AD before Flat?

pebsb

Hi, has anyone gone through their AD and then settle their flat? As we are planning an Oct/Nov wedd (with solemn), we dont think we have time to settle our flat & renov in time. So we may stay apart after wedd, or weekends at each other (too lazy to move twice).
Alternatively, we postpone our wedding later (Jan-Mar 06), and settle flat first. But I really do love a yearend wedding, and Oct/Nov 06 is too long time away.
Can anyone advise pls?

flyn

Hi Pebs,

I've my AD wedding b4 getting my flat. Been staying with my parents and siblings for 2 years plus liao.

Well, either one of u move in together for a time being. It'll work somehow. Initially, my hubby was against moving into my family. He felt he's being married into my family. Somehow he still changed his mind and move in with me. He don't want us to stay apart and think why are we married each other for?

I'm sure u can work something out. For my case, it's a bit tricky.

pebsb

Hi Flyn

Thanks for sharing your case. We're planning to get our own place, but with our heavy work load and wedd plan, we dont think we can get everything (wedd, flat & renov) ready in time (too stressful & rushed!).

Was considering moving in with him, but I tot since we are going to move into our new place (within 1 yr), why go thru hassle of moving twice (got a lot of stuff!)? Agree that married couples shldnt stay apart..defeats the purpose of getting married? So maybe weekends stay at his place, weekday at my own...

Usually on AD, couples will visit both family and their new home. In your case, they visit your 'new room' at your parent's place? For my case, we may not have a new room cause no pt doing up since we will move into our own soon within 1 yr. Guess he wont have to carry his bride into the 'dong fang' :D

gin

Hi Pebs,
I tink you shld move over with minimum things. Its sad to see married couples to live apart leh.
Anyway I feel that without those 'hubby carry bride to room' like abit no meaning for the AD already...

whiteveil

Hi Pebs,

im sharing the same situation with you :p

initially we wanted to do buy a flat and renovate before our wedding in dec 04 but we couldnt fancy any flats and couldnt get a new flat too. in the end, we had our AD first before the flat and maybe its god's will, we got our dream flat in jan 05! New flat, high floor, 5 mins to MRT, corner with no morning/noon sun plus cheap too! thinking back, think we r rather grateful to god for making this arrangement. i mean...its not so stressful and costly if we dun have to do both at the same time rite?

as both our parents stayed rather far away from each other, his in West and mine in North. We decided to stay apart from each other during weekdays and together on weekends
happy.gif
i noe its bad but i dun really wan to stay at his parents cos its rather inconvenient. i dun think i bear to leave my parents too
happy.gif

currently we r in the midst of renovating our new home and expected date to move in should be in july or sep.

pebsb

Hi whiteveil

so glad to learn that someone else is in same situation as me! did you think you missed out on the groom carrying his bride into your new bedroom? Or did you do up his bedroom at his parents house to act that out? heh

Wow, it takes you abt 7-9 months to renov & move in (you found yr place in jan05). Didnt realize it takes that long to do up a place. Did you go thru an agent or find the place yourself? I havent started on anything, but thinking of finding ourselves rather than paying that 1% (a few k) to the agent. Hopefully the savings is worth the hassle of DIY-ing.

whiteveil

Hi Pebs,

for the 'xin fan', we did a simple room at his parent's place. We just bought a new bed, new mattress, bedsheets, curtains and paint the whole room. not really elaborate lar but still quite nicely decorated
happy.gif

I got my new flat from the WIS in Jan 05 but only got my keys this month. So now waiting for the HDB to do some touchup next mth....therefore reno can only start in may lor. we dun think that we can finish the reno before the ghost festival so might have to stop for 1 mth in between. Thats y i reckon that the hse will only be ready by sep.

pebsb

Hi Whiteveil

I see. Is it common practice to stop work during the 7th mth? I very suaku leh...
Was flipping thru papers for flats - wow headache! so many jargons & choices!!

whiteveil

yup....there's a lot of things to learn when i first started my hse hunting too! dun worry, u will slowly learn most of the things as time goes by. actually i dun quite understand wat im signing at the hdb there also...so many documents to sign! hahha
happy.gif
) i just trust the hdb and keep signing:p

let me noe if there's anything i can help ok? will try my best to help
happy.gif

pebsb

Thanks whiteveil, will appreciate! Went to view a few resale flats yesterday. Totally exhausted and more confused! But at least we have eliminated a few places which we know we dont want. Some of the estates we like are simply too expensive. sigh sigh.
Oh, the seller's agent said that while we didnt engage him, bec he has to fill up the paperwork with HDB, we still need to pay him commission?!? Im gonna verify that with HDB on Mon. Also need to check if there're any left over unwanted flats. There arent any WIS currently.

Whiteveil - where's yr new flat? How many rooms? I find the new flats are quite small, esp the rooms. imagine at brand new 5 room is the same size as a 4-room in the older estates.

