Admiralty Blk 688-690

dap

Am wondering if anyone has bought a unit at Admiralty Blk 688-690. I have bought one at 689B and has gone to take a look last sunday. Think for Blk 690 will be handing over to HDB liao.

tulips

hi dap

i've bought a unit at admiralty blk 690. i had selected this flat last year end.
happy.gif

when did u select your flat? i heard that neighbouring blocks have received letter that their keys are ready for collection soon. that block's ECD is also the same as mine - Dec 2002. its almost a year earlier! i sure hope mine will come soon too! can't wait to renovate my 'love nest'.
proud.gif

why do u think that blk 690 will be handed to hdb soon?
happy.gif

dap

Hi Tulips

great to hear from someone who is in the same neighbourhood. I selected my flat this May 01. Then only blocks left for selection is Blk 689B-C for 4 room. I chose a four room.

Think you should be receiving letter soon cos I heard from contractor HDB will give out the keys by batches within 4 months. Yours is Blk 690 what is the alpha? I went down to 690 and the whole place is cleaned up and windows and doors are locked. surrounding has plants too so should be more than ready.

My blk not ready yet. went up to take a look and the whole place is still very messy and bedroom and toilet doors not fixed. so expecting maybe Feb-Mar 02.

Me also very excited now. think will go down and visit very often.

tulips

hi dap

mine is also a 4-room. what i like abt these premium blocks is that not only the living room has got full glass windows, so is the master bedroom.
proud.gif

however, the whole house looks so tiny. so little space.. i doubt i can have a walk-in wardrobe in my master bedroom.
sad.gif

which block did u chose? mine is F. u sure they will be giving out the keys within 4 months? thats great!! how did u get to meet the contractor for hdb? they were there when u were viewing the flats?

we had also been there to see our flat last weekend (sat). the door to my unit is not locked (but some units are locked up already). which blk alph did u go to that has been all locked up?

me too! i was so excited to see my new flat that i go there pretty often too! i thought i was the only eager one coz everytime i go there, there's no other pple seeing the blocks. looks like i've got company!
happy.gif

maybe one day we might bump into each other there!!
wink.gif

dap

Hi Tulips

you been there to see too!!! The living room is so tiny right!!! Worst, I dun know if I can fit a dinning table. Wanted to hack the kitchen wall but found out last week, the TV circuit and electrical board are at that wall. so headache now as can't hack away. How do you intend to renovate your house?

Yap I met a contractor there. He was from some interior firm actually and he said Evergreat (builder) is handing over the flat bit by bit. Actually I ever called Evergreat and they told me their contract period is till Dec01 but they said they're asking HDB for grace period.

So yours will be getting maybe same time as me or earlier. I forgotten which 690 I went but it's the nearest to the road.

I love the masterbed room window too. it makes the whole room look bigger. what's your facing? My is facing inside a lot of blocks. I thought it's a good chocie cos it's facing the garden but that day I went in I look out of the window and think it look cramp with all the flats so close to mine. so scary imagine what you do people can peep from opposite blk.

Did you see the toilets? The piping are sealed and the doors are the same as the bedroom. Great right. We even have wrought iron gate. My friends staying in the Design and build next to ours are complaining that they pay more than us but they dun get what we get. They feel sad.

I wonder if we have any minimart near our place. Next time we can meet and then go market together. Can also introduce my friends who I mentioned above. I met them here in this forum too. they are great pals.

tulips

hi dap

guess what! i had the same idea as u too!! ie. to knock down the kitchen wall... but when i went to see the unit, then i realised that the tv circuit etc are on that wall. but do u also realised that from the floor plan, that area is supposed to be dinning area, so why is the tv circuit there? the unit opp mine has got the tv circuit near the full glass window. that place rightfully shld be the 'living room' as stated in the floor plan. most probably will make a check with hdb regarding this after i've got the keys.

