(2015/01) January 2015 BTB

Hi Stilettoheeled,

Dun mind can share which bridal u signed up with?

I'm doing research for mine nxt yr..

I'm kind of ala carte-ing all my services, so no full bridal package for me. My groom tailored his suit in Bangkok, I bought my gown from The Gown Warehouse, I'm doing my pre-wedding shoot with Yikeshu Wedding Services, and getting a free lance AD photographer and AD MUA. Its just that I realised there's a lot of stuff that comes with the packages that I don't need... So this way is cheaper and more efficient for me.

Annieloh

Hi Annie,

Which BS did you choose? was looking for a BS at JB too... Mind to share the package?
Mine at Sg bridal.. package at rm6888
Roughly includes AD 1 gown, 1 tea dress, 2 night gown and 2 coats for groom
Photoshoot outfits different sets..car deco, hand bouquets, dvd montage with 2 songs.. crosspage album, big photo frame, guest book, table top, cd cover, poster and selected soft copies.
Excluding pg, vg and mua

Hi there! My date is 1st jan 2015, just signed the banquet at four seasons, ordered my gown. Fixing the schedule for pre wedding shoot and designing my own cards... Stwess

Congrats! everybody will remember your wedding as the first wedding of the year too!
Haaaaaaaa, simply stating out now over my pre wedding shoot... I have 2 jetstar vouchers but have no time for a getaway, do am thinking how I can schedule an overseas shoot just to use the vouchers...

alyooop

Ladies, is there such a thing as the groom's sister cannot be bridesmaid/jiemei for the bride? Or am I the last to know about this sort of thing, since my htb and I never cared for these rules and whatnots.

His sis wasn't going to be my bridesmaid in the first place, she's just there with my own sister to help direct any lost guests just in case, but their aunts thought she was and they weren't happy about it, so she was frustrated over this until I reminded her she's not the bridesmaid. Ugh what even is this restriction I didn't know about?!?!

mehhh1501

The prima tower is also ok. But the location is quite deep. Have to walk inside a little bit more.

Peony jade else dn think so. Out of my budget. Max is $650 nett per table.

So gotta do more research and hv a few short listed in mind. Jus in case the restaurant is not available on the date.

Try Roland restaurant? Seems good...

winleobee

Ladies, is there such a thing as the groom's sister cannot be bridesmaid/jiemei for the bride? Or am I the last to know about this sort of thing, since my htb and I never cared for these rules and whatnots.

His sis wasn't going to be my bridesmaid in the first place, she's just there with my own sister to help direct any lost guests just in case, but their aunts thought she was and they weren't happy about it, so she was frustrated over this until I reminded her she's not the bridesmaid. Ugh what even is this restriction I didn't know about?!?!

There are bound to have some disagreements & differences with the comments made by relatives or friends along the wedding preparations. If you believe in how you want it, just follow your heart & don't be bothered by the remarks :) unless its from your htb lol Anyway, its your wedding!

alyooop

There are bound to have some disagreements & differences with the comments made by relatives or friends along the wedding preparations. If you believe in how you want it, just follow your heart & don't be bothered by the remarks :) unless its from your htb lol Anyway, its your wedding!
Sigh, that's true. I suspect they made a lot of comments and made it sound like it was her fault for agreeing without thinking it through and made her feel terrible about it. She didn't even dare or was too frustrated to tell me directly and I had to find out from my htb :/ I thought this was another Chinese custom we didn't know or care about!

This is exactly why I've never told my relatives about our planning progress so they have no chance to inject comments. Oh well, if they bring this up again I'll just put my foot down and clarify it.

judi28

Sigh, that's true. I suspect they made a lot of comments and made it sound like it was her fault for agreeing without thinking it through and made her feel terrible about it. She didn't even dare or was too frustrated to tell me directly and I had to find out from my htb :/ I thought this was another Chinese custom we didn't know or care about!

This is exactly why I've never told my relatives about our planning progress so they have no chance to inject comments. Oh well, if they bring this up again I'll just put my foot down and clarify it.

agree with winleobee.. it is impossible to please everyone... we just follow our heart, and enjoy the journey. :D
I think part of the reason that most of the siblings seldom get involved as brothers/sisters, cos they wanted to stay home and help their parents up too...

alyooop

agree with winleobee.. it is impossible to please everyone... we just follow our heart, and enjoy the journey. :D
I think part of the reason that most of the siblings seldom get involved as brothers/sisters, cos they wanted to stay home and help their parents up too...
That's possible too! Only there's nothing for our parents to do other than be present hahaha coz we're just gonna sign, serve tea and have buffet lunch.

