(2015) 2015 brides??

eiko

Hi All BTB (2015) looking for wedding venue (Hotel Lunch),

I've done some 'groundworks' and have input information from packages received by some hotels in a spreadsheet. I know it's quite a tedious project so I'm sharing it here! View on Google docs via link HERE
My wedding is in Dec 2015 and have already booked my wedding lunch recently. Took my fiance and I like close to 2 months.

Hotels featured:
Amara Sanctuary Resort
Amara Singapore
Carlton Hotel
Conrad
Crowne Plaza Changi
Fullerton
Goodwood Park (till sept 15 only)
Grand Park City Hall
Hilton
M Hotel Anson Room
Mandarin Orchard
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Mandarin
Orchard Hotel
Park Royal @ Pickering
Swissotel (until sept 2015 only)
Traders (until Aug 2015)
Concorde
Riverview
Hotel Rendezvous
Village Hotel Changi

Some tips for venue research:
1. Start early (1 to 1.5 years in advance)
2. Good to do site recce on weekends between 430pm to 6pm (usually set up for wedding dinner 70-100% complete)
3. Ask about payment. Best credit card rebate- Standard Chartered Manhattan. Most hotels accept staggered payments so you can maximise your rebates. But anything can happen, so you might not want to pay anything more than deposit until your wedding day
4. Ask about projector and audio usage. Some hotels may charge additional for this
5. If banquet sales manager is unwilling to give you more perks, for lunch, you might want to consider exchanging free alcoholic beverages for other perks. Afterall, people don't usually drink in the afternoon.

Thanks for the listing! However, I note that a lot of hotels minimum table is 20...

eiko

ahh thanks for the feedback... I'm not sure about the top up of the pics... Z Wedding quote me $5888 for photography and bridal gowns...

How many poses did Z wedding quote you? $5888 is A LOT lo... does it include GST?

traciee

Haha, Yeah . judi is right . I get into trapped easily . So i don't dare to go now . LOL !

hahahahaha but you have to go! or else the list just gets longer and longer and u end up going to see more :O allocate 2 BS a day? slowly slowly see... still got time right? :D

G&Z

How many poses did Z wedding quote you? $5888 is A LOT lo... does it include GST?
hmm i'm not sure, I forgot about the poses... 5888 with AD gowns, flowers, men suits, pre wedding shoot etc... Sophia quote me that price too but it's MTM gown and they having some promotion... $1300 discount till end of July...

hahahahaha but you have to go! or else the list just gets longer and longer and u end up going to see more :O allocate 2 BS a day? slowly slowly see... still got time right? :D

Hmmm , i agree . Going merry go round . LOL ! But my HTB is those type dont like to waste time........... So i guess gotta go with my girlf first instead.....

rachelyn

yea especially when I actually wanted a coffee table kinda album... Z wedding mentioned that they are giving me some discount and it's valid till end of the month... to be honest, I'm just afraid that I will not find the gown I like if it is off the rack... I'm also worried bat measurements....
Coffee table kinda album meaning? You have examples? Or you mean the photo is printed on the table top with glass on top?

I've done some 'groundworks' and have input information from packages received by some hotels in a spreadsheet. I know it's quite a tedious project so I'm sharing it here! View on Google docs via link HERE
My wedding is in Dec 2015 and have already booked my wedding lunch recently. Took my fiance and I like close to 2 months.
Wow! That's a lot of hotels and hard work. Wish I had more choices for my venue but I will be needing around 65 tables so most of the hotels are out :( Eventually I signed with Grand Copthorne Waterfront cos I was happy with the service.

