8 to 13 tables wedding banquet & solemination, where to go???

intel

we planning to get marry in nov 09 - jan 10
small and cosy wedding we prefer.. it can be afternoon lunch or night dinner. can be buffet or table of 8 or 10.

wedding venues for such a small wedding. can you ladies pls give me some advice? we prefer outdoor, garden or pool or sea. if really no choice hotel will be ok too..

If u r selling, wanting to transfer pls email me at [email protected]

tks

mixue

amara hotel will be a good choice...
happy.gif
or M Hotel also ...

piyo21

I have the following items for sale.

1. 10 x Mirrool Creek Cabernet Shiraz red wine - $180. Org Price - 21.40/bottle

2. 2 x Wedding Mug - $3.

3. A pair of wedding bear car deco - $20

Please email me @ [email protected] for details

forest06

you can consider finding an outdoor area you're comfortable with and order buffet or outdoor catering.

Outdoor Catering service would most probably be cheaper than in a Hotel.

If you need recommendations for Outdoor Caterer can try out Pin Si Kitchen. Haven seen their Outdoor Wedding but tried their food. Very nice =D

pangie

Hey Teria, you may want to try one of the restaurants at Rochestor park. Min Jiang is quite a nice spot, i am having my wedding dinner there in Aug - they sit about 11 tables max so it'll rather cosy.

yellow_forest

hi ladies,

if u want something really diff and a outdoor wedding, i strongly recommend Onerochester and Cassis at rochester park... Cassis is at unit 7 and is a french cuisine, a very pretty and romantic place at night!

Onerochester is at unit 1, a cosy garden feeling...

of cos, you have to be prepared that outdoor wedding in such places wont be of any cheaper than a 6* hotel... but marriage is ONCE in a lifetime, u dun do it to ur liking now, u wont have a second chance...

nobody will want a second chance, isn't it? heehee~
happy.gif

fongzi

Actually you can try Grand Park City Hall, I am holding my Solemnization and Wedding there. I will be holding around 10 tables so took a small function room which is just nice for 10 tables... no more than that. ANd my solemnization, champagne pouring, and cake cutting, will be done at the courtyard (open space concept) area, and tat is the place that will be holding a cocktail reception before the dinner. SO this way, it makes a solemnization looks like a wedding instead.
happy.gif
I have been there, trust me, you will like the courtyard area.....

nauxto

hi james,

for your solemnization at the courtyard, do they provide you with chairs, red carpet for walk-in, PA system etc? thanks

helita

Hi James,
Grand Park City Hall sounds interesting..
Care to share more info.. Am planning to soleminize end of nov..but not sure where to hold a small solemization cum dinner recep..if u don mind how much is this place per table? or the package?
Thanks....

bibao

Hi James.

Grand Park City hall at where/ care to share more.. Me doin Rom event but want it to be a bit more formal cos not doin banquet... Will do abt 10 tables or so... Mind telin hw much ur package or share ur package?
Thanks alot!
[email protected]

yoyo_boy5225

im having my AD and solemnization @ asian civilisation musem - river room & terrace.Max is 15tables but im having only 13 as my buffet line will be in the hall itself.The terrace is outdoor for ROM and guest to mingle.If you want to have marquee then u can place ur buffet line at the terrace.Ours is buffet style so we actually cater from kristxx.You can look for serene and she will be very happy to help you organize the whole event.

The venue itself is $3.8k for 4hrs.You can nego with them if u need it earlier for the vendor to come in for the set-up.As for the florist we went to the red petals as they are tie-up with kristxx.

My wedding is on the 3rd Oct 09.If you need more information can email me @ [email protected]

kimlian

MEGU at the singapore flyer is a beautiful place for a small ROM lunch reception / wedding banquet! We won a $800 megu wedding voucher, but unfortunately we've already booked our venue!! Willing to let go at 40% discount i.e. $480 only.. price still negotiable. Please see www.megu.com.sg for more pictures, and contact [email protected]
thanks!

fongzi

Yoz~~~!

Ok, just finish my big day on 4th Oct. a very different experience i can say. A big thank you to the Grand Park City Hall's staff.

Here's a bit of sharing:

I manage to clinch a solemnization cum wedding dinner deal with the hotel. mine is a small scale event, only 10 tables sit-down style dinner....

630pm: Cocktail reception @ Courtyard with 50 theatre-style sitting arrangement

Sound system provided for emcee & first march in music.

we have our solemnization there, groom's thank you speech, cake cutting & champagne toasting (with yam seng!!!). No red carpet as we don't want it to look like a traditional chinese wedding.

730pm: guests were ashered into a function room w/o stage. function equipped with sound system for emcee and music.

800pm: our second march in - into the dinner area...

Yes, it sounds very different. there isnt any activity other than photo taking (table by table). this arrangement, both myself and my wife got to eat almost all the dishes!!!

i can say this is a very very different arrangement, first time for the hotel and the only time for myself and my wife.... the court yard area is very very romantic......

cheers~~~

fongzi

Yoz~! once i get the photos from the photographer, i will paste the link here for you all to see.

or you all prefer Facebook?

bibao

Congrat to u james!! Can share more on th photos too as me also intend to do a different wedding..

Thanks!!!

fongzi

I will let you guys see once its ready, but a bit sneak peak in my facebook account. you can send me message say who are you and add me as friend so i can let you see some sneak peak. my email is [email protected]

Cheers!

nauxto

it really is a different kind of arrangement u have. and both u n ur wife looks great!
the event at the courtyard sure brought along a different kind of feel.
my wedding will be held at Grand Park nxt year as well, so am just deciding if the solemnization shld be held indoors or out in the courtyard.........

fongzi

my whole event is less than 6k. exact figure i forgot liao. ask for the solemnization package sit-down style

denisee

il lido @ sentosa golf club holds solemnization and weddings. Not a big place but perfect for a small cosy wedding. Good view of the sea and golf course there too..However, it seems like there's no public transport in..so ur guests might need to drive in.

denisee

il lido @ sentosa golf club holds solemnization and weddings. Not a big place but perfect for a small cosy wedding. Good view of the sea and golf course there too..However, it seems like there's no public transport in..so ur guests might need to drive in.

bluewingz

Hey James,

I like ur wedding style pics...

U mind sharing some info?

Is the solemnization area hot? or izzit air-con?

Any minimum or maximum seatings there?

fongzi

Hi Bluewingz,

Firstly, congratz!

Its @ Grand Park Hotel (City Hall) open space area. Their courtyard area. So really have to depends on the weather. I manage to squeeze around 50 seats in theater style. I think most of your guess will be standing on groups rather than sitting. But some sit, some stand, atmosphere is great. Not very strict.

After the solemnization, u have to arrange your friends/helpers to usher your guest to the dining area. dining area will be indoor and aircon-ed. =)

If anything, please let me know, if i can help, no issue at all! =)