A place to show your beautiful kitchen....

kj2126

Supercat,
Did ur ID propose this ideal to you, by using the glass and spray? Ur contractor did the selection of glass for u?

suparcat

hi beryberry,

nope, my ID did not propose this idea. We saw it in 1 of those home decor magazine and asked the ID to fix it up. Yes, they provide all the material.

faithe

here is my kitchen...not very nice but juzz to share wif u all.....
448653.jpg

sandsand

hey faithe.. i like the colour combi..

we have same colour combi for kitchen cabinates. my top cabinets are white and frosted glass, bottom is cream colid top and dark wood..

faithe

Hi ann, glad to hear that...but this fat chimney hood initially cost me some problem in my cabinet design. Cos the chimney is too thick, end up my top cabinet has to do a bit out on top, but heng the last cabinet also have to stick out due to piping box...was glad the design turns out alrite....*phew*

Hi Ribbon, think this colour combi quite popular now...my ideal one was aluminium frame with frosted glass, but a bit exp...so i juzz stick wif normal ones....

annabella

Hi faithe,

Oh.. that means I'll still face the same problem during installation.. my ID said need to have the top cabinets slighty out..

my carpentry will ready soon...

summerice

hehehe mine kitchen has lesser cabinets then most of u here especially the top space..in fact my top cabinets space is limited due to the beams. Seem like the top cabinets is to hide my beams.

sandsand

oh.. didnt notice ur cabinets werent aluminium frames... mine are. Aluminium frames with forsted glass. but i agree, quite ex...

sandsand

hey.. do u guys know how to get rid of those tiny tiny black black flies? i got quite a few in my kitchen leh, but my kitchen got no exposed food/ fruits.....

and, how do u guys deodourize ur microwave?

eloi

Hi Supercat,

Your kitchen look fabulous and nice

May i know who is your id? Not sure if this is allow to ask or not. Hope you can reply me.

Thanks

padi

Access door? U mean the space behind the cabinets? Its for me to do my laundry and for the refuse chute.

suparcat

hi eloi,

My ID is Flora from Ciscxxxn-The Living Expression. Btw, that design was not from her. I actually came across that in a decor mag, improvise a bit and luckily it turned out well. ;)

padi

The smaller one was meant to be a small compartment - it was devised impromptu when my ID made a mistake and thought I wanted a built in oven, when actually, I just wanted a built in space for my microwave. :D

The bigger one was meant to be a dishdrainer compartment. But due to the microwave/oven mistake, it was built too high for my height. As it was not possible for him to change the entire set of kitchen cabinets by the time we found out the miscommunication, he converted that compartment to shelves as well and bought me a separate dish drainer.

The entire view of my kitchen looks something like this:
453519.jpg

clarizz

Hi ..Anyone heard of not using RED colour for Kitchen cabinet ? According to the elderly , RED means FIRE .

nichiyobi

Ha~ think alot of pp using red as theme for kitchen since it modern era~

So if use blue then meaning flooded kitchen?

angtan

Hello Hui,
I like the colour theme of your kitchen, nice! Earth tone.
By the way, may i know is there any difficulties when u colloect / dry your laundry?because i can see the gap is quite narrow, i mean the width of the space to dry the laundry.

padi

Angtan: Thanks.
happy.gif

Actually I haven't tried leh. :p But my FH says our bamboo sticks isn't going to be that long so should be ok. Anyway we are most likely going to hang at the ceilings instead of hanging it outside the windows. I'm too clumsy. :p

blessed

Hi Hui,

I am looking for tiles that u use for ur cooking area (look like mosiac). can I know where you got them and how much are they? Thanks

Hi all,

I went to nam tat and the sales lady very nice, she say can dont do wall tiles in kitchen except for cabinet n cooking area. she say the trend in overseas now are no tiles but painting... anyone doing it?

also i find white work top is very nice n classy, but are you concern its tough to maintain? like dark soya sauce, oil etc etc? or mayb these work top materials will repel liquid?

i recently got a very old resale 4rm, kitchen is big, can put dinner set in it kind. m new to reno so need alot of advice. also i m into lowest cost material, laminate n postfoam work top coz i seldom cook. look good can already ha.

