BTB 2021

Kathy Meow

Budgeting is hard since prices increase each year
But best to secure the current promo deal n in 2021 it’s a good price

It's never too early. Start researching slowly, have a list of what you want and discuss with your HTB. Makes things much easier. The To-Do list by Singapore Brides is very useful too!

ponyparty

Curious to know how are your preparations for the 2021 brides?

I am a 2021 bride as well, but notice that very few hotels willing to do onsite meet or even virtual meet during this time, even though the news reported that hotels are opening for staycations soon. The response I get is mostly 'we can't do any onsite viewing during this period' with no ETA as to when they can actually do it.

As for my PWS, it was originally scheduled for July 2020 in Bali but that has been pushed indefinitely.

What are other 2021 brides doing during this time? Have you already booked before covid started? Or waiting for phase 3 onwards to start planning?

txr

Have booked most of my vendors before the covid situation so currently taking a back seat. We planned for overseas pws end of this year as well but it seems like travelling will be impossible this year so we have pushed it back to next year (hopefully). Currently looking out for inspirations for wedding decor, gowns etc :)

ponyparty

Have booked most of my vendors before the covid situation so currently taking a back seat. We planned for overseas pws end of this year as well but it seems like travelling will be impossible this year so we have pushed it back to next year (hopefully). Currently looking out for inspirations for wedding decor, gowns etc :)

Wow you are so well prepared! May I know which quarter is your wedding in 2021?

ponyparty

Mine's in Q4! Haha I prefer to plan early because I want to secure all my first choice vendors :)

Same! Mine should be in Q4 too. I also tried planning earlier but realised a lot of vendors weren’t interested to entertain me after knowing the date was so far away. Did you experience anything like that?
And now I am feeling some regret because some hotels I was eyeing have started to release their 2021 pricelists which are $100++ more than the 2020 pricelist. Sigh!

txr

Same! Mine should be in Q4 too. I also tried planning earlier but realised a lot of vendors weren’t interested to entertain me after knowing the date was so far away. Did you experience anything like that?
And now I am feeling some regret because some hotels I was eyeing have started to release their 2021 pricelists which are $100++ more than the 2020 pricelist. Sigh!
Same! When I enquired end of last year, some did not want to entertain me so I decided to forgo those who did not bother to entertain me and went ahead to secure those who did! And yes, after securing them, some of them increased their prices by $100 to $300 even though it was for the same year 2021, so booking them at different timing for the same period of time still makes a difference.

Nyx0413

My banquet is in Q4 too, just started planning. Found one venue among my shortlist which allowed in person viewing of hotel ballroom, so likely will go with that. Htb told me to relax in terms of searching for other vendors, but have decided to go ahead after seeing the comments on this thread.

One thing that I'm having difficulty with is searching for affordable rom gowns (separate day from banquet) in the range of $100 to $200. Anyone has suggestions? :)

ponyparty

My banquet is in Q4 too, just started planning. Found one venue among my shortlist which allowed in person viewing of hotel ballroom, so likely will go with that. Htb told me to relax in terms of searching for other vendors, but have decided to go ahead after seeing the comments on this thread.

One thing that I'm having difficulty with is searching for affordable rom gowns (separate day from banquet) in the range of $100 to $200. Anyone has suggestions? :)

Is that Fullerton? Haha I just went for viewing at Fullerton too.
I've been eyeing dresses from Rentadella & Style Lease for my pre-wed shoot. I think they are around the price range you are looking for!

Nyx0413

Is that Fullerton? Haha I just went for viewing at Fullerton too.
I've been eyeing dresses from Rentadella & Style Lease for my pre-wed shoot. I think they are around the price range you are looking for!
The one I went for was Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre~ I fell in love with their chandeliers, although they had 3 pillars in their ballroom.

Thanks for the recs! I must say, their dresses are very figure hugging and not very forgiving though ahahaha. I'm a lazy btb who doesn't plan on losing weight for my wedding.

solitudeavenue

Hello ladies!

Mine is also 2021 Q4. Seems like all are looking at the same period. I had secured Photographers and make up artists for now.

