$20k for Jurong West Executive possible?

swatdila

my living/dining total 14... oh ur conceal on the floor har, mine just hack the wall and conceal... but ok la i dun care where u conceal as long as the pt is working. haha

oic.. like that no choice, my bedrooms all this time do nothing. no simple cornices even.

devila_mun

swatdila, wahh really can hack wall and conceal back har??? i must ask my ID about this.... like this better rite? hmmm..... thanks for the advise.

swatdila

i dunno better or not la.. instead of going thru flr or wat, i just see that the path of the wiring is maybe he hack the wall a bit then run the wire then plaster back... end of the day, if it works, then ok la.

monkie

hi falling flakes
my understanding is DO NOT get water storage tank.
1) it is more power consumption
2) takes longer time to heat up water, ie need to turn on power for 10 minutes b4 water get heated compare to instand water heater only takes barely 30seconds.
3) more expensive
i buy 2 water heater (one good one for MRB, one average one for common bath room) only $200)
4) waste space, doesn't look nice hanging at washing area, collect dust. :p

monkie

someone is talking abt ceiling fan?
i suggest not to have ceiling fan,
1) hard to clean, need to climb up to clean
2) hard to change the fan if it spoils esp for those with false ceiling, strong encourage not to have
3) not portable, if you have those standing fan, you can have more "wind" by putting the fan closer to you...more flexible in another words.
4) more expensive...cost $200+, whereas a cold air fan only $100 (very good quality liao)..and got air con like feeling...

monkie

hi devilamum
maybe u got downlights...etc..so more expensive.
cos we dun have false ceiling at all..think i am the only one here w/o fase ceiling anf L box...

my electrician roughly tell me its about $1.5k...hope he will stick to this figure..

ladies..any lobang for sinks and toilet accessories? help help...

fallingflakes

hey cynthia, thanks for that - i need tat extra push to boycott the storage tank idea lol. actually instant ones hang inside the shower screen also not very nice just that storage tank will allow you to have those hot/cold taps. But then again, come to think of it, we EA peepx already getting less utilities rebates...better think of ways to save electricity! Thumbs up for instant heaters!

Oh ya! For those who are doing ceiling fans, I went to do some research with those shops that sell ceiling fans. They advise me that for LBox put still ok, but if u got false ceiling area u put u won't feel much wind, so it is a waste of money to install one ceiling fan at false ceiling areas. I forgot the reason liao but those shop owners all say like that...so well...do think carefully bah.

My current house got ceiling fan leh, and it is very cooling actually. But bear in mind my current place got no false ceiling or LBox lah. Oh and my mum got to climb up just to clean the blades. Initially I wanted to install one in the current MBR cos thats where the WIW is (not good to put aircon cos of moisture) but then come to think of it, better buy those cold air fan, easier to clean cos to be frank, I'm one of those lazy kind, so well...better save the trouble I guess!

monkie

hi falling flakes..
hahah..dun mention..actually instand water heater is more for western countries..not so applicable for SG...u can try asking ppl already has instand water heater for their feedback.

back to ceiling fan..not to sure if you feel ur room become smaller with that attached to ceiling? just thinking..

fallingflakes

eh i think we will buy instant ones lah. since our flat doesnt have the hot/cold piping thingy done, get people to do for u also exp! better get instant ones cheaper also in the long run!

swatdila

hi, running cost for storage heater is a bit high. and for it to heat up, it will take a while, unless u print money and nvr switch it off, then the water will be instant hot. Otherwise when u off it, it will slowly lose its heat, so when u need to use, u got to reheat the water (similar concept as those electric flask).

instant heater also ok, but like u mention, no hot water outlet at sinks, kitchen, etc.. so i using gas heater (free from citygas, my current house last time i got to buy that heater). it is ard the size of instant heater, just that need to put in the kitchen (or service balcony). not big, and honestly, i hv had this heater for 7 yrs, i hardly clean it but it is not as dusty as the things i put on display in the living room.. haha... with this heater, running cost is lower, and i hv hot water in all shower, sinks (include kitchen).

as for ceiling fan, actually using ceiling fan the air ciculation is better. those standing fan yes, you can put it nearer to u, but it will only cool a certain area only. but ceiling fan, the whole area the air is circulated, so if there are a lot of people, it is more comfortable. otherwise, if a lot of visitors, then hv to put multiple standing fans.

i thk if u hv false ceiling then ur ceiling is lower, so the blade to the ceiling has lesser clearance so no air i thk. but lbox is ok bcos the fan is still mounted on the ceiling. put in bedroom i thk ok but i thk cannot put those with hanging lights. I try la see how.

Yes cleaning the fan is the only trouble that i can forsee. but my current house there are 2 fans, i clean them once a yr and its actually not so dirty like those at coffee shop/classrooms.. haha.. but it helps a lot if u are tall or u hv a step ladder (i hv so no prob to clean la)... haha

i use standing fan in my bedroom now, when i sleep with my kids, very difficult for the wind to teok all of us.. haha..

swatdila

i think long run gas will be cheaper.. bcos up till now, gas tariff is still lower than electricity... unless of course gas price become higher than electricity.

fallingflakes

hmmm swatdila, u mean u got the free gas heater from citygas and it is installed in the service balcony and u can have hot water even in the kitchen? does that mean u have hot and cold taps in the kitchen?

swatdila

yes, i installed it in the srevice balcony. my current house no service balcony, so i put in the kitchen.

yes i hv hot water in all shower, wash basin and kitchen sink. of course got to run the hot pipe la. i thk abt $400+ to run the hot pipe to 5 points..

