About Long John Silvers

sian_12

Would liked to ask has anyone been a Long John Silver's fan around Singapore...?

Coz..For sometime now I'm quite liked LJS's food...Y u may ask..?Coz cheap and okok to eat..Some more proportionate..But dun know is it the market that bad or wad but the combo 1 which is the 2pc chicken seems to shuo shui(shrink size)...?

Biangz..Worst then malaysian goreng pisang sia...around 2~3 inch nia...Eat wad sia..? One mouth can finish both liaoz..

Anyone got same encounter...?

coralfairy

& i missed my curly fries and waffle with butter and rootbeer float!!
happy.gif

ling0

I like LJS...but seldom eat liao after they shrink d portion...not very filling.....

Yah, miss A&W...curly fries and rootbeer float! Went to BKK in Mar...finally got to eat A&W there!

For waffle ice-cream lovers...can try Gelare instead...nice but find d price abit ex.....

sing_gunner

yap, i also like LJS food....the portion is getting smaller indeed, that's 1 of their way 2 'cut costs' hehe.

dun like some of the outlets' service....think some staff werent well-trained...:p

sleepysleep

i also like LJS food! but the food is getting smaller n smaller in size!

i also miss A&W curly fries, rootbeer flow! erm really no more already? the one @ lau pat sat gone? i long time didnt go there already.

tingz

Aiyo, talk about LJS my blood boil. Couple of weeks ago, my hubby & I went to this branch at marina sq and order the fries wif cheese dip. When the staff place the fries on my tray i got a shock, there are only a few, and i really mean a few small pathetic fries in the box!! When my hubby ask him "$2 for these few fries ah?" Then the staff jus add in a few more and glare at him! I really feel kana cheated
sad.gif

evil_dolly

Hi there,

I am a fan of their fries. However, I get disgusted by their hard-sell tactics at times. Many years back, I wanted to buy a regular coke from LJS. The staff told me they ran out of regular size cups and I had to pay for the middle size one. However, I see regular-sized cups right behind the staff.

If you are not a regular LJS goer, one may get 'cheated' by their staff. They will ask questions such as 'Do you want a 16oz pepsi? To me, this is a misleading question. Some of us may think of the question as the choice of our drink. And when you say yes, they will upgrade your meal. I rather they asked straight to the point questions like BK. The staff will always asked you for your upgrade option.

juaries

agree with chelsa!

their value combo A price is ard $3.30 .. comes with a small drink.

the staff will always ask u "do u prefer a regular or large drink?" of course, most pple will answer "regular" .. thinking that Regular is the advertised size. BUT ACTUALLY, their question is to mislead u to UPSIZE the drink, thus u have to pay $3.60 for the combo A, instead of the advertised $3.30.

it happens ALL THE TIME. some pple will blindly proceed to pay the extra 30 cents, w/o even checking where it come from. but definitly not me.

*shake head* .. why must a reputable company scoop so low to mislead its customers?

jasz

i agree as well. that's why whenever they ask regular or large, i always say "i want the smallest-size drink". this way they have to serve me the standard meal and i dun care if their upsized drink is regular, large or 16oz. hehe.

chng

Agreed, agreed! I also almost kena cheated by their reg drink, thinking it is the smallest size. Then I ask her to change to the smallest drink upon seeing the big cup....

Their 2 pcs chicken like chicken strips instead!

evil_dolly

The size of their chicken is getting smaller too ya. I avoid patronising them now because I think they are not service-oriented. I am not sure if anyone notice it but they tried to cut cost by giving forks only. Its only when you asked, then you will get the plastic knife. There was once I want mayo to go with my fries, they refused to give it to me. They told me that they only give mayo when we order fish and chips. But when I order fish and chips, they insisted that they only give one packet of mayo!

judy_lsk

All the above happen to me too...I was shocked when i was given 2 mini pcs of chicken when i paying $3 +. I questioned the crew and in the end they gave 1 extra mini chicken. Management really sux!!

chat

I experience the encounter when i request for more mayo too...

Wonder why they are so strict about that.

Sob sob... but I like their food.

popel

Hi Juaries,

exactly..they always try and cheat.... but doesnt work for me..i always remain " I WANT THE 3.30 ONE!!!"..haha..always works...

evil_dolly

I went to try their treasure meal or something, the one with rice with fish/shrimp/chicken. Wl.... for the first time in my time, I tasted fish with such overpowering fishy meal. eekssss.

blissfulme

hmm.. JLS standard dropped drastically since my sec sch days (like 10yrs ago).. nowadays, portion is miserable (thou the price is okay)..and they always 'tricked' u into upsizing the drink..dun like such tactics...

sushibella

Besides all the above that happened to me also, their staff (bishan outlet) like to mop floor (quite regularly) when u are eating n still at ur seat!!! It's not that there is a spill or wat..it's getting irritating as their outlet is so cramp & stuffy.

Their mayo used to be pkt one..now they've changed to dispenser type only give u a few pumps lor.

TO THE MGMT who might be reading this..
it's high time u guys do something to retain ur loyal customers!

muffin_bear

Like their tasty batter... but cant stand the "regular / large" tactic!!! think we stupid??? and the soft drink usually "no gas", taste terrible! dunno deaf of what, told them combo 1, just give whatever included in combo 1 lah!! sometimes ask, do u 1 green tea or ice lemon tea? feel like punching them! worse is the service, bad n slow, and i saw 1 woman dig her nose at the counter!

