AD Photogrpahy Questions

shootingstarz

Hi,

abit confusred here, please kindly advice.. when we engage a photographer, say going by package on full day basis for 12hrs.. the photographer will be around with us for the 12 hrs? If tea ceremony is in morning & dinner starts at evening, then what about the afternoon when there is nothing to shoot?

stephen_loh

Hi shootingstarz,

This question sprung up quite often in my meetings with the couples. My advice is to check with the photographer or bridal studio whether the in-between break is counted as part of the 12 hours.

Different photographers have different practices and do find out whether there are any additional charges if you exceed the 12th hour.

For myself, I don't factor in the break as the service hours because everyone needs a break before the long banquet evening, to be fair to the couples. However, I do have couples who requested for outdoor shoot either after the morning affairs or just before the banquet.

Hope these help and all the best for your preparations!

Stephen
www.lyricalmoments.com

shootingstarz

Hi stephen thanx for the informations.

Btw.. have a question here..is it better to sign with the photographers that tied up with the bridal studio or sign up with them directly? would there be any difference in terms of package/pricing etc..,pls kindly advice.

shootingstarz

Hi stephen thx..
happy.gif

Hi everyone.. can anyone advice why noramlly soft copies are not returnable to customers but for AD it will be returned? Is this the norm practice for all PS photographers or only those one stop BS with in-house photographer practice that? thx

tris1982

It seems the norm. I was told that this is to prevent works and style from being copied or used for other commercial purposes. Sort of protection of copyright measure.

stephen_loh

Hi Tris Tan,

I do believe in returning the full-resolution files rather than downscaling it to those enough for display. I'm pretty upfront with this and would state it in the contract. Guess for the services I provide and the fees that I charge, I think it's fair to the couple.

As for protection of intellectual property and copyright issues, couples are well aware of this clause in their contract, that they are not allowed to sell to a third party or use it for their own commercial ventures.

Nowadays, you can violate copyright issues even if you use a low res picture as a thumbnail or part of a web design if you're using it for a commercial website (not blogs or personal website). Yes, it has happened in the past when my couple innocently gave some of the images to a wedding service provider who used it on his own commercial website.

So long the terms are clear, as to how both parties should use these work responsibily, I will return all in full resolution to them.

Stephen
www.lyricalmoments.com

natyeo

i agree with stephen, witholding the hi-res images is just an excuse for those bs or pg to make consumers pay more $$$.

tris1982

I see... So this business practice is limited to some BS or PGs only. When I was hunting for a BS some time back, I was told of what I have posted.

I'm glad that it's not the a wide-spread practice. ;)

stephen_loh

In Singapore, there isn't really a "standard" practice, really. In Australia or USA market, it's a different thing altogether.

What's the business value and philosophy of the photographer, I feel these should be a big consideration when they choose a photographer.

Stephen
www.lyricalmoments.com

shootingstarz

Hi, thx to all who gave advices. So, it is really those BS that plans to earn additional $$ from us therefore they refuse to return those pix to us.. there are other BS which returns only those you have chose to print. An as usual, they will say is so much better than those BS that never rtn any soft copy at all, so it is consider a very good bargain laready..well..confused!!??
Btw, for PS..if say there are 20 pages given by the BS/PG for the album..then for the collages, do we have to top up additional $?

victorho

Hi shootingstarz
Diff PG and BS have diff practise. Some don't return you the softcopy while others will return you everything ( even those not selected images )in full size. The same goes for the collage album. It would be best to check with the PG/BS first and get in down in writting, at least in an email.
Cheers and happy hunting.

frances

Hi Stephen,

I would also like to know whether to sign with the photographers that tied up with the bridal studio or sign up with them directly? would there be any difference in terms of package/pricing etc..,
also, how advance should we engage one?

thanks

monkie

i sign up AD photography from BS, i am not demanding in terms of photo quality.
i kind of take for fun only...who will have the time to refer to photos after 1 yr of marriagee...so no point sent so much money on AD photo.
my 2 cents...

stephen_loh

Hi Frances,

Different bridal studios or boutiques have different practices, best is to see it yourself in terms of what is offer. And price alone doesn't tell you much about the photography, and it really depends on how upfront the photographer is when it comes to pricing.

As to how advance you should book, I suggest you book early. Many of the top end photographers revise their prices every now and then, and it's always upwards, never down.

Cheers!

Stephen
www.lyricalmoments.com

kittichan_21

Hi Stephen,

I have taken a look at your website and am interested to find out more about your Actual Day journalistic photography.

Could you kindly email me the package information to this address, pls: [email protected]

Looking forward to hear from you soon! Thanks in advance for your reply.

tris1982

Hi kittichan,

think you can trying emailing Stephen at his email address instead. He might not check this thread often to get back to you quickly enough. ;)

gooderin

hi tris,

can pls send me Stephen's email address? I can't load into lyrical moment website due to some system failure.

thanks.

blueroses

Erin: You can contact him at [email protected]. Check out his thread under 'Lyrical Moments photography', I'm so glad to have signed up with him... two of his images just won some international competition and that really affirms our choice of photographer
happy.gif

jandj

Hi Guys,

I am looking for AD photographer, but am on budget; around $1k. Is this price reasonable to get a decent one?

jandj

Hi Joyce,

Thanks! My AD is 28 Dec. Can you email me the rates for Lawrence @ [email protected]?

May want to meet up with him one day cos its important that my hubby and myself is comfortable with him.

joyce_space217

Hi Jen,

I must raise both hands and legs to say: I AGREE with You & Your Hubby!