As for the hotels, still waiting for the ones I like to open for viewing.

ponyparty

Hello ladies!

Mine is also 2021 Q4. Seems like all are looking at the same period. I had secured Photographers and make up artists for now.

As for the hotels, still waiting for the ones I like to open for viewing.

That's fast! Is it because you already have a specific photographer & MUA that you've been eyeing?
I was planning to leave these to next year cuz honestly I don't even know where to start in terms of choosing!!

Nyx0413

Haha think q42021 is the safest bet in terms of being able to hold a banquet for 200+ ppl in one ballroom. Of course, 2022 might be even safer but my htb and I didn't want to wait that long.

My htb is helping me to secure the photographers and MUA because I have not many requirements for those. But I heard that popular ones have to be booked at least one year in advance.

solitudeavenue

That's fast! Is it because you already have a specific photographer & MUA that you've been eyeing?
I was planning to leave these to next year cuz honestly I don't even know where to start in terms of choosing!!

We do have a specific photographer and MUA in mind. However, the photographer we wanted did not reply us when we had dropped them email and WhatsApp text. =(

I am not working now, hence, I am free to do all the planning now. I’m helping my friends too! Hahah!

solitudeavenue

Haha think q42021 is the safest bet in terms of being able to hold a banquet for 200+ ppl in one ballroom. Of course, 2022 might be even safer but my htb and I didn't want to wait that long.

My htb is helping me to secure the photographers and MUA because I have not many requirements for those. But I heard that popular ones have to be booked at least one year in advance.

It would be ideal to start shortlisting now as couples who intended to tie knots this year may have postponed their dates to next year. Hence, it’s best to secure them soonest! Hahah! However, I do met a few where they shared that their rates are not out for 2021 Q4 though.

Nyx0413

Lots of venues are not taking bookings too. My first choice for ROM, to be held in Q1 2021, was a cafe called Picnic @ Wisma Atria. But they said that they're not taking any bookings for next year till they settle some issues with the government and their landlord.

When do you all think is the latest I should be looking at bridal packages for prewedding shoot, to be held locally, let's say in Q2 2021? I have an acquaintance working in a boutique who told me that a lot of them are facing financial difficulties, so I'm worried about signing a package with one that might go under.

solitudeavenue

Oh! That cafe has lovely ambience! Have you tried the rabbit hole? We are considering there.

By the way, I saw that you are looking for solemnisation dress. Try looking some from ASOS. I’m not getting gowns as they are too much for me. Hence, I’m planning to get something dressy from ASOS as they have quite a lot of nice dresses for really formal events. Not those tight fitting ones.

txr

Lots of venues are not taking bookings too. My first choice for ROM, to be held in Q1 2021, was a cafe called Picnic @ Wisma Atria. But they said that they're not taking any bookings for next year till they settle some issues with the government and their landlord.

When do you all think is the latest I should be looking at bridal packages for prewedding shoot, to be held locally, let's say in Q2 2021? I have an acquaintance working in a boutique who told me that a lot of them are facing financial difficulties, so I'm worried about signing a package with one that might go under.
I got hardsell for bridal package so I signed mine last year and valid for quite long. Intended to go overseas for pws end of this year but postponing to early next year (hopefully can travel by then). I think bridal you can book when you are ready to take the shoot? Buffer some time for selections. If you dont mind casual shoot, that is a good option as well! I'm going for a local casual shoot end of this year just in case my overseas one has to be postponed further (after wedding)

Nyx0413

Oh! That cafe has lovely ambience! Have you tried the rabbit hole? We are considering there.

By the way, I saw that you are looking for solemnisation dress. Try looking some from ASOS. I’m not getting gowns as they are too much for me. Hence, I’m planning to get something dressy from ASOS as they have quite a lot of nice dresses for really formal events. Not those tight fitting ones.

Yups yups, I must say the rabbit hole has a nice ambience and pretty furnishings. Unfortunately it serves a Western menu, so had to drop it from my list due to the elders' palate.

