Account suspended

U

u advertise, u should be banned!!

handmade earrings, obviously you are doing business here... Come on lah, this is SB forum, not somewhere for you to earn $ from here.. Think you can sign up another account to advertise your business again lah

A

acct being suspended -csllim40

hi u advertise, you should be banned,

tks for the information.

- Ching Leng. I am not really doing a bsuiness, just helping a friend to sell her earrings as she is doing it on her own leisure time.

If it is banned in the first place, i wouldnt never posted on the net. I guess the tone that you r putting across is that I had done something bad which i found it offensive, sad to say that. Pls do not assume that ppl r out there to make business. It is sometimes purely for interested. Anyway there will be no more posting for me.

Thks for the clarification.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Csllim40,

You are welcome. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

omelette

Hi Chin Leng,

I have written to you twice over e-mail but to no avail. In any case, I wrote a thread on the videography section asking about TR3ASURE PRODUCT1ION...I'm thinking about using them as my videographer and I really want to hear reviews or ppl's take on them...

unfortunately as I was submitting that thread, I found out those two words have been banned, which explains why I replaced the 'E' with '3' and the 'I' with '1'...and that thread has been pulled...

I don't really care about who's banned or not, but I just want to know is it bad that TP was banned, are they a good company, please e-mail me to [email protected] if you have any info on them

Thank you

omelette

Hi Chin Leng,

I have written to you twice over e-mail but to no avail. In any case, I wrote a thread on the videography section asking about TR3ASURE PRODUCT1ION...I'm thinking about using them as my videographer and I really want to hear reviews or ppl's take on them...

unfortunately as I was submitting that thread, I found out those two words have been banned, which explains why I replaced the 'E' with '3' and the 'I' with '1'...and that thread has been pulled...

I don't really care about who's banned or not, but I just want to know is it bad that TP was banned, are they a good company, please e-mail me to [email protected] if you have any info on them

Thank you

D

dun.noe.why

hi chin leng,

my user id is roooller
received an email fr the moderator that my account is suspended?
may i noe why?

D

dun.noe.why

hi all,

for those kanna suspected b4.
how long will it takes to reinstate the account?

B

blur man

Hi Chin Leng,

Ive also got my account suspended which i already got a reply on the reason... ive also explained to the moderator but have yet to get a reply fm her... i do not noe wat is the status and my account have been DEAD since the 8 May...

appreciate your help to look into this for me can? your help is greatly appreciated!!

username: glad12

M

my_acc_ is_suspended

hi Chin Leng,
my account has been suspended... i've sent you two emails and I am still anxiously waiting for ur reply..Please reply my email soon.. thanks

user name: scarlet_ribbon

X

xiaobai_

my acct is suspended and i've not rc'd any reply too..

user: xiaobai_et

X

xiaobai_

Hi Chin Leng

wat biz have i post to make the acct suspended? And i think to make it clear, u shld remove out the marketplace and exchange thread if u think ppl cannot post to sell their stuff. It's unfair to everyone cause u ppl started to give this thread for ppl to post, then on the other hand say cannot sell and suspend ppl acct. Unless u are telling us this thread is for beautifications on this forum only. Tat's weird!!

In addition, you've not tell us how we can reinstate and is just replying wat's the cause, you mean there's nothing u can do to help? You ppl shld be fair. If u think u are busy to nab one by one, i'm sure u can easily remove the whole thread and suspend all then under the marketplace and exchange corner.

M

my_acc_is_still_suspended

My acct has been suspended b4. I dunno if i accidentally advertised anything this time (to my knowledge, i did not.) Even if i did, it must be an misunderstanding between us, becos since my first time, i am very very careful about what i say. I am in this forum for genuine purposes, such as wedding planning? my own planning? So why would i risk being suspended?

Rather than suspending the poor users of this forum that unwittingly (like me) post something that looks like an advertisement, dont suspended their account and stop them from posting and chatting with other brides (or grooms) to be. Why dont you just delete the posts that u feel have some advertising intent, then send an email to the user to alert them. If the user continues to post such advertisements and chooses to ignore your 'warnings', then g ahead and do your job, ban them. Or do what xiao bai suggests, move that thread to marketplace. (thats what market place is for right?) If market place is not meant for selling or advertising services,then get rid of that portion entirely.