When choosing your AD photographer, other than you liking his style of photography, most importantly, you must be comfortable with him. You wouldn't want to have another matter on your mind to fret of on your big day!

And besides, it would be tough for him to capture your beautiful moments in the pictures if you are not comfortable with his presence.

I've sent you the packages as requested, Lawrence and I can't wait to meet you for a chat soon! My number is in the mail, I'll be waiting for your call =D

Cheers,
Joyce

www.36frames.com
www.aphotostory.com
www.vocaremedia.com

snowiee

the PG i engaged for my AD charges an extremely reasonable rate and beautifully taken pictures also
happy.gif

he was my ROM PG...

efficient, responsible and pictures were great !
happy.gif

2 thumbs up for him... hehe
happy.gif

who needs help, feel free to pm / email me for his contact details

my email is [email protected]

cutienottikitty

Hi,

I'm looking for AD photography/videography...my AD is 20th Oct..

The problem is that my wedding dinner is on the 22nd Oct.... and i would like to have photos taken on that day too...cos on AD and Dinner I will be having different EG...

So are there any photographer that can be recommended for this?? Many thanks!!

My email is [email protected]

victorho

Hi Cutie
Congrats on your coming wedding.
At Foto-U, we have Photography cum Videography Packages for AD Weddings. The packages are:

Wedding Day Photo & Video Packages:

Elegant Diary Package $2288/-

Photography:
1. 20 to 22 pages of 8 by 12 collages coffee table.
2. Unlimited capture of images.
3. All images return in CD.
4. Total 10 hours services.

Videography:
1. Up to 2 hrs of raw footage.
2. Edited wedding raw in DVD.
3. Label & cover design.
4. 3 copies of DVDs.
5. Montage highlight (combine montages with express highlights for video presentation during dinner.)
6. Total 10 hours services.
7. Video will be done by Professional videographer.

Avant-Garde Diary Package $1780/-

Photography:
1. 4R X 400 prints.
2. 2 x album ( Day & Nite).
3. 4R x 25 prints in Black and White.
4. Unlimited capture of images.
5. All images return in CD.

Videography:
3. Label & cover design.
4. 3 copies of DVDs.
5. Total 10 hours services.
6. Video will be done by Professional videographer.

We have a sales rep. Jess who can assist you with your enquiries. Her contact no is 81881314. You can just mention that Victor from Foto-U gave you her contact though you're free to engage any of our 7 professional photographers in Foto-U.

Cheers.

olengjuz

Hi there,

I have engaged Nelson Chow for PG and he had done me a great service. Can view his works from my yahoo album. PM me for links k.

Otherwise, David Teng also good, very seasoned and skilful PG. My colleagues and friends have engaged his PG/VG service too.

Should you want their contacts, PM me k. FYI, David Teng might not want to take in more orders cos he would be doing corporate orders soon. But no harm trying if interested k.

Ah Chee Production did a great job for creating my photo montage. He's doing freelance VG too. Had tied up with another PG company but I cant rem which one. Gives bundle price if taking both VG+PG services with them.

Cheers.

victorho

Hi winniepooh415
Congrats on your coming wedding.

Foto-U have a total of 9 photographers and our wedding packages are listed below. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you require any assistant.

Cheers

AD WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY PACKAGES.

GOLD PACKAGE: $1200.
1. 1 x albums.
2. CD return.
3. 20 to 22 pieces collages size 8″ x 12″.
4. Unlimited digital images captured.

SILVER PACKAGE: $900.
1. 400 4R prints with borders.
2. 25 Selected pics convert to B & W.
3. 1 x album.
4. CD return.
5. 2 x collages size 8″ x 12″.
6. Unlimited digital images captured.

BRONZE PACKAGE: $788.
1. 300 4R prints with borders.
2. 1 x album.
3. CD return.
4. Unlimited digital images captured.

WEDDING DAY PHOTO & VIDEO PACKAGES:

Elegant Diary Package $2288/- (Not applicable for David & Benjamin)

Photography:

1. 20 to 22 pages of 8 by 12 collages coffee table.
2. Unlimited capture of images.
3. All images return in CD.
4. Total 10 hours services.

Videography:

3. Label & cover design.
4. 3 copies of DVDs.
5. Montage highlight ( combine montages with express highlights for
video presentation during dinner.)
7. Video will be done by Professional videographer.

Avant-Garde Diary Package $1788/-(Not applicable for David & Benjamin)

Photography:

1. 4R X 400 prints.
2. 2 x album ( Day & Nite).
3. 4R x 25 prints in Black and White.
4. Unlimited capture of images.
5. All images return in CD.

Videography:

3. Label & cover design.
4. 3 copies of DVDs.
5. Total 10 hours services.
6. Video will be done by Professional videographer.

erinkgt

Hi Guys,

Can someone pls advise me what is photo montage???Should i go for PS or VG for the AD if i have a tight budget??? Any other type of services that i did not state???

Also, what type of questions or details should i take note e.g. returnable cd??? Hehe...Can someone advise me of the procedure?

My HTB was thinking of asking his friend to take our AD instead...But its one-in-my lifetime.... Although i am broke now, i was thinking of finding some afforable one for him to consider...

My AD is 16nov07 at Orchid Country Club. Pls email me at [email protected]
Thanks.

callyneo

Hi all, just to share that my photographer used Wifi technology on my Wedding dinner. Every photos taken were displayed on the ballroom screen within secs. My guest were being entertained with those photos taken on the fly... Now, he also used it in the morning for the bride to know how the groom had been tekan by the sisters outside. Now, bride won't miss out the fun. haha!