sealed it well with another trimming. also Henry seems approachable. Will consider. by the way Mushroom also uses him.

meimei

hi everyone...me oso neighbour of you gals/guys!! I m staying at blk 687 series...

hi dap!!

dun mind me come in here & kaypoh....hehee...
Henry mentioned about you yesterday...ask me whether have you decide on which contractor to use!! I told him u still ve not collect your keys!! heehee....oso ask him to wait patiently!!

Finally, my reno gaotim liao! so, yesterday we paid henry the last payment!!kekek..yah...agree with you he's very approachable!!! pls consider him!! kekeke...i am a happie customer of Henry!!

dap

Halo Meimei

Kapo Kapo here ah..... haha...
aiyo this Henry very Kan cheong. He himself ask me to contact him after CNY.

did henry amend the wrong opening in your master bedroom?

sensen

Hi mushroom n meimei ,

Glad to hear that u gals r happy customers of impress21. I've been surfing the forum for more than a week but can't decide to approach any contractor yet because most contractors have bad remarks leh.
So far I remember I have read impress21 tread somewhere in this forum but couldn't find it again.If I,m not wrong ,it has good remarks.

Sorry ,I'm quite new to here.

May I have impress21(henry ,boss?) contact numbers? n how to go to impress21 forum? Appreciate if u gals could help me on this. Thank....u.Sorry to trespass to admiralty territory hehehe..

justin

Hi everybody,

Good news! I'll be collecting my keys on 8th February. Don't worry if you've not receive your letter yet, coz me haven't too!
happy.gif

Just got to know the date through HDB Homelink. For the benefit of those who don't know, here's the number and process:

1800-2730013 -> 01 -> 40 -> 43 -> [NRIC] -> 1 -> 1 -> [Registration No.] -> 1

Cheers!!!

angeline

hi Justin,

THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT INFO!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I so kan cheong, after reading your posting, i immediately called up HDB, i will be collecting my keys on 08 Feb 2002 too! so happy & excited
happy.gif

Tuplis, Dap, Novbride

u guys beter called the homelink & check, Justin so good to tell us!
happy.gif

Btw, i have confirm my wedding date liao, its on 19 Nov 2002 ( Tuesday ) this date is being calculated by a shifu & i must leave my house by 6.30AM. From now on, gonna be bery buzi liao
happy.gif

novbride

Wow!! so many good news!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Congrats to you! angeline... You wedding is exactly 1 mth after mine
happy.gif
So have u started looking for a hotel/restaurant liao? Be quick!

Justin, you're so resourceful! Thks so much for the info!
happy.gif
I'm so excited even though i din rcv my loan form yet..heehee...but aiyah...dun have my Reg. No now..cannot check immediately...so anxious now...

hey Dap n Tulips,

update us when u've checked hor...so exciting!!!

justin

Hi novbride & Angeline,

So your weddings are one month apart from each other... Mine is on th 10th of Nov, between yours...
happy.gif

Anyway, I'll be holding mine at Otani. Any comments on that hotel, other than that it's abit old, which I noticed too...
happy.gif

Well novbride, if you've yet to receive the loan app form, I think what you'll hear from HDB Homelink is "Keys to your new flat are not available."

Angeline, what time is your appointment? Mine is at 4.20pm.

Dap & Tulips, good luck!

novbride

hi Justin,

Good choice! I've attended my sis-in-law wedding in Otani. I like it! Particularly like their suite cos it's big and got Jacuzzi!!!
happy.gif
The food, service, ambience all good!

aiyah..then think i dun need to check liao...think i belong to the second batch..have to wait for another 2 mths..maybe...

Cheers!

angeline

hi Novbride,

thanks
happy.gif
so your wedding is only one month before me. Aiya due to budget wise, i will book with Miramar Hotel - Orient Ocean restaurant (same management as Dragon Gate & Rivercity Restaurant) which cost $538 per table ( weekday )
It does not come with free flow of beer so i have to pay additional lor.
Where is your dinner held at?

Justin,

So we are in the same month ah!
happy.gif

Aiyo i tink Miramar Hotel even more older than Otani ah, so u dun have to worry too much. How much is yours per table? I did ask for Otani package but my FIL dun like the menu so i have to give up lor. Overall quite a good deal, Your menu comes with 8 or 9 dishes? mine is 9 cantonese dinner.