OMG I didn't know orchard hotel was that pushy...haha..but Sunday 8pm is a weird timing...anyway they dao-ed me so yeah im going to shortlist other hotels lo

Ya i think i will check out Four Seasons, thanks for the advise!
Yea you may consider Four Seasons. The last I know, they are pet-friendly! My cousin had her wedding there and her dog as the ring bearer. So romantic and sweet. At least they could have their dog witness the whole event.

hmm i'm not sure, I forgot about the poses... 5888 with AD gowns, flowers, men suits, pre wedding shoot etc... Sophia quote me that price too but it's MTM gown and they having some promotion... $1300 discount till end of July...
I'm sure there are many others that can provide MTM at a lower price. Z Wedding is branded, thus their prices are high. I can't bear to spend so much on photos cos they will end up in the storeroom.

traciee

Hmmm , i agree . Going merry go round . LOL ! But my HTB is those type dont like to waste time........... So i guess gotta go with my girlf first instead.....

i went with my cousin first too :p when i decided already on signing up with digio then i asked my htb down to see me in the gowns. he okay means confirm can sign already. whahahaah.

i went with my cousin first too :p when i decided already on signing up with digio then i asked my htb down to see me in the gowns. he okay means confirm can sign already. whahahaah.

Ooh, So when you go into the shop they are okay if you go alone with your girlf ? I thought they will only be willing to serve if you are going in pairs ?

traciee

Ooh, So when you go into the shop they are okay if you go alone with your girlf ? I thought they will only be willing to serve if you are going in pairs ?

No la silly! No such things. As long as got business they sure entertain. Plus I do see a lot ladies there in pairs. Hahahaha. My friends also all went with their gf first. Girls opinion better than guys la :p guys everything all ok ok ok ok and looks the same to them. Hahaha!

No la silly! No such things. As long as got business they sure entertain. Plus I do see a lot ladies there in pairs. Hahahaha. My friends also all went with their gf first. Girls opinion better than guys la :p guys everything all ok ok ok ok and looks the same to them. Hahaha!

haha ! yes I agree to the full extend !! My HTB say he is very honest he will say all nice . =.=
Then i was like what the ......

rachelyn

That's true. U need girls' opinions cos the hubbies will only say "ok" or "not bad" or "nice" instead of giving substantial comments haha.

Kathy Tan

Hello ladies..

Wow seems like Z wedding got many good reviews! Other than Z wedding, what other recommendations do you all have? :)
Any one has suggestions for entertainment at your wedding? Like wedding singers etc ..? A friend has shared with me about Red Kite Weddings..
They have got so many music talents on their list! Haha. Anyone work with them before? :)

bearine

Hotels featured:
Amara Sanctuary Resort
Amara Singapore
Carlton Hotel
Conrad
Crowne Plaza Changi
Fullerton
Goodwood Park (till sept 15 only)
Grand Park City Hall
Hilton
M Hotel Anson Room
Mandarin Orchard
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Mandarin
Orchard Hotel
Park Royal @ Pickering
Swissotel (until sept 2015 only)
Traders (until Aug 2015)
Concorde
Riverview
Hotel Rendezvous
Village Hotel Changi

Some tips for venue research:
1. Start early (1 to 1.5 years in advance)
2. Good to do site recce on weekends between 430pm to 6pm (usually set up for wedding dinner 70-100% complete)
3. Ask about payment. Best credit card rebate- Standard Chartered Manhattan. Most hotels accept staggered payments so you can maximise your rebates. But anything can happen, so you might not want to pay anything more than deposit until your wedding day
4. Ask about projector and audio usage. Some hotels may charge additional for this
5. If banquet sales manager is unwilling to give you more perks, for lunch, you might want to consider exchanging free alcoholic beverages for other perks. Afterall, people don't usually drink in the afternoon.
Instead of cash rebate, I used Amex ascend, for krisflyer pt for my honeymoon tix. But the downside is, I have to pay a higher amt for my banquet so I can get the krisflyer pts earlier to book the air tix.

