(2012) 2012 Brides to be

shannat

crystal: my sis took up cangai, took her pics in TW. think her package abt 3K+ but doesnt include accom n flight tix there. i hv emailed u my agent's contact.
happy.gif

revlis

Shanna: ur sis this yr ad or next yr same as u?

Elaine : welcome to 2012 bride forum hee. Later mag saw ur msg will approve u in fb. When ur AD?
happy.gif

lms_sharon

hey ladies, if u all looking for PG & VG, i have one to intro.. I have signed up with him for my AD on 1-jan-2012 too.. Vincent Yee ( http://www.v-inproduction.com )

As for the ridiculous COV of $50K, today i just heard from 1 of my colleague that he paid $62K COV for his Jumbo unit in Yishun!! Total value (inclu the 62K COV) is $652k.. But he said considered cheap alr.. zzzz.. Luckily alr got 1 in Punggol, or else dun even dare to think of getting married.. haha..

revlis

Shanna: oh nice. Can gain knowledge frm her also
happy.gif

Elaine: mine 10dec. How ur preparation?

Hmm gals, i quite sotong abt the cov thingy. I noe is cash over valuation but can this be pay via cpf or must be hard cash? Why? Izzit hdb will only loan u the valuation costs of the flat. Or it mean on paper the hse is sold at the valuation price then the cov is extra for the seller to earn?

shellie_may

Hihi all 2012 BTBs!!! *wave*

Im a 2012 btb too! wana say a big THANK YOU to Xrevlis for introducing me to this discussion. Wow! v active discussion here. Haha, i spent quite a bit of time reading thru d recent posts.Wud luv to share my wedding tots & ideas with u gals here.

Hi Fiona,

Same AD as u!!! 22 Dec 2012.

My banquet will be held in Oriental. V near urs. keke

shannat

xrevlis: COV must be paid in cash. 1st appt must pay le iirc. valuation is the price of the house at the point of time.. ok, i explain to u this way: val= cost price, COV = profit. so val + COV = SELLING PRICE of the hse. and yes, HDB will only loan u the val costs of the hse.
happy.gif

**pls correct me if im wrong.
happy.gif

shellie_may

Hi Xrevlis,

For COV, nd to pay by cold hard cash..

We r in d same boat...my hubby is 1 of the owner of his current hse. Currently he is stayin with his parents, brother & sister-in-law. We have gotten our BTO which is due to complete in 2016 so he will need to get d house transferred to his brother before our collection of our BTO keys. If transfer fails, he will have to sell d hse..headache if this happens..

elainetan83

xrevlis: I have only done with my banquet (Amara) and PS (Whitelink)..That all for now..haha..How about us?

As for the COV, it has to be paid using cash. Only valuation amount is HDB loan after deduction the grants from HDD (eg: first timer grant / live near parents grant_

elainetan83

shanna: nice to know that! how many tables you have? they seems quite strict with the perks..BTW, are you having the food tasting?

You gals are heading down to leaping lizard? I am thinking of customizing my heels, however, totally no idea about what kind of designs..

shannat

elaine: i took 25 first.. but i think my current count is 28 alr.. keke. food tasting, shld be ba.
happy.gif

yah we planning to head down to leapin lizard n loen behold to view the shoes. wanna join us??
happy.gif
23rd july!

revlis

Thks gals for the explanation. Hee i understand now
happy.gif

Shellie: hee Big Welcome to u
happy.gif

Oh but how ur manage to apply bto since his name in current hse? Hdb doesnt stop at that point?
The prob is my htb mum not keen for him to remove his name due to some family matters. So kinda headache.
Do u noe if ur htb doesnt remove his name 30mths before u get keys, ur cannot loan frm hdb? Can only take bank loan. Cos hdb need u to dispose ur flat for 30mths then will loan u. Not sure if the rule change cos that wat happen to my bro last yr. He and his wife got a bto flat but cant loan frm hdb cos his wife just dispose her co-shared condo with her sis few mths before they get keys.

Elaine : same here, got bluebay for ps and digio for ad pkg, orchard hotel n wedding bands le hee. Oh i love whitelink gown, they got many bling bling.

elainetan83

Shanna: yes i took up 25 tables first too..but must hit 30 to get complimentary food tasting right? 2 more table to go..I have not work on my guest list yet..
I have been to leapin lizard before..u have any designs in mind? sure I get back to you about 23 July =)

tanyix

shanna: hahahaha! no wonder! i was still thinking maybe you work night shift. hehe..

houseoflove: yeps i agree i would prefer moomedia for their VG rather than PG.

anyone thinking of taking up freelancer photographer?

elainetan83

xrevlis: wow u r fast! where do u get ur wedding bands? I thinking of customization..I have not seen white link gowns yet as I signed during the BOW, maybe I will make a trip down to take a look =)

shellie_may

Xrevlis: When we applied online for the BTO, my hubby declared that he is an owner of the current hse. In d e-application form, there is a section to declare if any of d applicant has a house. Our application went through. Den when we went down HDB for unit selection, we were informed that my hubby needs to transfer / sell his house before collection of keys.

gee, i wasnt aware of the 30mth rule...thanks for highlighting to me. I'll check their website to c if any changes in d rules.