its quite a headache thinking of how to renovate the house. i might adpot minimalist theme, as i don't want my home to be too crampy with things. how about u? any rough idea how u intend to renovate it? we can exchange ideas
wink.gif

u called up evergreat? do u think i can call them and ask them when they're going to hand the keys (to my flat) over to hdb?
proud.gif
i'm very eager to know....
lame.gif

my master bedroom's window looks out to the garden. luckily its quite a distance away from the neighbouring blocks. i also went to the unit opp mine. their master bedroom is facing the neighbouring block's living room and the distance is quite near.

personally, i don't like the doors of the bathroom (which is the same as the bedroom door), i find it too big and its only a few cm away from the toliet bowl (when u open the door, the door almost 'brushes' onto the toliet bowl). most probably i will change to a bi-folding door for the toliet.
happy.gif

huh? i thought premium flats cost more than design & built flats? i remember comparing the prices between these 2 types and noticed that we pay more for premium as compared to D&B coz we've got timber stripped floorings etc. but i like the D&B flats's corridor... i went to 1 of the flat and i saw the painted corridor (its painted in yellow with design). its very nice.
happy.gif

there's a small wet market at the mrt area. althou small, but there's a large variety of veges & meat to buy. even at 2pm, the market is still packed with full of things! so no worries abt waking up late and can't buy anything fm the market.

thats great!! we can go marketing together! btw, who are the friends whom u've mentioned? are they staying in the same area as us?
happy.gif

dap

Hi Tulips

I truly agree with you on the placement of the TV circuit. so annoying and "fun" now on running the cable to near the window and wondering how to concel it. sian....

I'm also going for minimalist zen look. Though was always told by designers that it's out of style but I still like. I didn't close the toilet door to check out. Must really check the next time when I go. thinking of going there this weekend to take measurement. My FH very keen to know what can fit in?

novbride

hi dap and Tulips!

my new flat also at Admiralty!!
happy.gif
I went down last weekend. Saw some contractors, they told me blks 690 are handing over to HDB this week onwards..batch by batch...then those blks 688-689 should get letter after chinese new year. Hope they're correct...my god...so excited cos it's come much earlier than we expected!! cheers!!!

tulips

hi novbride

u got me REALLY EXCITED now!!
happy.gif
u mean to say that i'll be getting letter fm bdb soon??

i've been hoping that it'll come sooner as i can't wait to have my own love nest!!
proud.gif

what is your blk no.?

hi dab,
ya.. its a headache trying to run the cable to the window.
sad.gif

novbride

hi tulips,

mine is blk 689D 5 room, so will not come as soon as yours... i'm also very excited after hearing wat they say...din expect so so fast!! rite? Hope you get your letter soon...if wrong info, dun scold me hor..
happy.gif
this is wat I heard from them wan... i went up my flat last weekend, i also think the Master bedroom toilet door's too big, i also noticed it nearly touched the toilet bowl!
sad.gif
Have u found ur reno contractor liao?? me busy with wedding stuff..think have to start looking around also...
happy.gif

let's keep in touch ya?

dap

Hi NovBride

great to have another person here. My blk very near yours too it's 689B. Both Tulips and you complain about the toilet door think I really must go check out.

wow i'm also excited that after new year I can get my key. just nice after my ROM in Feb 02. since your wedding in Nov 02, how come you are so busy now? My wedding in Jan 03 but I d

tulips

hi dap

do also take a look at the kitchen ceiling. i noticed that the wiring for the kitchen lighting is VERY NEAR to the hook for hanging the clothings. u know, the row of hooks to hang up the clothings to dry?? that row of hooks are just NEXT to the wiring (for the kitchen light). its practically impossible to put the kitchen light there!!

