A place to share ideas for a special & unforgettable banquet

juve

Hi all,

Personally, for the march-in part, I'd plan for my FH to be invited to the stage and then I'll march-in alone, singing a song dedicated to him. Not gona do the cake-cutting as I find it too "traditional", tat way I can also save some time to eat too ma... haha!

When any of us is invited to a wedding dinner, it's very common how "kena bombed" we'll feel. In order for my guests to feel likewise, I plan to do some games or entertainment (so as to make them feel the money is more "worth it"). Guests will be invited to participate in the games too.

I also feel that table-to-table photo-taking is a waste of time, perhaps shall just toast to selected tables? Can't imagine whole nite we'll be walking around taking fotos and "being tekaned", tat's too meaningless and routined.

Anyone got any idea to share??

jaspeng

hi Juve,

For me, first march-in will be as per normal. Has not come up with ideas on the cake cutting yet.

second march-in will be I enter from the main entrance, hubby from the side entrance, we march alone at the same time, than hubby wait for me and we will hold hand in hand walking to the stage. I know that this is common but at least, I knew that nobody did it during the wedding that I had attended so far.

I have a suprise wedding gift for my hubby, a animation show on how we met. So after 2nd march-in, will be the champane pouring. I will show the animation show after we toast to each other. After the show, will be inviting immediate family and xiong di up for the 3 yum seng.

jaspeng

hi juve,

Congrate and wish you and your hubby everlasting love. When is your big day? For me will be in next year march.

wow, you must have a very good and sweet voice. Maybe you can give a surprise by trying to compose a song yourself and sing to your hubby. That will be more personalised. Maybe like how you met or maybe how you apprecaite his song, etc Just my idea....

Actually I was thinking of buying a real wedding cake. After we cut the cake, get the waiter to cut the cake and distribute to all the guests. Come to think of it like very troublesome and hotel might not approve so I gave up.

Maybe I will buy a real wedding cake, and distribute to VIP tables only. See how first.

For the games part, that is a good idea, at least guest will not feel like, "pay ang bao", eat and goodbye.

For the table to table toasting, if toast to selected tables is not that nice, I'm afraid that guests will feel left out. Maybe they think, why toast to them and not me. For me, either no toasting at all or toast to all tables!!!

juve

Hi jas,

Congrats to you too! My wedding is in May. Yours is earlier than mine, bet you must be damn excited now!
happy.gif

Your march-in also quite unique, I haven't heard or seen anyone done tat b4 leh. Ohh.. so you're doing animation for your hubby? Tat's sweet! Haha... mine is actually a cartoon montage of how we met, how he confessed his liking for me, how we paat-tor, how he proposed, etc... very short and detailed. Was actually thinking of doing a MTV but dropped the idea. But hor, come to think of your animation, to do it you needa have lotsa coordination work leh... how to keep it a secret surprise for your hubby leh??

Thanks for giving me idea to compose a song for my FH. I actually did thought of tat too but to compose my own song it'd mean no background music leh... then wouldn't it be weird?? My voice is "still-can-do" so if no music then "guai guai" leh! Sigh... though my heart wants to...
sad.gif
Maybe just choose a song which will have him tearing can liao. Haha!

Jas, if you gona get a real wedding cake hor, then wouldn't your VIP feel too full when they also have to eat the courses? Nowadays people also seldom wana eat cake liao, just my opinion. May I noe wat's your purpose of wanting to get a real cake? Maybe I can help you with some ideas too??

Haha... having mentioned about games, I haven't thought of any yet. All I know is, they must have the audience's attention. Then they'll feel entertained while eating ma. As for table-to-table, maybe we'll just toast to ALL tables on the stage like wat you suggested. Great! Haha... then I can enjoy my night in my pace liao.
happy.gif

jaspeng

hi Juve,

Yeah, very excited. Keep on thinking whether did I miss out anything.

Ya ya, your animation and mine is the same.
I'll informed one of his xiong di to keep him busy outside the ballroom while one of my jie mei will test on the animation making sure that can play. Xiong Di and Jie Mei will co-ordinate between them to make sure that my hubby is "out" of the ballroom. After the toasting of champaign with each other, my Emcee will annouce the surprise for my hubby. My jie mei will play it.

