Addressing on Wedding Cards

egang

Hi, Does anyone know the exact traditional method to address relatives when we write on wedding cards? Any Websites that i can relate to? Thanks..

minssy

hi guan,

huh? exact traditional method ah? dun think so.. if you address them as 'third uncle', then you can write 'third uncle & family'. else you need to write 'Mr so & so & family' which is very formal for relatives leh...

egang

Hi minssy, thanks for your reply... Ya, Third Uncle & family, that's from my part. How about my Parents, how do my parents address my third uncle's children and so on... Wondering if there are any websites that i can get those detailed information

minssy

hi guan,

your third uncle's children & so on? if your parents have to give, then write the names will do ah.. your parents are senior mah...

websites? i never see such websites like that. maybe you can go to yahoo taiwan to check...

juv

Hi guan, if i remember correctly, if its husband and wife, you write the husband's name and 'xian kang li' after it. If its the whole family, you write the father's name and 'he fu' after it.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

egang

Hi

Minssy, thanks for your information, i'll check if i can find it at taiwan website

Juv,
Ya, that is what i am looking for... is there any website that i can get more information on these.

Thanks

juv

Eh i'm not sure if there are any websites...learnt all these from my grand auntie
happy.gif

Think these are the common 2 terms people use... Haven seen any others

pansymaniac

hi guan,

i'm not sure how the chinese traditional style goes..but maybe you can check with your grandparents? Usually our grannies grandaddies will have some idea

My cousin got her granny to write the cards
happy.gif

Looks like I'll do that too.

stars03

i actually have a file given to me by my designer for the inside of the cards. Anyone interested please let me know yr email address. However think u need some designing software to open.

stupeed

my mum got her great uncle to write the cards because he seems to know the names and designations of all the relatives in the family :p

stars03

Hi smallgirl,

I have sent to yr husband email already. Hope u can receive it. ANyway i send from my company email account okie.. But u will need a designer software to open the file ya.

juliadecbride

Hi Anyone can advise me the addressing on card:

Close Friends: Annie & Steven? Is surname necessary?
Girl Friends & colleagues but don't know hubby name:
Cleo Tan & Hubby? or
Cleo Tan & Partner?

Male friends & Colleagues but don't know wife name:
Mr & Mrs Darrell Tan? or
Darrell & Partner?

Thanks so much!

minssy

hi lazybride,

i think its up to your preference..
i aint formal so i just write their names without surname... if you are inviting your frd's partners, please take the effort to find out the name of the partner. its so not nice to just write 'xxx & partner'. anyway, before you write your cards, its better to ask if they are going first...

juliadecbride

Hi Minssy, thanks. I'll try find out the names. It is a must to ask first or can just give the card and ask later they bring partner. Thought is rude to ask?

minssy

hi lazybride,

no ah.. its not rude to ask.. if you give out the card and ask if they wanna bring their parter, they may have an impression that you are asking bcos you need pple to fill the seat. if you ask first, then at least you have them in your thoughts
happy.gif

also, asking for attendance is to save you cards. alot of BTBs just gave the cards and then they will get a reply saying 'oh sorry, i cant make it on your wedding day'. BUT if you had asked them and if you know they cant make it, you need not give the cards already and will not feel that it was a waste giving the cards to them. this to me, is a smarter and practical way.