Actual Day Itinerary(Gatecrash+ROM+Dinner)

miyabikkg

Hiya, I'm trying to come up with my actual day itinerary (based on the template from Singaporebrides).
Appreciate if anyone can help take a look and advice if I missed anything or if it is too rushed?

We're doing gate crash and tea ceremony in the morning, ROM before banquet.
Our solemnization and banquet is at Keppel Club, it doesn't come with a hotel room for the night, but we booked a hotel room nearby to rest at before and after the banquet.

5:00 AM Bride wakes up
6:00 AM Makeup artist arrives to do hair and makeup
6:30 AM Groom wakes up
7:00 AM Bridesmaids arrive to prepare for gatecrashing games
7:00 AM Groomsmen arrive at groom's house
7:30 AM Photographer and videographer arrive
7:30 AM Groom's entourage leaves for bride's house
8:00 AM Bride should be dressed. Photos with parents and bridesmaids. Gatecrash preparations should be completed.
8:00 AM Groom's entourage arrives, gatecrash begins.
8:45 AM Groom gains entry to the bride's room; photo-taking
9:10 AM Couple leaves for groom's house

9:40 AM Couple arrives at groom's house
9:50 AM Couple serves tea to groom's family; photo-taking
10:30 AM Bride changes into Kua
10:45 AM Couple departs for bride's house
buffer time for above activities Detour for photoshoot if time is available
11:30 AM Couple arrives at bride's house
11:40 AM Couple serves tea to bride's family
12:30 PM End of Morning
12:30 PM Lunch buffet at bride's house. Sisters/brothers free to go except helper party helping bring things to hotel/banquet.

2:00 PM Couple and helper party depart for Hotel
2:30 PM Check-in hotel, wash-up. Rest.
3:30 PM Couple and helper party leaves for Keppel Club
3:45 PM Couple and helper party arrives at Keppel Club
4:00 PM Make-up for Couple
4:10 PM MUA to arrive at home to help mothers with make-up
5:00 PM Bride/Groom Parents to depart home for Keppel Club
5:30 PM Photographer arrive
5:40 PM Bride/Groom Parents/Bridal Party to arrive for ROM
5:45 PM Solemniser arrives
5:45 PM Place ROM certificate on the table with pens
5:45 PM Line up for processional
6:00 PM Emcee announces start of solemnisation ceremony
6:30 PM End of solemnization
6:30 PM Photo-taking
6:45 PM Start manning reception table

6:45 PM Cocktail commences
6:45 PM Guests start arriving, to be seated
7:00 PM Final sound and visuals check
7:20 PM Guests to be seated
7:20 PM Inform banquet manager of guest attendance and when dinner should commence
7:30 PM Emcees to welcome guests and play childhood montage
7:35 PM Emcees to invite guests to stand and welcome couple. Cue first march-in song
7:35 PM First march-in and cake-cutting ceremony
7:10 PM Emcee announces commencement of dinner
7:40 PM Reception table to close
8:00 PM Best man's, maid of honour's, fathers' speeches
8:00 PM Bride to change into evening gown
8:30 PM Emcee to announce morning highlights video
8:35 PM Second march-in and champagne toasting
8:40 PM Bride and groom speeches
10:30 PM Clear up once dinner ends

eang18

If you would like to have outdoor photo time, best is plan for it into the plan - that would ensure the PG & VG also prepared, and the route catered for.
To avoid the heat and sun as much as possible's to do the photo taking first, then proceed for Tea ceremony :)

Example:
9:10 AM Couple leaves for Photo-taking venue i.e. Botanic Garden, Barrage
9:40 AM Arrive for Photo taking venue
10.40 AM Couple leave for groom's house
11:00 AM Couple arrives at groom's house
11:15 AM Couple serves tea to groom's family; photo-taking
11:45 AM Bride changes into Kua
12:00 PM Couple departs for bride's house
12:30 PM Couple arrives at bride's house
12:40 AM Couple serves tea to bride's family
01:30 PM End of 1st Half

miyabikkg

If you would like to have outdoor photo time, best is plan for it into the plan - that would ensure the PG & VG also prepared, and the route catered for.
To avoid the heat and sun as much as possible's to do the photo taking first, then proceed for Tea ceremony :)