bearine

OOh , Which BS you chose ? You must be good at bargaining . *thumbs up*
I took over a fellow BTB's package. Not really good at bargaining. Just a silly mistake I made. Prior to that, I didnt know the price for each photo top up, so I happily select alot. Then we walked around the shop, say this and that are nice, she says ok, can give us. When she is done calculating, it was like 4k sgd top up and she already written it in the invoice. Somehow, we started slashing the no. of photos, so top up 800sgd and she nvr remove those freebies.. so... :oops:

traciee

haha ! yes I agree to the full extend !! My HTB say he is very honest he will say all nice . =.=
Then i was like what the ......

my htb also everything nice nice nice. and to him everything looks the same. hahahah! guys just not into details lah. so better to get a girl's opinion :D

That's true. U need girls' opinions cos the hubbies will only say "ok" or "not bad" or "nice" instead of giving substantial comments haha.

show them 5 gowns with different lace, different details, different designs, they will say all look the same. hahaha.

monatomic

Instead of cash rebate, I used Amex ascend, for krisflyer pt for my honeymoon tix. But the downside is, I have to pay a higher amt for my banquet so I can get the krisflyer pts earlier to book the air tix.

Oh yes, we were debating over to use our citibank premiermiles card to clock the miles instead but honeymoon is still vague at this point so we'd rather see more tangible rebates.
Just did a quick search on Amex Ascend card,
saw this article on best 3 credit cards for mileage: https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/best-3-credit-cards-frequent-160000678.html

G&Z

Coffee table kinda album meaning? You have examples? Or you mean the photo is printed on the table top with glass on top?

Wow! That's a lot of hotels and hard work. Wish I had more choices for my venue but I will be needing around 65 tables so most of the hotels are out :( Eventually I signed with Grand Copthorne Waterfront cos I was happy with the service.

Yea you may consider Four Seasons. The last I know, they are pet-friendly! My cousin had her wedding there and her dog as the ring bearer. So romantic and sweet. At least they could have their dog witness the whole event.

I'm sure there are many others that can provide MTM at a lower price. Z Wedding is branded, thus their prices are high. I can't bear to spend so much on photos cos they will end up in the storeroom.

coffee table book album looks sth like this > http://www.staniphotography.com/img/s4/v64/p1202480494-5.jpg

it's like a book rather than photo album...

today I went down to Bridal Veil... I always like her design and bf like the fact that their men's suit is MTM too... so we may end up with them...

eiko

Sophia said the $1,300 discount is only valid for full packages. So with the discount it will be 4,588? I read many reviews about Sophia, they can actually give quite ok perks but the problem is they will ask you to confirm on the spot lo. Did the 5,888 include AD photography too? By the way, how's Bridal Veil pricing like? Can share?

eiko

Hello ladies..

Wow seems like Z wedding got many good reviews! Other than Z wedding, what other recommendations do you all have? :)
Any one has suggestions for entertainment at your wedding? Like wedding singers etc ..? A friend has shared with me about Red Kite Weddings..
They have got so many music talents on their list! Haha. Anyone work with them before? :)

If you like princessy gowns, can try La Belle Couture... I went to their shop but wasn't able to see any gowns except those on iPad. Guess they are too busy. It really depends what kind of gowns/packages you're looking for.

kathyy

Hi babe. Thanks for sharing!! I'm doing ala carte too. May I know where will you be getting your gown? And are you taking prewed photography? Heh. Thanks!

Hi, I havent decided but currently looking at the Gown Warehouse, Taobao.com (website have some really low cost ones <$200) etc. For online shopping, you will need to get your measurements accurate, otherwise once its delivered, can only get it altered in Singapore. Good luck :)

rachelyn

coffee table book album looks sth like this > http://www.staniphotography.com/img/s4/v64/p1202480494-5.jpg

it's like a book rather than photo album...

today I went down to Bridal Veil... I always like her design and bf like the fact that their men's suit is MTM too... so we may end up with them...
I guess most will provide book type of album so no issues. Covers and types of materials used can be chosen as well.

rachelyn

my htb also everything nice nice nice. and to him everything looks the same. hahahah! guys just not into details lah. so better to get a girl's opinion :D

show them 5 gowns with different lace, different details, different designs, they will say all look the same. hahaha.
They are extremely bad with colours as well :confused: How can blue and turquoise or magenta and purple look the same?

traciee

They are extremely bad with colours as well :confused: How can blue and turquoise or magenta and purple look the same?

