$20k for Jurong West Executive possible?

jaimesu

yeah loh tat's y we dun want to collect the key first since we r not moving in yet.. if not got to start paying all these fees.. sigh...

jaimesu

hehe yeah.. but at least now we got a flat tat we can say it's our own.. it's something good also.. hehe..
happy.gif

swatdila

i am on the 15th, and you will be surprised that mozzies still can come in.. haha.. of coz not that often, but still hv lor...

devila_mun

swatdila, u on the 15th floor? fallingflakes on the 14th?? again which blks are u gals in??? i'm on 15th 656A (hack might as well say my address...the mine is the 347 unit) is swatdila my neighbour?????

fallingflakes

wah it's so cool!!! swatdila is on the 15th at 656A and that means she is ur neighbour!!! Wah thats so cool!!!!! I'm at 656D lah, say so many times liao *faint*. HAiz, where art thou my howdy neighbour????

Hi all..

been to my place for so many days, still didnt see my neighbour..
sad.gif

for water heater, think central heater will be good. the water is very powerful...

fallingflakes

wah we went to our flat today and the moment i stepped in...i stepped onto sand! finally hdb sent workers to do the cement screeding! Saw so many bags of sand haha. my reno finally at long last starting tmr...just nw we went there to take one last look...it will be a long time, or probably never again, will we see it in its original bumpy state liaoz....

devila_mun

hmmmm seems tat all the 656s are sold... even 2nd floors de....
happy.gif
and this time round, the prices of the flats thru hdb like went up at least 10k-15k.... a good sign??

monkie

hope that our flats will appreciate and show to thost ppl who "look down" on west flats..
they always Suan us that we stay in "Zhu Rong" as in Pig place..and say that "is jurong in singapore?" dammm scarastic.

fallingflakes

devila, u mean the prices of our flats actually went up??? wah that's a good sign leh, esp in the future when the expanded Jurong Point is ready! Resale value also higher!

jaimesu

hehe yeah.. but if the gov really build a foreign domitory opp our blks, then it will be a disaster.. ppl won't want to buy our flats if we want to sell one day.. sigh really hope they will consider properly.. my sis, who is staying at blk 653B, the moment she heard abt it, she say she wants to move out liao..

devila_mun

jaime, tell ur sis, there already has a dormitory opp our blks (c those blue n white short buildings??).... just smaller in size....

devila_mun

fallingflakes, this time round, there was 2 units of 656s which was on the 13th floor leh.... both units are priced by hdb and sold at $270k approx. during our time in jan07, 13th floor isnt tat ex rite? i think about $260k or less??? and the N6C16, near pioneer mall there, 7th floor aready hit $270k onwards liao....
happy.gif

jaimesu

oh those domitories r new ones? din notice it.. but r they going to build another one?

hmm the flats price is going up ah.. hehe lucky we bought ours in jan..
happy.gif

fallingflakes

errm ya Devila is right, those blues ones have been ard for some time liao. Actually they dun cause any trouble cept that u will find Jurong point kinda crowded by them during the weekends, haha.

devila, wah! 13th floor now selling 270k????? even more exp than mine! phew heng we bought ours earlier!

jaimesu

devila mun, then i think i noe which ones le.. it has been there i think when my sis moves in few yrs ago.. they always gather in groups at my sis's block.. but when the police starts patrolling ard tat area then no more le.. hehe.. that area was on the news a few times abt these foreign workers..

jaimesu

hehe fallingflakes u r rite.. they dun cause so much trouble now liao.. now most of the time they r gathered ard the coffee shop area.. when i go to my sis's hse, i always see them there.. hehe and my sis's block there got this old man always beat them one so they dun dare to go there liao..

hmm think the next round of selection the flat price will go up further..

starmed

devila
how's your reno? hee...been away for a week...:p the unit opp mine has started their reno also. Just hate the sand n dust that's blowing into my house when I open the main door. Now, I dun leave my main door open liao... gonna wait till the reno opp is done up.

jaime
think we here in Jurong is not so bad...try staying at the 'Teck Kar market' area... it's horrible on weekends esp sundays. Got a fren who stayed there n for once, I tot I was in India or what... so crowded!! :p

thikn the plot of empty land is catered to the dorm liao... *hopefully, govt may change their mind???*

starmed

hmmm...think someone were toking abt the instant n storage heater... Mine is a storage heater... find it rather good cos if I on it before I shower in the evening(heats up rather fast)... of course, have to off it after showering...
happy.gif
the next morning, u dun have to on it again...cos the water is still hot. The tank is able to keep the temperature of water hot at least for 10 hours or so... got a insulated capacity...
happy.gif
so it's not exactly electricity consuming... ;p

devila_mun

lavender, my reno? stop n start stop n start... aiyo... when my contractor was hacking one side of the wall, the other side starts to crack big time!!!!! imagin, while my contractor was hacking the slanted wall in my MBR, my 2nd bedroom (furthest from MBR) wall crack 2 big vertical cracks from ceiling to floor!!!! *shock* mabe the vibration too big???? it was a very slow n stressful start... now hopfully everything will go smoothly.... *pray n hope, hope, hope*

devila_mun

decide to do windows for both balconies.... still intend to keep the balconines doors thou.... the wall is just too delicate for rain or shine le.....
sad.gif

jaimesu

lavender, hehe i guess u r rite.. our area is not so bad le.. at least now they dun sit ard everywhere..
happy.gif
but some as u i also hope they will change their mind of having another dorm..
happy.gif

devila_mun

nope, the gov wouldnt change their minds the. only thing is hope that the entrance of the dorm is on the other side and not opp our blocks can liao!!!
happy.gif

ouchie

hi neighbours!