I cross finger and hope nothing go wrong on that day.
uhoh.gif

For the song wise, maybe you can get professional to help you on that. I guess there are such professional help.

I thought of that too but my thinking was that it is funny to cut a dummy cake. No meaning lay. Cutting cake in a celebration meaning guest has to eat it lor, than got meaning mah.
happy.gif

At the same time, I'll also buy party pack from concourse to make the kid happy.

Do you have guests among that is good in drawing? Can get them up to the stage to draw a funny comical drawing of how there feel at the moment of time, etc....

nicenice

Hi,

I don't think game playing is a good idea, at least in my perspective. True, friends who attend your banquet might appreciate it, but the same can't be said for your relatives, who usually make up most of your tables.

To me, a romantic and sincere wedding banquet would be the best. It's like going thru a ceremony with romantic ambience and occassional joyous feelings.

Besides coupling with appropriate music (playing a single CD throughout the banquet by the same artist is a no no), ambience should be created right from the start, reminding the guests that they are here to celebrate and witness your matrimony, and not just here to plain eat their fill. Otherwise it just defeat the purpose of holding a wedding banquet (even if your parents 'forced' you into it, must still make it worthwhile).

The ambience can be created best with a slideshow before the 1st march, best coupled with well-edited video clips and best still, drawn animations with photo montage etc.

jaspeng

hi Juve,

After talking to you, I suddenly realised that the animation show done for my hubby is not that special, because I feel like the story is something he already know.. Wondering if he will be suprise or not.

hmmm..... maybe I add in a few lines to say out my feeling and maybe appreciation for his love.

hi nicenice,
Mine is not done yet. On the process.

juve

NiceNice,

Sorry my animation not done yet, perhaps starting next month??? My BIL will do for us as he's a designer, can only do when he's much free.

jas,

If you think tat the animation means something to you, my advise is, go on with it... cos though your FH already knew the story but don't forget, it's gona be something which you guys treasure a lot and also get to keep the cd which later you can replay after marriage or show your kids next time.
wink.gif

But...... nothing can be compared to sincere words of appreciation and true feeling for your FH on the stage. I'm sure it'll be very touching and the audience be having watery eyes... so wat you think your FH will react??? This will leave a deep, unforgettable memory for the guests too.

It's your call tat day! Just do whateva you guys are comfortable with.... Cheers!!!
biggrin.gif

juve

jas,

That's the spirit ma! Hahaha...
happy.gif

Perhaps you may wana do both the animation & the talk? Sure leave "well-deeped" memory!

Grr... I haven tot of any song tat's got superb meaningful lyrics leh, got any recommendation for me?? Btw, I saw an Arthur Yen dress which I liked leh. Tot of wearing it for outdoor photoshoot, ROM and cocktail reception on AD. Costs $129 leh... any advice??

jaspeng

hi Juve,

Wow talk, hmmm.... I can consider. Maybe talk to the person whom do for me.

Does your hubby know you are going to sing a song?
I have a recommendation. Here and Now from Luther Vandross.

I personally love the song. But it a guy singing. The song is about you are glad to take the vows with him. Tell me if you would like to listen to the song.

Any pictures of the dress?

juve

jas,

Hee.. you mean my gowns?? I just went for first fitting last week and managed to take some pics. It's only the outline done, no beads and wateva accessories yet cos MTM. My WG is tazan-styled and EG off-shoulder. Can show me yours too???
biggrin.gif

THANKS for recommending tat song. Should be very nice, will go search for it!
happy.gif

233072.jpg

233073.jpg

233074.jpg

jaspeng

hi juve,

hehehe... My referring to the dress picture is the one which you like from Arthur Yen whereby you ask if there is any advice.

My friend did buy a dress for about $200 plus for her reception only. Sometime different from others whereby normally bride will wear EG or WG. The result was all the guests "WOW" and everybody go forward and shake her hand and congrate her. It was so sweet. Just like a queen or maybe singapore idol.