swatdila

can beuseful sometimes.. clean kitchen sink once in a while.. or if u washing very oily pots and pans, use hot water is gd.

this is a good to have la, not a must hv. sometimes days very cold, can use warm water to wash also haha. especially on rainy days and i got to wash bottles at 6am before going to work, warm water is a blessing.. haha

fallingflakes

hmmmm after reading some threads abt gas heaters...i think i will go for the instant electrical ones... :p swatdila, which blk are u at?

fallingflakes

cynthia same as me haha. I am still wondering how come the unit beside mine is still empty leh. no rectification works have been done (gate and door) and there are still tons of crap ads stuffed between the gate and door!

monkie

i share the same feeling as you...falling flakes..
wondering my my neighbor door is closely shut.i think the neighbor also gotten their flat through the latest walk in selection..hopefully not a big family...or else very noisy.

fallingflakes

huh u means ur neighbour's flat condition is the same as mine ar? But how u know got people buy the unit? cos i thot these few blks are quite popular, i thot Jan WIS already almost all snapped up liao? Also dunno got anyone buy the unit beside mine...and yes.... hopefully wont be those noisy fam with more than 5 kids...

monkie

hi falling flakes..
i share same feeling mean.. :"i wonder who is my neighbor?".

the unit beside me is not taken when i purchase on 02/02/07..but now ..the balloting exercise, should be sold because no more units left in 656D.

devila_mun

AT LAST!!! my tiler will be here tml..... at least something is going to get done!!! so fed up with the waiting cat n mouse game le.....

going to get instand heater also. at 1st wanted to get those big big big raining fall type of shower head de, but everyone said if use instance heater not powerful enuff for the spray.....
sad.gif

now trying to find a perfect pet door for my dogs.....

WHREE R U, my friendly neighbour??????

devila_mun

door for pets... in this case for my dog
happy.gif
at nite dont have to wake up open or close door for the dog.....

reynerllica,
i'm cant find it in sg... so going to import from USA or aus. i'm going to order from petedge. if u wan also, u can order it n ship back or u wan to join in my orders? we can share the shiping cost. (more u buy, lesser the shiping cost. shipping cost base on weight or size whichever is greater.)

u can go to www.petedge.com to c. note down all the model nos of things u wan and pm me. the price all stated there is in USD. so later must convert. presently we base on 1.7 exchange rate 1st.

or u wan u can also buy from
http://www.k9electronics.com/categories/PetDoors.aspx
this is another company in US also. but i'm not buying from them as i have ordered other toys n such from petedge le.

closing date of orders will be by tml morning latest as i'm sending in my order by tml.

reynerllica

I dun see as much accessories from petedge compare to k9electronics. K9 have more choices, but how do I fix onto the door if purchase and I must drill a big hole below the door too?

jaimesu

Hi Ladies!

Me and my bf got our flat at 656D.. Hehe have been reading this thread for a few days and can see that there are a few of u who will be my future neighbours.. =) my unit is at the middle level. Wondering who will be nearer to me.. hehe..

hmm supposed to collect my keys today but we will be deferring the appointment of lease coz my bf is still studying.. hoping can defer till next yr when he completes his studies.. but reading this thread make me feel excited in getting my keys too but no choice got to wait.. Sigh.. hehe but really got a lot of useful info from you all.. =)

fallingflakes

hey gals, guess wad? the last hacking permit of my stupid balcony was not approved cos there is a beam there (dunno wad beam my ID talking about). so ID say will apply to hack everything cept for the BEAM (whatever that is). But the surprising thing is, i wonder wad did he do to make h*b reply so fast??!

monkie

falling flakes..i am full of envy..14th floor..high up leh
we r low floor cos we apply towards the end of the registration period.

fallingflakes

cynthia, 14th floor also no use, the view is nothing fantastic though it is unobstructed. hey u applied towards the end of the reg period and still got mid floor thats very heng manz! so many people queued overnight leh on the day it is let out!

monkie

hi falling flakes..
we just go there and look see look see only..try luck only.
i get on 020207..where everyone is crazy over the release of mature estate (WIS).
14th floor cooler mah...hehehe

jaimesu

hi fallingflakes, we intend to collect the keys in march coz my bf will only completed his studies in end feb.. hehe sounds a bit long hor.. hehe..

hehe i like high floors also.. but me and my bf calculated the estimated amt of cpf we got to contribute.. hehe abit siong so we decide to get mid floors.. during the selection i was so worried won't be able to get the mid floor coz the units r being taken up so fast..

fallingflakes

hi cynthia, the only good thing abt 14th floor is the cooler air, machiam like air. The other thing i can think of is, creepy crawlies can't fly that high up i hope, hahaha. wow so heng still can get mid floor very heng leh! I wanted 5 room but all left 2nd floor, so sad...

btw...does anyone know what is the "U-save rebate" thingy in the GST offset package? is it for our PUB bills or smthing? And huh, besides having to pay for property tax, conservancy fees and TV license fees, any idea wad other horrible fees we have to pay?? Any idea how much is the estimated property tax per year for EA and TY license fee?

monkie

hi falling flakes...
creepy crawlies...hmmm..they take lift to your house lor..hahaha
property tax mean CC&S? tot only private property need pay property tax? our house is leases leh...

for the fees we are going to pay..average is $250 per mth..si bay siong.

fallingflakes

eh CC&S is not property tax...i always call it "fees we pay to pay to town council to clear our rubbish and general maintenance" haha. Errm, as far as i know every household need to pay property tax lor. For EA i think $300-$500 or is it "$500-$800"?? Haiz.