Actual Day Schedule

kj2126

Hi All,

Can anyone share their AD wedding schedule. Having some trouble with planning the time as we had a few places to go just within the morning itself. Do we need to go to our new house on the AD or its up to us?

valchu

hi all
decided to start a new tread.. very new to this forum.. been browsing thru' for quite abit and reading the massive info... cant find actual day schedule format... could anyone help me here..
thanks alot..

cheerios
val

skittles

Hi, found this sample schedule in my folder .. hope it's helpful to you!!
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_pdf.gif
Actual Day schedule sample
WA_-_AD_-_Sample_Actual_Day_Prog-345767.pdf (31.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

For my AD this Sep, I am starting the day pretty late ... Hubby only due at my place at 11am, so I'm hoping to be able to have a good night's sleep and wake up a little later, so I won't fall asleep before the banquet ...

valchu

HIHI

THANKs for ur help man... as least i have some reference on what to do on my actual day....
and congras to u ... ur actual day is drawing near.. u must be very excited man....

skittles

Yup, still slightly more than a month to my AD. It's on 15th Sep. But have been really busy with my new house, so recently have not spent much time on the wedding. Most of the wedding stuff have been settled already, including my GDL! That's cuz my mom wanted the GDL to be done before the 7th month. Now just have to collate the guest list and seating arrangement. It's really tiring, so make sure you get ample rest as much as you can! When is your AD?

kj2126

Hi Girls,

Anyone going to your new house on the AD? I was thinking to skip my new house as I had other places to go but my relative say its a must to go new house to change into tea dress. So ma fan..

teho

Hi Skittles, my wedding will also start around the same time as you but few months later.. do share with me how your schedule go when your AD is over! Thanks!

kj2126

Hi Skittles,

Thanks for sharing, finally able to get a rough idea on the AD schedule. I have created the thread to get help, but to no avail.

By the way, anyone going to their new house on the AD? I have a few places to go n my PG is going off at 1 or 2pm, I am so worried that there wont enuff time as I am hoping to get some outdoor shoot. Anyone can advise me?

pigcess0322

Hi Skittles,
Mi very actually v confused for the AD schedule, so if my tea ceremony n my dinner is on different day, does i follow the schedule u attached aso?

skittles

Hi Beryberry,

I'll be going to my new house on my AD. The tea ceremony for my husband's family will be held there. Now that you've reminded me, my photographer might be going off at 2pm too ... which leaves me w/o a photographer during the tea ceremony at my new house!! I'll have to rely on our friends then to help us take pics, if my photographer is indeed going off at 2pm.

Hi Girl,

To be honest, I am not sure if you can still follow the attached AD schedule. Usually the tea ceremony and dinner are both held on the same day, but I guess u can be flexible in any way. Don't forget this is your once-in-a-lifetime wedding, so don't worry - just have fun =)

kj2126

Hi Skittles,

Oic, my friend did suggest me to have my tea ceremony at my new hse too, but dont think possible coz inlaw hse is bigger. My new place is just within walking distance, so worried that my gown will get dirty by the time I reach there.
Are we suppose to change our tea dress in our new hse before proceeding back to my mum's hse?

rasa

Hihi, this info may not be required.

Just to let you know that some MILs may want you to come back to the groom's place or the new house before proceeding to the hotel or place for wedding dinner.

My MIL sprang that "custom" on me when we were doing the actual day schedule. She's cantonese and she said that's the way.
proud.gif

Luckily, my house and my husband's house not that far away - 25 mins by car. If not, i peng san.

beryberry, yes, the tea dress should be changed before u reach ur mom's place.

kj2126

Hi lhm,
Thanks for the info. O...u mean after going to the brides hse she wanted u to go back to new hse? She didnt inform u before hand?

