A Relax Room for the BTB to release their stress!

decent_gal

hi snowbell i agreed marriage involves 2 families but ultimately its still depend on you and your hubby on how you want the family to be brought together ma....anyway the most important is that don't let others affect us...hehe
happy.gif

monkie

hi ladies..
i dunno why but i keep worrying..giving myself unnecessary stress..
firstly i worry my friends dun reply to my SMS to confirm their attendance.
now i worry they mistken my wedding is buffet and give me AP that is lesser money..

oh my god...what am i doing..how to stop worrying?

snowbell42

cynthia, mayb u wanna try give ur frens a frenly call to c if they received ur sms or pretend u din send tht sms.. tell them tht u r getting married n ask nicely if they can attend ur wedding..

monkie

hi snowbell
they all already reply me they coming or not..so RSVP is done.
like i say, now i worry they mistaken my wedding lunch as buffet and give smaller AP.
my cousin suggest that I sms and give them friendly reminder of my wedding lunch..and said "we have prepare a sumptous 9 course lunch " for you...etc..
wat u all think? is it very cheapskate?

snowbell42

hi cynthia.. to me it sounds ok.. not sure of the rest liao.. 'cos tht's one way to inform pple tht it's not a buffet but a wedding lunch lor.. :p

well if they come wif AP wif lesser $ still better than mine.. i invited my frens to my ROM, ended up oni one of them gave me present for my ROM.. the rest came empty handed.. come juz for the lunch.. :S

decent_gal

wow snowbell your friends attend your ROM empty handed..omg!! luckily my friends either gave me ap or gift....phew...! but your ROM is a tea reception or lunch?

monkie

good, then i sms them i wwek before the wedding lunch.
but if they choose to buay zi dong, then so be it..just my luck

snowbell42

kat.. ya lor.. like wht cynthia said.. it's really my luck!!! sigh.. tht's y i tell my hb, his frens so gd.. all gave him presents.. oni my all eat sxxx one.. haha sorrie too angry wif them 'cos i always treat them s my gd frens.. ended up all come empty handed.. sigh.. lucky din invite alot..

mine is a 8 course lunch..

cynthia, mine is on 17/11.. urs?
happy.gif

monkie

hi snowbell
tell you something frankly..
if i know this couple going to have customery after their ROM, then i will not attend their ROM. because i dun wan to end up giving them AP 2 times.. unless super close one.

for those will ROM and NO customery, then the AP for them is equivalent to banquet price even its just buffet.

that's my style.

snowbell42

cynthia, how come u have 2 wedding reception? wun u b spending double $?

ya i know wht u meant above.. but at least can give a small gift n not come empty handed right? make me so awkward on the spot.. it's like y my frens come but w/o anything for me... so malu..

monkie

yar, if i attend ROM, i sure give AP one..

i have 2 wedding reception.
23/12 is my AD - hosted by htb
18/11 is engagement - hosted by my parents...

np spending double lar..pray hard AP can cover on engagement.
but i know AD likely lose $.

snowbell42

ic.. so meaning 18/11 is some sort like ur solemnisation?
happy.gif

now i keeping fingers crossed tht i can break even for my AD...

monkie

no...solomisation is on AD... 18/11, just engagement lunch announcing to my friends and mother's friends that we are getting married in dec 07. because we didn't invite them on my AD.

snowbell42

ic... for my case, i separate the solemnization n AD into 2 diff day... else i will b grouchy if i m too tired haha then i pity my hb liao haha

monkie

tired tired... 13more days to my engagement..after that i rest my case... my biggest concern is my RSVP list..afraid ppl last minute durn turn up...but now, i am more or less prepared for such things to happened. prepared for the worst..LOST $.. or those ppl who come assume its buffet and give less $

tassiea

phew...wedding over. luckily all went well..
So gals, pls dun worry too much about things, all will go smoothly. All the best!!

snowbell42

ya cynthia... tht's my greatest fear too.. really hope my loss wun b too great... cant wait for it all to b over... sigh...

monkie

snowbell42

if really loss, then wat can i do?
just try to relex...now worry also can't do anything...
i am going to do last round of reminder by sending SMS..the rest..can't be borther.

snowbell42

wah.. sms?? it will cost a bomb haha i can oni remind my coll via email (providing the direction of the ballroom) n s for frens via sms.. but lucky i din invite many frens haha else really can kill me :p

snowbell42

morn cynthia..

i m getting stressed again sigh.. to thk tht now my fam din nag n nag abt $.. i have to rush to finish my oct mth end closing n also to prepare for the yearly stock take.. n it happens right after my wedding.. wonder y tis pple r so cunning n so cruel.. cant even let me enjoy my wedding n honeymoon peacefully...

my coll was telling me.. i m lucky enuff tht they din ask me to cancel my honeymoon to come back for the stock take.. sigh..

at home, i cant even turn on my pc n watch tv.. 'cos my little nephew will come n switch off the tv.. like wht my hb said.. i m like a prisoner in my own hse..

really have the urge of tendering my resignation now.. n admit myself into IMH.. can feel myself gg into depression n gg crazy soon..