Wow, you look elegant in the growns. The grown will look nicer after your co-ordinator has sew beads on the dress. I love the tazan-styled WG. Sometime different from normal growns. The third pic is the same dress as the second pic?

Your BS allow you to take picutres. My BS does not allow me to. Can't manage to get any pictures. Anyway, I have my PS done and tomorrow will select my pics. Will show you when my BS pass me the CD.

I have the song, maybe you can give me your email and I'll send it to you. I love the song and will use it as my 2nd march-in as well as background music for my solemnization at the swimming pool.
proud.gif

juve

hi jas,

So silly of me to think you're talking about my gowns. Hee.... too excited about them liao!

I do not have the pic of the Arthur Yen dress, anyway I just bought it today. My fiance says since I like it so much better buy now than later out of stock.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope the gowns turn out nice lor. Ya, the 3rd pic is the back view of the 2nd pic. How come your BS didn't allowed you to take pic? Just fitting ma, not photoshoot leh. Btw, you mean your BS will compile all the fotos to a CD??? Show me when it's done leh.....
wink.gif

Ya pls.... send me the song can? My email is [email protected] Wow, So nice to be solemnized by the pool, cool! Sure will enjoy EVERY second!

jaspeng

hi Juve,

Hmmmm.... so you can be just like my friend, all the guest saying wow.....

Ya, cannot. I saw a "no phototaking" sign near the changing place and I did not ask as well. Don't understand why also, it not a trade secret or anything....

Yes, they will compile all the pictures into a CD. About 200 plus photos.

Yes, show you but I only can get the photos after chinese new year.

jaspeng

juve,

You have other email account? The song itself is already 4MB plus. Cannot send to hotmail.

Now I have 200plus photos. Any idea how to make use of the photos? Thought of showing in the background. Guest can eat or eat and watch photos. But of course not showing all 200 photos. Maybe 50 photos. It not compulsory to watch like the photo mortage.

juve

Wah jas, your BS so good can give you the fotos all compile into CD ah?! Tot usually they wont allow us to take back, perhaps just selected negative return only?
uhoh.gif

Ok, you try send to [email protected]. About your 200+ fotos, maybe you wana put them into slides and display one by one while guests eat? (take note not too many fotos else guests will feel bored). Also, don't do like montage which is rather formal. Just a simple slide presentation will do, of course not forgetting slotting the right songs too.

jaspeng

hi juve,

I had sent you the song.

Scare me, at first can't find the thread. Then realised that it has shifted from Anything Under the sun to wedding banquet.

ya lor, the guy keep on asking us to take hotstamping, than we look at each other wondering should we take and the guy said:" ok, I give you ALL the photos in the CD Rom". Hahahaha......
biggrin.gif

jaspeng

hmmmm.......

only two of us in this thread.

Nobody to share share ideas for a special & unforgettable banquet!!!!
sad.gif

juve

jas, thanks for the email will go check. Btw, what's hotstamping?

Yewhoooo.... anyone there to share too???

sashamama

Dear brides:

Just found this thread.. hehe..

Planning to make my banquet as memorable as poss too! Mine is end Jun 05, what abt u gals?

Juve: U look really gorgeous in ur gowns! Thaks for sharing!

Jas: Animation is a great idea and it'd be a lovely keepsake. I'm sure ur FH wld really appreciate ur efforts in creating it and surprising him...

For me, i did suggest to FH to sing for me onstage without music, then the lights slowly light up, and i march in alone.. hehe... We have a theme sone you see, Aaron Kwok's Wei Yi Se Cai. Our idol is Aaron Kwok, for the past 11 year, so contemplated playing his songs thruout the nite! Of cos wld be playing his love songs, not dance hits... Any comments?

As for cake-cutting, thinking of doing it for my ROM which is done 1 hour before my banquet, so the closest frens and relatives are there to witness it and share the cake. I get my cake-cutting into a 3-tier real wedding cake, and they all get to taste it before the banquet starts! hehe...

Share pix with me ya? [email protected]
Thanks!!!

Yet to sort out what to do lo..

jaspeng

hi sashamama,

My wedding day is on 28 March 2005.

