Account suspended

qianhui

Hi ChinLeng,

May I kindly chk with you why was my 'korisuisho' account being suspended? And I've emailed you quite several times without any replies..

I was only trying to organise a overseas spree on OPI and I doesn't owe that shop in US.

We still paint our nails and I thought it should be ok for us to buy cheaper OPI nail polishes from overseas spree?
And in order to have the amount to get cheaper shipping rates, we need large amt like 50 bottles.. Thus I was setting up a spree so we can get our own cheaper polishes.

I doesn't buy the cheap polishes and then resell them at a higher price like what some other forumers had done.

The account had been with me for very long and it's like my identity.

IF, Overseas Sprees are not allowed, you should at least inform me of that and then remove my thread instead of simply removing everything. I've got others spreers info in the thread and now, my thread had simply been removed without informing me at all. All the details were lost and others will easily think that I'm a irresponsible organiser who simply MIA. I've been in the forum for quite some times and doesn't haven any problem til this issue.

You have a thread like 'Overseas Spree' in SG Motherhood, why not have a 'Spree' in SG brides to cater for a different target group?

Really appreciate if you could reactivate my account.
Thank you!

feltan

Hi Chin Leng,

Think this is the 3rd or 4th time i kenna suspended under different username. I did not use your forum to post or sell my service. Why do i always get suspended for nothing?

Kindly advise.. There's always this message

"Your account has been suspended by board moderators. For information, please contact a moderator. You are not permitted to log in until this matter is resolved."

Becoz i notice that you always take very very long time to look into "suspended" accounts but very fast in suspending accounts, i always give up contacting the moderator.

But i guess it's a little bit too much already. Would appreciate if you can look into my case under "RoyalElite" , "Petitemaiden" & "Feltan" . Thank you!

annesepnew

Hi Chin Leng,

I have also sent you several emails to activate my suspended account. I tried to change my email address but accidentally closed the window by mistake. when i tried to log in again, it prompt me that my account has been suspended. can you assist to activate back my old account?

My account is Annesep. thanks in advance!
happy.gif

taime81

Hiya,

I was kind of confuse. Is conducting spree allowed in this forum cause i saw many people gathering order and post spree things in the maketplace thread? And a lot linking to their own site too for preorder.

mico

hi Chin Leng,

I am currently using my friend's account to write this msg. My account has been suspended but i do not know what rules i have violated. Pls advice. My user is vios29. Thanks.

piggy12

HI Chin Leng,

I believe many of us experience a/c being suspended but have no idea why? YOu mentioned no advertising or doing business but is spree allowed?

To be fair to every1 I suggest that before you actually suspend our a/c could you please at least sent us a warning first and not suspend it immediately? At least we know what we post has violate the rules n regulation.

ling8

my previous account is suspended for NO VALID REASON! I did not even post anything, just trying to clear my clothings!

I agree with piggy12 "To be fair to every1 I suggest that before you actually suspend our a/c could you please at least sent us a warning first and not suspend it immediately? At least we know what we post has violate the rules n regulation."

fairysparkle

I totally agree with both Piggy and Ling8, I've had my account suspended as well.

If organising spree or selling is not allowed than might as well take that category off instead of being "sneaky" and suspending our accounts without prior knowledge. And when we email them they don't have the audacity to respond.

If the moderators want this forum to be a profit generating business than impose a fee to post items for sale like what they do on ebay.

I do not only use my account for selling stuff but also am involve in other threads of discussion. Having to create a new account over and over again is frustrating.

ariesta

hi all, i had my acct suspended b4. hence i understand ur frustrations. however, chin leng was very fast in replying me (within the same day). i believe currently she could be busy in tis festive season, hence may take a longer time to reply you. dun let ur frustrations spoilt ur mood. plus she is the only moderators.

d1amondss

fairysparkle,
just FYI, this is what i learn the hard way, as I had my acct suspended before also:-

1) Sprees are not allowed
2) Selling for profit is not allowed.

fairysparkle

Mulberry, that's pretty obvious but how can so many other members conduct the same spree and sell the same items as you but only your account is suspended?

Sometimes I feel that the moderator is bias in this instance. And how would the moderator know that you are selling for profits when they dun even investigate? So the moderator obviously get inside info from "spies"

ling8

I am not even conducting any spree! I am just selling off my excess clothes that I can no longer wear. So what is wrong that I have to be suspended? I have only 1 thread that I maintain. So I cannot be accused of 'messing' the forum right? I see some people here got TONS of thread that makes the forum so 'MESSY'. But these people are well kicking alive!

