(2016) 2016 brides

OYHZ

It really depends on individual.. Some book venues first.. Some book bridal studio first. But I think the most important is have a date and work from there as without a date.. It's hard to settle anything. And if you choose a hot date.. you will need to book a lot of things quick cos many other brides might also be booking the same thing as you. :)

Yeah we have kind of chosen a date. Those hotels we have shortlisted also have their packages published online. So I guess the next step is merely to view the actual venues and check if the date we want is available.. And negotiate additional perks if necessary?

Also have a photographer friend in mind alr.
Gonna read though the forum for more BS reviews before beginning on the sourcing.. :)

Feeling quite "relaxed", so afraid I may have missed out on anything.. lol.

Yeah we have kind of chosen a date. Those hotels we have shortlisted also have their packages published online. So I guess the next step is merely to view the actual venues and check if the date we want is available.. And negotiate additional perks if necessary?

Also have a photographer friend in mind alr.
Gonna read though the forum for more BS reviews before beginning on the sourcing.. :)

Feeling quite "relaxed", so afraid I may have missed out on anything.. lol.

You already seem quite well prepared already cos you know what to look out for. Maybe to look out for the hotel's wedding shows cos there will be more perks there instead of what you see online.

Lol. I guess it's good to feel relaxed when you know what plans you have in mind. :) No additional stress on top of your work.

OYHZ

You already seem quite well prepared already cos you know what to look out for. Maybe to look out for the hotel's wedding shows cos there will be more perks there instead of what you see online.

Lol. I guess it's good to feel relaxed when you know what plans you have in mind. :) No additional stress on top of your work.

Maybe the right word to use is "insecure" instead of "relaxed". Feels like I'm missing something in the plan. I guess more stress will only kick in when we cannot decide on the venue eventually, haha!

The venues we shortlisted don't have wedding shows :(

Maybe the right word to use is "insecure" instead of "relaxed". Feels like I'm missing something in the plan. I guess more stress will only kick in when we cannot decide on the venue eventually, haha!

The venues we shortlisted don't have wedding shows :(

Then have to squeeze more perks out of them if they don't have wedding shows. Lol! Jia you!

rac_gsm

I'm a BTB tying the knots in May 2016 and only my wedding venue is confirmed! Feeling the stress...!

I'm having a wedding lunch, do you experts think it's advisable to have a videographer since it seems like I will only engage him for only few hours?

OYHZ

I'm a BTB tying the knots in May 2016 and only my wedding venue is confirmed! Feeling the stress...!

I'm having a wedding lunch, do you experts think it's advisable to have a videographer since it seems like I will only engage him for only few hours?

Congrats on getting the venue! Where did you choose?

Even for a few hours, I feel that it's good to have videos of your wedding lunch recept for keepsake :)

rac_gsm

Congrats on getting the venue! Where did you choose?

Even for a few hours, I feel that it's good to have videos of your wedding lunch recept for keepsake :)
I chose holiday inn orchard as their offer are quite reasonable with alcohol being free flow throughout the meal.

Any videographer to intro?

Thanks!

OYHZ

Oops in that case I've not much time left! Wedding in June next year

Nah, you're fine.. :) I had my pre-wed shoot so early in advance cos I wanted to shoot sakura.
Depending on the bridal studio location, it may take 3-6 months for the album to be ready after the photoshoot day. So if your wedding is in June 2016, it should be safe as long as you have your pre-wed shoot by the end of this year.. :)

DJ2016

is your photoshoot in SG? my friend did at gardens by the bay, so pretty!
yes. It's in SG as we are too lazy to travel overseas. We eliminated Gardens by the Bay as we feel it is too common and we saw it in almost all of our friends' wedding album.

OYHZ

yes. It's in SG as we are too lazy to travel overseas. We eliminated Gardens by the Bay as we feel it is too common and we saw it in almost all of our friends' wedding album.

Ohh didn't know it's common.. Cos almost all my close friends took their pre-wed shoot overseas.. except one.. but GBTB is really beautiful.
Anyway what kind of unique places are you looking for? nature? buildings? quirky kind? this thread has some suggestions :) http://singaporebrides.com/weddingforum/threads/suggestions-for-photoshoot-in-singapore.15026/

wah so fast? Mine is in Jan 16, and nothing much has been done yet. Photoshoot only in July. Any recommendations of unique venues for shoot?
depends on where is your photoshoot....we went JB to take the photoshoot, we went for old sch kind of outdoor shoot...

DJ2016

Ohh didn't know it's common.. Cos almost all my close friends took their pre-wed shoot overseas.. except one.. but GBTB is really beautiful.
Anyway what kind of unique places are you looking for? nature? buildings? quirky kind? this thread has some suggestions :) http://singaporebrides.com/weddingforum/threads/suggestions-for-photoshoot-in-singapore.15026/
Looking for unique nature or buildings (both are fine).. but our little red dot is so little that it is just the same old places.:(

My friends either local or taiwan. The albums start to look alike that maybe i just photoshop and replace their faces with my face in the album..:p

OYHZ

Looking for unique nature or buildings (both are fine).. but our little red dot is so little that it is just the same old places.:(

My friends either local or taiwan. The albums start to look alike that maybe i just photoshop and replace their faces with my face in the album..:p

Haha don't think that way pls! Cos the most important thing is the experience and fun time with your fiancé :)

Even though my friends went to less "common" shoot places eg. Paris and Italy (some volcanoe place), people don't focus so much on where they had the shoot, but rather, more of the feel of the photo/album overall and listen to their experiences.

