ACKERMAN

apple_88

Hi gals,

Have anyone ever bought your furniture from Ackerman before? I saw a few very attractive beds and still thinking whether to buy anot. pls advise. The shop is located in Toa Payoh Central.

apple_88

mushroom,

wat you think of the bedframes? i think the prices are quit reasonable. I may go down with my hubby tonite.

kitty24

Gals,

I just bought a Sealy Mattress and a royal bedframe from Ackerman. The price was quite reasonable and also the fixing up and delivery was quite timely. My dear and I was quite please with their service especially when the sales person follow up with a call to check whether everything was ok.:)

xueping

hi june, what is ackerman operating hour ?
happy.gif

neil

i went to search for ackerman yesterday but cant find it in tpy central, can someone enlighten me pls ? tks.

mushroomberry

My renovation is not done yet. Still hv not buy any bedframe. Your bedframe delivered? Any problem so far? You get queen or king size and at wht price. Can take a pic I would like to look at it.

Thanks

apple_88

ya...its above the lingerie shop:) same floor as sakura and k-box. Mushroom, mine is a king size bed...will be delivered in mid-nov. let mi hav ur email, i will send u the picture after its delivered.

irenep

Hi,

Went Ackerman yesterday thinking of getting a Simmons mattress fm them & the model that I want is abt $4000 plus after disc. The bedding consultant recommend me another mattress that is so much cheaper (abt $1900) saying it is also a very good 1.

Hv anyone heard of this mattress brand called REVERIE latex top mattress ? Think it is fm Swiss...

yknchell

Hi Irene,
We have been using the mattress REVERIE with latex top for 1 yr already.. No complaints bout it... nice to sleep... My hubby and I just can't bear to wake up on weekends. This mattress seem to be able to "suck" you into in.... try n u know what i mean.

irenep

hi YK & Chell,

Thanks for the assurance !!My hubby & myself did try the mattress REVERIE at their showroom & my hb loves it after "sleeping" on it for abt a few mins.. so decide go for it instead of gng with the initial plan to get a simmons

jem

Hi All
Just did a purchase there. a sealy imperial award.
Sales staff are not pushy, i am comfortable with them. With regards to their pricing, guess the golden rule is to shop around and check out their pricing. Guess with retailers like harvey norman(millenia walk) robinsons & metro(tampines) having different promo at different time, it is hard to say who is the cheapest. Guess it is not helped by the various house brands these retailers have...

storeberry

Hi can I ask if the Reverie Indr Pocketed Spring mattress is the same as the latex top one? Tim told us that there is 2 inch latex top shrink to 1 inch & a layer of cooling foam. Is it the same? If yes how much did you are got it for?

dave_ng

I just found out that another name for Reverie which i bought from Ackerman is also known as Max Pocketed Spring with Synthetic Latex Top.
Reverie is the House Brand by Max for Ackerman.

janton

Hi, also thinking of going down to take a look at the Sealy and Simmons mattress.
Is their place big? Do they display alot of mattress? Do they have installment plans?

cha_alex,
Does your mattress come with 2 pillows and mattress protector?

clara_ong_

I went down to ackerman yesterday.there is no sealy there anymore the sales consultant show me somthing.erm i better dont buy that brand .there are simmons and serta n kingkoil there.I bought a serta michigan .good mattress with very thick pillow top quite firm also very comfortable. price are very competitive i survey lots of places for these two brands but the price i m very comfortable with at tis shop.most importantly the sales person is very professional excellent!!! even robinson sales person nt as good as them this is the first time i met up with such good customer service their approach is different from others is nt a sales approach they dont force lehz erm...like a bedding doctor.haha shld try at this shop pple

we are looking at the serta michigan as well. do you know which US model does it equate to? cannot find any info on the net on it. and maybe the models are totally different anyway

I know the top layer is some kind of foam and then there is a belgian latex layer. (not sure how good it is)

and the springs are some form of spring.. inner spring?.. cannot remember..

lastly, the salesperson mentioned about the lower layer having some kind of suspension.. which I think is the StabL-Base Triple Beam Foundation.. errr.. just a guess.

correct or not?

clara_ong_

Hi Bini,

I got queen michigan at $2899 with free bedframe. freebies of 4 pillows, 1 sheep and 1 protecror. Wat you think of their service? Who served you? I was served by Eileen and was told by her tat michigan price is going to increase anytime. I was considering alabama also but still prefer a non-flip. That is why i go for michigan. wat u tink of michigan?

michigan is rather new. Originally i wanted to go for alabama. But all the 'names' are confusing. There's an advert for missouri. WHat's the differnence? anyone knows?

cha_alex

if you like serta, i think better go to taka. it is cheaper i think. i did ask before. But for simmons, ackerman still offer the lowest so far i compare

clara_ong_

I saw the advertisement on the classified also missouri that is offering at 2699 right?? but like dun have bedframe lehz.I called Ackerman and ask when i saw how come michigan that i bought have the same outlook as missouri.the difference is the coil height as what the customer service officer said i call serta head office also it said the same thing.But u c if plus bedframe huh is more expensive lehz.if i were u i wld still prefer the one with the better spec..

