A Relax Room for the BTB to release their stress!

key_word07

Yoz girls..I am super sianz liao.
I got another 3 ppl who tell me today they can't make it to my wedding...another 3 maybe i shld put it~ i really very sianz liao..guess what my wedding is only 5 days from now! More to be expected.How depressing!

Ya...i already very sianz liao..all sort of reasons ppl can come out with when they dun wanna come lei. Aiya..they will know it when their time comes lor..really.I believe in tat.haha.But for these people i still appreciate at least they make the effort to come out with reasons to tell me they cannot come..at least dun waste seat lor..MOST IDIOTIC ONE IS TAT KIND TAT TELL U THEY ARE COMING AND THEN suddenly MIA kind. Tat is seriously END OF FRIENDSHIP for me.

IMH i m coming your way...............

snowbell42

hi twinkle.. ya man.. tis type of pax (the ones who tell u coming but in the end mia one) i also keeping my fingers crossed tht there wun b alot of them at my side..

but even those coming.. hope the AP is enuff or at least is reasonable amt lor.. imagine i heard fr my sis tht one of my neighbour which my mum invited gave oni $5.. really hope she is not invited/din come wif $5 again for mine.. prob is she din write her name.. n she came wif her hb.. pengz.. tht's y cant trace who is the one who gave tht "big" AP sigh..

i thk is the older generation who dun bother abt the market rate for a particular hotel.. they juz give wht they deem is right.. oni we youngsters will bother.. tht's y really hope i will break even or at least wun kena too much loss lor..
sad.gif

twinkle.. heard fr my coll tht she is stll amending the guest list a day b4 her wedding at her hb's hse..

btw gals.. is it true tht couples shdn't meet a day b4 the wedding? or is it a superstition thing?

pinky81

Wow.. After reading all the threads, I do not know what to do with my guest list. My wedding will be happening about 1 year later but what I read here really freaked me out.

What are the procedures? Send sms out or emails to ask if they are coming? Or just send invitation cards without even asking?

monkie

well pinky,
prior one month before your wedding,
1) call or sms to check with they coming?
2) Only send cards to those who are coming
3) one week before your actual day, call everyone personally to check they receive card and whether any last minute changes, and how many of them they bringing.

4) remember, always over invite by 20% of confirm tables.
5) expect last minute no show.

key_word07

Ya Pinky..i agree with Cynthia.
We also prepare about extra 2 tables of guests in my invitees.LUCKY WE DID TAT!!It is proven by fact tat some guests will last mintues jus tell u all short of reasons last mintue they can't make it.The list just get shorter each day. So at least u dun have to face last mintue inviting ppl tat kind of situation.More ppl to come is better than Less ppl who no show and got empty seat.At least more ppl you just have to open the Reserved table last mintue lor. No ppl come hor means Seat is left empty and it means $$$ fly away!! :p
This is from my point of view!!hehe

sweetheavens

Hihi!

Wow that's good suggestion!

But i wanna ask... how you gals arrange the table seating with the extra 20% and last min open reserve, or if they not coming. like say, if i'm inviting just nice a few groups of friends each of around 10 pax... then already each group fill one table just nice. if each group 1 or 2 not coming etc, how to deal with that? thanks!

monkie

if one or 2 out of the 10 not coming, then i suggest you leave it as i dun purposely find 2 persons to squeeze in that table, very weird for the 1 -2 person...as the rest of 8 person know each other very well so they might find left out.

if really no choice, then you find those 2 guest that does not represent any groups because they are expected to sit with strangers.

never never break up groups just to squeeze into that table.

key_word07

For me even till the last day i still need to shuffle and re-shuffle the seat arrangement.no choice one if you r inviting more ppl.

I try to arrange some ppl they know on the same table. For my case...like i will mix my friends up like example i initially invite 20pax of colleagues..in the end only 15 show up..so i split a group of 10 pax into 5 pax to slot into my colleague table. Another 5 pax with my hubby friends. As long as you dun place them "alone" with strangers..usually they are quite alrite. BUT be prepared some ppl will come and tell u..I wanna sit with who who who.
Ya..if only 1-2 no show..just ignore.
Me actually got 32 tables + 2 reserved..we got about 34 tables of invitees and in the end, some say cannot come along the preps and plus those no show guests etc..we reshuffle seating..in the end we open 33 tables in total. Good for us!
happy.gif
attendence almost 95% full for our 33 tables.

sparkless

Hello all BTBs,

A quick question to ask. Anyone's HTB follow you when scouting for a bridal shop?

