A place to show your beautiful kitchen....

sailormoonwt

hehe...tks for yr compliments, bizznow
happy.gif

eh...i didnt tink of the maintenance part yet leh....tink jus use damp cloth & give it a wipe after cooking loh... shouldnt take much effort i guess :p

sailormoonwt

hehe...tks for yr compliments, bizznow
happy.gif

eh...i didnt tink of the maintenance part yet leh....tink jus use damp cloth & give it a wipe after cooking loh... shouldnt take much effort i guess :p

skywu

hi sailormoonwt

ur kitchen is very nice... hw much did u spend doing it? can tell me which ID u engage. thks :>

val1977

hi all
anyone kitchen using open concept??
mean no kitchen cabinet, just storage and everything of the kitchen furniture are made of stainless steel??
that is wat I am gng to hv...stainless steel open kitchen concept
like restaurant style

sailormoonwt

hi sky : tks for yr compliments ... i didnt reali hv a breakdown of how much my kitchen costs but a rough estimate will be around $4.5K (including kitchen appliances .. carpentary works & Song cho baskets )

oh, our ID firm is koonwen interiors ... we actually design our own house .. everyting tat we dream to hv and wan to hv .. we make it happen
happy.gif

win: my washing machine is by the window (as u can see in the pic) but the place for me to hang my clothes is at the other side of the kitchen .. imagine a 90 deg angle to the window above .... no problm in hanging out our bamboos ah .. tested liao!
kao_wink.gif

val1977

sailormoon,
hey i like your pullout basket, ours most likely will be having this as well but without the open/close door as my hubby wants open concept!

But i like ur transparent upper cabinet/doors
may I know wat is the material?
Pardon me cos I am not too sure of the material :p

I want to hv cabinet actually cos cant really accept the open conpcet as my hubby prefer, so hope to hv some compromise win win solution, as to hv these tra nsparwbt see thru cabinet, similar to open concept mah,keke..
happy.gif

mehmeh_lim

hi sailormoon,

great kitchen u have! *thumbs up* Very clean but not overly simple too.
Btw, are your top-hung cabinets also glossy laminates?

sailormoonwt

hi Valerie

my top hung cabinet is made up of aluminium frame with frosted glass .. i read abt yr intention to hv open shelves .. eh, actually its not very advisable to have tat in the kitchen due to maintainence wor .. if u like to do some cooking during the wkend...the oil is enough to kill u liao .. at times when we can spend 1 hr preparing dinner - 1/2 hr finishing up - 2 HRS cleaning up the whole kitchen leh ! its reali no joking business ... unless ........ eh .. yr hubby wanna clean for u lah! tats different story oredi... hehehe
kao_wink.gif

mehmeh: tks for yr compliments, sweetie !
nope...not glossy laminates...more of normal mattee type ... to hv a contrast with the glossy red laminates at the bottom loh
happy.gif

val1977

hi sailormoon,
yalor that is wat i told him, aiya now it just concept, wait till we find ID then we will work it out
happy.gif

ok frosted glass sounds gd!

mind PM me your lovenest pics?
ur kitchen is so outstanding, I am sure so do your lovenest!

for me, waiting keys for Atrina@ buangkok, so hope by end of yr will receive it...

mehmeh_lim

hi sailormoon,

u're welcome.. Praise must be given when due
happy.gif

Oh yes, any brand to the laminates? i'm considering revamping my kitchen some time down the road, so want to keep a lookout for reliable & easy maintainence surfaces

what abt ur table top, what material issit?

sailormoonwt

Hi mehmeh,

I can't remember exactly the colour code of the laminates, but they are either from Lam Chuan or TAK.

The kitchen top is made of solid surface, one of the famous brands is Corian. Mine is from Vansen.

Hi Valerie, i won't mind sharing with you my house. But we haven't have chance to take any nice photos at the moment. Will post in the forum when they are ready...

sailormoonwt

Valerie ... we dont have any ID leh ... we draw, design and coordinate our renovation wor ... the contractors tat do our house r all my hb's contacts
happy.gif

mehmeh_lim

hi sailormoon,

iseeisee.. i have heard of Corian
happy.gif
Shall keep in mind these brands *thanks*
hmm, so u & ur hb diy & coordinate the reno by engaging various contractors yah? i myself also didn't engage an ID, but coz i didn't have much carpentary & i knew my colour scheme..