Hahahaha...... The animation is done by a friend not from me...... That what i told Juve whether to go ahead or not because my hubby already know the story.

Actually there are no limits of what songs to play. Can play any songs that we like as long it is suitable loving songs.

Hmmm... that is a great ideas for the cutting cake. So will you still have the cake cutting in the Banquet?

Same as you, I had my ROM before my dinner start.

jaspeng

hi hi,

I have an idea for 1st march-in.

1. Lighting dim SLOWLY.
2. And lighting bright slowly while Bride and Groom March-in.
3. Bride and Groom sit down. (No cake cutting)
4. Lighting dim SLOWLY again.
5. Waiter march in for 1st dish presentation.
6. Lighting bright SLOWLY again and guest start to eat.

All to be done in one song.

Do you think guest will feel giddy?
rofl.gif

juve

Hahhaa... finally not only jas & myself in this thread.
kiss.gif

Sashamama,

My wedding is 9th May 2005. Our dates all near near leh...
wink.gif
Your ideas for march-in and cake-cutting are great! So sweet! Like you guys, I'm considering whether to do solemnization before the banquet or 5/5/2005 (hot date!) Hopefully can get on the 5th, *juve prays*.

jas,

Sounds rather giddy hor? Hahha... Btw, thanks for the song.

juve

Wah, wedding is really no joke! I'm still left with 4+ months and there're tons of things to do!
crazy.gif

I did a rough month-to-month table, shall share with you guys and you'll understand it's no joke lor. <center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif
Wedding time-table
Table.xls (17.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Btw, need your advice. If I wana decorate the bridal suite, besides flowers and candles, what other things can I use?

jaspeng

juve,

good morning.

hahaha.... most of my things are done. Jealous? hahahaha....

By the way, aren't you sourcing for AD Photographer and Videographer.

sashamama

Dear Jas:

You'd be the first among us three to get married, so must offer us more tips!! hehe...

Might still have the cake-cutting during banquet... Yet to decide on details
happy.gif

As for the march in idea, am worried that the guests would feel clueless... If instructions are announced, might spoil the moment, but if dun have, they might be wondering when to sit, to stand, to clap, etc.
happy.gif

Dear Juve:

All the best to ur ROM date!
You doing it at the registry? Try to go online at midnight 3 mths before the date and keep trying lo! hehe...

If u do ur solemnization outside, then sure can get the date, just need to book another venue and the JP.
happy.gif

Thanks for sharing the table!!! Very comprehensive and helpful!!!

CHEERS!!!

juve

jas,
We've decided on a photographer/videographer liao, Simon from xxx (hee.. forget from which bridal liao). Heard he's rather popular, got to noe him recently at a fren's wedding. He's very nice and humourous. Have you guys heard comments of his work before? Give opinion ok?
wink.gif

So you've finished with your "homework", ok.... give us TIPSss!
biggrin.gif

Sashamama,
Also wish you all the best too!
happy.gif
Well if I can get 5th May then we'll go to the registry, only hoping can get tat date. Will heed your advice to try @ midnite 3 mths before.
bounce.gif

Glad the table is of some help... Why no advice for me regarding the suite deco leh???
uhoh.gif

sashamama

Dear Juve:

Sorry no hear abt Simon b4, can't help on that... :p

Oh my god... I'm so engrossed in ur table that i TOTALLY missed ur post on the deco! hahaha...

Jas' idea of the "Just Married" Sign is sweet. Rose petals and music too!

How abt a 8R table top pix of ur PS pix? Make the suite look like ur master bedroom! hehe... A box of chocolates, a bottle of champagne and wine glasses (with ribbons tied)?

That's abt all i can come up with at this moment...

