(2016) 2016 brides

zilinliu

We are looking for respondents aged between 28-34 years old to participate in TWO focus group discussions to talk about general issues in Singapore.

You will be required to attend BOTH discussions.

The TWO discussions will be held ONE WEEK APART from each other, and they will be held on 16 July (Thur) AND 23 July (Thur). You will be allocated into either one of the two timeslots: either 6-8PM or 830-1030PM.

Incentive is $150 cash for each discussion, and an additional $100 cash will be given if you attend BOTH sessions. So the total incentive will be $400.

If interested, please SMS the following details to 8268 4885
Full Name:
Marital Status:
Residency (e.g. Singaporean, PR, foreigner):
Personal Income (in SGD $):

Please note that only qualified respondents will be notified.

Thank you.

msjac

Hey BTB, I just signed my wedding package with 520 Library yesterday!

My friend used them and said that the service was good and the pictures I saw were very nice! So I arranged am appt with them.

They were very friendly and did not even try to hardsell us anything.

They were also very accommodating to our request to try on gowns (other studio only let me try 2 gown, 520 library took out 6 gowns for me without me asking and it's very rare cos I'm a UK18!) They also allowed us to visit their photo studio and their prices are super duper reasonable!

End of the day I signed up for :
-pre wedding photography,
-actual day photography (5 hours)
-actual day gowns

and I save more than $2k+ if I compare to the shops at tanjong pagar... Will updated here when I take my photos etc

Now I need to find a venue!

Hihi, do you mind to share with me your package?

You can email me at [email protected]

Thank you!

msjac

Hi all BTBs,

My AD will be October 2016. I thought I am kiasu to start planning now but I am so wrong. There's a few places already been booked on the initial date I wanted. Now I might be changing the date but I will still stick to October. :)

I'm new here and hope to get more insight on wedding planning because my fiance & I are really really noobs. Nice to meet you all! :)

Hi all BTBs,

My AD will be October 2016. I thought I am kiasu to start planning now but I am so wrong. There's a few places already been booked on the initial date I wanted. Now I might be changing the date but I will still stick to October. :)

I'm new here and hope to get more insight on wedding planning because my fiance & I are really really noobs. Nice to meet you all! :)

Yes.. There are quote a few Oct brides here.. I'm one of that. I booked my venue last year. :)

msjac

My BS is Z wedding.. We bought the package last year too. Heard the price increased already. But it's the usual package. Didn't bargain enough. Lol

So far have you liaise with them already? How's your experience?

Do you mind to share with me your package?

Hi all BTBs,

Hello! I think it's a good idea to start doing some research :) if you have a few Venues in mind, best to ask them to make a tentative booking so at least it's still available if you want to confirm the Venue. After your venue is done, you can then slowly look at the bridal boutiques.

$120 per photo?? that's pretty expensive, higher than average market rate right!

Yea I think 120 is really more expensive than the market rate. Mine is charging 95 per edited photo, 45 per unedited photo. I was thinking maybe if need to, just purchase the u edited and ask my friend to edit for me. Lol! I will also have another friend who will help take photos on actual day :))

caren_c

@twinklez Nopes i didnt! i think the consent form will only be issued (?) after the booking is confirmed. Since mine is just a soft booking, we dont have any consent form. :(
Maybe we can ask from our JP in oct/nov! ^^

msjac

Hello! I think it's a good idea to start doing some research :) if you have a few Venues in mind, best to ask them to make a tentative booking so at least it's still available if you want to confirm the Venue. After your venue is done, you can then slowly look at the bridal boutiques.

Thanks for your advice. :)

OYHZ

yup..perhaps i too mild at bargaining too..lol
i went to check out other BS after that and abt 70-90, if i recall correctly..

maybe check with other BTBs if that is the usual rate? if so it's hard to bargain.. but once u find someone who was charged a lower rate, then u have a better chance of obtaining the same lower rate..

Chassy

Thanks for the sharing!

But I am kinda disappointed with the bridal suite?
Yeah I understand... I upgraded my deluxe room to deluxe suite.. No complimentary upgrades... Guess this is one of the cons... Nevertheless heard my banquet manager saying that they have a wedding show for genting Jurong between 2-5 July. But she told me that the perks offered in the wedding show are not as attractive as the opening promotion perks...

msjac

Yeah I understand... I upgraded my deluxe room to deluxe suite.. No complimentary upgrades... Guess this is one of the cons... Nevertheless heard my banquet manager saying that they have a wedding show for genting Jurong between 2-5 July. But she told me that the perks offered in the wedding show are not as attractive as the opening promotion perks...
Thank you!