hi novbride,

i've not found a reno contractor yet. but i've got a few reno contractor's contact recommended by friends so might get a quote from them once i get the keys to my house.
happy.gif

novbride

hi dap & tulips,

me busy looking for a bridal pkg now, have just settled my banquet venue recently..phew! One task down
happy.gif
i'm visiting bridal boutiques during weekends and hopefully can settle everything by end of this month
happy.gif

when's your wedding??? mine is Oct next year. ya..you must be wondering why my nick is 'Novbride'
happy.gif
happy.gif

tulips

hi novbride

so its one load off your mind after u've settled on your dinner banquet venue.
happy.gif

i've read in thread somewhere that u've also visited MB right? i was a MB bride.
wink.gif
i'm glad to say that we got along pretty well and i'm a very satisfied customer of hers.
happy.gif

my wedding was on 14 april this year. in another 4 more months, we'll be celebrating our 1st yr wedding anniversary!! so fast hor!!
happy.gif

novbride

tulips, so u are a MB bride!!!
happy.gif
Can tell me more abt MB and how you feel working with Margaret? given you another chance, would you sign up with MB again?? Which pkg u choose? I'm kind of tear between Bridal Veil and MB now. MB will be quite ex for me cos I'll probably not take the photographers she tied with...any good advise??? So far I've gone to 6/7 boutiques, only MB gave me the Wow! feeling =) but frankly, I'm also quite worry abt the service loh...I hope you can share with me your experience =)

cheers!

tulips

hi novbride

i'm one of those who had a very good experience with her.
happy.gif
the 1st time i step into her shop, i was already quite impress with the way she present her wedding package and that she's not pushy at all. she also took time to explain to me how to tell the different styles of photography and so that i will know which style i prefer.

a couple of weeks after the 1st visit, Margaret called me up and asked me if i've booked with any bridal boutique yet and if i would like to go down to try on her gowns. as i've not yet signed up with any bridal boutique, so i agree to make a trip down to her place. after trying on a few pieces of the gown, i fell in love with it immediately. the cutting suits me very well and i find that her designs are simple yet elegant, and like u, i also had the 'WOW' feeling.
happy.gif
thou tempted to sign on the spot, but i didn't. we stepped out of the shop, had a quick discussion with my hubby, and a few minutes later, we were in back her shop again signing on the dotted line and making the 1st payment
proud.gif

given a chance, i would chose MB again. i really enjoy every session with her and i look forward to it too (even thou the journey is quite far for me). we joked and laugh alot at every meeting. and i also trust Margaret's taste. i let her decide for me the flowers to be used for the bridal bouquet as well as the car deco design. and i'm very pleased with her selection.
happy.gif

overall, i'm a very happy and satisfied customer of MB. i also introduced my sis to her and she too had a very good experience working with her too.
happy.gif

oops! this topic is actually abt our admiralty flats and now we've sort of divert to MB.
lame.gif

hi dap,

so u're going down this weekend? i might go there on sat, how abt u?
happy.gif

dap

Hi Novbride and Tulips

it's ok to talk about MB. though I didn't have a chance to go down to MB to try but a few times almost tempted but distance too far. Actually wanted m-t-m package for myself too and was about to take The Wedding Present or Emanuel B but for the sake of my FH's pocket, I took off the rack from Milan. Now still wondering if I can get something I like there.

I might go down to our flat this weekend but not sure which day cos have not done my Christmas shopping yet.

Novbride, you have not let us know why your wedding in Oct and you name yourself novbride?

dap

My FH met his 3M client two days ago. He was told by his client that the air at our flat not so good cos 3M emit poisonous air due to electroplating but they are controlling the amount under the law limit. but then it's still not good for health. quite worried.

novbride

hi dap & Tulips,

ok..will tell you now...i initially wanted to hold my wedding dinner in Nov bcos I was born in Nov =) but then the hotel that we decided to hold our wedding dun have the dates liao..so sad...only Oct are avail and hence, I'm an Octbride liao loh...

dap..now u make me worry too...really poisonous gas ah? i thk they are building a big sewage system infront of my flat (the open space infront of 689D) there already a sewage building next to the 689 carpark...sometimes when i passed it, the air smells funny loh...oh no...

tulips

hi novbride

just click on my nick and u'll get my email address.
happy.gif
feel free to email me anything u wish to discuss abt MB.
wink.gif

hi dap,
oh dear!! the poisonous air is harmful to our health in the long run right?? is it odourless? coz i don't smell anything weird whenever i go there. gosh!! now u make me worry too!!!

dap

I know I make you worry i'm worry too. not good in the long run. am thinking if we should write to Ministry of environment. hmmm....