rasa

beryberry

My schedule for the day looks something like this
Step 1: Groom &amp; frens come to bride's place to pick bride
Step 2: Groom, bride &amp; frens go to groom's place for tea ceremony
Step 3: Bride changes into kua at groom's place and everybody leaves for bride's place
Step 4: Groom &amp; bride go to bride's place for tea ceremony
Step 5: Groom &amp; Bride go back to groom's place before going to hotel
(step 5 is becoz my husband &amp; I are staying at my in-laws place, we dun have new house. If you have a new hse, then maybe u have to go to e new hse if the old folks want it that way)

Tip: show the old folks your schedule beforehand and ask them for comments - dun ask them whether need to go to new hse beforehand, dun sabo yourself. If they dun have comments, or they say anything, then on the AD, if they suddenly spring any surprise on you, you can tell them, "sorry, too late. Why u never tell me earlier? We going outside to shoot photos, see you, bye!"
happy.gif

kj2126

Hi lhm,

Thanks for sharing, btw do u remember what is the time when u reach ur inlaws hse? Did u go for outdoor shoot?

rasa

beryberry

I think you are asking me for wat time I reach my inlaw hse at the end (aka step 5), rite?

Well, between the travelling (abt 25 mins by car between the 2 houses), waiting for relatives for tea ceremony, hanging out a bit at each place, about 1 pm. I think try and negotiate with your photographer on the time.
¯
Either that or shoot before the dinner - late afternoon light is quite nice, and ur makeup will be super new so will look nice.

kj2126

Hi lhm,
Ya. My PG leaving at ard 1 to 2 but i wanted to go Tanah merah to take some shots, wondering will there be enuff time r not

think_thrice

Hi gals,

My schedule will be:
1. Groom went to bride's house to pick bride
2. Bride &amp; Groom go to groom's hse to "bai bai". (before sunrise)
3. Bride &amp; Groom go back to bride's house for tea ceremony
4. Bride &amp; Groom to go back to groom's house for tea ceremony
5. If time permit, go to new house else straight to the hotel.

Anyone had the same schedule like mine?

samanlyt

Hi ladies

Just happen to c this thread. Just had my wedding last mth. My schedule is something similar to Think Thrice. This is what happened during my AD:

1) Wakes up at 4am
2) Make up artist arrive at 4.30am
3) Hubby arrive at 6.15am
4) Out of bride's house by 7am
5) Rch groom's house at 8am for tea ceremony.(auspicious time b4 9am). Bride changed to kua.
6) Head back to bride's house by 9.30am for tea ceremony and buffet.
7) Head to new home at around 12pm. Light lamp &amp; take photos. VG &amp; PG heads home to edit photos &amp; video.
8) Heads to hotel at 1.30pm. Rch at 2.15pm for check in.

I have a sample of my AD schedule. Got some from this forum too. PM me if you gals need a copy.
happy.gif

think_thrice

Vanilla, mine is slightly different. I had tea ceremony at the bride's house first and then go back to the groom's house. So now I'm wondering when I should change into kua.

samanlyt

Hi Think Thrice

Mine is b4 i leave my house, I have the tea ceremony for my dad, elder siblings &amp; sis in laws. Sort of pay 'my respects to them' cos I'm married out already. Then proceed to groom's house for tea ceremony. After tat change to kua, and go back to my family to have the tea ceremony for my relatives (uncles &amp; aunties).

So u mean ur tea ceremony will start from the brides 1st, then after tat the groom's side? If tat the case, you perhaps can choose not to have the Kua &amp; get tea dres instead. My gal frd practice the same as u do too, she wore the wedding gown, then leave her house, then rch her in laws &amp; change to tea dress and serve tea. After tat straight away proceed to hotel.

rasa

Hey, beryberry.

I just tot of something which may help you.... my step 1, aka groom &amp; frens come to bride's place was at 9 am. If your hubby come earlier, you probably have time to go tanah merah to take photos.

The dress for tea ceremony is tricky.... I tot that I have to serve tea in kua at both houses, but when I reach my in-laws place, the relatives told me I remain in my WG. Even my MIL was "Huh, you mean she dun change into kua?" There was some small discussion over I should change or not, so I stood in the living room, wait for the aunties to 'fight' it out (hee hee).

