Account suspended

R

revlis_block

Hi hi

i know this is not an appropriate place to post but this is the only place i can post with my registered nick and password.

can anyone advice me? my acc has been suspended and i have email to the moderator but have not received any reply from them for 3days already. what should i do? and i dunno wat cause my acc to be block
sad.gif

R

revlis_block

hmm but i saw someone advertise leh.. that why i follow and that person wasnt ganna suspend leh
sad.gif
not fair

alhana

hi revlis

Was there a reason given for the suspension? I think the moderators will respond..just give them some time. Being the year end period, everyone's probably extra busy.

R

revlis_block

hi alhana

nope no reason given
sad.gif

and i have sent them two emails.. hope they response to me soon

R

revlis_block

hihi yule no har not beauty products.. part time job
sad.gif

so many ppl advertising part time job so i also lor but me ganna suspended.. i didnt know is not allowed leh

yule

har? part-time job ad also cannot meh?
i thought it was those unfinished beauty creams u told me last time!!

R

revlis_block

hmm but i saw other ppl post liao still can post reply in that thread leh.. their acc not block mah
sad.gif

S

suspend 2

dun think moderator will reply ur email..
my a/c hv been suspend since July, also send him several email (more than 10email), till today NEVER received single reply from them...

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Revlis,

I'm sorry that your account was suspended and thread removed as you were promoting your business of being able to get certain category of products at lower prices. As there are more and more people abusing the forum by promoting their business or services here, we've not been able to respond to your queries in a timely manner. We are sorry about that. However, please note that our priority is always given to wedding couples who support us and who genuinley require our assistance in the forum matters.

We also don't send a prior warning e-mail as experience has shown us that this only encouraged the user to post even more messages in the forum which requires more effort and time for the moderators to clean up the forum.

Please note that as we rely on advertising revenue to upkeep the portal and fund the operating costs of the portal, we don't allow business or service providers to freely abuse the forum.

Please also note that we are not just moderators in the forum. We are also involved in the running of the portal. Your first e-mail to us was on a Sunday which is our rest day. Your second e-mail was on a Monday when I was out whole day on both Monday and Tuesday for meetings. I'm sorry that your e-mail was not replied earlier but as more people start abusing the forum, more of our time is spent in removing the posts and threads that abuse the forum.

I would also like to take this opportunity to clarify that we don't allow postings that promote earn-as-you surf kind of scheme. The user usally tries to earn referral fees or credits through the forum. That would be abusing the forum too.

Suspend 2,

Please provide your user name and I'll help check. Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

L

la la la

hi chin leng...

my account is also suspended. Can you help me check? Thanks

nick: lala

S

suspend 2

wow... the moderator fast response today.. so next time we jus saying something 'bad' behind him , sure will get reply... hahaha.. jus kidding..

Chin Leng,
jus email to [email protected], pls check n wait for ur reply then... Thanks
happy.gif

aquarius_888

heheh becos I go tou fong bao xing to moderator. kekekek

No lah just posted this thread to a place where moderator will take note more often so he can reply faster to you all.
happy.gif

yule

hi revlis

oic...next time create your blog to advertise lah...And is it possible to create another userid?

Btw, how was the Biotherm sale u wanted to go?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Yuletide,

Even if another userid is created, it'll also be suspended.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

R

revlis_block

hi Chin leng,

thanks for your advice but i see ppl posting the same thing and they arent block, that why i post cos i thought is not an offence.
could i ask why arent they being block too ?

how could i get my account to be activated again? pls advice?

R

revlis_block

hi yuletide

not bad hee bought some more products.. line peel set with serum and lotion.. faint.. haha waste money again
happy.gif

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Revlis,

Like I've said before, we've limited resources and we are a few responsibilities then just moderating the forum. If you do see any other threads, please feel free to let us know the exact location of the threads and we'll investigate.

Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lala,

Er... the lala user in our database is not suspended. Can you please confirm? Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

A

account suspended

Hi Chin Leng,

Why is my account has been suspended?

Rgds,
Judy

A

account suspended

Forgot to state my user id.

Username : Judy_lsk
UserID : Rusty_Piano

Thanks a million!

L

love story?

Hi Chin Leng, wondering where is the "Love story" by wendy tan, who posted everywhere in the thread, why cant locate liao?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Love Story?