I KNOW RIGHT!!! hahahaha. they only know the basic colours... so even if u try on 10 over gowns in the different shades of blue, it's still blue to them.

xling

Hi, I havent decided but currently looking at the Gown Warehouse, Taobao.com (website have some really low cost ones <$200) etc. For online shopping, you will need to get your measurements accurate, otherwise once its delivered, can only get it altered in Singapore. Good luck :)

Yes! I was looking at taobao too! Hehe.

G&Z

Sophia said the $1,300 discount is only valid for full packages. So with the discount it will be 4,588? I read many reviews about Sophia, they can actually give quite ok perks but the problem is they will ask you to confirm on the spot lo. Did the 5,888 include AD photography too? By the way, how's Bridal Veil pricing like? Can share?

i think so... we did not really pay attention.. I think it include pre wedding shoot (sorry, cannot remember!)... the guy like a bit no mood to serve us.. maybe becoz my dearest bf said he doesnt like the photos so he do not wan the photography package...

Bridal Veil is $3980, wedding gown and evening is MTM (evening gown to keep), 2 veils, make ups, Kua/tea dress/bridemaids' dresses for rent (choose one if require), Groom, suit and dress shirt is MTM too (to keep)...

if we want the pre wedding shoot will be $5980 with avenue 8

G&Z

Hi babes I'm doing ala carte too, with BQueen's wedding. MTM wedding & evening gown, and rental of teadress at about 1k.
hi can i check where is BQueen? you have their website?

Hi Brides,

Recently my friend intro me of this clear aligner system. Its Clear, Comfortable. Anyone try?

Attachments

• sample 1.jpg
    sample 1.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 71
  • sample 2.jpg
    sample 2.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 71

xling

hi can i check where is BQueen? you have their website?

Hi ladies. Bqueen was previously queens couture huh? I am looking at going to her too but afraid a lil early to do so. I was advised that her gowns are priced 200-400. Really reasonable! But I don't think she got a website, only fb?

mcpig

Hi ladies. Bqueen was previously queens couture huh? I am looking at going to her too but afraid a lil early to do so. I was advised that her gowns are priced 200-400. Really reasonable! But I don't think she got a website, only fb?

Hi babes, no website, only FB, search BQueens Wedding. & Yes it was formerly called Queens Couture.

marchbtb_15

Hi btb. I just went for my 1st appointment with Z Wedding. I must comment that their gowns are really very Nice! But after that I feel very duper upset. Cos they mention that I have 2 outdoor gowns and 2 actual day gowns. But my package was written as 3x studio gown and 1x outdoor gown. As for actual day it would be 1x wedding gown and 1x evening gown. So I tried to enquire. To my surprise or rather my horror. They say the actual day gowns will be for photoshooting as well. I m extremely disappointed. Cos the reason why I signed up with them is because of their gowns but now they said this. Any z wedding brides care to explain? My htb and I plan to make a trip down this weekend to clarify with z wedding lady boss..

marchbtb_15

Hi btb. I just went for my 1st appointment with Z Wedding. I must comment that their gowns are really very Nice! But after that I feel very duper upset. Cos they mention that I have 2 outdoor gowns and 2 actual day gowns. But my package was written as 3x studio gown and 1x outdoor gown. As for actual day it would be 1x wedding gown and 1x evening gown. So I tried to enquire. To my surprise or rather my horror. They say the actual day gowns will be for photoshooting as well. I m extremely disappointed. Cos the reason why I signed up with them is because of their gowns but now they said this. Any z wedding brides care to explain? My htb and I plan to make a trip down this weekend to clarify with z wedding lady boss..
I have clarify all my doubts with z wedding. Thumbs up for their service! Would definitely recommend this bs to any btb!