Novbride..so coincidence my birthday in Nov too. but i didn't coincide any event in our birthday month. my ROM will be coming in Feb 02 and wedding Jan 03.

angeline

HI all,

So happy to know that u guys are staying nearby me. My block no : 690F, hoping to collect our keys a.s.a.p. so that i can confirm my customary date which will be next end. Does anyone knows when likely we will be able to collect our keys? Have you guys start sourcing for contractors to renovate your house? Have u all start sourcing for Hotels & Restaurants venues to hold your dinner?
Waiting for all your replys!
happy.gif

tulips

hi angeline,

u've also selected 690F?? same as me!!!
happy.gif
is yours a 4-room or 5-room?

i will only start looking for contractors after i've gotten my keys. meanwhile, i've been busy flipping home & deco magazine to get some idea.
wink.gif

among the 3 of us (me, dap & novbride), i'm the only one who had gone thru customary wedding.
proud.gif

angeline

Hi Tuplis,

Mine is a 4-room flat on the 9th Floor, what abt yours? Im also flipping thru magazines to get ideas.

Congrats that u are married. Me waiting eagerly for my turn leh. Btw, which bridal shop did u booked from & where is your venue for holding your dinner? Can share more about your wedding process?

novbride

hi Angeline,

our admiralty gang getting bigger liao =) heehee..

think 690 will get keys earlier cos they are the earlier batch...hey, must update us when you gals get it hor!

tulips & dap,

maybe u can find out more when u visit ur flats this weekend..sure got contractors there, can find out from them, they're very well informed..some got showflats in the neighbouring new flats, can chk it out also! =)

novbride

hi Angeline,

forgot to add...me booked my wedding venue at Copthorne Harbour View and still searching for a suitable bridal pkg now...as for my new flat, I still haven't find any contractors too...

think your flat should be here very soon, should start planning for wedding now
happy.gif

angeline

Hi Novbride,

Sure, u guys must also update me if u collect your keys. U applied for 4rm or 5rm flat?
Hope to get more people to join in our forum.
happy.gif

Glad that you have booked your your dinner venue.
happy.gif

How much you pay for per table? Is your wedding on a weekday or weekend? Can share more with me?
Me still sourcing for it.
I have booked my bridal package with Paris brides, but thru this forum i have read got alot of negative feedback, im now at a loss coz i have paid a deposit of $1200, really dont know what to do!
sad.gif
I dont wish to waste this money coz we are on a tight budget liao.
My advise to you : visit more bridal shop before you sign up & get more feedback from others. Try to bargain for more freebies & make sure its wriiten down on your invoice!

novbride

hi Angeline,

My wedding's on a Saturday, 19 Oct 2002 to be exact. It's 620+++/per table. I fell in love with the banquet suite and bridal suite the first time i went down to CHV..I actually signup on the spot =) I wun say I'm impulsive cos I've do alot of research thru this forum before I visit the hotel =P You should check out CHV too! I love the bridal suite, got jacuzzi!
happy.gif
they have a very cool VIP room just beside the banquet suite so that the bride need not go all the up to the bridal suite to get changed...Their menu is quite flexible too! Think their pkg price increase liao...U may like to check out Amara hotel too, the foyer is very grand...Have u start visiting any hotels? can email me if you wanna know more, ok??
happy.gif

So you've booked with Paris..I heard from a friend that their photographs are good, but not so sure abt their services though...if you're really very bothered by the negative comments, maybe u can check with the brides in this forum to see if you can use the $1200 to exchange for their photography service or some other things loh...probably u'll lugi abit loh...but no choice loh...All the best to you!
happy.gif

dap

Hello Angeline

welcome to this thread. I'm staying in Blk 689B on 11th flr also 4 room. I have booked my banquet with Marina Mandarin at $649 per table on Thursday and my bridal package is booked with Milan at $2988. Heard from the thread that Milan offers good service. So far very happy for both that i've booked. I have also a contractor in mind which is Impress 21. Will get him to do measurement and quote.