Mine told me that he is not interested in the bridal stuff, told me to go search myself. Only accompany me for those shortlisted bridal shops.

Do you think it is ridiculous of me to want go every bridal shop available to check them out?

sparkless

hee... after i posted this, i found a thread that had BTBs with similiar experience. The groom not very interested in the wedding stuff.

decent_gal

Hey Starry its normal that hubby don't really keen to get involve in the wedding prep coz either they lazy or dunno what to do for the prep. My wedding is already over in Nov 07. During the wedding prep I also scouted the BS shop myself. What I do is to call the BS which I am keen and then follow by a phone call. Those who i have shortlisted and intend to go down, I ask my good friend to go along with me to give their advice. Then I finally pick the one I want then I ask my hubby to go along with me lor. at least wont take up too much of his time...hehehe..but starry wedding prep is stressed but I enjoy the procedure....so when is your AD?

sparkless

Hi katherine,

ya sometimes think about the number of things that need to prepare for a wedding is overwhelming, yet it is so exciting. We have only fixed on the month, Nov but not sure if it is going to be 2009/10. Depending on the flat application and whether we can secure a flat in this year.

sweetheavens

Katherine at least you are keeping things in track... that's nice of you.
happy.gif

my hubby and i are both lazy and before we know it, we have only 3 months left and we've done nothing besides selected my gowns and taken our photoshoot!! (>.<)

this weekend going to sign contract for our banquet venue... my AD is in coming april.

jayfunglwi

I am a bit different. my hubby is more keen than me. He will do most of the things and shortlisted those that he likes (photoshooting, gown, wedding card) and ask me to make the final choice
happy.gif

but, we are both in oversea and it is just so hard to coordinate those things back home for the wedding prep.

decent_gal

Hey Starry u still have ample time to prepare for your wedding. You know my wedding I only took 6mths to prepare....haha....and guess what I am the one who source everything myself (i.e BS,banquet,wedding favour etc)nobody help me..even try the gown also need to drag my huuby along... my hubby only participate in the prep during the last mth..but now my wedding was over and I really miss that moments..
happy.gif
Its memorable

Nice, dun stress yourself too much or you will end up doing nothing....be a calm and cool bride... All the best to you...
happy.gif

sparkless

I am glad that the wedding is still far from now. Went to BOWS yesterday, after 2 stops at bridal shop booths, I was dizzy with all the overloaded information.

I am so glad that I still have so much time to slowly source. Probably can only do 1 bridal shop per time. Just too tiring to do more.

And surprisingly, bf went thru the whole BOWS with me. I was quite concerned that he would be bored, kept asking him if he's ok.

Anyone here done a marriage preparation course? I thought this would be a good start.

sparkless

Gd morning Cynthia

BOWS was a wedding fair held in the open space opposite Bugis Junction. We went there for a look.
happy.gif

sparkless

Just wondering gals,

supposedly you only have a church wedding reception, would you lavish more on it? eg, have better menus, having it as a seat-down buffet style?

what's ur take?

hey cynthia,

we went there to have a feel what we need. quite a good experience
happy.gif

saxbride

Hi Starry, I think i would give a good buffet to guest, of course must glam and make it a unforgettable day for your guests!

graceyong

Hi Starry, you do having a church wedding? So you not having the dinner banquet at hotels? If so, it depends on your budget and how many guests. What are the majority of your guest, Old people? Young people? You having reception at the church or at another place?
happy.gif

Share more of this info and probraly will give you more suggestions!
happy.gif

graceyong

One more thing, don't take it too hard on the AP $ issue. Just remember, why you having a wedding? Is for a celebration with famiyl and friend. haha just to share, some people give $5 AP and come to a wedding banquet at a HOTEL. you see already even more piss off right?