My main purpose in here is to chat and find out more info and deals. I'm sure its the same for most of the other members in here. Is it wrong of me to post an answer to a members query about services and contacts? I have benefitted alot from the advice of other BTBs too.then what for have a forum where we can only talk about authorized advertisers?

Summary: be objective. one of the many duties of a moderator is to search for any unauthorized advertisements right? Then delete that posting, not the user. (if u feel u must, send a email to that user to 'warn' them, and to bring to their attention that you consider that to be advertisin. The word "Advertising" can have so many definitions. My definition may be diff from yours. How can users be banned just cos of a simple issue like different definitions of words?

I hope the moderator(s) will heed my suggestion. We all want to use the SIngaporeBrides forum to share our news, joys and sometimes good lobangs. What for make it so ugly..

just a reminder: my ID is scarlet_ribbon

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Xiaobai and Scarlet_Ribbon,

As posted in the category of Marketplace and Exchange Corner, "We have set-up the Marketplace & Exchange Corner, for the wedding couples to sell or exchange items. As this is set-up for the wedding couples, we do not allow advertisements of services by merchants or businesses. We reserve the right to remove any posting."

The marketplace is meant for genuine wedding couples to sell-off their leftover items from their wedding. We don't allow anyone to use the forum for their own business as we depend advertising revenue to cover the operating costs of SingaporeBrides.com.

We have set-up the marketplace and exchange corner to help wedding couples. We wouldn't want to close it down.

We have tried removing the offending post ane e-mail the originator. Many times, we get more spamming after we have alerted the originator that we've removed the inappropriate post. This created more work for us. We have no choice but to take the current approach. It is not something we like to do, but many business owners have abused the forum and we are forced to doing so.

We appreciate your understanding. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

M

Hi Chin Leng, appreciate your reply and explanations..

"As this is set-up for the wedding couples, we do not allow advertisements of services by merchants or businesses. We reserve the right to remove any posting"

Can I use this line to explainand help me with my reactivation of account? I dont know what i have posted that may lead you to think that I'm advertising my business.
1:If u want, i can give u my name and NRIC for you to check with the registry of companies. Neither am i a shareholder in any company.
2:I also never receive any emails from the moderators to 'warn' me of posting such advertatory posts.
3:I am considered a 'wedding couple'. i'm getting married end of this year, do I need to show proof of this too?

I understand how hard all of you are working, helping to check the forum for any offending posts, and protecting the rights of the advertisers, but maybe you can consider other options and ways to tackle this problem. You said you can source out offending emails and delte them. Great job on that (since there are so many posts!) if they still choose to go agains your rules and regulations, then susped them.. then block their IP address if u feel unsafe,But of course, you have to follow up with emails explaniing your actions. Then if further action is required, then its up to you what you want to do.. I dont know what you'll do then, becos i dont think i will take it that far, cos i sincerely want to put my posts and chat with other couples getting married/ married.

If i've accidentally posted anytihng that is in violation of your terms and conditions, I offer my apologies to the team at SIngapore Brides, and the advertisers (if my post is threatening to their businesses). I want to clarify with you now, that I do not have any business/ sales intent when posting in this forum. Please reactivate my account so that this forum can serve its main purpose, as a portal and resource for wedding couples, such as me!!!

ID: scarlet_ribbon
(I still dont know why my acc was suspended. maybe you can reply via my two emails that i sent you since my account was suspended. )

THank you very much and i hope you will accept my explanation and apologies and reactivate my account soon?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Scarlet_Ribbon,

I'm sorry that I'm not able to reply why your account was suspended. Your account was deactivated by my colleague. Both of us have been busy and been out on meetings the past few days. This is why there was a delay in resolving your query. We are sorry about that.

My colleauge should be able to respond to you today.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

rains

Hi Chin Leng,

Looking at your replies to agitated users, I must say you are one patient and gracious soul. I'd thought that their messages to you might invite some nasty replies from your side, but surprisingly, you've always kept your cool and answered the questions amicably. I thought that's very professional.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Xiaobai,

I've sent an e-mail to you. Please take a look. Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Rains,

Thanks!
kao_biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

M

no lah Rains... Chin Leng is a nice guy lah, although my account is stil suspended and i am getting impatient, but no grudges against chin leng, hes nice.
=)
eh, me not saying this to get reinstated hor, just my thoughts.