We've removed all her duplicated threads and consolidated all messages to her thread here. We would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that deliberate spamming and posting duplicated threads and messages are strongly discouraged. Appropriate actions will be taken when required. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Grace_lyn,

Please wait for the response from our moderators since you've already e-mailed to us. It does not help if you post it in the forum as most of the time I'm not the one who removed the messages and the moderators do not check this portion of the forum.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

J

jimmyll

Your "moderators" are worse than the censorship board. I contribute to this forum, giving advice on a regular basis and has more than 100 quality postings. But my account was suspended just like that, and I don't know what happened. You should be aware that the revenue for your portal comes from this forum and this forum exist because of users' contribution, yet you are treating your users like dirt.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jimmyll,

Care to share your login name so that we can investigate as "jimmyll" is not in our database? Anyway, you may like to know that our revenue is not derived from the forum but our advertisers' listing in our directory. Many of our advertisers' know that the effectiveness of listing their services in the directory and have continued to advertise with us for many years.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

J

jimmyll

Companies pay to advertise in your directory because you have an active forum - they know there are people are visiting this site. Your forum is active because of users' contributions. Surely you know this?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jimmyll,

Many genuine wedding couples visit SingaporeBrides.com for the information provided in the portal. The forum is just one of the features that we have and we appreciate the support of genuine users who visit SingaporeBrides.com, be it the forum or not.

As you've not provided your username, I won't be able to provide the reason why your account has been suspended. However, in most instances, accounts are usually suspended as they've abused the forum by advertising their business or services in the forum. This is strongly discourage as stated in our "Terms of Use", section 4.a.xii.

As you've clearly stated, our clients advertise in our portal and we cover our overheads to operate the portal and forum for the genuine wedding couples through the advertising revenue. It is only reasonable that we do not allow businesses or service providers to promote themselves freely in the forum if they did not sign-up as an advertising client.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

A

account suspended

Hi Ching Leng,

How come i am still unable to log in since i thought the matter has been resolved already. Is my account suspended permenantly?

Username : Judy_lsk
UserID : Rusty_Piano

A

account suspended

Since i had already explained that i didn't know 'looking for tenants here' are not allowed as there are several similar postings on the forum and i had already apologized to the moderators and promise not to post it again yet my account is still being suspended even after a week plus. Note that I had posted 400++ posts and suddenly without any warning, i am not allow to get back to the forum.. Pls advise with many thanks.

A

account suspended

Also i wish to clarify that i am not making any money out of here. I can only manage to make $ if there are ppl living in my room for a month. I am just trying to advertise here which there are lotsa ppl doing the same thing here too. Like many ppl asking : What is consider adverstising and what is not? It can be so confusing at times as we can always see ppl advertising everyday here... so sometimes we dun meant it as ABUSING the forum here.. Just that we do not know what is exactly allowed and not allowed. Without any first warning, our account got terminated for good! Lastly, if you meant to make me pay for ad fees in order for me to continue to post here, jolly well say so. Y state on the forum indicating : Your account has been suspended by board moderators. For information, please contact a moderator. You are not permitted to log in until this matter is resolved. *** How to resolve ?? ***
see below

This is my way of thinking which is wrong!!

1) i had emailed to moderators.
2) Got reply, understand the reason
3) Reply back with my reason and explaination, even apologize and promise no next time
4) moderators replied 'thank for understanding'

So what's now?? ACCOUNT STILL BEING SUSPENDED !!!

Dun make me wait for ages if you meant to make me pay instead. Thank you!

A

account suspended

Have to clarify again..

The above posts are meant for the moderators, not Ching Leng alone.

Thank you!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Judy,

We are sorry that your account was not reactivated in a timely manner. As I've checked with the moderators, the last e-mail correspondence was made on 26 Jan. It was very close to the Lunar New Year holidays and some of my colleagues are already on leave and that was why your account was not reactivated over the holidays. When we started work again last week, some of us were swamped by the work and the deadlines that were approaching.

After seeing your message, I've checked with the relevant moderator and your account has been reactivated immediately. I would appreciate that you do not jump to conclusions and make the unnecessary assumptions. We dedicate ourselves to provide a free service for genuine wedding couples and we worked very very hard to continue to do so. Your comments had been hurtful and discouraging. A simple e-mail to me or the moderator would have been sufficient and we would have immediately reactivate your account since it was ready for reactivation.

Also, it wasn't necessary to post so many messages in the forum as I can only type so fast to respond to your messages.

