Admiralty Blk 688-690

vin

aahhhaaa..

me second to join.
biggrin.gif

dis is cool. now I can do a date poll next time we organise an outdoor event.

happysheltie

hi all,

I have a bad news. my floor tiles pop up on Sun 14 Dec morning before our guests came for Summer 1 mth celebration at about 10.30am. My neighbour abv which Vincent mentioned Keith hse oso same problem. Theirs was worst than us. more portion of the whole living room.

on Mon we called the HDB to rectify the problem. initially they only wanted to repair the affected area only. They not willing to redo the whole hall. Tue they started the job. the worker hack up the affected tiles, but as they hack, it spread. the spreading got worst and the 70% of the hall was affected. since the damage on the flooring is oready 70%, we requested them to do up the whole hall. we had arguement with the HDB contractor as well as the HDB officer. finally they agree. but our TV console and shoe cabinet had to tear down cos it's fix. We want them to bear the cost of taking out the fixture as well as to fix it back. the negotiate is not finalise but we still hv to go ahead and tear down the fixture in order for the work to proceed. Now Summer and myself have to move to my mum hse temporaily. hubby has to take leave to supervise the work. sigh.... all in a mess. after that we have to clean the whole hse like mad.

according to the worker and HDB, we are not the only one that having this problem. Ocean, you hv companion. there are a few hse that happening too. but seems like they do not know what is the problem causing it. Their so called professional engineer still cannot comment on it.

IF there is anyone having the same problem reading this, please contact me. We should united and bring this matter up. This is unacceptable! becos of this, I hv to cut short my confinement and move to my mum hse to stay. I'm afraid that Summer might be affected by the dust. It's so troublesome as we hv to bring so many things over.

toobi

I'm so sorry to hear that denise... HDB is really toooooo much.. So u would need to get your reno contractor to tear down the tv cabinet izzit? then after tear down, can it still be fixed back?

In fact, I really regret not removing HDB tiles.. Tot of changing the tiles altogether.. get from outside..

Their engineer is really hopeless.. they should have known much better than hacking will spread and affect the other tiles wat!! what engineers u call DAT!!!!! but they change to their tiles then still got problem how???

happysheltie

Yes, my hse is facing east sun. Definately this is not the cause of it, otherwise there are few hundred homes facing east and west going to suffer.

Tot if there are others reading this tread, having the same problem can share the experience with us. This is going to be real tough, against HDB.

Anyone can offer some advise ?

toobi

Hi denise, would u like to cross over to the other forum and post.. Hopefully everyone can cross over.. Angeline, justin, ocean, pok pok.. wanna cross over to chat?

here

oceans

Denise, so now the HDB contractor removed your TV console and ur shoe cabinet for you? It is really bad huh!
uhoh.gif

If u need the MP number, I will try to search thru my documents to see if there is one. Any problem, jus give me a call again. Well, my hp battery is usually fully charge on weekday!
lame.gif

Toobi, even if u wanna change HDB tiles, u r not allowed to do so. Think we have to wait for 3yrs (if i rem correctly) if we want to hack the floor. Can only overlay!!!

Just like my platform. I believe the tile under the platform had already pop out too, but since no one wanna bear the cost of removing and fixing the platform back, we just ignore it.
sad.gif

chatterbox

Hi Denise,

Maybe u can try to bring this matter up to the MP and if it doesn't help, BLOW it up by complaining to the media n make public aware that this is the kind of quality HDB provides. For sure that this will be a tiring n continous process coz I'm going thru the complaining process too.

Currenly, I'm having a dispute with my neighbours as they are hanging their laundry outside the common corridor n obstructing the way. We actually complained to the TC n they never seems to get thg done. And it has been a year since we complained n nothg much has been done. So we actually threatened them that if they are not going to do anythg, we will BLOW up this thg n bring the case to MP. N if worst come to worst, we will report to media. N guess wat, there's some improvement now.

My conclusion is that we really have to b firm in our stand n not to be soft-hearted.

Hope thg get better at yr side soon
happy.gif

Anyway I'm living at 687, the batch opp yr flats.

angeline_poh

Denise,

Y HDB like tt one???!!! Gosh, think our area got alot kena already, dunno when will be my turn ah??!! {( Well, if i kena, i sure complain to MP & "BLOW" it big if HDB dun settle for me!!!