J

jo an na

hihi

me also got suspended
paiseh...coz i advertise...duno the rules...can

my name and id is joanna

J

jo an na

hi Ms Chin Leng,

got no reply from you.

How can i get my accouny un-suspended?

J

jasang

Hi Chin Leng
My user ID/name is jasangcy
WHen i wnna log in and find my account is suspended? After I share the details how much my dad paint my friend and relative house. BUt I was ignorant abt charge was not allowed I was just trying to help those needed painter and are tight budget. I was wrong then, but you cant jus suspend th eaccount rights, I am geeting married next year and will need to see info and ask advise in this forum, and arent this forum is?

I have sent you an email dated 28.07.06 It show wher ei am working and my company, I hope you and the forum or other boards of moderators can understand wher I am coming from. If I really wanna sell and earn money will I come to this forum, Yahoo auctions is better and faster. I was just purely putting up info I know hoping to help others.

I will like to have my acc back, and will please get back to me thanks v much.

my user name is jasmine, ID jasangcy.

J

jacqueline chan

Hi Chin Leng,

My account has also been suspended.....
I also don't know what led you to think I was running a business. I have posted on the Forum before. Perhaps it's just the way I worded my posting.

Pls advise how the suspension may be lifted.
Thanks

J

jasang

doesnt seem to have any reply =( can i have my acc back please... sob sob

A

acct_suspended

Hi;
My accounts are being suspended as well...

IF you think that we should not sell anything over at this web..then u shldnt even have any marketplace in the first place
And I think even if you should suspended the account, and we have dropped u a email, you should have replied ours emails instead of choosing to ignore it.
I hope that you should at least tell us what's happening?
A marketplace that you cant sell anything???
This is weird!

P

perspectives_suspended

Hi

My acc was also suspended due to the "*" on the post I guess. I'm guilty of such post but very much due to the ignorance of such act. There's no rules and regulation thread in this forum to ensure all users abide to it. I'm only 3 days old in this forum
sad.gif

I guess the moderator can do better by sending email to warn users who have unknowingly committed a wrongful act instead of a hostile punishment of suspending the acc.

I like to propose a "Do's and Donts'"thread to be started for all new users of this forum.

I guess educating the forum user will in the long run enable the forum to be well organised and a better place for all users.

Pls provide details how I can re-activate my acc. I have not receive any emails from the moderator thus far.

Tks for all the services and efforts rendered.

User ID: Perspectives
email: [email protected]

I

i am so sorry

Hi Chin Leng,

After running through some of these threads on certain dos and don'ts on SB, I realised that I have actually committed a serious crime in advertising my hobby of jewellery making and my creations for sale. Prior to my account suspension, I was totally unaware, and I saw many similar postings like mine on marketplace and I monkey-see, monkey-do, not realising that I have flouted the rules.....
proud.gif

I have emailed u 2x (or 3x)to explain and apologise, and hope that as a 1st-time offender, u would be more lenient..pls forgive me, and I hope to have my account back as I'm still in touch with many BTBs i got to know during my wedding prep in SB!!!
Pls accept my sincere apologies, and any inconvenience caused is unintended....Assured no repeat offence....

So....pretty please, can i have my account back? (haven't receive any replys for my emails to u at all)

my userid:widowwitch

S

sincere apologies

Hi Chin Leng,

Understand that my account is being suspended.

Would appreciate if you can advise me what wrong doings that i may have done unwittingly.

I sincerly apologize for my wrong doing and hope that as a first time offender, you would be more lenient and also perphaps advise what i have done wrong so that i won't make the same mistake again.

my userid : dOlPhInE

tudox

Hi,
Reading all these suspended accounts...

My suggestion :I think perhaps you could consider just deleting the posts which you think are not advisable on this forum?
I think the boundaries may not be clear enough and ppl have their different opinions. So how about just deleting the posts and maybe email the user NOT to post the SAME message again?