Dear Jas:

Tips for wedding lo! What to do and what not to do, since you're the earliest!!! :p

Dear ALL:

HAPPY XMAS &amp; A MERRY NEW YEAR!!!

anoif

harlooo ladies,
i'm here to join in..hee
happy.gif

hi sashamama and jas, both of u are here!

i'm having my solemnisation before my dinner too ..at fort canning gallery &amp; foyer..and was thinking of walking down from the flight of stairs leading to our solemnisation area...

actually thinking abt having some entertainment/games for the guests..at least wont be so standard..hee..duno wat type of interaction games?

and think my FH's gonna hv a surprise for me during the dinner...tot of doing something for him, but i was wondering wat...hmmm

wat do u all think?
happy.gif

juve

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">MERRY CHRISTMAS</font> &amp; <font color="ff0000">HAPPY NEW YEAR!</font></font>
Hahaha... our family here is growing, great!
bounce.gif

Hey nana,
Welcome to this thread... So you're also doing a solmenization b4 dinner. Walking down the stairs with your FH is romantic, just like prince &amp; princess! Do put on your widest and sweetest smile ok? Hee... as for surprise for your FH, mmm.... recall wat is your FH's tangible wish then present to him tat nite? Of cos something realistic la..

jas,
Thanks for your great idea to hang the 'Just Married' sign. It's such an idea! Do share your experience or tips on the process of this happy wedding planning ok?

Sashamama,
Yup, I'm gona display my table-top photo and make the suite look cosily homely. Hee hee...

juve

Dear ladies,

Seems like nobody providing tips yet, so I've decided to create a thread about tips for beauty &amp; hair.

You can find this thread <font color="0000ff">"All about Beauty, Hair, etc... for brides!"</font> at main page under 'Beauty, Health and Fitness'.

jaspeng

hi ladies,
Merry christmas!!!
And good morning too.

Ok, why not asking me what are the things that you need to ask and know, I try my best to answer. Otherwise, I don't know where to start from.

I think nana is March Brides too and her AD is earlier than mine. hahahaha....
lol.gif
sabo nana....

hi nana,
Welcome. Nice to see you here....
Our March thread like moving quite slow hor.... Maybe everybody busy with their wedding.

Hi juve,
hahaha..... just an idea and now still wondering where to buy the sign. any idea?

hi nana,
Just like juve, sing a song to your FH?
Any idea how to make the solemnisation more meaningful? I still have not come out with any idea yet.

Is your solemnisation for your family and close friend only or for all the guests who attend your dinner?

For mine, it is a small affair for immediate fammily and close friend. Still wondering how to make it a memorable one.

jaspeng

hihi,

Thought of an idea.

Buy those "party popper", like those "pop" sound and colourful paper "came out". Got what I mean?

After the champagne pouring or maybe after cutting cake, ask friend to pop. But I'm afraid that it "drop" into the champagne.
rofl.gif

Maybe do that after the JP announce "I shall declared you as Husband and wife"

What you ladies think?

anoif

hiiiiiiii ladies!!!

wahaahah...sabo me hah, jas...;p...kekekke
yah mar'05 thread getting slower..kekeke...it's oni like 2 to 3 mths to the big day!

oh ya, my FH also suggested party poppers, bubbles, throwing of flower petals and etc..
think some candles and petals along the path that we will march in from the stairs..that will be arranged by our florist
happy.gif

jas, u can use bubbles too?? urs is at the pool rite?

ya ya..hee..the stairs is actually from outdoors, so will walk into the gallery from there...at first wanted a buggy ride..then dismissed that idea liao..
yup juve, hee, will put on my prettiest smile..kekekek...

eh...duno wat wish leh..cannot lah..cant bring myself to sing..whahah...wait scare the guests

hv u all ever tot of creating ur own vows?? it will be so personal and sweet..
happy.gif

for me, our solemnisation is open to all who wish to c our exchanging of vows..it will be stated in the cards lor..but most prob not all will turn up..

jaspeng

hi nana,

wow yours must be very romnatic.

Mine is at the pool for the solemanization and dinner at banquet.

I thought of creating own vows too. Had some questions though, creating vows meaning the whole vows or only the part whereby we say I will and I do?