U dun get too agitated, think of ur own health ah, u still doing ur confinement!!
happy.gif
Let Justin handle it!!

happysheltie

what confinement? no more confinement. Tue morning oready sent my confinement lady back home since they starting on Tue. now have to eat anything that is convenient. didn't bother liao. anywhere no mood. I beginning to lose my appetite and feeling weak now. tired and stress.

thinking of having to clean up the whole house after the renovation finish, want to faint liao. we hv to clean up thoroughly before bringing Summer back home. anyone offer to help????

happysheltie

wow! I was just kidding only and didn't expect my neighbours so helpful. Thanks for your offer. maybe need you guys to help Justin to bring out the heavy item from the bedroom. well, we don't even know when can we start cleaning and shift back. if weekend maybe can ask u all to help. weekday a bit difficult. but weekend is so precious, how would I dare to trouble you all. ;)

Val, mostly likely if u at home when we back doing the cleaning, may need to trouble you to leave Summer at your place.

oceans

Hmm.. so nice, all of u stay in the same block, only different floor!!
biggrin.gif

Denise, had HDB settle on the TV console?
uhoh.gif
It's really tiring and dreading with the renovation going on!
sad.gif

By the way, if no hacking is to be done on Saturday, actually, they can continue doing the tiles one. That wat happen to us!

toobi

Denise, dun be so sad.. extending invitation again here you too ocean..

Denise, if u need any help, feel free to ask man.. We will definitely help in one wat or another!

angela_lim

Hi Angeline

Me busy with work, need to clear all my work before i go on leave. So stress...

Thinking of getting out of Hotel line...actually aiming at 3M, jus opposite our house...

Hi Denise

Sorry to hear that your tiles also pop up...
so how many working days they need?

angeline_poh

Angela,

Im rushing my work too as yr end is apporaching soon, so we need to clear our work & make sure we hit our target!!!
sad.gif

3M ah, good choice very nearby, jus walk over will do!!
bounce.gif
After CNY shd have more job vancies, tery to flip more papers!! All the best to u!!
happy.gif

Denise, dun be sad lah, celebrate Summer's first xmas mah
happy.gif

happysheltie

there is an article in the Straits Times forum section talking about house problem in Woodlands. Subject: "HDB shld review quality of workmanship" Sounds very familiar. wonder if it's referring to our area. finally someone wrote in. shall see if anyone reply.

angela_lim

Halo Everybody

Happy New Year to all gang members.
Time really flies ya...my weekend chalet closing in one week time. It will be conveted into my Permanent Residential. So nervous now...

angela_lim

Halo everybody

This is my first posting at my new house! But discover all had went missing...tried going to the above list Vincent had provided for fengniu, cannot be link...

My old pc had declared brain dead...anyone out there wants to voluteer in providing me everyone email add and the update list so that i can input into my new pc. Thks in advance.

toobi

harlo everyone..!!

sorry my hosting site was down for maintenance over the weekend last week.. It is now up and running.. cya there!

chrissng

Hi all...

Another one in the neighbourhood who have tiles that are uneven.... though they have not popeed up yet... and hope they stay that way.. thought a bit uneven...

will it get worse??? anyone.....

oceans

Toobi, me blur blur leh... if i wanna to post anything, i need password right???

Smurfette, welcome!
biggrin.gif
Have u moved in liao?

toobi

Hi smurfette + ocean,

Just click on "Register" word at the top and follow through the instruction and that's it!

oceans

Vincent & Toobi, how you all getting on?
talker.gif
Is the gang all there?
uhoh.gif

I also blur blur and it looks very confusing, that why did not assess it!

Smurfette, yes, i had already moved in since late Feb this year! It used to be my weekend chalet house too!!
rofl.gif
So, when r you moving in to our neighbourhood?
happy.gif

littlesmurfie25

hi ocean,

am moving in end oct this year. hehehe...
which blk are you in?

hi toobi,

i got registered in your forum but cant seem to figure out how to join the threads....

littlesmurfie25

hi ocean,

me moving in end oct this year...hehehe after customary dinner...which blk are you in?

hi toobi,

i got registered in your forum..cant seem to figure how to join the threads leh....
me blur as sotong...

toobi

no need to join any threads. Just login with yr name and password and u can reply to thread or start new topics lor..

I've send you a private message.. You can retrieve from the Inbox. Private message is like email.. u go see see look look..

Hi ocean,
see u finally registered.. do the same as I've mentioned above..

oceans

Toobi, yap, saw ur msg liao!
happy.gif
Thks!
biggrin.gif
Aiyoo... what finally i registered... i din do that before cos i thought u automatically register me mah!! Hahaha...
lol.gif

Smurfette, my block is 688B! The one nearest to MRT, facing the road & condo. Urs 689A is near where huh??
uhoh.gif
Me very blur one!!
lame.gif

oceans

Oh Smurfette, that meant urs is also the same direction as mine, facing the MRT track?
uhoh.gif

Yours is after the carpark, right?? You ask me to keep a lookout??? Haha...
biggrin.gif
But i also walked in that direction from MRT to my house. And it is the first block mah!! Hehhee...
lol.gif

How's ur preparation of ur wedding???
93508.gif
U got another 5 mths before ur wedding bell rings!! Congrats!!
happy.gif