I mean, sometimes we may find a good deal which may benefit other wedding couples. Would that be wrong to post?
Plus, i believe in singapore, cost is a big issue to all young wedding couples as budgets are tight...so finding a good deal/bargain is of some importance to this forum. no?

It would be easier for future wedding couples to compare what wedding couples spend and their hurdles and experiences. That is also why this forum is populated right.

ngfifi

Hi Chin Leng

I would like to check out the possible reasons of how my accounts would be suspended in this forum

Previously, i had some postings which the content was to offer a car rental services to prospective couples-to-be but i realised the thread was being removed and my account was suspended thereafter

I had also tried to pm you and the administrator but i havent been hearing from either of you

I would really appreciate your advice so as to avoid the same things from happening again should i like to open a new thread on the services offered

Kindly email me at [email protected]

Your prompt reply is greatly appreciated

Thank you

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jen,

In total you've 3 accounts suspended for advertising your services in the forum. One of your account even spammed as many as 40 messages in a day.

Please note that only an advertiser is allowed to promote their services in the forum. You may also like to refer to the terms of use at,

http://www.singaporebrides.com/terms.htm

Section: 4.a.xii and 4d.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Hi Chin Leng,

My user ID is: YCA. My account is currently being suspended. Can i kindly know what's the reason as i really cant figure out what i done wrong. Pls let me know where i gone wrong, so that i will know abt it and stop doing it. And what should i do to get my account back? I also had previously email u twice but havent got an reply from u. Hope to get yr reply asap as i really like to have my account back. Thanks in advance.

jasmine23

Hi Chin Leng,

Y is my account being suspended? Can i kindly know what's the reason as i really cant figure out what i done wrong. Pls let me know where i gone wrong, so that i will know abt it and stop doing it. And what should i do to get my account back? I also had previously email u but has yet receive a reply from u. Hope to get yr reply asap as i really like to have my account back. Thanks in advance. Pls reply to [email protected].

my userid: jasmine23

thanks

jasmine23

hi Chin Leng, my acct is suspended and i've not rc'd any reply yet.... hope to hear a reply from u real soon.....

thanks

user: jasmine23

beatrice

Hi Chin Leng,

Should apologise here a lot of us is really getting a bit too much with this forum. My account is being deactivated because I am trying to help my close friend in getting some business in this forum.

Wondering if S'porebride site staff would be kind enough to send us warning letters before deactivating our account.

Promise will not post any business stuff in the forum anymore.

By the way, would like to know the advertising cost of placing a small banner inside this site. Do u mind sending me the cost list.

by the way my deactivated account user:pony_pang

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Beatrice,

I'm sorry that we don't have the resources to send a warning email first. There are just too many business owners and service providers abusing the forum. We already don't have enough time to remove the postings and suspend the account. When we send prior warning emails, we've users who actually went on to spam more messages in the forum thus creating more work for us. We've no choice but to suspend without warning. We appreicate your understanding.

For advertising enquiries, please email to [email protected]. Thank you.

P.S. For enquiries of suspended account, please email us and don't post in the forum as we'll removing this thread soon. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jasmine23

hi chin leng, i have pm, sent u e-mail n leave my msg here on queries y is my acoount being suuspended... But, till date i have yet to receive a reply from u. pls do reply. thanks

my account is jasmine23

ngfifi

Hi Chin Leng

My frz has set up a acct. However, it was being suspended for no reason

Cld u kindly advise why?

Her user name was angel_s

Thx

loveisintheair

Hi Chin leng, my sister's account was suspended. She would like to know why. She did not sell anything in the forum? Her ID is ivorygown

kisses0912

Hi Chin Leng,

My account has been suspended and I've emailed to you but did not received any reply till date. Can you advise why my account has been suspended and return the account to me as I'm negotiating with other sellers and I cannot get to them.

It is not fair to us as users of Singapore Brides who was not notified at all for the suspension as we are also trying to negotiate with other sellers.

Hope you reply me vis email whic I've sent you and kindly activate my account.

User: kisses912

jasmine23

hi chin leng, i have pm, sent u e-mail n leave my msg here on queries y is my acoount being suuspended... But, till date i have yet to receive a reply from u. pls do reply. thanks

my account is jasmine23