No renov during 7th mth - is that the couple's wishes or the contactor?

whiteveil

Hi Pebs,

from wat i noe...the buyer will need to pay either 1 or 2 % commission of the selling price of the hse to the agent. this is considered as the recommendor's fee and also cos they need to help you do alot of paperwork. Currently no WIS from HDB but there is a balloting exercise goin on....maybe u wan to give it a try? the flats r all in popular estates, v near mrt!
happy.gif

mine is a 5room at Sembawang...110sqm. A bit too big for the two of us now but think should be just nice when we have kids next time
happy.gif
Last time when my husband and i were shopping for flats, we have agreed to get a 4room for resale or 5room for new flats cos nowadays, new flats r getting smaller
happy.gif

as for renovation in the 7th mth, its actually up to the owner whether they r superstitious or not :p

pebsb

Hi Whiteveil,

I just called HDB. No more Ballot liao..Anyway I no keen those mature estates on offer. Im keen in Seng kang, pungol, hougang. but only left 5E for SK and not near MRT
sad.gif

HDB say not sure when will have WIS/ballot SIGH

HDB say that the commission from buyer to seller's agent is optional. While its true agent will have to fill up & submit the particulars. But without the buyer's details, they cant close case also. So, if you certain you're the only keen buyer, and seller & agent want to close case fast, you put your foot down and no pay commission :p

afcai

balloting exerise is just over recently so one have to wait for next BE to be release after oct 05.(usually the thrend)

cocoberry

Hi pebs

i m in the same situation as u leh... intend to hold weddin in feb 06 then hse wud be here oni ard Nov 06... so we wud be stayin apart for quite a while...

sk2

hi pebs
mine is also ad b4 hse.. my hse will be ready only 2007. have u prepared ur wedding? book hotel or bs?

pebsb

comforting to learn more brides in same situation as me. Now thinking of postponing to early next yr as hope to settle flat earlier.

SK2 - not done anything! SIGH so many decisions to make
sad.gif

sk2

Pebs,
Dun be so troubled... jus do wat u like.. things will be straighten out by its own... cheers!
I'm oso toying with idea to stay at my place (myself) on wkday and wkend will go over to his place with his parents and brother.

emmie

Hi Pebs

I also had my AD before the flat. We stayed with my inlaws after our AD. It wasn't easy but we thought it makes more sense for us to be living together since we are already married. I just moved my clothes/shoes/bags/daily necessities over to my inlaws. Financially it's more ideal as it allowed us to go on the honeymoon of our choice and we didn't really had to take a loan for the renovation/furnishings when the flat came. And the biggest upside to it was that it allowed us to focus on one major event at one time. Real stressful to be planning your wedding, honeymoon and renovation at the same time.

cocoberry

Hi SK,

i also have the same thoughts as u leh... think wkday stay at my hse then wkend stay at his...

so when wud ur hse be ready?

ingenue78

hi,

i also had my AD before the flat. My new flat is only gonna come in 2009!!!! that's a long wait! in the meantime, we are happy living with inlaws. It's quite convenient actually...and being bz with our work lives, it helps that our need to do household chores are minimized!
Currently, we are staying at his place during weekdays and my place during weekends...

cocoberry

Hi ino

wow... 2009 is some time away. as for me the wait wud be a few mths... so in between think i have to make do with the single bed. cos dun think we want to spend money on a new bed... but kind of weird to squeeze in a small bed cos me n hubby are supersize hehe....

sk2

cocoberry
my hse will be ready by 2007...when is urs? where did u take?

ino
is ur hse duxton?

cocoberry

hi sk2
my hse wud be ready in nov 2006. hopefully it can be completed earlier so tt i dun hv to move in with the MIL... mine is at Punggol. urs?

ingenue78

hi sk2, so we r gonna be staying near each other! yup, i'm at duxton too! counting down to the days of getting keys...:)

sk2

hi ino..
which blk are u at? I'm at blk E, 4rm. In fact was surprise tat they can finish so fast.. like lego... haahha

cocoberry

hweiz,

I set up a forum in Edgedale Green... heehee... thought can get to know more ppl from the forum who stays there... 1 2 chat there better
happy.gif

cocoberry

Hweiz,

where u stayin now and where ur in-laws stayin? i m stayin in serangoon central now and in-laws in toa payoh

deremi

hi all,

i also had my AD before the flat. My new flat is only gonna come in mid 2006!
so after my AD we will be living with in-laws. It's quite convenient actually...and being busy with our work lives, it helps that our need to do household chores are minimized!

lilic

hi hi

i am planning to have my AD with or without my new place... end 2006... my new place may not be ready by then... not sure wat we are going to do... but confirm not staying with my in-laws... hee

yen2

Hi SK2,
Happened to come into this forum... I'm also staying in Blk E leh... which floor u got?

yen2

I'm on 30th floor ... so happy to see that they are already starting work on the site.. hehehe...

sk2

i'm 53.. y i ask is bcos my 1st choice was 30-53 n 15-53 either one.. then was thinking of 30th that morng.. end up the q no b4 us took it.. hahahah.. so when u tell me 30th ... i was like..hmmm.. dun tell me so conincident.. hahaha

yen2

wow, luckily I'm not the one who snatch that unit from u... hehehe... so yours facing the CBD area? I dun like to face CBD ... coz in the end, got to settle for one with afternoon sun... my first choice was actually facing the sea... but din manage to get one on high floor.. :-(

sk2

y
end up tis thread only me n u.. hahahahah
ya... i oso like the bay window.. so i opt for 2..hehehhee.... are we expecting it in 2007?

yen2

yeah lor... only the 2 of us inside this thread..
so how's your design like? mine is the one that was show-cased... the S2 one... with planter in the living room...

i dunno whether we will get the flat in 2007.. but i also hope we will be.. seems like the contractor said that it will be able to complete the flats in 2 yrs' time.. dunno how long HDB will take to inspect them leh...keeping my fingers crossed that we will get our flats real soon...