I just started my online research a couple of weeks ago and I'm still feeling very lost, super happy to have found this forum thread! I just spent the whole night reading all 10 pages.
Current plan is to wed in late 2018, most likely doing ROM and banquet together. We are open to lunch/dinner and chinese/western/buffet.
We are currently deciding on a FSM to calculate the dates for us, shortlisted master long and master tong but both charge the same price and have equally good reviews online, it is really difficult to decide on one. A little worried because they can only do the consultation in approx 2 months' time. Which FSM did u ladies engage?
I am also intensively researching on hotels and venues, and I have a some noobie questions and will be really glad if someone can help me:
1) how do you decide on your budget since we will recover an unknown amount from the angbaos?
2) why high ceiling and pillarless? Is it for aesthetic purposes only?
3) is there room for negotiation even after signing the contract? Because I see some are comparing the packages after signing..
4) what happens if I signed a contract and can"t meet the minimum number of tables due to unforeseen circumstances? Will it be possible to trade for similar priced items/services like menu upgrade or additional nights of hotel stay?
5) do you all pay to attend the wedding shows or simply attend the FOC ones only?
6) how many hotels do you ladies visit before deciding on one? How long does each visit take and is it advisable to visit more than one hotel a day?
7) apart from the cost of tables, what other costs should i expect to pay to the hotel? Will they charge for the venue on top of the per table cost? Is AV equipment inclusive in the package?
8) how do you do the nego for the package? Do we tell them what we want directly and it is a straight yes/no thing? Any tips?
Sorry for the spam of questions and thanks in advance!
Hello. I'm a March 2018 bride.
I engaged Master Long for wedding dates as I can use them for all purposes like new home, start reno dates, guo da li, an chuang, wedding etc. There's 3 years worth of dates available to choose from.
1. Not sure how others set their budget but cause i still have reno to do concurrently, so my budget is way lower than usual which limits my choice.
2. Pillarless ballroom so your guest will not be blocked. When taking photograph and video is better too, i think, in terms of angle etc. high ceiling and pillarless ballroom has a more sophisticated feel, making it spacious and not so cramp.
3. Try to nego as much as possible before you signed. Most will not add extra perks after you sign but can only request for things like extra tables at recep, flower petals as decor- these lind of low cost things
4. They will usually ask how many tables u looking at. Have a rough idea how many guests will be invited first. Tell them your minimum table. They can try to see if they can meet your needs. You can add tables after signing the package but you can't reduce. So tell them your minimum first.
5. Wedding shows are usually foc if u register with them. Have not seen wedding shows that charges yet. The coordinates usually will email me the invite and i'll rsvp.
6. I visited restaurants and hotels. Restaurants just 15-20min. No package to talk about.
1st visit to hotel will usually take about 1hr. To see the venue, their themes, invitation design, choice of wedding favours, what's included in package, nego for more perks etc. then go home and slowly discuss with fiancé/fiancée and family.
7. Gst and service charge not inclusive in the price u see for their table charge. So add them in to see if they fits in your budget.
Additional beer and wine drank that exceed what they offer you.
Some places charge extra for venue used for solemnisation, like i know faver peak does. Hotels might give complimentary function room for solemnisation and tea ceremony. AV equipment provided for hotels but not restaurants. Usually they will state in their brochure/pamphlets.
9. I'll ask "is ..... included?", "what about .......?", "i know some hotels provide ....., do you also provide?"
Usually they will say check with management for u and get back to u. Sometimes they can tell you on the spot. Some places can't nego much then will tell you can't. Sonat the end of the day u got to compare which is better and suits your needs and budget.
These are what i feel when i was going through the bookings. Might be true or some btb might not agree as different people might have ldifferent ways of doing and experiences.