A Meeting Place for New Home Owners!

stevy

Hi Everyone,

Need your advice here. I suppose all of you know that for resale flat, a HDB personnel is supposed to verify everything is in order else seller has to rectify it before the transaction is to proceed.

In my case, I went thr the 2nd appointment and HDB say there are no problem in the flat. Upon renovation, We realised that the previous owner had lay their cables underneath the tiles!!! This is against the HDB rules.

Have anyone encounter this before?

Cos, I had to hack the tiles and lay the cables again which cost me about at least 6-8K!!!

What course of action caould I take? Complain to HDB? Cos its their fault?

But then again, I am afraid we will be "marked" by them then it will be diffcult to sold my flat in the future.

twinnie07

Steve, your case is tricky. I guess the owner is not honest enuf to tell u that his reno is not according to HDB rules. Perhaps you can always call HDB (the officer who serve ur case) for advise.

summerice

Hi Steve

when u view the place u never notice there are no trunking? Since u are going to hack n relay again in the correct method? Then it should not be a problem when u sell ur flats next time. It is risky if u do something that is not allowed, the HDB officer when checking ur house can ask u to change the things to the approved standard. So better not take the risk.

summerice

haha i must be dreaming.

JGal u also come this thread.
happy.gif

jgal

ha haha.. i just passing back.. normally.. i go to the interesting thread that has been updated recently. :p

so many posting.. see already also faint

mintee

hey summerice, haven't ran into you in the forum for sometime!
happy.gif
i'm just starting on my reno research. have u completed your house reno? u have any contractor to recommend?
happy.gif

summerice

hi mintee,

ya finish my reno. oh i use ID & contractors..... My ID is so so only....coz most of the designs are done by me n HB.

mintee

hi summerice, so u gave your ID an ez time since both of you are so much into the design! ;) Do u mean you hired the contractors separately, or are they thru your ID? Is the worksmanship etc ok? Care to share the contacts? thanks!

0212bride

Hi summerice, do share your ID & contractors contacts cos I'm planning to reno my hse in mid 2007. Did you hire the ID & contractor separately?

I'm v keen to use the contractor who did my gf's place. He has his own ID lobang so really helped to keep costs down 4 my fren. The reno was a good job too. Pity my gf is o/seas. I only rmbr the contractor co is Arowana, heard of it? Me wrote to her for the contractor's tel no. Hope to get it asap. No harm comparing notes cos tho the feedback is he's v helpful n professional, I still gotta do some hmwork w FH as we're 1st-time flat owners, qt ignorant yet anxious :p

nichiyobi

Hi All,

If you are posting how good your ID or contractor do a good job to your home, I would greatly appreciate if you could share pics of your reno. This will benefit to all who keep this thread alive.

(Nowadays pics taken from HP also very good quality)

Thanks.

jendave

Nichiyobi
Some people might not like the idea of posting the house photos for some personal reason. It would be gladly appreciated if some do, but even if they dont, words of mouth is more than enough. Anyway from the photos, you still cant tell whether design/workmanship is nice. It's very individual when it comes to design. It's either u like or juz don't like it.

I saw "exactly the same posting" from you in another thread. It doesn't look like you are sharing but more on just passing a remark.

summerice

Hi

So sorry....did not come in to this thread for so long. Oh i got an ID but i do get in other contractors as well. Like i call in the window, painter, electrical contractors myself. They dont belong to the ID guy. We did the coordination on our own...like when to ask who to do what. We were there most of the time when different contractors work...we didnt rely on the ID. Even the aircon we buy it on our own and decide where and how we want to run the trunking. The only time we go up less is when the ID contractors work on the tiling. Even cabinets were mostly design by us, we just pass the ID fellow our design drawing and he inform his carpenters what to do.

As for the contractors only the window i can share with u....the other 2 is actually my parents friends...i am not sure if they take jobs outside. Oh but the quality is so so and the workmanship is not good IMO.

snoopie

hi,
anyone can share your reno quotes? mine is a 4rm resale reno, urgently looking for quotes. i was quoted abt 30-40k, many other forums seem to be able to do it within 20plus.
thanks!

[email protected]

bugsfire

hi all,

from my experience I feel that if you already know what yoiu need, its best to just go straight to contractor. In fact thats what some of my I.D friends told me too, as you will save quite abit of money.

Anwyay, I got a contractor to recommend if you guys need one. He does my office and family's house renovation. Do email me if you need his contact. my email is [email protected]

saxie2012

Hi
Sourcing for a trustworthy responsible and reasonably-priced contractor to carry out full renovation works for a 3-room (73 sqm) within a limited budget. Any recommendations to help us start this process? Good experience with your reno contractor? Please intro...

Prefer to physically view couple of past works with no obligations. For contractors: Please quote and email us at [email protected] if keen to pursue. Thanks.