Email the moderatores to find out why my acccount is suspended till now also do not bother to reply?!

This is really getting very upset.
kao_cry.gif

fairysparkle

Ya exactly there are some members with up to 10 threads selling items and they do it like constantly and yet they are still around? Is that fair? Is'nt that being bias? How do you then justify for suspending another person's account? When you ask them they just ignore you? How rude is that?

ling8

Ok, CL has replied.

BUT Chin Leng, as stated in my email, I did not promote any services nor business. I am only trying to clear my clothings. If so many people can sell their bags and clothings, then why are their accounts not being suspended? Why mine? Because someone is jealous and report me?
sad.gif

ling8

I still believe reason should be given for the suspension. And suspension means it can be given back to the account holder.

Suspension is not equal to Deletion.

jasmine23

ling8, @ least u got a reply... i have act posted in this thread a few times.. look under 13,16,28 may 07 & july 19... but, till date i have yet receive a reply...

yenney

I'm still waiting for a reply too. My a/c wasnt being suspended but my thread was being deleted for posting to sell off some leftover contact lenses at a loss. I saw similar items posted in the Marketplace but only mine was being deleted. So strange. Can someone kindly advise me...
kao_sad.gif

On the other hand, I have to agreed with ling8 and fairysparkle. There are so business threads, spree threads and also members' selling off their unwanted items, but why is some being deleted or suspended and yet so many others can keep on posting and posting? Totally confused...
kao_confused.gif

fairysparkle

Dyen I'm equally as confuse, why have a dedicated thread for selling stuff but when you do so your account is suspended. Just does not make sense to me.

freedom3939

Hi Chin Leng,

May I know why all my previous account (eg freedomcreator & freedomcreator3939) had been suspended. I had followed what all other thread starter do.

Yet their account had not been suspended when they written "reposted" and "upz!" on the thread. I really cant understand why is always me lo.

Please enlighten me. What had they done which i did not.

cutie1302

Hi Chin Leng,

I'm using my sis's account to write this msg.
PM you earlier but didn't get any reply from you. Just wondering looking for only body shop foundation case pun kena suspended? Why so many people selling clothes, handbags, these kinds of things also not related with bridal things, wedding stuff rite? How come their account still active but me only looking for a case but kena suspended? Pls advise. My userid: marycfl

hk08

Hi Chin Leng,

Currently i am using my friend account to write this message to you.
I want to know why is my account user name : hkaz being suspensed ? i had send no of email to you for help but neither one of your staff or you reply.
Would appreaciate very much to recify it and inform me why it is my account being suspened.
pls reply to me via my email [email protected] and act on it fast.
i am very disappointed of this service

bridethisyear

Hi Chin Leng,
I found that the FioriBridal thread was removed in the last few days. May I know the reason behind this? As far as I know no one has advertised on it, it's just customers sharing on the BS. Thanks.

sweetrain

Hi

Can I just check exactly would lead to acc suspension? Let's say I bought too many thing from a spree and wan to sell them...allowed? I feel that selling or exchanging "leftover things from weddings" could be better specified...so if anyone has any bargain or lobang....totally out of qns to post or discuss? Bulk purchasing is also a kind of bargain...i think....

naga05

hi all,

my user id : valenitez , i'm currently using my hubby account. Jus wanna noe why my account is suspended. my thread is only sharing my view on a very gd photographer & videographer & i just wanna thank them for a gd service & let others know bout it too... so wads the reason in deleting my thread & suspended my account????

can i have an explanation???

Best regards
val

naga05

hi all,

Can anyone just reply????

my user id : valenitez , i'm currently using my hubby account. Jus wanna noe why my account is suspended. my thread is only sharing my view on a very gd photographer & videographer & i just wanna thank them for a gd service & let others know bout it too... so wads the reason in deleting my thread & suspended my account????

can i have an explanation???