In the end, I asked my photographer, who is very experienced in weddings, what is the correct way... and it's serve tea at groom's house in WG, but serve tea @ brides's place in kua/tea dress.

Hi,

Any1 have schedule to reach in laws house at 1pm? will it be very rush, as there will not be enough time to return to bride's house for tea sessions.

have any1 have tea session at bride's house 1st, den to groom's house to have tea session, den change into tea dress n go to brides's house to sit sit.

rasa

hi, tasmania_ev.

I tot the tea ceremony has to start with the groom's side usually. You want to check with the elders whether you can do the bride's house first?

Don't want you to plan in vain.... what if you plan nice nice, then the in-laws object to you serving tea at groom's place.

I've only come across cases where the tea was served at bride's place coz the groom was not from singapore and all the groom's relatives just came to bride's place to be served tea or the couple served tea at the hotel. It's always been tea is served to the groom's side first rather than bride's side.

samanlyt

Hi Rachel/lhm

I scheduled to reach my in laws house b4 9am. So according to cantonese traditions, I have to serve my parents &amp; elder siblings tea before leaving the hse. Sort of thank them for bringing me up and 'bid them goodbye' kind of thing, as explained by one of my relatives. But I only serve tea to my own family members, the relatives will be after we finished the tea ceremony at hubby's side.

Rachel is u r considering serving tea at bride's house 1st, you may wanna check wif ur hubby's/in-laws side if they mind or not.

Hi, Ihm / Vanilla,

Thanks for your advice.

Actually, my FIL oso say tat we shd serve tea at bride side as in olden days when the in law stay very far, travelling back n fro will take a lot of time.

But if i oli serve my relatives after the groom house, will be ard 3pm+, which i scare i don have enough time to rest...

The date n timing calculation by the geomancy is tat i k oli reach my in law house at 1pm.

babymoonflower

Hi can i check with you all,

Does anyone here have ur Wedding &amp; ROM held together in a day?

If that so care to share the schedule?

As I'm planing to held both on the same day but I duno hw to plan.
After the groom fetch bride liao should go ROM 1st or go for tea ceremony 1st? (coz as the auspicious time to follow) as I duno ROM will need to wait how long for it or is there a fixed time?
If tea ceremony then ROM before we held our Wedding dinner isit ok?

brownger

Hi, I'm planning my wedding schedule and its getting all confusing. I've some questions which I hope someone will be able to help:

1. When do you eat the "tang yuan"? At groom's parents place or at our bridal home?

2. Do we go back to bridal home after tea ceremony at groom's place or after the tea ceremony at bride's parents place?

Thank you!

shan3

Hi Babymoonflower,

I will be having my AD and ROM on the same day..

The outline of my schedule is as follows (i have just discussed it with my parents and MIL today):

1. Bride (only) to have meal (breakfast) with bride's family after the make-up and all. Do prayers (we honour Chinese gods at home)
2. Groom to arrive to pick up bride.
3. Couple to arrive at groom's parents' house for prayers, tea ceremony and light meal.
4. Couple to leave for new house (couple new lovenest)
5. Bride to change into kua, couple to light the lamps and place the necessary stuff (e.g. red packets, sugar canes etc. on bed)
6. Leave for bride's parents' home.
7. Have tea ceremony there. Also to have the "tang yuan". Lunch reception.
8. Go back to home/ hotel for a rest.
9. Make-up and get ready for ROM followed by dinner.

Hope it helps.

babymoonflower

Hi shan3

Really thanks for your help.
happy.gif

gratz to you too.

So now i know that ROM can be donw after tea ceremony then it will be more easier to plan liao.

Thanks again shan3

plasterbride

hi gals, need some advice from you all.
have you all come across having both the groom's side &amp; bride's side family to gather at just one place - our new home and proceed with the tea ceremony - to save time ???? is this advisable ???

anyone can share their AD schedule with me ? appreciated !
happy.gif
[email protected]