Example:
9:10 AM Couple leaves for Photo-taking venue i.e. Botanic Garden, Barrage
9:40 AM Arrive for Photo taking venue
10.40 AM Couple leave for groom's house
11:00 AM Couple arrives at groom's house
11:15 AM Couple serves tea to groom's family; photo-taking
11:45 AM Bride changes into Kua
12:00 PM Couple departs for bride's house
12:30 PM Couple arrives at bride's house
12:40 AM Couple serves tea to bride's family
01:30 PM End of 1st Half
oo thanks! I slotted in the photoshoot timing randomly because I wasn't sure exactly when is a good time for it... is it necessary though? Time seems abit tight...

coldjade

oo thanks! I slotted in the photoshoot timing randomly because I wasn't sure exactly when is a good time for it... is it necessary though? Time seems abit tight...

I was thinking the same. If outdoor shoot is necessary when we already plan to take outdoor pre wedding shoot. But my friend who just had her wedding say the feeling on the actual day is different, and also you get to include your bridesmaids and groomsmen aka your bffs.

But if time is super tight, then maybe dont need to travel to a certain location? Maybe can do around the house, or hotel etc.

Loveinstills

Loveinstills Photography
Hiya, I'm trying to come up with my actual day itinerary (based on the template from Singaporebrides).
Appreciate if anyone can help take a look and advice if I missed anything or if it is too rushed?

We're doing gate crash and tea ceremony in the morning, ROM before banquet.
Our solemnization and banquet is at Keppel Club, it doesn't come with a hotel room for the night, but we booked a hotel room nearby to rest at before and after the banquet.

5:00 AM Bride wakes up
6:00 AM Makeup artist arrives to do hair and makeup
6:30 AM Groom wakes up
7:00 AM Bridesmaids arrive to prepare for gatecrashing games
7:00 AM Groomsmen arrive at groom's house
7:30 AM Photographer and videographer arrive
7:30 AM Groom's entourage leaves for bride's house
8:00 AM Bride should be dressed. Photos with parents and bridesmaids. Gatecrash preparations should be completed.
8:00 AM Groom's entourage arrives, gatecrash begins.
8:45 AM Groom gains entry to the bride's room; photo-taking
9:10 AM Couple leaves for groom's house

9:40 AM Couple arrives at groom's house
9:50 AM Couple serves tea to groom's family; photo-taking
10:30 AM Bride changes into Kua
10:45 AM Couple departs for bride's house
buffer time for above activities Detour for photoshoot if time is available
11:30 AM Couple arrives at bride's house
11:40 AM Couple serves tea to bride's family
12:30 PM End of Morning
12:30 PM Lunch buffet at bride's house. Sisters/brothers free to go except helper party helping bring things to hotel/banquet.

2:00 PM Couple and helper party depart for Hotel
2:30 PM Check-in hotel, wash-up. Rest.
3:30 PM Couple and helper party leaves for Keppel Club
3:45 PM Couple and helper party arrives at Keppel Club
4:00 PM Make-up for Couple
4:10 PM MUA to arrive at home to help mothers with make-up
5:00 PM Bride/Groom Parents to depart home for Keppel Club
5:30 PM Photographer arrive
5:40 PM Bride/Groom Parents/Bridal Party to arrive for ROM
5:45 PM Solemniser arrives
5:45 PM Place ROM certificate on the table with pens
5:45 PM Line up for processional
6:00 PM Emcee announces start of solemnisation ceremony
6:30 PM End of solemnization
6:30 PM Photo-taking
6:45 PM Start manning reception table

6:45 PM Cocktail commences
6:45 PM Guests start arriving, to be seated
7:00 PM Final sound and visuals check
7:20 PM Guests to be seated
7:20 PM Inform banquet manager of guest attendance and when dinner should commence
7:30 PM Emcees to welcome guests and play childhood montage
7:35 PM Emcees to invite guests to stand and welcome couple. Cue first march-in song
7:35 PM First march-in and cake-cutting ceremony
7:10 PM Emcee announces commencement of dinner
7:40 PM Reception table to close
8:00 PM Best man's, maid of honour's, fathers' speeches
8:00 PM Bride to change into evening gown
8:30 PM Emcee to announce morning highlights video
8:35 PM Second march-in and champagne toasting
8:40 PM Bride and groom speeches
10:30 PM Clear up once dinner ends

2hrs for make up is a tad tight as most will exceed, end up you may not have enough time for veiling shots and photos with "jie mei" indoor, for outdoor shoot, if you are not constraint by any 'auspicious' timing, then consider doing it as early as possible (ie, enroute to groom's place), at least everyone is still fresh and energetic plus the morning is not that hot yet. Also, you will still be in your white gown. Another thing to note, wear flats so that you can walk comfortably as chances are your heels wont be seen anyway.