G&Z

I have clarify all my doubts with z wedding. Thumbs up for their service! Would definitely recommend this bs to any btb!

So what did they say?

marchbtb_15

So what did they say?
They said through photoshooting it would bring out more details of the gowns. However I also have the option if I still want to have the 3x studio gown. But I choose to have the actual day gowns be in pre wedding shoot then top up $ for change of gown. :) Anyway I have referral vouchers that will give us extra 3 pictures if any brides were to sign with them. I don't mind making the trip down to z wedding to pass the vouchers. :)

hippo_woody

It's quite affordable & quality depending on what type of material u choose. I was there to look for flower girl, mother dress & bridesmaid dress all MTM. Thus I nvr focus much on the bridal gown selection. Valent is v friendly lady. Go to her FB to take a look & make an appt to check out the gown. I didn't place any order with her during my last visit. She still entertain us politely. Nvr pushy also. I fear most of BS that r pushy & hard-sell.

Using SingaporeBrides app

hippo_woody

I have a package with BS, AD gown (off-the-rack) is included. But I dun intend to use that AD gown. My htb already bought a Vera Wang gown (simple cut), so using that instead.

hidamari

Usually does pre-wedding and AD gowns the same? I was told there will be 5 off the rack gown for pre-wed and for AD will be 1 kua, evening gown and the white gown.

hippo_woody

I'm a March 2015 BTB. Looking for photobooth and live band for my banquet. Any good ones to recommend?
Currently looking at Twenty one grams / One eye click live and Hello Forever, but dunno which to choose.

Live band, check out Sparkle Live Music (https://m.facebook.com/sparklelivemusic). They are quite experienced co in wedding live band.

Otherwise, u can check out Shili & Adi (https://m.facebook.com/shiliandadi). Previously I heard them performing at Beer Market & RedDot @ Dempsey.

Or Paraphrase (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paraphrase/396281103737458). They perform at Shuffle & Beer Market @ Clarke Quay.

mcpig

Hihi. Mind sharing how's the quality and design? :)

Hi

To me I think the quality/designs are comparable to BS at Tanjong Pagar area. Valent is very down to earth, she doesn't pride herself as a top notched designer but she will tell you outright that she is able to duplicate any design you see at any BS or runway so long you tell her what you need.

yukoh

Hello everyone! Any July 2015 btb? Im a Chinese and marrying an Indian Muslim.. Wonder if anyone cld share abt their fusion wedding?

Has anyone got experience of wedding at Hortpark MPH? I have searched for reviews but seem quite limited! Thanks!!

cerealc

I think I may be chided for asking such a old-fashioned qstn..But pls pardon me. Any girls heard of any taboos about planning/ liaising with wedding vendors during the Chinese seventh-month?

I am very excited planning wedding stuff, just that heard some of this taboo and wanted be careful before I arrange meet-ups/ appts with my vendors.

alyooop

I think I may be chided for asking such a old-fashioned qstn..But pls pardon me. Any girls heard of any taboos about planning/ liaising with wedding vendors during the Chinese seventh-month?

I am very excited planning wedding stuff, just that heard some of this taboo and wanted be careful before I arrange meet-ups/ appts with my vendors.
I'm not sure if it applies since you're just planning and not getting married during the seventh month. We're not superstitious in the first place so we didn't bother with these things. Were you able to find anything about this on the web?

cerealc

Nope, wasn't able to found this on the web, except marrying during the seventh month. But heard that there was this taboo, so just asking around to be safe. It's sort of like planning is fine during this period, but not actively meeting wedding vendors, bookings/ committing to wedding stuff. :p

oh well, hope I am just being overly superstitious. Haha