Best regards
val

elmoht

My friend's acc was suspended & she didn't receive a reply for her email enquiry to u last week. Please check. Her nick is Vamiga. Thanks!

bbrown

Hi Chin Leng,

My friend's (henjimo) account was suspended & she didn't receive a reply for her email enquiry to u last week. Kindly check thanks!

j_camomile

Hi Chin Leng,

Mine too. I'm registered as oceanmist & I'm only selling off clothings which I bought from sprees but not suitable for me, just like everyone else. Not doing business at all in any way so can I know why my acct has been suspended? I do hv 2 pcs of clothings (mini-skirt & long jacket) in 2 different colors which I bought from past & current sprees but realised I did not hv a chance to wear them after purchase so tt's why letting go to clear off my wardrobe, mayb tt's the reason why u (or someone else) think that I'm doing online business selling ladies clothings when in fact I'm not. As such, do hope u can kindly verify & re-activate my acct soon. Thanks!

janec88

suan le bah.. nobody will reply on WHY the account been suspended. lots of them selling bags, clothing from spree still can survive but for us to re-sell / let go the extra pcs of items or clothing that not suitable at a lower price, all die! really dont understand how the moderator judge. both of my friends' account been suspended for unknown reason!

j_camomile

Yes, I also feel that something is wrong somewhere. Heard a lot of misjudged cases recently & no further action/explanation has been taken. In the past, cases like this was minimal & even so, at least replies & justifiable explanations were given. Just feel that for innocent people like us who's just trying to clear/re-sell our items, the moderators here shld exercise better & more accurate judgement before they decide to suspend any account. No one feels gd to be wronged.

bbrown

wow looks like many here are experiencing the same fate as my friend.. i'm pretty new to the forum but Jane u mean the moderator will not clarify on why the account was suspended? I think they owe users an explanation rather than just suspending the account without any valid reason. Its pretty unfair if thats the case! Hope the moderators will give all of you a good explanation soon.

bbrown

I am confused..Does that mean the moderators don't do an investigation and just delete base on a user's words?

j_camomile

No idea now. I guess they just read thru & remove/suspend any possible business/advertising threads & users w/o further investigation & verification, otherwise those affected wld have be informed & we'll not be posting our doubts here
sad.gif

j_camomile

Btw, did anyone realise there's no been posting from Chin Leng since May 22? Is she still with SGbrides btw? Just feel strange cos there's no response from her after so many postings from the folks here, cos usually she will reply to everyone's query.

janec88

hi camomile, chin leng is he not she.
ref to your earlier post, felt that those user who reported business thread, self advertise really kaypoh. they really so free to report this report that. will they get any repay or any rewards on the actions done?

mng78

Dear all,

I faced the same problem as you all too. My account was suspended overnight without notice nor explanation. I emailed the moderator a few months back to find out what I had done to have my account suspended. Till now, no reply.

Then I registered for a 2nd account. Within weeks, it got suspended too. Same thing happened. No notification/reason from the 'invisible moderator' why my account got suspended. Emailed to him/her for explanation. Not surprising, no one replied.

Checked out a few threads on posts from the moderator, Chin Leng. Her latest post seem to dated back to Aug 2006.

Is this website on autopilot? Who's been updating it if it's not the phantom moderator?

j_camomile

Hi Jane,
Ya I know paiseh type too fast earlier & keep thinking it's a girl :p

And yes, if u do a search on this 'web..' person, u'll realise that he/she is the main 'reporter' & created this acct just for this sole purpose, cos I cldn't find his/her post anywhere else at all. Really can't believe it!

Maggi,
I managed to trace bk to his last post on May 6 '08.. not May 22 paiseh see wrong yr earlier:
http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/2/664150.html?1210065959#POST2908095

I also suspect there's another moderator behind this & not Chin Leng cos most of thse probs seems to be happening only tis mth & he's not responded since May 6. I did emailed Bee Lee @ SGMotherhood but no response too. Seriously, I really dunno what is going here now.

janec88

according to this link , http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/2/296975.html?1148026196
whoever been suspended, he/she should be received an notification email. excuse me chin leng, for my friends, they do pm you & email to you, but never get a reply from u nor received any notification letter for suspending their account.

Chin Leng (chinleng)
Intermediate Member
Username: chinleng
t
Post Number: 2801

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 1:54 pm: Edit Post Print Post
Hi all,

Apologies for not responding to your messages earlier as it had been a very hectic period and it continues to be so. I'll do my best to address everyone's queries here.

As we rely mainly on advertising revenue to keep the portal running and to cover the operating costs and would like to keep the forum a place for couples to share about wedding preparations instead of becoming an online classified ads, it is thus imperative to remove promotion of own products or services if the originator is not an advertiser.

As time goes by, self-promoting messages are no longer as obvious and has gone covert. Many promtoional messages are made in the guise of recommending products or services or posing as customers sharing experiences.

We would then have to rely on whatever is available and our experiences to decide if a message is to be removed. We apologise for the occasions when we've erred in our decisions.

In general, if a user has been found to have violated our terms of use, he account would be suspended and an notification e-mail will be sent. If notification e-mails were not received, please feel free to send e-mail to us for clarifications.***