Though of doing it in mandrian and then the part whereby we say I will and I do in English. Don't know will it sound funny.

anoif

hi jas
yah, or maybe modifying abit..
but think all these hv to be approved by ROM?
and the JP will hv to go thru the vows too..
some JPs help with the vows..
urs is david loh rite?
hmm..or maybe have both vows lor instead of a mixed one?

sashamama

Dear Nana:

Welcome!!!
Me thinking of surprising FH with making paper stars for him according to how many days we've been together. Bought the shiny papers liao, but yet to start! gotta make abt 1250!!! Will find a nice glass container to put. Then will continue making one for him just before i sleep, let him put into the glass container, for the rest of our lives!!! (Hope he doesnt read this!!!!!!)

I also wanted entertainment for guests le.. My banquet at Fullerton, is it too grand to have games? Advice pls?

Dear Jas:

To make solemnization meaningful, confirm need to custom make the vows ourselves lo! Wanted to march in with Dad for solemnization, but the room that Fullerton providing for ROM may not be big enuf for that...

I will be doing a small cake cutting session, hopefully 2 or 3 tier, during solemnization. Only 30 closest frens and relatives would be present.
happy.gif

My JP is David Loh too!
Think me &amp; FH would custom make our own vows, then surprise each other with it. That means, dun show the other party, til we read it out that day... BUT... I might have some compulsory content that i want FH to include lo! Mwah hah hah hah hah...

CHEERS!!!

juve

Hey Ladies, how's X'mas???? Hope you guys had enjoyed every bit of it.

Jas: Eh... I also dono where to get the "Just Married" sign leh. Perhaps can get info from its thread? I find popping after the JP declares Husband and Wife is so so romantic! Get ALL your guests to pop, it should create the Best atmosphere! Wah, is it really true personal vows need to be approved by the JP ah??

Sashamama: Maybe you wana seek advice from Fullerton whether games are appropriate? They should be able to help or perhaps they can give you other advice too.

nana: candles and petals along the aisle is good. So you've actually got a florist to arrange tat for you? I'm also considering getting a florist. Besides doing the aisle, wat other things will the florist do? How much do they charge for what?

jaspeng

hi nana,

I had checked with Mr. David and he mentioned that vows cannot say twice. So either in mandrian or english. Mix wise has not check with him yet!

I'm not sure whether customised vows need approval from ROM. maybe I go check with the David Loh thread.

hi sashamama,
Oh, yours is Mr David too. Did you meet him before? Need to meet up with him for the customised vows?

anoif

hi ladies!

jas,
oh?? cannot huh?
think can go thru the customised vows with our JP, then to let ROM approve..read that fm somewhere..
happy.gif

yup juve, got a florist to do all these decor..including the chairs decor, centrepieces, the stage decor , the pillars decor, the candles and petals, the solemnisation table, the reception table, and we even ask them to get green apples for us..our theme...haaa..
the prices depends on the type of flowers, and the design decor..think we paid ard 500 for it..
our florist is actually from our caterer..she juz became an in-house florist for our caterer..

hmmm, where will be ur dinner? tot they will provide a florist to do decor for u?

hi sashamama
hee, u are thinking of adding some "terms and conditions" in the vows hah? ;p
wow the stars sound so sweet, then how are u gonna present it to him during the banquet?
i've made before 101 love shaped papers with 101 reasons y i love him last time for anniversary..hee

juve

nana,

My wedding will be held at Le Meridien. Tot of getting a florist to arrange flowers for the suite but dono how they'll charge, like what package they have and all...

So you're paying $500 extra for all these? Ain't these supposed to be done by fort canning as well??

anoif

hi juve
yah the normal chair and table decor is provided in our package, think with centrepieces of a few types of flowers for ur choice
oh, fort canning oni rents out the places, we have to get our own caterer, florist, sound technician, etc.
hmm or maybe u wana chk with le meridien whether they can provide u the flora decor??

juve

Nana: Thanks for advice. Will check with LM if they can provide the flora decor.
happy.gif

Jas: I'm considering to engage Simon for photography &amp; videography. How's his work and any comment of him so far?

<font color="119911">ALL LADIES OUT THERE.....</font>
<font color="0077aa">Any other ideas for a fun wedding??
</font>
Eh.... by the way hor, I'm thinking of having slow dance with my FH on stage, along with other couples as well. How to make them join us on stage leh??
uhoh.gif