Annieloh

Hey ladies.. was feeling so accomplished today that i cant help sharing.. i've long booked by dinner package with Movenpick and today they happen to hold wedding show so i decide to go down see if i can get extra perks and indeed i was given whatever perks they offered for new sign ups.. so much more given and great savings i'll get!

btbvon

That's good because usually once contract is signed, they won't be bothered to give you any other perks. Maybe we all should take note of our hotels promotions and see if we can clinch something else too

alyooop

Hey ladies, does anyone know if it's fine to date the solemnizer consent form much earlier even though the advised timeline is to contact a JP only about 3 months ahead?

mcpig

Hey ladies, does anyone know if it's fine to date the solemnizer consent form much earlier even though the advised timeline is to contact a JP only about 3 months ahead?

Hey, it's fine, as some people "book" the JP earlier to prevent last minute scramble, doesnt affect anything.

btbvon

Anybody know of any good jp that can arrange in advance? Preferably someone whom's very family man with light hearted jokes to ease the tension?

alyooop

Anybody know of any good jp that can arrange in advance? Preferably someone whom's very family man with light hearted jokes to ease the tension?
When do u need the jp? We haven't met with ours yet, just corresponding thru sms and email lol. But I've read reviews that he quite nice.

btbvon

When do u need the jp? We haven't met with ours yet, just corresponding thru sms and email lol. But I've read reviews that he quite nice.

Haha I think we both have the same date on the 10th! I'll most prob be holding mine in the evening.

alyooop

Haha I think we both have the same date on the 10th! I'll most prob be holding mine in the evening.
Aah I remembered there was someone else on the 10th too lol. I heard Mr. Alphonsus Loh is pretty nice. But seems like his license just expired last week?? :/

alyooop

So quiet now haha how's everyone's planning? We finally got our rings! mine will be ready in a couple of weeks coz we got them separately, ended up saving a lot :D

On a not very related note, I made appointments to extract my lower wisdom teeth after thinking about it for a year. Don't wanna end up getting toothache on AD and have to miss out on my buffet!

alyooop

going for gown selection on coming monday, anything to take note? have you all done your PG?
Doing pg on AD only, gonna take polaroids in the mean time to substitute the usual photobook people have at the reception table.

I'm not sure about gowns, maybe bring the shoes/heels you'll be wearing? Or something of similar height so u know how the length of the gown will look like. And maybe have an idea of how the neckline will complement your hairstyle? Like updo or sidesweep with lowback or strapless so can show off your neck haha.

evontan

Pg means taking pre wedding photo shoot? I m taking mine on sept. Gown selection has done. but there 1 dress still need to alter. Will collect 1 day before the actual photoshoot.

btbvon

I've engaged Sylvia Tham. Have yet to meet up with her but seen a few short clips and heard good reviews about her.

Kathy Tan

Thanks ladies for sharing. I have also heard of Jeremy Lee, he seems professional watching from some clips. Thinking to engage him as wedding emcee :)

Adelqian

Hello I'm a Jan 2015 btb too! So far only settled the following:

-wedding bands
-Bridal studio
-Banquet venue (to think I just booked today only!)

So lost now as to what's the next course of actions! >,<"

advices babes?

evontan

Hi Adelqian

I guess next thing to do

- planning to take pre wedding photo shoot
- rom ( tgt with the AD wedding or before)
If it on the separate day gotta plan to buy/ rent rom dress and venue for rom

alyooop

-wedding bands
-Bridal studio

advices babes?
Have you settled your guestlist? Coz you should be sending out save the dates soon so that you'll know your final guestlist to send official invites to closer to your date.

Adelqian

Hi Adelqian

I guess next thing to do

- planning to take pre wedding photo shoot
- rom ( tgt with the AD wedding or before)
If it on the separate day gotta plan to buy/ rent rom dress and venue for rom

I'll be going for my gown selection soon n photo taking will be somewhere in mid Oct, have to confirm again with the BS if they can process everything by Jan.

My rom on the same!

Adelqian

Alyooop:

Not really more or less inform but becos mine on a weekday so im also quite scare pple will fly me plane

winleobee

-wedding bands
-Bridal studio

advices babes?

How about to start planning for your guest list & those nitty gritty stuffs like sourcing for your wedding shoes, accessories, props etc, arranging who to help you out on the actual day, flower girls &/or boys to walk down the aisle together with you..

Enjoy the process!

All Jan'15 btbs, how is your preparation coming along? :)

alyooop

Alyooop:

Not really more or less inform but becos mine on a weekday so im also quite scare pple will fly me plane
Hurry chope them! Hahaha.. I've mentioned to friends who I'm definitely inviting, but will still send save the dates through fb just in case.

alyooop

How about to start planning for your guest list & those nitty gritty stuffs like sourcing for your wedding shoes, accessories, props etc, arranging who to help you out on the actual day, flower girls &/or boys to walk down the aisle together with you..

Enjoy the process!

All Jan'15 btbs, how is your preparation coming along? :)
Collecting my ring this weekend! Then need to settle invitation card design and printing, and meet up with florist soon.

winleobee

Collecting my ring this weekend! Then need to settle invitation card design and printing, and meet up with florist soon.

Nice! Are you meeting the florist for event decoration or for your bouquet & corsages?

I went for gown selection two weeks ago but they never mention anything on the bouquet...