Oooh I have to admit I only searched the ASOS bridal collection so far. Will take a look at the rest of their dresses~

Nyx0413

I got hardsell for bridal package so I signed mine last year and valid for quite long. Intended to go overseas for pws end of this year but postponing to early next year (hopefully can travel by then). I think bridal you can book when you are ready to take the shoot? Buffer some time for selections. If you dont mind casual shoot, that is a good option as well! I'm going for a local casual shoot end of this year just in case my overseas one has to be postponed further (after wedding)

Thanks for the info! I see I see, I guess local shoots do have a lot more flexibility. You could go to locations that are meaningful to you, like places that you used to go dating w ur htb!

Must admit, even before Covid19, I never considered overseas shoots because of the hassle and time involved haha. Although friends all tell me it is prettier overseas Good luck all with your photoshoots~

txr

Thanks for the info! I see I see, I guess local shoots do have a lot more flexibility. You could go to locations that are meaningful to you, like places that you used to go dating w ur htb!

Must admit, even before Covid19, I never considered overseas shoots because of the hassle and time involved haha. Although friends all tell me it is prettier overseas Good luck all with your photoshoots~
Yes!! Locally we intend to shoot at a less common and popular location, and also our school! Our overseas pws can change to local but we book cos we really like the overseas one so we will stick to it even if it may be delayed till after wedding :/

ponyparty

Yes!! Locally we intend to shoot at a less common and popular location, and also our school! Our overseas pws can change to local but we book cos we really like the overseas one so we will stick to it even if it may be delayed till after wedding :/

Facing the same issue now :( My overseas PWS supposed to happen this month! Now it really doesn't look like we can travel any time soon. Mine includes video too, which we planned to play during the banquet as a 'filler'. So it will be wasted if the photos & video can only come out after the wedding. Alternatively, if it's too late then I may just cancel it altogether as I only paid the deposit.

txr

Facing the same issue now :( My overseas PWS supposed to happen this month! Now it really doesn't look like we can travel any time soon. Mine includes video too, which we planned to play during the banquet as a 'filler'. So it will be wasted if the photos & video can only come out after the wedding. Alternatively, if it's too late then I may just cancel it altogether as I only paid the deposit.
Yeah... we also paid deposit for pws and ad gowns but thinking of cancelling pws and use deposit for ad...

fionnc

I am a 2021 bride as well, but notice that very few hotels willing to do onsite meet or even virtual meet during this time, even though the news reported that hotels are opening for staycations soon. The response I get is mostly 'we can't do any onsite viewing during this period' with no ETA as to when they can actually do it.

As for my PWS, it was originally scheduled for July 2020 in Bali but that has been pushed indefinitely.

What are other 2021 brides doing during this time? Have you already booked before covid started? Or waiting for phase 3 onwards to start planning?

Wow guys. I am surprised that you guys have made your preparations so quickly!
Mine's planned for end period of Q3 but i have yet to book my venue as I am not sure if Covid is still around by 2021.
Kinda in a dilemma as to if i should go ahead to make the booking for venue.

ponyparty

Mine's planned for end period of Q3 but i have yet to book my venue as I am not sure if Covid is still around by 2021.

Yeah, my partner & I trying to spread out the $$$ as much as possible, because we foresee that 2021 we'll have to splurge on home reno + wedding. So we sourced for our PWS really early (beginning 2020) to try to clear that off first. End up it can't happen this year also!

Now the situation is even more unusual, because all the cancelled/postponed weddings from 2020 are snowballing into 2021. I personally have a handful of friends supposed to wed in 2020 but now moved to 2021 (and here I thought I was going to be the only 2021 bride in my social circle hehe).
I asked around within hotel banquet side & they're seeing Q1 & Q2 2021 dates filled up already.

Perhaps you can ask your venues what is their contingency plan if COVID is still around during your wedding date. I'm sure they've prepared for that too. I'm planning to ask that too before I sign my banquet contract.

txr

I booked before Covid happened... Like what was mentioned, can ask how will the hotel react or what are the measures should you not be able to proceed with your banquet. No harm checking if your date is available or not, and going for site visits (if you are comfortable with it). We booked early because we wanted to do gradual payment for the banquet to earn maximum rewards!