Hi Novbride, you can dropped by Milan at Tanjong Pagar. If you are interested, let me know so that I can introduce you there then get more perks. hee....

novbride

hi angeline & all,

my new flat is at blk 689D on 14th flr 5 room.

hi dap,

I'll chk out Milan's thread first...will let u know if i decided to visit Milan ok? Actually I'm also thinking of visiting Emanuel B, Ted Wu at Tanjong Pagar but I'm very lazy to go all the way there
happy.gif
Been to abt 6/7 boutiques liao, really want to settle with a boutique soon...hey, how's Impress 21? how much are you forking out for ur reno huh?
happy.gif

Tulips, I jus went to BV..sigh..I dun really like the gowns I saw, maybe bcos I dun like crystals...think Michelle dun do embroidery also...

dap

Hi Novbride

think you better don't get lazy as which ever that you choose you have to stick with it for about 1 year till your wedding so better dun make mistake in selecting one you will regret later. If you like embroidery, besides those two you mentioned, you can also try The Wedding Present. I met with the designer Patrick, he's very creative and good. They are having a wedding fair next month.

In fact just make a trip to Tanjong Pagar and you have most boutiques there.

for impress 21 so far 2 of my internet friends staying at the D&B besides ours are using him. Quite good. no complain from them and quote is reasonably cheap but quality is not bad. At first I have a budget of $20,000 excl furniture and appliances for the reno but now I look at our house, think will cut to $15,000 or lesser (mine is 4 room). In fact my friends and parent said we can just fit the lighting and move in. What about you?

tulips

hi angeline

mine is also a 4-room! i'm on the 13th floor.
happy.gif

i was a MB bride and had Benny Ang for my studio/outdoor as well as actual day photography. my wedding banquet was at hotel rendezvous. my wedding process? there's ups and downs during preparations. if u want to know more, i can email to u to tell u more abt it.
happy.gif

hi novbride,
i ususally ignore those contractors when they approach us.
proud.gif
i'm afraid that they will become pushy once i view their showflat thats why i usually ignore tham. once, this contactor insist on bringing us to his showflat and we said we'll see it later. but he kept persuading us to go view it 1st and asked us for our hp. no.

i've also visited emanuel b. during my bridal boutique search.... and so happen that the designer (elaine) is my friend's friend!! i only got to know it after my 1st visit to them.

dap,
my reno budget is also around $20k (exclude furniture & appliances). do u think its alot? $15k will be reasonable enough to renovate a 4-room flat?

angeline

Hi Novbride,

Thanks for your info. Congrats! I hope to hold my wedding in the month of Oct too coz my hubby & i are born in Oct.
happy.gif
I have read quite alot abt chv, heard that the have benn renovated and many couple were impressed by their ballroom on the 10th floor. Is yours on the 10th floor? I have some feedback regarding Amara, they said the food is not nice & their services is so-so only, i think all this services & food depend on luck too. Everybody got mood swing mah, hard to tell lor!I have yet to go down to any hotels yet, i just browse thru internet to check on their packages. Beside looking at hotels, im looking at restaurants too. Any restaurants to recommend?

My package with Paris cost $3988.
I find Paris photos were well-taken but not too sure with their services, heard that there is one co-ordinators, Andrew, very rigid!
sad.gif
Pray hard that i can "Siam" him as much as possible! ) Marriage is once in a lifetime, i dont want him to spolit my mood! I thinking if i could get another bridal shop to buy over my package from Paris, do u happen to know of any bridal shop taking over any bridal shop packages?

Hi Dap,

Wow, we will all be staying close to each other.
happy.gif

I have heard of Milan, my friend got a pacakge from Milan at this price too. Glad to hear that you have booked your banquet & bridal package.
happy.gif

You can concentrate more on your house when you collect your keys. Do get more quotation from contractors for comparsion before decide on one & make sure they have a license from HDB.

dap

Hi Tulips

not sure if 15K is enuf. but usually will exceed budget but hope not too much.

