A Meeting Place for New Home Owners!

decbride

Hi Catz,

I'm only looking for the stainless steel for those pots for cooking noodles, soup, steamer, etc. The ones that my family is using is AMC and it's very good. Food cooks faster and I can even use it to fry stuffs sometimes. The pots are very hardy and there is this indicator on the cover and this is especially helpful to see whether the food is cooked or not.

As for wok, I'm not sure what I will get yet. A non-stick flat pan sounds great!

bea

Hi decbride,

I bought stainless steel pots sometime back. It's like AMC with the indicator. Just a more economical version. My mum has AMC pots too and I agree that they are really good. However, they are really expensive
happy.gif

May wish to look out for this company 'Jay Gee Enterprises' and see where they are selling their items (the pots that I bought). Got non-stick pan too
happy.gif

Good luck in finding the stuff
happy.gif

joanne

hi
u all want AMC pots?? my mum is one of the dealer... she can give good rates to u if u tell her that u are my friends...in fact she is giving me a whole sets for a small family like mine..
those she going to give me a of smaller size... quite cute actually... moreover they are giving free cooking lessons... which i might be signing up once my mum gives me the pots...
other than that.. they do give u a free replacement if ur pot happen to be spoilt.. and u only need to pay a small amount of money to replace a burnt pots.. due to ur carelessness

so feel free to email me... cos i believe my mum sure give u discount... as she is one of the managers

regd
joanne

joanne

hi dec bride
i checked with my mum, in fact AMC have smaller pots for smaller family... no need to get big ones... $1048 for a set for small family...- which includes a pan, 2 pots, 1 steamer, indicator 3 covers
believe mum can give u free gift too..heheheh will try to ask her to give u all if u want... i say try only huh.. no promise

now this is the promo price... the original price is $1300++

regd
joanne

gwen

Hi Joanne,

This is great! coz my mom is an AMC fan too! And she's thinking of getting a set for me. Hmm... do you think we can get an even better deal if the few of us buy together?
biggrin.gif

When will the promotion end?

joanne

hi gwen
my mummy says... there is no dateline yet... so grab it while it is still there...
u can just email me okie???
will ask her whether can sell all of u cheaper.. or not..cos this set is having 25% discount.. dun know whether can have further discount
tell u tomolo.. mummy sleeping liao

regd
joanne

A

amc newbie

Hi Joanne or any other experienced AMC user,
I have received a set of pots as a gift but not sure how to use them, Any tips? how are they diff from normal pots?

joanne

hi newbie
maybe u want to call up the person who gave u that pots??? or u can simply drop u a mail and tell u my mum 's number.. u can call her and sign up for the cooking class... they can even come to ur house and teach u cooking...

regd
joanne

joanne

hi dec bride
u can ask from any person selling AMC and ask them to show u the steamer in that range...i dun know how to tell u the size.
maybe check with mum again whether they have any measurement given

hi lavenderlilz
mmmm , AMC is not sold in department stores. normally they go to the neighbourhood or market... u can email me my mum and go and meet u .. i hope she can if u are interested... where do u stay? she always go to jurong area

regd
joanne

wiz

Hi all, I have just signed up with an ID firm-Image Creative... So far the co-ordinator is rally friendly and accomodating. The work will start this coming Wednesday. I just wanna find out for you people out there, what hidden costs I have to look our for.... cos' heard a lot about hidden cost..

Also wanna find our how much your contractor charge you per lighting point... Any electrician, parquet varnishing, acid cleaning to recommend?

Thanks

catz

Hi Bea,

If anyone's interested, the Barang Barang at Downtown East just got more new stuff... happened to kaypoh there that day since it's next to my place.
happy.gif

Hmmm.. what else? Did anyone see IdealHome in the papers? Wah lau.. can't imagine why they even bother to lie about Simply Living and IdealHome being separate entities when the pictures show the same furniture being displayed? :Þ Do they think we're all stupid and blind?

catz

Hi Bea,

Actually buying from the Downtown East outlet seems more worth it 'cos the stock seems really new!
happy.gif
Too bad I already bought all my furniture. :p Saw a telephone stand but it's in wenge. *sigh*... still looking for my beech/pine telephone stand. :p

Buay tahan those stupid IdealHome people... they are just crooks out to get people's hard-earned $... The worst thing is that consumer rights are ranked so lowly in Singapore. They wouldn't get away with it elsewhere. :Þ

catz

Hi decbride,

Nice to see you too.. nope didn't see any tel stands, except for the wenge one at Barang2. Quite hard to find tel stand leh! How's your curtains?
happy.gif

decbride

Hi Catz,
Ya lor. I also have problem. In the meantime, will leave the phone on the floor first.

Almost done. Some delay as I'm too lazy this week. Hopefully I can finish it up by next week. :p

bea

Hey decbride & catz,

Bought this low table from Ikea. Was a steal. Reduced from $69 to $29. Using it as a tel table.
It's white
happy.gif

decbride

Hi Bea,

Is it stable?
I saw one quite some time back, but the table is not very stable.
I'm looking a small side table as well.
When did you get it?

catz

Hi decbride and Bea,

Bea, yeah I saw the low table.. was contemplating but didn't quite fit in with the rest of my decor. *sigh* I'm picky lah.. Nevermind, can bide my time and I'm sure the PERFECT one will come along! In the meantime, I'm using those $10 folding table thingies from Ikea.
happy.gif

decbride, good luck for the curtains.. I still got one more room to do. :p

bea

Hey decbride,

Just bought it on Tues at Ikea. It is supposed to be fixed on wheels but we will be leaving that out so it wun move. If I am not wrong, it is Corras (White).