Nyx0413

y

Mine is a q42021 date, yet when I started checking venues couple of weeks ago, some were already taken for my date. And it's not even a double date or anything:/ Made me realise how popular 2021 wedding dates are.

I'm trying to find MUA and photographer for AD now, just in case. Recs appreciated:p

But yeps, the terms and conditions are worth reviewing. Should also try to avoid hotels who insist on sticking to min tables in case there's a cap on no. of pax and end up not being able to meet the minimum tables requirement.

sast

2021 bride here.. originally 2020 bride but had to postpone the entire wedding due to covid. We took it slow in the planning, 3 years ago we started planning to hold our wedding ceremony and reception in Santorini with friends and families flying out. Wedding, honeymoon and hotels all booked ahead for a total of 1month stay around the Greek islands and another 8 days at the Amalfi coast. However when the pandemic occurred, it was a nightmare to reschedule all these, but we managed to (almost) and awaiting for 2021,hoping the situation improves by then.

ponyparty

2021 bride here.. originally 2020 bride but had to postpone the entire wedding due to covid. We took it slow in the planning, 3 years ago we started planning to hold our wedding ceremony and reception in Santorini with friends and families flying out. Wedding, honeymoon and hotels all booked ahead for a total of 1month stay around the Greek islands and another 8 days at the Amalfi coast. However when the pandemic occurred, it was a nightmare to reschedule all these, but we managed to (almost) and awaiting for 2021,hoping the situation improves by then.

Wow!! Your wedding sounds like a dream! Yes, hoping 2021 starts looking up for us :)

Nyx0413

Finally booked my bridal package w TWC! Solved the MUA problem at least, since it's included in the package. I aim to clear the PWS early too, even though mine is in SG, simply so that I'll have enough time for wedding planning ~

ponyparty

Finally booked my bridal package w TWC! Solved the MUA problem at least, since it's included in the package. I aim to clear the PWS early too, even though mine is in SG, simply so that I'll have enough time for wedding planning ~

LOL I am still sourcing for my hotel. Have 1 site viewing this weekend, hope it'll be *the one*.

Yes, better clear PWS because it's gonna take some time for the photos/videos to be developed & ready. And sometimes it can take pretty long also.

All the best & have lots of fun!

ponyparty

Hello! Those who booked hotel banquet - will you be able to share the process to go through?
So we went for site visit already & asked verbally & via email about things we can add/swap from the package. However, we never set anything in stone yet. And we've made a soft booking for our date.

What is the next step after this? I know there has to be signing of a contract, but before that, do we need to set in stone the package changes/requests? (i.e. I swapped some items for carpark coupons - little details like this)
Or is the signing just to commit you to the minimum sum & nitty gritty to be discussed later?

When I asked the co-ordinator, she just said she needs our personal particulars to prepare the agreement.

txr

Hello! Those who booked hotel banquet - will you be able to share the process to go through?
So we went for site visit already & asked verbally & via email about things we can add/swap from the package. However, we never set anything in stone yet. And we've made a soft booking for our date.

What is the next step after this? I know there has to be signing of a contract, but before that, do we need to set in stone the package changes/requests? (i.e. I swapped some items for carpark coupons - little details like this)
Or is the signing just to commit you to the minimum sum & nitty gritty to be discussed later?

When I asked the co-ordinator, she just said she needs our personal particulars to prepare the agreement.
Things that you swapped for and requested for, must make sure they include in your contract, black and white. Scrutinise the contract after they have prepared it, and ensure that all the details are in, anything unsure must make sure to ask and flag out. Because once you sign the contract, it is very difficult to make changes.

Nyx0413

Lol I didn't put the really small things in the contract because I'm not too particular about carpark coupons. But I made sure the minimum no. of tables was changed to 10 tables and the price of each table was correct. Plus I made sure the perks were reflected inside.