yes indeed storage heater is NECESSARY for anyone who intends to install a rain shower for their toilets. instant heater will not have enough pressure to push out the water and it'll most prob be reduced to a trickle.

btw ever since i submitted my defects list two weeks ago... progress is still very slow. no screeding is done yet but at least the tiles r all hacked away n waiting to be replaced.

hope things will speed up this week once the tiles r delivered...

babu n devil,

hw is ur renovations n rectifications getting along? just dropped by the neighbourhood last wkend n saw alot of tiles delivered n workers all over the area..quite an exciting feeling..lol.

do u think there's any furnitures or appliances that will be worth to grab for the coming Great Singapore Sale? really must make the most out of it! *grin

starmed

devila
the walls in the building seems like to crack alot... think u saw when u came ot my place... hee..Mine patched up n somehow over time cracked again(did this a few times liao)... saw some new cracks too forming...sigh...I give up liao...really sianz...anyway, planning to repaint my place in another 3-4 years time... might be doing some minor reno too by then.. :p

jaime
my thinking also same as devila...so as long the entrance of the dorm is at the Soon lee road side...it's ok. Just hope they dun do some side/rear gate that's direct opp our blks!....*cross finger*

devila_mun

ouchie, as i mention, my reno is going on a painsickening SLOW speed.... with hickups here and there..... haiz......

when furniture window shoping yesterday at sungei kadut there..... some looks nice, but most of them i find it expensive n qualtiy not as good worth of the pricing leh...... and the sales people there also like promise the sky... makes me scare to buy anything from them...
sad.gif

devila_mun

lavender, do try to look out these few days if any other major cracks formed.... with all the reno going on on our blks, u never know if the vibration will effect your flat. thou i doubt it since u dont have any upstairs neighbour doing reno
happy.gif

btw, if u all notice, there is already a small 'bridge' over there across the big drain from ourside to the big empty field..... really hope tat's not going to be the 'SIDE/REAR' door!!!!!

starmed

devila
think the reno opp n yours can be bad enough... :p pardon me...keke.. cos the drilling all those sound like just within the same unit... I rem the 14th floor one (the unit below yours) was doing some drilling n hacking n it feels like it's just next door..
sad.gif
thank goodness when u did yours, I was away from the din. If not, I can really get crazy esp wif the state I'm in now. keke...

anyway, the stupid cracks I'll forget about them. Just leave it liao.. too tired to care about them... it's so frustrating to try to do them right ever since we shifted into our place in June 05.
sad.gif
dun know how many times the HDB contractors came n rectified them..n it always come back just like what the workers said when they did the repairs.
sad.gif
same place...same kind of cracks...from floor to ceiling... thank goodness it's hair line... but they seem to get worse over time as the paint over the cracks peels off. That's why we plan to repaint our place in another 3 years time.

my hubby was so fed up that he felt like seeing the MP to complain about the quality of the flats in the area...haha... if u walk ard the place, u'll find alot of cracks within the buildings one... lousy workmanship.
sad.gif

devila_mun

lavender, ya lor.... pay so much yet still cant get it perfect... sian hor..... my tat crack from ceiling to floor the not hairline type leh... but quite big with at least 1-2mm gap de!!! tat's y so shock when it appeared!! and i could imagin, once it cracks, even if repair le, it will forever be there and waiting to spoil the paint n paster.....

saw it when my contractor 'CUT' the wall tat time, the 'knife' cuts thru the wall like hot knife to butter!!!! *slap my forehead*

in my old 24 yrs old flat, even hammering a sharp nail also difficult!!! cos the concrete is so tough, the nail will bend instead!!!!

ps lavender, there is still more to come from my unit, cos hdb contractors will only hack my toilets wall n floor after 15th may.... will try to tell u when so mabe u can avoild tat few days by going over to ur mom's or something...
happy.gif

starmed

devila
happy.gif
thanks...keke..let me know when they do the hacking... I'll take cover somewhere... :p

the concrete in the walls seem 'softer' than the old flats...
sad.gif

devila_mun

reynerllica, i also thot of tat, but it wont be as shiok lor, unless u use it in the day time when the weather is HOT... (hence even the cold tap water also very hot)

lavander
happy.gif
no problem, this week my reno will be mostly doing tiling of the floor, so somewhat quieter....
happy.gif

reynerllica

Devila actually I think can be done as it does not need any storage heater straight away pour down cold water during this kind of humid weather will be nice

devila_mun

i am also thinking of this idea leh
happy.gif
at least can have best of both worlds ba
happy.gif
but still depends on the water pressure, i tot higher the flat, lower to water pressure??? true?

devila_mun

fallingflakes, which is worst i ask u,

my present flat, one side neigbour rent out to 4 or more china ppl at one time, these chinese move and change ppl every few mths... my other side, neighbour rent out to 15-20 indian workers, every nite sit outside their flat, TV on super loud even at night, radio indian songs on every loud... their clothings hang all over the corrider, every morning 5am, can start to hear banging of pots and pans from their flat.....
sad.gif

no offence to all indians lah, but did i mention the smell of 15-20 odd men living in close quaters of a 3 room hdb flat that is only 67 sq area???...

jaimesu

wah 15-20 of them in one flat ah.. tat is really very terrible.. the flat is so small and squeeze so many of them inside.. hmm really cannot imagine..

swatdila

u shd report it, it is illegal to rent to such a big number of people...

btw, i not a lady hor if u all dun mind.... haha