Jus, i dun tink we will collect our keys on 08 Feb coz till now we haven receive our letter yet! Our date is next Friday, will HDB be able to mail to us before our appointment date?
My appointment is at 3.20pm leh, one houe ahead of you
happy.gif

Btw, i going down on this Sat to confirm my banquet liao, anything important i need to take note? Kindly pls share with me, okie?

Thanks in advance
happy.gif

Dap & Tuplis,

Good luck too & update us a.s.a.p.

meimei

hi sensen!!

Sorrie for the late reply!! heehee...

you can find Impress21 thread under "How's Impress21???" and "Renovation - Impress21"!!!

As for the contact no. of Henry....you can call his mobile no. @ 9831-6066.

i am indeed a happy customer of Henry!! I think if you ask him to bring you to see some flats...he sure bring you to mine or mushroom place!! heehee...might be able to meet you one day!!!

Where's your love nest???

dap

Hi everyone I just got back from a 2 day seminar. didn't read the mail till today. Actually throughout these two days I have a feeling that Justin will have some update. And yes! so good news!!! Finally Justin, Angeline and Tulips will get key soon. So happy for you. remember to get a good date before you open your door for 1st time. also check out other threads on the custom when open door. Must bring in good luck.

I just called HDB hotline, I received the msg "Keys to your new flat are not available". so guess need to check again after CNY. Now busy with ROM. very excited cos after CNY.

I presume this thread will soon be very busy one cos you'll must update us on all your reno okie;p me very excited for you.

congrats to Justin and Angeline who finally pick their wedding dates!

Hi Justin
Otani has great food. At first FH wanted but I have always like Marina Mandarin. so we went for that instead.

Hi Angeline
for the same price as Miramar, you can try Tung Luk Club Chinos at Orchard Parade Hotel. Good atmosphere cos it's ballroom but can only take 30 tables. Not sure about Miramar so can't help you.

Meanwhile me and Novbride has to wait.

angeline

hi Dap,

Your six sense bery accurate!!!
tink you can collect your keys soon too
happy.gif

Wow, going to ROM liao, gonna be bery excited...
when & what time is your ROM? After ROM, go where makan?

Thanks! i wanted to booked with club chinos but they cant accomodate all my tables coz i need at least 35 tables and more
sad.gif
I wanted Tunglok Seafood Arena but it too far away liao ( Jurong )
so i tink i will settle on Miramar lor.

novbride

hi angeline,

frankly, i think for weekday $538 per table for a restaurant is quite ex. try to ask for more perks if you're getting alot of tables..hmm..do take note of the number of tables served by per staff..

My wedding venue is at Copthorne Harbour View.

justin

Hi Angeline,

Don't you worry about the letter. The postal system in Singapore is very effective..
happy.gif
I bet we'll get the letter latest by Saturday. Who knows we'll find the HDB letter peeking out from the letterbox tonight!
happy.gif

I chose the cheapest menu...no money, mine is on Sunday, so the cheapest menu is S$578+++, 8 course only and w/o abalone. Free flow beer though, so guess no need to have any worries on how much more I'll have to spend on that.

Hi Dap,
Don't think you need to wait till after CNY lah. Actually two days ago, I was still getting the "Keys... not available" msg. Yesterday morning, I got a new msg saying "Your appointment to collect keys had not been scheduled." I sense that something is going on then....
happy.gif
Then yesterday night, I tried again and was quite taken by surprise when I heard the good news. Pleasant surprise though.
happy.gif

So my advise to you.. keep trying! If I'm not wrong, you'll get your good news soon. Very soon I should say.

As for renovation, I think I'll hold back on that first. Don't feel like start servicing reno loan so soon. Save the cash for wedding and furnishings first.. hehe.. After some calculations, seems that we're quite short of cash... headache...

Anyway, good luck to everyone!

tulips

hi justin, dap, novbride & angeline

sorry, i've not been loggin in these few days. when i saw justin's message, i was so excited!! yup! i've made that call and so happy to tell u all that i'll also be collecting my keys on 8 feb!!
rofl.gif

i'm sooooo happy!!!!
biggrin.gif

justin

Hi Tulips,

Congrats to you! hehe...
happy.gif
So what time is your appointment? Mine is at 4.20pm, Angeline's at 3.20pm.

novbride

hello Tulips!

Congrats!!! I'm so excited and happy for all of you!!!
happy.gif
u guys may actually bump into each other during key collection ya?