We have replied in a few occassions to prior queries of other users where we explained that due to our limited resources and to run the forum on the lowest cost possible and due to our past experiences, it was best to suspend the account first without prior warning. Many times, a prior warning only serves to alert the account owner to post more messages as the earlier messages have been removed by us. It is because of this, we have no choice but to stop sending prior warning e-mails.

Yes, you can see people advertising here everyday because many times, they are abusing the forum. We have to dedicate resources just to remove the messages. I hope you can now see why our resources are limited.

In any of our e-mail correspondences to you, we've never suggested that you become our advertiser because that is not our intention. We have never suggested that you should pay us a fee. We have explained to you why your message was removed and account suspended.

For the dictionary defninition of "advertise", please click here.

In general, any attempt to generate a continued source of income by promoting a product, business or servce, it is considered advertising.

Please feel free to e-mail me or post your message here if you have any further queries. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

judy_lsk

Hi Chin Leng / Moderators

Thank you for this fast reactivation of my account. Btw, I didn't meant to post 4 times. I tried to edit and summarise into one but can't due to password needed. And also i didn't really jump to conclusion as i waited 'patiently' for more than a week before i 'jump to conclusion' like you said. I apologize if my words are hurtful and discouraging. (I never thought to hurt or discourage anyone) I am just saying out what i felt 'initally'. (You may delete my above threads.) I would like to say i like to contribute in this forum alot and this is the 1st and only forum that i am into hence i got so upset when i thought my account of 'near to 500 posts' was terminated for good. The misunderstanding arise mainly due to 'in any of my e-mail correspondences to moderators' no one has told me that they will reactivate my account soon or going to. So since they never mention at all they are going to reactivate, i then 'assume' maybe they are not going to do so. And this is y i kept waiting and waiting till i got so fed up...

Anyway, it is over and i need to thank Chin Leng for this immediate attention and action and also thanks for the defination of "advertise".. Greatly appreciate it. I will be careful of my every posts next time so that the name of 'abusing the forum' will not fall on me again. Thank you.

A

a keen user

HI Chin Leng

Refering to your defin of e word 'advertise' u stated as "In general, any attempt to generate a CONTIUNED source of income by promoting a product, business or servce, it is considered advertising"

then can i sell of my hair accessories which are only 1 time cos i bought too much during a holiday trip?

i posted once n got my account suspended as well but luckily e misunderstanding ve been resolved n account reactivated.

i'm seeing posting 'worse than mine' yet they are still able to post so now i'm wondering whether can u 'enlighten' me on this.

also, i know you n those moderators have limited resources but do at least a knowledge e post to say u ve read it n considerating e 'next step' instead of no reply. If not we will assume our postings/ requests are being ignored.

Thank you

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Judy,

No problem. We appreciate your understanding. Sometimes, a short and simple e-mail to us would have sufficed. Please feel free to e-mail me or contact me again if you require any further assistance. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi A Keen User,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry that we would strongly discourage your selling of the hair accessories through the forum. There have been too many posts about selling accessories or other items which were by users trying to set-up a business here.

If you see postings which you think requires our attention, please feel free to send an e-mail to [email protected].

You may like to sell your accessories through Singapore Yahoo! Auction or eBay where there is generally a much wider audience.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

A

account suspended - ribena_sg

Hi Chin Leng,

I would like to check with you regarding my account.

I am not sure why I am bared. Can you please help
provide me with a reason?

If I have broken any of the forum rules, please
forgive. I will not do it again but first I need to
know what is the reason so I can correct it.

Thank you for your patience.

A

account suspended - ribena_sg

Hi Chin Leng,

I have sent emails to moderator but got no response.... can you please experdiate?

Thank you very much in advance for your quick response.
I appreciate it.

tissuebox1

Hi Chin Leng

Pls help to check why acc is suspended,

user id: tissuebox
user name: tissuebox

I have also email you but no reply.

Apprecaite your help on this.

wallflower

hi chin leng,

can give me sum background info as to y i couldn't enter my BS's name? Im very new to this forum, and its bizarre that my BS is sort of "banned". my BS is VC @ telok ayer street. hope u know which BS im referring to...

tks,
OL

A

acct being suspended -csllim40

Hi Chin Leng,

My acct is being suspended. I wasnt sure why it is being suspended as I posted some posting to sell handmade earrings.

I did saw some postings on the forum b4 I posted it.

Is there any agreement where it is clearly stated that we are not allow to advertise etc

Userid :csllim40