Like that, food tasty oso no use...

samgirl

i agree that ther service are not realli good...and they keep getting my orders wrong...i usually ask for more crumbs and they tend to forget about that..so i'll always check my orders before leaving the counter...

and ya..i realised that their staffs are always mopping the floor when they can be doing something more constructive...like opening another counter?...etc...

9_frames

yup, getting very dispaointed with LJS over the years. The drink's tatic is the worse, i would just ask for the meal size one.

There was once when the crew asked if i like to change my drink to ice lemon tea. I replied only when it cost the same and when the bill came i refused to pay for the inbalance and walk out without touching the food.

minssy

everything is getting smaller.. the chicken is smaller and the fish is also smaller. even the crumbs are getting lesser.. boring.

sharon_c

Hi all, i like the treasure meal, the one with rice with shrimp & chicken + a drink, it is so delicious & the right portion for me but too bad they are not selling that anymore!
sad.gif

kpo

ya..i also noticed the food at some of the branches shrinking in size/quantity. however, i think the one at IMM still ok. the worst is the branch at PS - the chicken/fish are so puny!!!

sharon_c

Hi all, not sure still available or not, went to LJS @ Jurong East Entertainment Centre on Tuesday evening & ordered a grilled chicken wrap set, it comes with another free grilled chicken wrap! Very worth the $! But for limited time only!

dokie_dokie

Hi All, I kena the drink tactic as well, felt so cheated. So subsequently when they ask me regular drink or large drink, I just say small drink. Got quite a few strange looks from the staff. But who cares..I'm entitled to what I want. I also kena another tactic before...the staff told me they don't have small cups, have only regular or big size cups, so I must upsize my drink. I was thinking
"Hello??? Doesn't the outlet manager managed the logistics?!?" and I saw packets of the small cups just behind them !!!! I insisted on not paying for the extra money coz it's not my problem. Why should I pay more for their so called "mismanagement"? It's not I am stingy, but I just cannot stand their practice to "cheat" on customers!!!

davies18

i think LJS quite stingy with their knife.
last time their combo 1 is their cheapest meal.
nowadays, their food variety has increased.
more choices.

i nowadays only eat Fish wrap meal.
that is one of the cheapest n nicest food to date.

blurbaby

LJS is the worst food outlet i been.. every thing also small and only give out the knife when we ask lor.... i prefer A & W... I miss the rootbeer float....
Btw, where can i get it from Bangkok?

poya

the tiong bahru branch cannot go...last time i went tabao there was this guy found his fish set became a chicken set so he requested for a change. when i reached home abt to eat i realised the chicken kena half eaten muz be the staff lazy to cook again tat is y the eaten chicken landed in my meal. luckily the LJS is nearby my plc, i immediately went back to change. the cashier was ok but the kitchen ppl grumbled coz they were going to knock off never expect i went back to change. service is bad guess coz no manager ard ony the cashier & kitchen staff nobody supervise them so they anyhow....after tat incident no more TB LJS for me....

salsa_babe

Aiyoh....I thot only my colleagues and I kena the drinks-tactic leh. So this is the dirty trick they played!
kao_angry.gif

Initially I thought I was the one who made the mistake...after that then realised not me leh.

Yah...the size reduced so much leh. Jiat buay pah lor. My colleague once queued up so long for the meal...she even ordered an extra piece of chicken. After she brought the meal up to offc and able to eat, she realised they din give her the extra piece and her ice-tea became 7up (or Sprite).

And I agreed TOTALLY that they are superly slow in their service! Lunch hours is the most crowded time of the day and they only open 2 counters! My goodness

Aiyoh poya! Din know they will do such a thing leh! Too much liao..

samgirl

ah blur,
I always go to the A&W at Pantip Plaza at Bangkok. It's their Singapore's Sim Lim equivalent where they sell lots of computer stuffs. It's somewhere opposite Amari Watergate hotel.

poya

salsa bebe,
ya lor really too much liao...the auntie and uncle tot I stay very very far cannot go back exchange mah...

so jialat leh...think their management has to do something about it otherwise sooner or later LJS will dao bi...

salsa_babe

yah man....their food actually quite nice....not that pricey too
But hor, they need to do something to their service...if not, sure "guan men da ji"

haiz...

pagebreak

I love LJS too....it has got something to do with the special oil. I find the portions good...not too big
happy.gif
Love the chips (those like lay's type , not the potato chip type). Love the fish wrap too....YUMMY

cacky

I am hardly back in Singapore but whenever I am back, I would always go look for a Long John Silver. I also agree abt the drink tactic. It happened to me during the first few times I tried and also when I'm too deep in my thoughts and forget to tell them to change to small.

Honestly, is this something that we can complain about? I mean, even though it may be 30 cents difference but how many customers they make a day who order the combo meal set, right???

ccc

I never want to subject myself to eating fast food, especially KFC and Long John's everything's fried it's like torturing our body.

Even KFC chicken have shrunk, it requires 2 sets to fill a stomach and its no longer cheap to eat..So i just abstain in totality. My body feels better now.

Occassional mcdonalds fish burger is a treat tho
happy.gif

pinkloveang

I'm a super big fan of Long Johns! But ya it's true, they shrink for no reason lor. Price increase, but food proportion shink. It used to be larger 10 years ago...

nana9292

I heard so many complaints abt LJS...I also kena somehow the price is so different when time to pay....like much more than what they print on the menu....
sad.gif