So don't bother on the AP. Just concentrate on getting yourself beautiful and most importnat, enjoy the day!!
happy.gif

sparkless

hello 4placesbride,

yup, we are going to have a church wedding. no banquet at hotel. the reception will be ideally at the church compound itself. i think it would be 50% elderly and 50% youngsters.

is that a big difference in pricing for sitting down buffet and those stand around? any idea?

alicetang

hai.... we intend to get married in May, latest June coz we can collect our keys to our house by then. But my bf doesn't really seem to be interested or helping me out lor... I juz check all the avail dates at ROM is fully booked til end of June. Oh greats. Just make me wana give up marrying him.

fat_fat_79

Hi all,

Im very worry about the life after marriage. My HTB and I have been dating for 5 yrs. Thru out these 5 yrs he has never ask me to his place before. Whenever I told him that Im going over to his place. He will always stop me and meet me outside instead. Only twice, I call him after I reach his doorstep. He has no choice but to let me in. There is nothing wrong with his place. He just ask that he dont wanna me to travel too far due to my serious motion sickness. I have told him several times that I dont mind the traveling. But he still dont wanna me to go over. Thru out these 5 yrs, I have only met his mum twice also. Once at his place and once during the new yrs. He also never ask me to his family gathering even I say I wanna go.

We have plan that after the wedding. we will stay at his place for time being till we have our new love nest. I really dont know how to face this new enviroment. Most of the ppl I know like my best frd and my sister all got meet their FPIL very often when they are dating.

What should I do? I very worry that we will have argument over me not used to the new enviroment.

monkie

hello fat fat
if you have plans to stay with his parents after wedding, then you need to tell yur htb the importance to get to know each other so that you can be mentally prepared.

there are some reasons why your htb discourage you to his house
1) he isn't close with his parents
2) his mother may be suferring for some sickness and he doesn't want u to know
3) his parents are not outgoing type, reserved type - he may afraid you mistaken it as they dont't like you.

no matter what, since you plan to get married and she i half your mother, got to learn to love her like your mum, so ur htb need to help to bring these woman together.

fat_fat_79

Hi Cynthia

My bf never tells me the reason of not wanting me to go over. No matter what is the reason, I think I have the right to know. I dont wanna move over and have argument over this small matter.

I'm not saying that I dont like my FMIL. Both my FPIL are nice to me when we met. It is just that we only met twice over the 5 yrs. I really dont know what to think. so so stress!!

tokyoboyz

at least they like u.
my FPIL hates me to hell.

put it this way. if the girl he is marrying is not me, they will celebrate by going around the world.

saszruth

relax... i've not even met my FMIL at all and our wedding is next year.. i doubt he told his parents yet! hahaha..

though i know my FH has issues with his family but no point to force him to let us meet if he's not ready.. complicated background this one i've got~
he knows m curious about meeting his family but when he's ready, i'll get to see them soon enough
happy.gif

sylvaz

Hi, seems like most of you have too many guests to invite and trying to trim down.. but for me i'm trying to invite as many as i can cos i dun have much friends.. i agree with Cynthia about over invite by 20%.. i don't know who to invite already.. those keep in contact i've already invited.. then some not coming.. getting lesser..

i've alot of friends but most of them rarely contact.. if invite them it's obvious that i just want them to fill up the seats...

currently is 8 to 9 pax per table (include partners some more, imagine their partners last minute not coming)

super headache and stress...

misskermit

Dun worry....what's most important is YOU being happy on that day. It really doesn't matter to me lah I feel. Cos hor in the first place I just want to be married to my HTB. That is all I care.

happy.gif

lovingyou

Was browsing the forum and happen to see this thread..

June: what makes you think they dislike you? Did they do something that expressed their actions?

loving heart: how long are you in this courtship? Dun get to meet his parents at all?

misskermit: agree agree!!.. and being pretty..
happy.gif

kenrach

I am looking at how I can self-deco or self-make wedding favors. Trying to cut cost here.

I had wanted to wrap up nicely a small chocolate bar, with a ribbon as a wedding favour but FH thinks it's a bad idea.

We had a tiff because of this. Arghh, so moody now.