and also how do the carpenter charge for kitchen cabinet? thanks

padi

Hi Blessed: My cooking area tiles are not mosiac. Just non-slip homogenous tiles, peach colour. I got them from TBH in Jurong.

twinnie07

Hi Blessed, I suggest you get the aluminium backing for your stove area. Once the stains got in between the tiles, u will have hard time to clean liao.

sandsand

yah i advocate for stainless steel backing too.

i have a cream/ yellow work top. had stained it b4, cannot wipe away but i used those special white sponges that they sell to wipe, can wipe away.

I dont know about dark soya sauce, cos if its a potentially staining thing, i wouldnt put it direct on the top.

blessed

hi loveme,

my current home is using stainless steel too, n yes its easy to maintain. do u know how much it cost for that "small" pc? me on a tight budget. i want to work within 10k for my reno for the resale 4rm. so my strategy is "no need very durable, look good can liao" haa. coz we expect this place will SERS nx 5yrs.

hi ribbons,

ya i know wat u mean the white sponge
happy.gif
... ya i m thinking white is really nice but must b careful...i m those want everything convenient..think i will be "tired" of being careful with my work top to keep it clean :p ... then i better choose darker col

blessed

hi Loveme,

ya tt's my headache now. my place has sers potential. so i dont want to spend so much $ reno. but still need to make it clean n nice enough to live in for the nx few yrs.

think my major spending wil b kitchen area. the rest of the hse is ok, juz need painting n polish the flr (parquet in bedrms n terrazo in living). i hv existing furniture which are only 2yrs old, so no need spend $.

my budget is 10k. i cant stand the kitchen wall tiles, wah super obiang, its really 30yr old kind, the seller is 2nd owner and they did some reno when they moved in 4 yrs back, however wall tiles untouched. i hv to do kitchen cabinet too. so i wan go for nice no need very good quality.

i hv a relative who is a carpenter. he did our current hse reno, he gave us direct price for false ceiling etc coz he subcon to others. but coz he is a relative and already help us save $ on non-carpentry stuff, we paiseh to bargain with him on carpentry. this time round, we will ask him to do as well...but i dont know mkt, and abit paiseh to bargain with him ... do u know the mkt rate for kitchen cabinet, m looking at laminate n post foam top. also bedroom buildin wardrobe, if i want just laminate, u know the mkt rate? thanks!

padi

Blessed: I realized you are talking about the tiles at my cooking area. Sorry I thought u meant my floor tiles.
Those are small pebbled tiles. Got them from TBH too.

stellarm

Hi!

Anyone here using electric stoves? Am thinking if I should change to that instead of the conventional 'fire' type. But am wondering if its a good idea and will cooking take a much longer time?

Any advise ladies?

cha_alex

there are 2 types of electric hob
1. ceramic
2. induction

if u live in old flat please check the amp whether enuf or not. Electricity is more expensive then gas so prepare to fork out more $ to pay PUB bill....

good side is no worry of gas leaking, caught in fire, easier to clean

joylin_bb

Hi,

Actualy I am thinking of getting an electric stove, cos due to my liminated space for my kitchen. And my area dont have gas pipe, so have to use gas tank. But it take out a lot of my space.

I seldom cook, so I think to cook once in the blue mood is ok.

I also notice electrica stove heat up food faster. But the price is expensive. Overall the look is nice and clean cut.

nat_bleu

hi, got pics of my kitchen. Quite plain & simple.
461501.jpg
461502.jpg

I dun really cook, so hope the white laminates can last me quite a few years.

kj2126

Hi Nattie,
Dont you worry that the white laminates will turn yellowish? I wanna do white cabinets too many ppl commented tat it will turn yellowish fast. Nice cabinet you have!

crystal_chong

Hi Nattie,

Your kitchen is very well done up. How much did you spend for your kitchen reno? Can you share with me contact of your contractor?

Tks.

bizz

hi sailormoonwt,

i like the mosaic u used for ur kitchen wall...so nice...not difficult to maintain meh??