When my fiancé n I look through our pre-wed photos now, we laugh at the jokes made during the photoshoot and recall those behind-the-scene stuff. Those are things that will be unique to the couple even if the backdrop is not.

Anyway have u discussed with your photographer? Cos I think most of them have their preferred venues for shoots. Make them do the work of there's something u really wanna request for :p

aiaiai48

Hi there,
I have a marriage prep course under Eagles Mediation and Counselling Centre to let go as I have attended a marriage prep course which is held by my church instead
http://emcc.org.sg/marriage-journey/marriage-preparation-programme/

The cost of the course is $370 (2 group sessions) (price negotiable)
Letting go at $250

per the MSF website, there is a $70 rebate on completion of the course from MSF as well (this information is accurate on the 10 Mar 2015)
http://app.msf.gov.sg/Policies/Marriages/Preparing-for-Marriage

for more info email [email protected]

Thanks

Siew Ching Lee

I am a Feb 16 bride to be...i am engaging Rickor Photography for my AD...My friends had used his services before and they are happy with it

I also like the old school theme. But we too lazy to go into JB. By the time we "JAM" in, i think everyone already not much energy left.
it was our worry at first too....htb parked car at woodland and we took bus in...must catch the timing too, overall the timing we went in n out so far has been gd...:)

puppetdollie

Hi I'm waiting for 2016 tong shu to be out this sep. Will it be too late if I book my venue in this yr sep for my wedding in dec 2016?

Hi I'm waiting for 2016 tong shu to be out this sep. Will it be too late if I book my venue in this yr sep for my wedding in dec 2016?

Maybe you want to consider looking for geomancer? If the date you choose happens to be a popular date.. certain venues might be full. So it really depends.

psr0306

Hi, I'm one early 2016 BTB! 24 Jan at Pan Pac :)

Need to look for AD PG, VG and probably photobooth as well. But most of the vendors advertised on this forum are way of my budget :( I heard from a friend of mine there is a FB group for budget brides like me to source for good deal. Anyone mind sharing the link to join?

Need to look for AD PG, VG and probably photobooth as well. But most of the vendors advertised on this forum are way of my budget :( I heard from a friend of mine there is a FB group for budget brides like me to source for good deal. Anyone mind sharing the link to join?
For photobooth u can try twenty one grams the price quite affordable compare to the rest

Maybe you can go to the upcoming bows happening this Friday to Sunday at dhoby ghaut to find those things that you need. :)

With all the props, and stuff? Wah.. you guys are "power". :O
nope, we need not carry anything, during photo shoot, we stayed at KSL hotel for 3d2n as the next day we need to select the photos...other than that, nothing much to bring in....we took public transport in upon checking in to KSL hotel too

Poochi

Hi, mind sharing your pan pac package?

Hey BTB, I just signed my wedding package with 520 Library yesterday!

My friend used them and said that the service was good and the pictures I saw were very nice! So I arranged am appt with them.

They were very friendly and did not even try to hardsell us anything.

They were also very accommodating to our request to try on gowns (other studio only let me try 2 gown, 520 library took out 6 gowns for me without me asking and it's very rare cos I'm a UK18!) They also allowed us to visit their photo studio and their prices are super duper reasonable!

End of the day I signed up for :
-pre wedding photography,
-actual day photography (5 hours)
-actual day gowns

and I save more than $2k+ if I compare to the shops at tanjong pagar... Will updated here when I take my photos etc

Now I need to find a venue!

Attachments

• 1429425208008.jpg
    1429425208008.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

eupgenie

Hello fellow BTBs! I'm also getting married in Oct 2016! Glad to find this group so we can share our experiences with one another. :) im pretty chillax for now.. We have booked our Pre Wedding shoot, AD photo & videography. Currently in the midst of confirming the wedding venue. Our shortlist is down to 2 now cos really dont want to get confused with more options hahah..

sandywzx

Hello BTBs!!

Im getting married in April next year…
Just wanna check something with regards to bridal studios.

Can we just make an appt and go in to try their gowns without committing to that particular studio?
Or trying of gowns can only be done after confirmation?

Hehehe! really have no idea… :(

miko28

Nah, you're fine.. :) I had my pre-wed shoot so early in advance cos I wanted to shoot sakura.
Depending on the bridal studio location, it may take 3-6 months for the album to be ready after the photoshoot day. So if your wedding is in June 2016, it should be safe as long as you have your pre-wed shoot by the end of this year.. :)
Hi, may i know where you take your photoshoot at and with which studio? Do you mind sharing the package details too? :)

Thanks in adv!

email: [email protected]

xodus

Hello BTBs!!

Im getting married in April next year…
Just wanna check something with regards to bridal studios.

Can we just make an appt and go in to try their gowns without committing to that particular studio?
Or trying of gowns can only be done after confirmation?

Hehehe! really have no idea… :(
Hello! Yes you can, normally that's when they try to show u gowns, talk to you about package. They will only u try like 2-3 from the display racks.