Nyx0413

I did my casual PWS last week! Quite happy with the results and had fun doing it ~ i think casual PWS is the one where we get to have fun haha. The PWS with the gowns look very tiring

eeeohs

Hi Ladies!

My wedding is happening 2021Q4. Started my venue visitings two weeks ago. Some hotels which we have interest in don’t do site visits now which is a bummer. Can’t really make a huge decision without visiting it in person.

And im finding the min. table requirements a huge challenge for me :( i noticed a few hotels have increased their min. tables from 2020 drastically. For eg 2020 min table 20-25, 2021 min table 35-40!! Is anyone facing the same?

The min. table is by far the biggest challenge even though we tried negotiating as we are having a very awkward guestlist num..

ponyparty

Hi Ladies!

My wedding is happening 2021Q4. Started my venue visitings two weeks ago. Some hotels which we have interest in don’t do site visits now which is a bummer. Can’t really make a huge decision without visiting it in person.

And im finding the min. table requirements a huge challenge for me :( i noticed a few hotels have increased their min. tables from 2020 drastically. For eg 2020 min table 20-25, 2021 min table 35-40!! Is anyone facing the same?

The min. table is by far the biggest challenge even though we tried negotiating as we are having a very awkward guestlist num..

Oh no! I didn’t notice any hotels raising their minimum. In fact I know some hotels reduced their minimum (for limited period only though, like a promo like Intercon reduced from 28 to 25).

But I faced same challenge finding hotels with low min requirement cuz we only wanted 15-18 tables. Eventually we went for hotel with min 20 cuz we loved their ballroom. And we plan to upgrade the dishes so even if we don’t have 200 guests, we still try to hit the min spend required.

If you really fall in love w a venue, no harm asking if they can reduce the min for you. We tried w some hotels and they were willing to discuss. There just may be some trade-offs e.g unpopular dates or have to be Friday night / Sunday night.

If not, have to just choose from a list of venues with small min requirement. Cuz that was how I started to shortlist - I just googled for the list of small venues and start from there.

Regarding the site visits, I thought most would have opened up alr! Cuz I went for a few alr. Maybe try asking again? But yeah don’t be pressured to sign off if you can’t even view the place. And maybe take comfort in knowing that if you can’t view it, other couples also can’t view so the dates won’t be sold out so fast? :)

txr

Hi Ladies!

You should visit the hotels before making a decision because after going for site visits, I realise that visiting in person really feels very different from pictures! And yes, the hotel I booked with did increase their min tables from 30 to 40/45 I think! For me, we shortlisted based on hotel's capacity and budget. Think it will be easier like that :)

Nyx0413

You should visit the hotels before making a decision because after going for site visits, I realise that visiting in person really feels very different from pictures! And yes, the hotel I booked with did increase their min tables from 30 to 40/45 I think! For me, we shortlisted based on hotel's capacity and budget. Think it will be easier like that :)

I booked my rom hotel venue without viewing in person cos they still not allowed to open yet

But that's because I couldn't deal with the uncertainty of not having a hotel booked, as my rom is in Q1 of 2021. But for banquet venue, I agree that should definitely view before booking

ykkh

My wedding is in 3Q2021. I just signed my actual day gown with Digio. It was a relatively attractive price provided. Also sourcing for banquet venue and realised some hotels are already taken even though I thought my date is gonna be less popular. I heard from Digio that there are already few couples booked in on the same date as me.

Is there any telegram group that we can join for 2021 bride? TIA!

misty08

My wedding is in 3Q2021. I just signed my actual day gown with Digio. It was a relatively attractive price provided. Also sourcing for banquet venue and realised some hotels are already taken even though I thought my date is gonna be less popular. I heard from Digio that there are already few couples booked in on the same date as me.

Is there any telegram group that we can join for 2021 bride? TIA!

Hi ykkh, I am also considering Digio, can you share the details of your package??

misty08

I did my casual PWS last week! Quite happy with the results and had fun doing it ~ i think casual PWS is the one where we get to have fun haha. The PWS with the gowns look very tiring
Oh, I am also considering doing a casual PWS, I am just wondering, is it still necessary to have a MUA if is casual?