A Meeting Place for New Home Owners!

gin

hi puzzle and tt,

ay, the person talked to me is tony leh..... dun know how good is he lah... but he sounded that he will be very responsible and etc.... so headached now....

he showed us the 5 room package...

T

tt

Puzzle,
Collin isn't a Eurasian. I thought he was too when i first saw him. If i didn't remember wrongly, his a philipine. His wife is a teacher(chinese). He kids are very cute one.
Since you already sign the package, still can revise meh? Did he bring you to any flats in Sengkang to view? If i didn't remember wrongly, he mention that there's one very good carpenter who has done up my colleague place.
But do take note, if you stay in the west zone, then another guy will most likely to lias with you instead of Collin.

Sorry Gin, i dun know who Tony is. Did you ask around for other quotes too? I've already compare with other 5. From there, you can also get to know a feel of the prices in market, then can bargain with them lor.

puzzle

TT,

Thanks for the reminder! I will tell them I only trust the person I signed the package with if they assign me someone else. North Zone....hmmm...there are some things which I think I dun wan and besides, Colin said we will go down to the flat and do the measurements etc so that he can quote the cabinets etc. If it is any other people, then too bad, I will not want the company. It is usually the project manager who will make the difference, not the company. Look at the sale personnels who will make an impact on their customers, not really the shop itself. Gin, see if you can change the project manager lor. Maybe we can go and do collective bargaining if the packages we want are similar hee hee!

T

tt

Puzzle,
Some cost you must check with them. It may not be included in the package. That is the clearing of debris, haulage fees if already included, price range for tiles, and also chemical wash. Try to find out their installation charges too. Should be about $30 if i'm not wrong. Believe you can also ask for those hydraulic kind instead of normal metal hinges, if you understand.

puzzled

TT,

Thanks! Oh must ask him to breakdown everything properly. Now then go and see HDBay website and see whether got any concepts I like ha ha ha...found a few...I think I want to sponge my ceiling with sky effect after goin to Great World City today....

Wahhh 1 am still not in bed?

T

tt

Puzzle,
i'm still working then mah. You should have ask him to write down everything. From door knobs to anything you can think of. I dun think they will really sponge the ceiling for you. But you can try asking them, hopefully they dun charge extra.

T

tt

Puzzle,
If you are still around, you wanna drop your email address here? I try typing out the quote to you

puzzle

TT,

Thanks in advance! My email is [email protected]
happy.gif

T

tt

Puzzle,
I sent it to you tonight. It's saved in my home PC. When will you be meeting him for your second appt?

T

tt

Puzzle,
I've sent already. Jus to share another info. Their hualage fees for 5room is about $800-850 and 4room $600-650. This is approx. value and is not included in the package. There are 2 kinds, one to pay to HDB or Town council(not sure which one) and the other to the contractors to pay for loading of sand/cement. The price for the HDB can be known by calling the number that is stick on the lift of your block. My area is approx. $182, diff area diff price

Gin,
Is good to compare before commiting.
happy.gif
Think some places have already reduce the prices

hopeful

Hi all,

I am currently renovating my new house. I am sourcing around for mover. Anyone one have good recommadation?

I am afride to get those that jack up the price when everyone is loaded on the lorry.

thanks

N

nates gal

Hi Hopeful, I recommend Cheetaz. They're very professional and fast. No tiny pickup trucks and they even help you wrap heavy furniture with corrugated boards and clear wrap before moving! I paid about $600 for a single trip as they used a very big moving truck to move everything at one go. They charge according to the size of the flat you're moving from. You can get them to come take a look and give you a quotation on the spot. One more thing.. they are not pushy at all. You can call 68440110.

puzzle

Crapster,
Hello! Errr.... do I know you huh? Yah loh, got my flat in Sembawang. Right in the middle of both our parents' place, but supper far from our workplace ha ha. I think a lot of young families are starting up in Sembawang.
I thought I saw your posting in another thread rite?

puzzle

TT,
Thanks for the email! It must have taken you a lot of time to type them out. Hmmm...I think we will meet up with Colin next week, after my assignments are done over this weekend. Hee hee, looks like your place has a lot of glass panels!

T

tt

puzzle,
got meh? Only the shower screen only right and the mirror mah. Dun see other panels liao. I have mostly carpentry works lor. Do tell me your progress lor.
happy.gif

puzzle

Dear tt,
Today I went to my house and sat there and did nothing except reading and day dreaming ha ha, at the rate I am going I think I will most probably take a year...but somehow the designs seem to be falling into place, must budget for furniture before I ask Colin down to do a proper space planning!

puzzle

Crapster,
Yah what That day I told you I will be staying in Sembawang. You are really forgetful, nevermind I forgive you, afterall you are forty going on seventy liao...

zapper75

Hi all,

Has anybody tried this renovation company before?
Would appreciate any form of feedbacks.

Approached them on last Sunday...would be geeting their quote on this Wednesday/Thursday.

Thanks in advance for any form of feedbacks.
Cheers!

puzzled

Hi Zapper,
I am currently having my house done by Lourve. Very basic package for 4 rooms, took off the false ceiling and downlights package from the original package, around 13K. There are still other charges for haulage and other things. I will email you if you need more info.

scobido

Hi all

I am in the midst of looking for a reliable and good contractor/id. Any recommendations?

Seems like there is a lot of things to be done is it? V stress...

afcai

Hi moo,

Yup, it is a very stress kind of things to co-ordinate with diff ppls cos I outsoruce diff ppls doing diff thing - wet work, carpentary, painting, electrican, air-con etc. some thing l do it DIY, eg installing of lights and plumbering work by my dad.