nat_bleu

hihi
Anyone bot Simmons Platinum King size mattress from Ackerman & Smith? My hb bot one fr them at Expo showroom for $2199 c/w 2 deepsleep pillows & mattress protector. Is this price reasonable? Also, how much would a bed frame cost?

sharebear

Hi Nattie

I also bought the same mattress fr them at toa payoh 2 wks ago at 2200. i went robinsons & taka see, but didn't hv this model.

nat_bleu

hi Jac, yah. I dun c this model else where too. I went Simmons Gallery & they dun carry it too. They say got Beauty Rest range is v.wide & some made in different countries. I din go & find out more from Ackerman. As long comfortable with the price & quality can liao. =)

clara_ong_

well,if i dont remember wrong simmons platinum is the highest range of two sided mattress for simmons beautyrest the sales person told me.Ackerman is the sole exbitor for simmons n serta new product like the simmons platinum n charleston have nt got out to the market yet still under them ba so cant find it probably.For simmons n serta they r probably the best price coz % less can ply ard more. special privileage i think.they have full rebate for prices so dont have to worry ba..no harm taking a look

clara_ong_

well let me give u all some advices i have done research for the 3 Ss(simmons ,sealy,serta).

For simmons they r renowned for the support for their original pocketed coil technolgy .Simmons is the first that bring in individual pocketed coil decades ago it is the orginal only orginal pocketed coil are pre-compressed. I know u all dont understand. For example when we pre-compresses a coil from a 7 inches(Simmons have the highest coil height in the market) to a stardard height simmons set, the coil actually will be insisting on getting up so we slp on the mattress we can feel the support.Imported from USA,Japn,Korea,Canada,OEM malaysia,OEM China n OEM Thailand

Sealy entered Singapore market not very long Sealy are renowned for their Posturepedic coil we call it open coil all the coils are fully connected with wire.Posturepedic coil have sensory arm n triple off set it is said to be able to adjust to the correct alignment for our body.Sealy mattresses are mostly very comfortable.Sealy is the world's best selling mattress. Total Sales figures (world no. 1) Sealy + its two other sub companies.Sealy also have very wide price range(cheap to very expensive)as compared to Serta n Simmons.Most range Asemble in Thailand.Only some Unicase(expensive) from USA

Serta is the youngest in Singapore mattress industry compare with the other 2.Serta is renowned for its mira coil technology is also name open coil fully connected with wire among the coil, n their comfort level for mattress.If serta says it is no.2 no one dare to compete with it for comfort level.But Serta these recent years did come out with their pocketed coil series for their mattresses.Serta did also won the title (We make the world's best mattress).Most range asembled in indonesia. practise OEM(original equipment manuafacturing).Some from USA.

Well If u wanted support higher can go for Simmons,if u wanted Comfort level higher go for Sealy or Serta open coil are used to make soft n comfortable mattresses.If you want support n no motion transfer between u n ur partner can go for Individual pocketed coil.If u only more concern about enjoying of comfort level 3 minutes before u slp u can go for open-coil Sealy or Serta.Only Simmons USA range can be compatible to Sealy n Serta for the comfort level.If u r more concern about the 8 hrs of sleep u will need good support u can go for Simmons.Choose a mattress according to what your needs.Hope it will help u to choose a mattress wisely

merz65

hi, today i also ACkerman , went in cos my WTB saw e relax chair at display so went in to look.
e sale staff's friendly n very knowlegable abt e products.not pushy too. we chat abt 3 hrs plus sitting on e bed ,talking abt almost everything,
lastly got e serta maryland,bedframe n e relax chair.over all still happy with e service, hope their after service
is good too.

yayaneko

Hi all
anyone has purchased the model - Night Vision Special Edition from Ackerman?

Any comments on this mattress? my HTB likes the firm mattress. If anyone bought it, can you let us know what price you bought it at?

do email to me: [email protected]

Thanks thanks.

chandra_tay

hi all,
i went to the expo with my hubby in may to compare simmons n sealy we do like respective models frm the 2 brands.nv bought anything from there sales staff were pushy.last weekend we went down to the respective shops to recall the feel of what we tried, b4 making any decision .at ackerman we were served by a staff unique name best lee.settled with simmons platinum plush partly due to the service provided real patient nt pushy we are comfortable with him.anyone bought this model any comment? cheer^^

jerome_lee

Hi Chandra, my WTB and I went down to Ackerman yesterday after chancing upon their banner outside blk 190.

We were also served by Best Lee. Was recommended the Simmons Night Vision. Like the firm support for my lower slipped disc (back). Was told by Best Lee that he wasn't there most of the time and he can give us a good price. Not really pushy and knowledgable.

But it was the 1st time we went see the mattress and we didn't buy. Went to Marina Sq to the Simmons Gallery (served by Aloysius) and Serta showroom. Pretty tempted by the Simmons Tribute Push ($2,350 after discount) and Serta Elegance ($2,300 incl. bedframe).

Which one should i choose? Need to buy prior to July for new flat now renovating. Budget should be less than $2500 incl bedframe.

jeinthi

anyone using maryland(inhouse brand) from ackerman? pls comment on this mattress pls, thinking of buying it. thanks!

jeinthi

they quoted $2275(Queen) with bed frame and bench. i find the mattress little firm and alabama too soft. i need one before July end. Apple u found any other better offers? buy before July else price will increase they said.