I am visiting tonight. :) Hope it will be nice and we will settle for it.

prisandmw

Hi all, I've been following your thread for a few days.. Finally decided a leave a post here :p.. I'm a Oct 16 btb and so far have booked my venue and BS...

Nice to meet all of you here :rolleyes:

msjac

Hi all, I've been following your thread for a few days.. Finally decided a leave a post here :p.. I'm a Oct 16 btb and so far have booked my venue and BS...

Nice to meet all of you here :rolleyes:

Hello! :)

I am October too ^^

Do you mind sharing with me your BS?

Same as @klijing_sg :) I am so trouble for my BS because I have tight budget. :(

We have a wedding band in mind already. Haven't buy yet though. but very simple only.

I would suggest you go to a few BS and try on their gowns and see if you have some that you like.

Some companies believe in first business of the day also. can ask for discount.

msjac

I would suggest you go to a few BS and try on their gowns and see if you have some that you like.

Some companies believe in first business of the day also. can ask for discount.

I was thinking of visiting the bridal fair on 4 July in Vivo. Or do you think visiting their physical shop is better?

I was thinking of visiting the bridal fair on 4 July in Vivo. Or do you think visiting their physical shop is better?

if you can, probably better to go to the store to see what kind of gowns they offer and maybe if possible, ask them to let you try....i think that would be better instead of just listening to their sales pitch

caren_c

@msjac i think it's a total new bridal store in town. Never heard of them before.
There's a Feline Bridal, not sure if they are related though...

But no harm going down to see. usually open house, have better promotions too. Maybe you can find a package that fits your budget + the gowns you fancy. :)

My advice (even though Ive yet to start visiting these BS hehe) is to go down to the physical shop and take a look at their range of gowns. understand which one your package allows you to choose from, and which ones you have to top up for.

If you know which BS will be taking part in the Love Affairs @ Vivo next weekend, you can go down to their shops this weekends to take a look. :)

I am jan btb as well so far fone my pre wedding photo shoot. Book my ad bridal shop will do gown fitting on sept
Booked venue
Jp still finding
Guo da li will buy on nov can try katong its way cheaper compare to those selling at amk
Food tasting on dec
Seating arrangment will do on nov
Buting bridemaid dress at bbk on aug
I not sure what i still left to do. So so far is all this

you have any recommendations for bridesmaid dress from Bangkok?

msjac

@msjac i think it's a total new bridal store in town. Never heard of them before.
There's a Feline Bridal, not sure if they are related though...

But no harm going down to see. usually open house, have better promotions too. Maybe you can find a package that fits your budget + the gowns you fancy. :)

My advice (even though Ive yet to start visiting these BS hehe) is to go down to the physical shop and take a look at their range of gowns. understand which one your package allows you to choose from, and which ones you have to top up for.

If you know which BS will be taking part in the Love Affairs @ Vivo next weekend, you can go down to their shops this weekends to take a look. :)

Thank you. This is really helpful :)

I will talk to my HTB to see if he will be interested to go down this weekend.

Feline Wedding. I never hear before, you got any reviews on them?

I find feline very pushy. I never saw their gowns except via photos. But their prices can push down quite a bit and can ask for freebies like photo frame and stuff.

But since their pricing is so flexible.. I kinda don't quite like the idea.

msjac

I find feline very pushy. I never saw their gowns except via photos. But their prices can push down quite a bit and can ask for freebies like photo frame and stuff.

Not too sure if Feline Bridal and Feline Wedding is the same or not hor? Because it says Feline Wedding "Grand Opening".

Not too sure if Feline Bridal and Feline Wedding is the same or not hor? Because it says Feline Wedding "Grand Opening".

I think can Google to check. Cos I thought I read some where that they were shifting to a bigger place.. thus the grand opening.

@msjac i think one thing to note also, is that if there are like different price ranges, you might want to check what range of gowns are you entitled to choosing from, with the price you paid.. i think price is lower, but if they said you have to add this add that, you might have to end up paying even more in the end :)

msjac

@msjac i think one thing to note also, is that if there are like different price ranges, you might want to check what range of gowns are you entitled to choosing from, with the price you paid.. i think price is lower, but if they said you have to add this add that, you might have to end up paying even more in the end :)

Ahh thank you. :) I will be careful.

prisandmw

Hello fellow z wedding btb.. Haha yes z wedding is quite inflexible in that sense but as they always say 一分錢一分貨