Last edited:

miyabikkg

I was thinking the same. If outdoor shoot is necessary when we already plan to take outdoor pre wedding shoot. But my friend who just had her wedding say the feeling on the actual day is different, and also you get to include your bridesmaids and groomsmen aka your bffs.

But if time is super tight, then maybe dont need to travel to a certain location? Maybe can do around the house, or hotel etc.

I see... ya I was thinking since got PWS already maybe there isnt' a need to take photoshoot on the day itself, what you say about how taking a shoot with bridesmaids/groomsmen is true...

miyabikkg

2hrs for make up is a tad tight as most will exceed, end up you may not have enough time for veiling shots and photos with "jie mei" indoor, for outdoor shoot, if you are not constraint by any 'auspicious' timing, then consider doing it as early as possible (ie, enroute to groom's place), at least everyone is still fresh and energetic plus the morning is not that hot yet. Also, you will still be in your white gown. Another thing to note, wear flats so that you can walk comfortably as chances are your heels wont be seen anyway.

Thanks for the advice!!

oo I saw online that most pple put around 1.5-2hours for make up. I guess I should prepare more time for it then~.
We dont have any auspicious timing actually, so we can start any time we like, I was just thinking not to start too early since it will be along day, but on your advice,I think I will put in more time for make-up and also push the outdoor shoot earlier.. Any advice on how much time I should prepare for the photoshoot? We're having 5 groomsmen and 5 bridesmaids.

Loveinstills

Loveinstills Photography
Thanks for the advice!!

oo I saw online that most pple put around 1.5-2hours for make up. I guess I should prepare more time for it then~.
We dont have any auspicious timing actually, so we can start any time we like, I was just thinking not to start too early since it will be along day, but on your advice,I think I will put in more time for make-up and also push the outdoor shoot earlier.. Any advice on how much time I should prepare for the photoshoot? We're having 5 groomsmen and 5 bridesmaids.

around 45min - 1hr shld be enough as the videographers will seize the chance to get more footages for your same day edit. in between takes, they will probably split you guys up to do the 'brides and her bridesmaid' shoot as well as some solo shots. chose a location where you guys don't have to take a long walk to get to.

eang18

Be Creative on the location, and find one along the way enroute to the groom place etc a fav ice cream bar, small cafe, else the regular haunts like Keppel Bay, Parks, shophouses at Amoy or even quiet part of Shenton Way during weekend ... certainly there’s a place close by be sure to have a plan b if your 1st choice is an outdoor venue, just in case it’s rains... so have a outdoor and. Indoor location. On hand

eang18

Thanks for the advice!!

Its tiring for the bride and sisters, family if the make up starts too early, as there are other stuffs like combing the hair to be done hence it’s important to strike a balance ... in any case ... many MUA has surcharge for before 6am Session.

One thing we have done for a recent wedding was to run a few things on parallel :)

1. MUA makeup starts at 6am
2. VG and PG arrive by 7am and shot the sisters preparation and the bride makeup
3. Groom arrives at 7.30am for gatecrash (VG and PG shot the process)
4. 8.00am groom and bro proceed up for final challenge, VG and PG proceed to shot veiling of bride, parents and bride hugs
5 815am groom do the declaration love pledge, enter room

This way, you can still make it :)
It’s important to identify a loud and extrovert on both bride and groom side to be the timekeeper hence everyone can be reminded on the timing

Cheers!

miyabikkg

Be Creative on the location, and find one along the way enroute to the groom place etc a fav ice cream bar, small cafe, else the regular haunts like Keppel Bay, Parks, shophouses at Amoy or even quiet part of Shenton Way during weekend ... certainly there’s a place close by be sure to have a plan b if your 1st choice is an outdoor venue, just in case it’s rains... so have a outdoor and. Indoor location. On hand
Ah.. thanks! It didn't occur to me to find somewhere indoors as well. Shall think about it ;x