Hi Angline and all

I would also like to try other contractors but any recommendation? I'm one of the victim with Unique design so now quite skeptical.

novbride

hi Angeline,

Mine is at 10th flr, the new banquet suite has a projector so I'm thinking of showing some videos or wedding photos..

i'm not very sure of the service and food of CHV, I'm quite abt this actually...but then my hubby say food and service really depends on lucky loh...so we gamble abit loh...at least we like the place
happy.gif

I heard Mariott reno their ballroom, very nice now. If you budget allows, mayb u can consider. I also like Pan Pac very much, heard they have diff wedding themes loh...My frd who just had dinner at Westin said the food, service and ambient is superb!

for restaurant..I recommend Grand City at Raffles City shopping center. The food is very yum-yum and serving is good! my brother held his dinner there, all my relatives very happy
happy.gif
happy.gif

btw, i din know of any bridal shop taking over another's pkg??? sound funny to me...dun really get it leh =P

hi all,

I actually set $15k for my reno but I know i'm deceiving myself
proud.gif
i actually wan a simple reno...I'll focus on my master bedrm, living rm and kitchen, I think i'll leave my 2 other rooms empty first..

hohoho..we jus get our *bonus*...can go shopping liao
happy.gif
Enjoy ur weekends!

cheers!

angeline

Belated meri x'mas to all of u
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi Tuplis,

Wow, we r staying in the same block & im juz four floor below you.
happy.gif
There will always be ups & downs during wedding preparation! Pls tell me more what you have gone thru during the preparation. My email add : [email protected]

Hi Novbride,

Glad to hear that your ballroom is on the 10th floor. Its a good idea to use the projector coz u can show from your baby photos to your wedding photos to all your relatives and friends.
I juz went to Panpac last week, ambience is good but not the food, too salty, all my colleagues had the same comment too.
sad.gif

Tks for recommending Grand City, will give them a call to ask for their package.

Sigh! i think i have to stick with Paris liao! I dont think i want their actual day photographers too, im thinking of employing one together with the videography. Anyone heard about Video Academy, quite a few TCS artist wedding photos & videography were taken by him.

novbride

hi all,

how did you spend your X'Mas?? Me had a sinful X'Mas Eve
sad.gif
We had pot luck for all 3 meals!!!I've been trying very hard to diet and exercise...but think my weight bounce back after this festive season liao
sad.gif
Sigh...How can I control myself with all the nice food in front of me? =P"

Anyone visited the new flats last weekend? any news???
happy.gif

hi Angeline,

I'm not aware of videography service, is their style of video taking very different?

dap

Hi all

I been to the exact unit of my flat. Can see the edge of floorings not done yet, the wall tiles not done perfectly, my kitchen pipe leaked and the concealed material dropped off, my toilet bowl very smelly with I think shit stain on it, the floorings not polished, the main door not installed, the bedroom door knobs not fixed, my aircon window has a deep crack etc. Wonder when will all these be fixed. I went to take down all the wall dimension. very kan cheong

I been to Blk 689F last sat too and it's all cleaned up. very nice. surrounding also has plants.

Should be going there again this sunday.

Hi Angeline
never heard of any bridal shop who will buy over the other. Since you have paid, maybe make do with it and make sure things turns out well by scrutinising everything from gown measurement to details on dress, to makeup and photography.

Not sure of the video service too. maybe you might want to post it in SB.

Hi NovBride, same as you I'll only concentrate on masterbedroom, living and kitchen. But will buy some readmake for the two rooms. This month's Home and decor is out and I saw there's a lot of nice examples. check it out.

think i'm going to my new flat this sunday again.

justin

Hi future neighbours,
This is my first posting...hehe...Me the only guy I guess....

Anyway, just want to check with you gals, how did you get in to the compound? Went past there once and saw that the gate was chained up and so many people working around the place.. Do you simply just walk straight in under the chain and into the compound?