btw, issit okie if i get to peek at ur place when u've got the time to take some pix? really appreciate!! agape2804 @ yahoo.com

sailormoonwt

yup mehmeh .. all DIY from design - drawing - selection of materials/colours/furniture - coordination btwn contractors - cleaning up (uh! tis is real torture) .. all DIY loh ... we even robe in our families to help us during the cleaning up process after renovation
kao_sticktongue.gif

sure! i will share with u more pics on the way yeah
happy.gif

Happy Easter Day to everyone!

blessed

hi sailormoon and those who use shinny surface for their cabinet,

are they tough to maintain? they really look very nice, but i m concerned if they scratch easily, thus leaving ugly marks on the nice smooth shinny surface

sailormoonwt

hi blessed ... so far no scratches yet (touch wood ah
rofl.gif
)
must be abit more careful i guess ... tats wat i told hb cos u noe lah..men r careless & absent-minded creatures... hehe!

yin: mine is rinnai ... japanese brand ... tink there is a thread on tat. ... can go check it out for more informatio!
happy.gif

blessed

hi sailormoon,

thanks for your feedback
happy.gif
, you dont have kids yet? I think i will go for matt though glossy really nicer (my hb want to go ahead w glossy!), coz i hv kids, i cant imagine they happy happy take a cup n hit or scratch my cabinet, i think i will get heart attack haha. but ur kitchen is very nice
happy.gif
!

sailormoonwt

no kids yet .. blessed ... cant imagine nxt time when i hv ... i will hv to chase them round the house and watch them carefully cos my house got other bobbie traps as well ... (platform at LV rm & full height mirror...glass dining & coffee table) all prone to potential knocking wor ...

i will join u for heart attack then...
crazy.gif

sailormoonwt

hi naivesg : our whole renovation cost, includg furniture is around $38K .. we had our own contacts so we r able to get the best deal out of most tings .. e.g. we dont hv an ID firm so had saved the design fee liao .. tats quite abit ah : )

keeevin

wow.. 38k.. that's a good deal!

Any particular sub-contractor you'd recommend?

I'd really wanna coordinate my reno myself due to tight tight tight budget.. but dunno how to start, who to look for.
sad.gif

blackbear

Learn how to use the Creative, Controlling, and Reducing cycles of the five feng shui elements -- wood, fired, earth, metal, and water -- to select and enhance your feng shui cures and improve the energy of your home.

Free Links:

(1) For free Bazi (Four pillars) Calculator, Click This Link Now: - http://http://fengshui.planetzines.com/four_pillars_calculator.htm

(2) For free fengshui flying stars Calculator, Click This Link Now: - http://http://fengshui.planetzines.com/fengshui_calculator.htm

blackbear

angel_77

Hi everyone,

Actually i planning to have a black, white n red theme for my home design and wanted my kitchen cabinet to be in these three colour, something similar to sailormoonwt's kitchen (above). Care to share ur opinion regarding this, cos i know red cabinate is quite modern nowsaday, but i afraid when time goes by, it will look out-dated. But i dun look those plain black n white cabinet althought they are more nai kan, i feel it is v common leh. Care to share ur view?
510502.jpg

eload72

Is that stainless steel backing? How much to do that? glass or stainless stell cheaper to do? thou glass is easier to mantain

angel_77

This thread seem to be quiet for a long time. Hellooo.... anyone there?

Is there any prices different for suspended kitchen cabinate n normal touch floor kitchen cabinate? Which is cheaper?

No one seem to ans any question asked nw... :S

sailormoonwt

hi stjt : i cant rem exactly how much the pull out baskets cost ... if i m not wrong, its around $150 per basket ... u may wanna check them out at IMM Jurong ( ^ . ^ )

hi Mrs Ong : the cultery tray tat u saw i tink belongs to another lady (jean) for mine, i got it from Ikea..
happy.gif
cheap yet practical! haha!

mysteriousgal

hi him anybody can advise?

i am planning for black floor tiles (for kitchen), at first, i wanted red cabinet, but due to "Feng-shui", so i cannot put full red, anyone can tell me, what other color will b nice??

annesep

Angel,

I loved the kitchen concept and the living room concept. My kitchen is also black, white and red too cos my fengshui master say the 3 colour for my kitchen.

mysteriousgal

Summer, since can't go for full red cabinet, i was actually thinking of going for super bright & exciting colors...

Angel, so envy, ur fengshui tell you to go for black, red & white..

contactandy

besides, any1 can share where can get the glossy surface tv console ? until now me can have only 3 place in mind (moda or lush lush or st louis)