One will gain and learn something during the co-ordination and renovation part.

after all, when one luv nest is done, one will be feeling great as all the effort one put in will be a satisfication and hard work result. It 's tired afterall and it 's worth.

afcai

Hi moo,

not really a good lobang but those outsource co-ordination are much cheaper but more efforts have to put in. My contractor(wet work) and ID(carpentary) are recommended by hbay by signing up their free tour. There are discount voucher to use too. for eg, my discount air-con voucher come fr there.

for more info, u can browse thru their website at http://www.hbay.com.sg/html/right/advice/raft/raft.htm

basilyong

can send to my email address : [email protected]

thanks veri much.
i am in process of sourcing for renovators or id firm. wonder anyone can share any experience with me?
a private mail is okie too.
i just went to reno exhibition at suntec.
there seems to have many id firms there grabbing customers.
any one has any experience with unique, and rest and relax??
thanks in advance

sherlin

hi all,
i am new here too & just gotten the keys.
Can anyone also share some quotes from id or contractor with me?

Any good, reliable and cheap contractor or id to recommend me?

I hope to settle the renovation issue asap so hope to get more info & help from all.

Thanks. Can email me at [email protected]

steff

Hi Sher Lin,

I can recommend that you try this company for your curtains/blinds. They have lovely fabrics and are priced reasonably. On to of it, they have nice people to talk to.

www.miragebf.com.

Hope this helps in any way
happy.gif

honeybear

Hi Sher Lin...

thk saw ur post somewhere in other threads b4.. u staying Jurong?
Btw, if u need a quote for renovation, i can recommend this contractor to u. Hes my friend's bro n Hes doing my 5rm flat.. my total come up to abt $15+..... He can oso thk of some ideas for u...
keep me posted.. oso, try to source for more quotes b4 settling down.
Cheers

honeybear

Btw, anyone here hv any lobang for wrought iron window grills.. those that i had sourced are far too ex... ard $2k.... for whole hse

stars03

I have some deco items suitable for Zen/Balinese/Resort for sale. Solid wood and hand carved buddha head in 2 different sizes and a table top design with stand for sale. Anyone interested can come over to our home to view the items this weekends. Please email me at [email protected]

292978.jpg

susany

can anyone advise me, which bank gives the best loan in terms of cheapest interest & flexibility payment? thanks.

afcai

why take bank loan, take HDB loan better? maybe you can check it out fr bank to bank for the latest updates or check it out at their website.

hello88

agreed with afcai that HDB loan is better even though most people are attracted to the low interest rates for bank loan (NB: only for 1st or 2nd yrs). If can take HDB loan, do take it even if its 2.6% as HDB allow owners to default their housing loan and there's always room for discussion. But banks would sue owners if they default their instalments. There have been instances whereby owners had been made bankrupt due to defaulting of housing loan from banks.

bleue

Aiyo! I tried so hard to appeal for HDB loan. Grab the HDB loan if you are still eligible..

Not only on points Celia mentioned, if you take a bank loan, you got to come out with Cash too. This yr is 4%,next yr 6%.

Abstract from HDB website:-

HDB buyers who are eligible for HDB concessionary loans are free to opt for a bank loan instead. Thereafter, they cannot seek refinancing from HDB for a concessionary loan for the same flat, on the basis of their original eligibility to do so. Their eligibility for a HDB concessionary loan to buy another flat would depend on the prevailing mortgage loan policy and their income level at the point of application.

susany

I tot there's no more HDB loan, by the I'm a very new PR, am I eligible if there's one? I went to the HDB website, it seems there's no more HDB loan lah, since 1 Jan 2003. I'm intending to get a HDB flat with my husband, but having ZERO knowledge in the procedures of getting one, hope I could get more info from here. For a PR, it's better to get a unit which doesn't need anymore upgraded work, right .. but how would i know which area is planned to be upgraded and which has already been upgraded and which hasn't ..

bleue

Oh I see. Your hubby is also PR? then I think you cant take HDB loan. Since 1 Jan 2003, there are no more MARKET rate HDB loan, we are talking abt concessionary rate HDB loan which PRs are not entitled to.

Usually newer estates will not have much upgrading as all lift level,no more room to add on extra room/balcony I think.

susany

Thanks blueu ... my husband is a PR too.

I'm actually looking at Bedok Central, been renting a whole unit now, so intending to get 1 around this area. There's many old flats and heard that if to get a 4-room pure flat, there'll be no plan for upgrading .. Upgrading is usually for a mixture of 3-room & 4-room units of a same block, is this true?

hello88

SusanY,

HDB actually released about 100 units in many estates (direct from HDB but were not sold for min. 5 yrs) just last month or in May (cannot recall) for PRs and singles. Maybe you can call HDB to check but would suggest u and hubby make a trip to HDB to find out more about your intention to get a HDB flat. The HDB officers would give u a better idea of the pros and cons by analysing your status and situation.

aduhlene

hi hi people,
hb and I will be collecting keys for my new flat day before national day. We got a 5-room at depot road. Any neighbours here?

jendome

Hi Ade

I am also collecting my key in Aug @ Depot road
U might want to join the thread under home and deco - Depot road, there are more neighbours ...

lyn6305

Hi Ade & Jennifer,

I was previously scheduled for key collection on 04 Aug but too rush for me as i only got to know abt the appt on 25 Jul via HDB Enquiry website so i postponed it to Sep. So have u all look for renovation coy oredi?

Hi Puzzled, can u email me ur Lourve quotation too as me also considering them. Thanks!

kao_laugh.gif