Oh, by the way, I'm going to be in Blk 690F 12th floor...
happy.gif

novbride

hi Justin,

hmm...surprise to 'see' a guy in this forum, the only one i encounter is Chin Leng..heehee..
happy.gif
anyway, nice to 'meet' you!

ermm...I think you can get into the compound via our neighbouring Design & Build flats...I usually go by another way..I'll usually alight at the bus stop opp. 3M and walk up the path leading to the 689 blks, however, this path will definitely passby some worker quarters though...humhum dunno if u get what i mean? =P

oh ya...there's always alot of workers everywhere but we dun care loh...jus walk up the stairs...hee!
happy.gif

tulips

hey justin

we've chosen the same blk & u're even much nearer to my floor.
happy.gif

novbride,
i also walked thru the D&B flats to get to our flat. the 1st time i went there, we climb up 13 floors to see our flat. but recently, the lift is working and thus makes viewing the flats much easier.
proud.gif

dap,
i also saw some defects in my flat. i can only complain to them abt it after we get the keys and i wonder how long more do i have to wait for them to repair it. hope they won't take too long coz i hope to renovate my love nest soonest possible.
happy.gif

dap

Hi Justin

Welcome in. nice to have some views from a guy.

I usually walk from the MRT to the D&B and walk by the road at Drive 73 to the back of the D&B. So far the gate at the carpark of Blk 690 is not locked. I just walked in and go to whichever blk i want to. I ever saw couples driving into the compound.

Hi Tulips

according to my pals at D&B, it took about 2 weeks to amend some defects. But you have to keep chasing.

Have anyone any good contact for contractor. I have 3 on hand. if you are interested I can send via your email. All 3 recommended by friends by have not meet up with them.

angeline

Hi Novbride & Dap,

Im not too sure about Video Academy, i happened to see this company when i browse thru internet.
I hope everything goes well, keep my fingers crossed!

Hi Justin & All,

Welcome to our Admiralty gang,
happy.gif
so happy to know that you are staying in Blk 690F too, im staying in the same block as you & im staying on the 9th floor whereas Tuplis staying on the 13th floor.
Yours is a 4 or 5 room flat?

Heard from my Dad's friend ( contractor ), he said that Admiralty flats floorings and tiles are not done properly, alot of defects, he advise me to check thoroughly once i collect my keys. Make sure you mopped the floor & check the floorings, there are complaints that the flooring tiles are of different colours & chipped corner!!!
sad.gif
Last but not least, the shelter door, very difficult to close, will have to bang very hard inorder to close that door! You guys better take note!

Have anyone been to view Blk 690F flats, is it going to complete? Pls keep me update.
happy.gif

tulips

hi dap

can u email to me the contacts for contractors which u've got?

just click on my nick for my email address.

thanks in advance.
happy.gif

justin

Hi all,

mine is a 4-rm flat. I've heard that it's very very small. Now I'm staying in a 3rm flat and the floor area is already 87sqm, sigh, 3sqm for an additional room. I can imagine the size now...

angeline

Hi Justin,

Such a coincidence, all three of us are staying in a 4-rm flat
happy.gif
Indeed the floor area is very small, only 90sqm. I feel that my master bedroom is the smallest ( very odd shape )among the three bedroom. The other two bedroom very squarish, easy to arrange furniture. Have you start sourcing for contractors?

justin

Hi Angeline,

I've not started sourcing for contractors yet. Now planning wedding... started off a little late, thus having a headache finding a place we like and available on the days we want..

If you gals got good recommendations for contractors must share, share okie?
happy.gif
Anyway, anyone have any idea if getting design firms for the reno is worth it instead of getting just contractors. Sure like to have a tastefully designed home, but not at the expense of a exorbitant price. They sort of "pow kah liao" from design, down to furnishings rite? It must cost a bomb..

angeline

Hi Justin,

When is your BIG DAY?
happy.gif
Have you booked your bridal package & banquet? I have booked my bridal package but not my banquet coz yet to confirm my date. Most likely will be from Jun to Dec 2002 period. Alot of preparation to be done ah!

Do update me if you have booked your bridal package & banquet.
happy.gif