mayb i shd really go n reserve myself a bed in IMH haha

monkie

hi snowbell42

i understand how you feel. during my previous engagement, i was forced to do stock take on my engagement day itself.
somemore they only notify us the stock date 4 days in advance which i already book everything.my manager is kind enough to let me go back by 1pm and my engagement dinner start at 7pm.
she actually wanted me to stay over for OT...until i told her i am getting engaged in evening. that day is SATURDAY.

snowbell42

ya man!!! wonder y all tis pple r so heartless.. i m not treated the same s the rest of my coll re marriage leave.. it's fine.. i already open n close one eye.. now dun even let me have peace for my wedding n honeymoon..

imagine my other coll can claim the entire of her honeymoon.. whilst i oni have 3 days of marriage leave.. sigh..

monkie

anyway, jsut do a best shot and show them you can do it..
then you can also feel sense of achivement mah..

snowbell42

true.. but i really feel like tendering now.. n let them esp my immediate boss zhi sheng zhi mie.. haha

i told my hb i on the verge of entering IMH liao.. then he still can joke n tell me.. if i go IMH, wht will happen to him.. haha i shd have replied him, join me in there too haha

monkie

hahaha..dun worry snowbell
everything is going to be alright.

but come to think of it, since your wedding is so near..if tender now its a bit waste.

i know some brides take the opportunity to tender about 2 months before their wedding because they already very unhappy in work. some more hubby can support them.

i think even your hubby can support you, its not right to tender..not worth it.

snowbell42

haha of coz i wun tender at tis period.. i still waiting for my year end bonus :p

ya really cant wait for it to b over man!!! prob it's my PMS (pre marrital stress) tht is working out on me tis period haha

key_word07

Hi Cynthia

My wedding is coming sunday 11-11-2007. Oh gosh so nervous now. Yesterday SMS my friends to remind them on the coming sunday...Guess what! Some never reply although they had promise me to come! Now super stress tat they will FLY me KITE last mintue.

Hi snowbell42..
I think you shld ren for another 2 more months to the year end bonus then quit lei. Now year end liao quit very not worth one. Just do ur best and hack care abt those heartless ppl at your work place. If they can't be understanding dun care abt them ba.Of cos we are responsible ppl.. just do your best in your area lar..i know it is very stressful. Tell urself u gonna leave liao so if those can dun borther shld also dun borther. Hack Care.
happy.gif

I always keep telling my Hubby i m going IMH soon too...cos he is quite RELAX kind..everything also..nevermind..later~~..from the start i have to plan and organise everything and think of all the details. Somemore need to juggle btw busy work deadline and housework lei...wau lau will KI SIAO one lei!

snowbell42

hi twinkle.. thanks for the encouragement.. i been saying i wanna quit till now it's been so many yrs liao.. doubt i will b able to get a new job.. haha if not for the $ i doubt i can stay on here for so long :p

ya lor.. my hb also the bo chup type lor.. everything also wait till last min.. sigh.. mayb all or most guys r like tht lor..

re housework.. we shd get the guys to help out lor.. else everything we do ourselves really can go crazy n go IMH..

twinkle.. if u go IMH, dun forget to come find me leh haha :p let's b neighbours there so tht we wun b bored haha

monkie

twinkle star,
i anticipate some dun come liao...now got joker tell me not coming when my wedding 12 days away.
i anticipate more will not turn up...
..dun ever call me in future..END OF FRIENDSHIP.

snowbell42

ya man... 'cos of my ROM n wedding.. makes me know who i shd continue to keep in touch n who not to keep in touch.. somehow i feel it's oni after i sent out the cards.. tht they start telling me they wun b coming.. so meaning it might b due to the venue tht tht's y they pull out fr coming.. mayb too x tht's y they dun wanna come? tht's wht i speculated at least for my case.. sigh.. sad hor..

decent_gal

Hi cynthia this room should not be too noisy coz its a room for relaxed..hehehe...so how is everyone's preparation liao..mine is this coming Sunday..Just confirmed the guests list..aiyooo its very normal that some will fly kite la...wat to do lei..have to bite our teeth and bear it lor..but i have an overseas friend who really make me feel touched....he already told me in advance that he could not make it for my wedding but last sunday he all the way from msia (10hours coach) come to sg to meet me and pass me the wedding gift...i was like...so touched...hehehe...

monkie

so , its always expect the unexpected...
at least i feel better now, i am not the only one who kanna people fly kite..

i thought its because they dun like me..looks like they (ppl who fly kites) are people with serious attitude problem.

decent_gal

erm cynthia...life is full of unpredictable events and we cant oversees everything....so we have to accept it lor....if they dun come hopefully their angpow will come...hehehe

snowbell42

kat.. tht's nice of ur fren.. now i wonder those whom i sent out the cards then tell me they wun b able to attend, how many out of tis few will give me $ haha

snowbell42

haha ya.. 'cos i thot by right for those who r given the wedding invitation cards yet they cant attend, r supposed to give AP mah :p

monkie

snowbell42
this is by "right"..by left..is otherwise..

some dun go obviously of they dun see the need to waste the AP money on me..simple.