A place to show off your feature walls

snowiee

hi lyn and irene, can share with me ur ID contacts pls?
happy.gif

my email is [email protected]

jgal

harlow .. anyone go direct to the carpenter? I got some carpentry to do.. And want to go direct as we already have our design liao. :p can share contact ?

taneeleng76

Oops...image is a bit too dark...haahah..can't see the dividers on the wall feature clearly...
The whole house flooring except kitchen and toilet are done with long strip timber. Furnitures are mostly built to my design for consistent design flow.
happy.gif
anyway, save me a lot of trouble to get all the furnitures... :p

I didn't have a swivel wall for the pioneer plasma as it might disturb the calibration of the home theater in the living room. Also too busy to watch tv all the time.
happy.gif

Can't remember the costing, but I remember that the quotation was 15 pages ++.

nichiyobi

Hi Sharin Lee,

Thanks for showing your nice home.
vERY VERY NICELY DONE.
So can recall whether the reno is 123456/0k?

Would be great if we can have a view of your whole home. Thanks again.

taneeleng76

Oh...Thank you for yr compliments of the reno, Nichiyobi! The various furnitures are carefully selected so that the colors of the 6 speakers, plasma, and carpets match the rest of the house.

As for costing, I will need to dig it.
happy.gif
Really cant rem it as it has been so long that I did the house.

Dun have much pics of the house nw, but there should be a cnet feature done for the house previously. But the focus for that feature is the home theater setup.

I have included another pic showing the foyer and storeroom cum shoe rack. I have "wrapped" the storeroom with verner wall feature. This verner laminate is used for various parts of the house. This pic also shows the second type of flooring namely pebble wash (gray color) used in the house.

447163.jpg

cutie_gal

Hi Sharin Lee,

Ur hse still looks tat splendid after 2yrs
happy.gif

Which ID or contractor did u engage to do up ur hse, can share with me. Thxs

taneeleng76

Hi Nichiyobi,

Basically, with enough research and time, one will be able to do up the house veri nicely.I believe your house will be veri "droolable" too.
happy.gif

In my opinion, an ID who can produce a detail costing is better as you will know the exact dimensions and materials used in the construction. This will allow you to at least predict to a certain extent of the quality of work (assuming good workmanship) from the materials used and so on. While it is natural for everyone wanting to save a dime here and there, but I would want to pay a bit more to have something that is easy to maintain and not so subjected to wear and tear. And I remember I did paid quite a bit. For instance, instead of cheaper laminates, I selected veneer. Main Reason is I can lacquer over them if they are scratched and so on.

Till now, I have no problems with whatsoever that is done in house. Heng leh...
happy.gif
For example, I have seen some pple's TV wall feature collapsed due to improper construction, leaking hidden aircon pipes and so on. So if it is possible, do stay around to inspect vital construction of yr reno, namely TV wall feature for pple who is installing a plasma or LCD (weights 30kg generally).

However, even though I have come up with most of the design, the ID plays a crucial part by giving valuable advices to the reno. Simple stuffs like avoiding 90 degree on when laying the aircon pipes and so on are small advices but will save tons of headaches in the long run. Unless one is equiped with wealth of knowledge of material usage and etc, it may be good to hire a ID to help with the reno, like a wedding coordinator for fuss-free but well arranged wedding.

taneeleng76

The above is just my sincere opinion, and I believe a lot of pple might think otherwise, so pls don't flame me.
happy.gif

I don't have any video walk thru of my home leh...Haa....I don't even bother to take much pics in the first place.
happy.gif

Anyway, Nichiyobi, my initial concept is to have a pleasant living room and yet a passable home theater setup.
happy.gif
happy.gif
And calibration of the home theater is not EASY at all...

babystarlet

yeh,is my TV feature wall.i still got 1 dining feature wall,but e pic inside my laptop,can only upload during wkends ba,heee

magical

Hi Sharin,

Did you engage an ID for the reno? Your house is very nicely done. Like it very much. Can u share how much u did it and who did it for you? Thanks.

acer27

hi Nattie,

Where did you get your tv console? if you buy from a shop, what is the dimension?

Thanks.

eveuloveme

hi nattie
i love ur featured WALL!
do you have more pics of your house? hehe can share with us?
It is a lovely house!

nat_bleu

hi Acer, the tv console was built in by my contractor.

hi eveuloveme, thanks! I've got another wall paper in the MBR.
461468.jpg

pinkbunny

hi nattie, love the wallpaper! can i ask where you got it from?

also saw your post on another thread - lovely kitchen!
happy.gif

nat_bleu

Thank u thank u! I got the wall paper from De Arts Decor #03-135 IMM. The tv wall plus MBR wall is $850 including installation. Can look for Jing Ling. Mayb if u say intro by Natalie staying at Yishun got discount. hee

tay_lina

hi nattie, your house look so stunning...

can you please share with me how much does your living room feature wall cost?

nat_bleu

hi lina, the tv wall was built by my contractor with hollow wood boards. I dunno how much. But if just the wall paper, its ard $350 just for the tv wall area.

pink_piglet

Hi nattie....
so for the TV wall how thick is the wall??
mi also thinking of using wallpaper, don't really like feature wall.
does the wallpaper peel off??

nat_bleu

The wall is abt 3 inches thick. According to the wall paper shop, should be able to last more than 5yrs. But its not good to use wall paper for tv wall becos of the direct heat from the tv. But I dun care, at most watch lesser tv. haha

lyn6305

Hi Nattie,

I like wallpapers too but afraid hard to maintain. esp i love to watch tv so cant do without watching it keke...

jasmine23

hi.... care to intro ur contractor to me??? m looking for minor reno for my hse... if possible, can e-mail me the list n the price of how they charge u for reno?? btw, where did u get ur wall paper?? is really v unique n pretty... sorry for asking so many questions....

thanks
[email protected]

lyn6305

Hi Nat,

Hehe...we only painted a darker color for our backdrop behind our bed.
happy.gif
Save cost lor..cos we had oredi paid quite alot for my hse.