May wish to check it out.

decbride

Hi Bea,

Hmm, maybe that's different from the one I saw the other time.
OK, will see if I can pop by this weekend. The sale ending this sunday.

decbride

Hi Bea,

Seems that there is not much activity here.

Didn't managed to find time to go down to Ikea, you think the table is still available at the same price?. :p

catz

Hi Bea and decbride,

Think the Ikea sale is ending this weekend right?

But the Tangs sale is here! So can look for nice cookware/bedlinen as well as try out the stuff at the Beauty Hall.
happy.gif
Jialat.. $$ flying away again.
happy.gif

bea

Hey decbride,

Think that it shd still be there...as forthe price...haha...dun know man
happy.gif

Hey catz,

Tangs & Robinsons sale...too bad got most of my stuff liao
happy.gif

bea

Hey all,

MY hse is almost completed. Will be getting it by next Friday.

Everything turned out real okie...so i can heave a sigh of relief.

Now is to wait for the delivery of the things i ordered.

Yeah! Have a good weekend!

bea

Hi Catz,

Got my dining table from Safe Superstore. Tempered glass laid over white coloured postform & wood. Light coloured as u dun see the wood except for the legs
happy.gif

My bedroom stuff from Melandas. Think we got the same. Hagen King Set
happy.gif

My sofa set, ottoman, tv console, another console (for a corner)& coffee table from White collection. The sofa & ottoman does not come in till 3 weeks tme. The fabric has not been shipped in from Italy yet. On the way
happy.gif

Cosy corner low table and long cushions from Simply Living (ex-Ideal Home) :p

Study room table & cabinet from V.hive.

Kitchen and misc stuff from Barang Barang/Ikea/Robinsons/Metro.

Electical stuff from Harvey Norman.

Rather pleased with the look of the house now as things turned out better than expected. Maybe expectations a bit low...hee hee

Anyway, the ID company is cleaning up the place today. This is to facilitate the installation ot eh curtains and roman blinds tomorrow as well as wallpaper one wall in my cosy area
happy.gif

Will see the place after work.

catz

Hi Bea,

Wow.. you really went all over Singapore to get your stuff. I was lazy so it was Melandas, Barang and IdealHome :)p :p :p) for me. Same same, we both got Melandas Hagen king beds!
happy.gif

Sounds really nice.. I think we've got the same kind of simple taste. And I was really thankful that the ID provided cleaning up service 'cos there is a lot of cleaning up after reno!

bea

Hey catz...

Heng ah...fot the cleaning
happy.gif

Yep...my place is simple in design...more pratical than fanciful...

Just have to wait till Friday...Yeah!

decbride

Hi Bea,

congrats!

I was also very relieved when my place is done.

Cleaning is really a big headache. I had to do alot of cleaning even after my contrator had done it for me. It's just too dusty.

I'm so glad that it's over now.

Now, it's time to go shopping for other household stuffs already?
:p

When is your wedding date?

bea

Hi decbride,

Just dropped by my new hse earlier on. They did a thorough cleaning and I must say, the place is spick and span. However, will still be mopping the place up before & after the furniture comes in. At leas, it saves me the trouble of cleaning the really dirty windows.

I got most of my things already. Just left with the bamboo poles, mop & broom :p I am a real shopper huh?

Getting married in Jan 2003.

decbride

Hi Bea,

You bought everything already???!!!
Wow! You are really efficient.

I'm having headache thinking of the nitty gritty stuffs that I'm buying for my house. I'm getting really tired of shopping sometimes.

Sometimes, just can't make up my mind.

Anyone knows when the sale at CKTang is going to end?
Thinking of buying the corelle pots. Pretty nice and it's neat!

bea

Hi decbride,

haha...yep...got all my stuff.

While waiting for keys to the hse, I was just going around and picking up small stuff.

Then while house was renovating, spent weekend after weekend getting furniture as well as the other necessary stuff. Was planning to furnish the house when it is ready. Then can concentrate on doing wedding preps.

It was a good excuse to do hardcore shopping
happy.gif

troubled

hi gals I am troubled over the new paintings price and marble grinding..seems like my contracter quoted double the price tat the newspapers advertisement is giving...Please advise...I was told of price $1000 for paint job and in the newspapers advertisement which I enquire is $500 per job and the terms is the same..what should I do?

catz

Hi troubled,

Thought paint job and other such jobs would be charged by room size? So you can't generalise that your contractor's charging double, right? Best to stop worrying.. pick up the phone and call up the advertiser from the newspapers. Sometimes got catch, that's why they advertise such cheap prices. So don't worry.. call first!

decbride

Hi troubled,

I think the market price for painting of a 5 room and above flat is around $1K ++.

The price difference could be due to:
1) Types of paint used. They might not use original paints. It could be mixed using other paint and thus of sub-standard quality.
2) No. of coats. It makes a lot of difference in the no. of coats used.

Hope this helps

troubled

Hi catz, I called a few and they all quote me similar prices according to my house size..so I really scratch head?Do u think its safe to use their services???

catz

Hi troubled,

Think decbride is right.. if they use cheapo paint, their costs will be lower. As long as you trust your contractor, then don't go looking for bargains here and bargains there... end up with more hassle. :p If you've already got a contractor to do the rest of the house, why not just ask him for a discount? Easier than negotiating with a separate painter right?
happy.gif

troubled

yup true, but actually my house only need two job that is painting and gringing of marble floor, so really in dilema wheather to split search for these two or go to a contractor, cause if I split I can save $1000.....
sad.gif

I asked one painter and he is charging $700 for a five room paint job three coat inclusive of base coat white. n he is using ICI Wash and tear paint...
what do u gals think??

catz

Hi troubled,

Oh, in that case, go for it! Better make sure those ppl are reliable first but if can save $1k, should be good. ICI paint is good.
happy.gif