His parents r ok that my hubby removes his name so long as his bro takes up his ownership. But i can tell u, i previously had some disputes with my hubby over this house thingy..to a point i got so upset that i almost dun wan our new BTO. V 'kek sim' lor.

So i can understand hw u feel..for your hubby's hse, what's his next plan if his mum is not willing to do d transfer?

magdal

Hi Shelie welcome~~

Elaine: can i have you nick for FB.

xrevlis:
sad.gif
1Q 2014. anchorvale horizon

mistyhaze& nicole: SK where~~???

event name: shoe viewing
date: 23 jul
shop will visit: leaping lizard & Leo and behold
boy coming along??? or just us??

1- magdal
2- chin
3- shanna w hubby
4-
our FB, please let me know ur FB nick
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_119762578061284

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akd01L4OMjendFl0bE9tbXo5akI0eUFDcVMwbHExQ0E&hl=en&authkey=CO_dg_YM#gid=0

ernie80

Hi ladies!

I am a 2012 bride too! will be holding my AD on 9th June at Swissotel Merchant Court.

Nice to meet you all here
happy.gif

lovelydove

Shanna, from 30K COV bargain to 9K.. it's really good deal!

Crystaline, what area are you looking at? Some areas seems like 50K COV is a norm... it also depends on the seller's attitude. Agent maybe not be able to do much.

I have been looking at resale houses in Bt merah/telok blangah area these few weeks too. Everyone is asking for at least 30 to 40K COV. Those better renovated ones are asking for 50 to 70K COV... Sigh, it's really expensive!!!!

Wow 70k COV is madness.. Am caught in this dire situation too but htb don't seems to worry at all! î–

The createursproduction give me rates like $1038 for videographer and live feeds. But thinking back, for my luncheon I may not need videographer actually.. Hmm.. Shd really think through first.

Since mine is luncheon, I will not be doing the gatecrash highlights so can actually save on videographer. But would like to have live feeds to entertain my guests.. But am thinking of creating my own montage and a short story video clip too. All these boils down to if I have the time to do so.
happy.gif

houseoflove

Shanna: thanks for letting me know istudio's quotes! do u know wat is included and is tat the usual price or promo price? hmm tink i have to make a trip down personally to JB to check it out..

ya searching of hse is another BIG headache..but i do hope woodlands resale flat cov is low since its super ulu. =)

Sharon_lim: wah piang..62k le..wats a jumbo unit?

YX: oh moomedia just got back to me..super ex..sian...

hey if u r looking for freelancer photographer, can try Alex from Depixel. I met up with him to go through his portfolio before, its better than some full-timers who are charging higher rates..he is an easy-going chap and his rates are reasonable too.

$1500 for 10hrs, he is value for money. You can check out his works at http://www.depixel.sgï¼

Hmm actually i really find tat how much a photographer charges might not be a good indication of how good a work he produces..sorry to say tat but its true.

lovelydove

houseoflove, i tink a jumbo flat is combining a 3-room and 4-room flat side by side into one jumbo flat. I've been to a friends place like that before...

crystalin

thread is moving super fast.

shan: looking at sengkang area

elaine: welcome! my big day is 1 week after yours
happy.gif
r u gg for local or overseas ps with whitelink?

shanna: i sms the agent and he say he has been ur agent for years... anyway he ask us to meet up with him to understand our requirements first.

eh pg and vg must also book 1 year in advance ma?

binary

ya this thread is moving fast.. hard to catch up.. and everyone we have new btbs joining us.. welcome gals..

i tried 4 times BTO.. finally we secure the one at punggol.. but parents dun like cos too far from both parents' house.. both htb & i live near tiong bahur.. shan was right.. our place here kim tian is selling like hot cake.. ever redhill and even queentown there too..

think with that 70K.. we can do a very nice home reno with electrical applicances..

next time outing outing can be in SK/pmunggol.. huh..

think the 30mth rule does apply.. but not sure from when take effect..

i was asking my colleagues their feedback from their PG & MUA.. happen that my foregin colleague was laughing at us SINGAPOREAN so KS.. plan so far in advance..

binary

anyone encountered that the MUA, PG & VG that you one have been book mah?

how much earlier did you gals contact them and get rejected?

shall i post in FB? haha..

magdal

evelyn: when ur BTO ready? i got my SK in 3rd try

tampines COV was too high for us too~~

Crystal: dont have to be as early as hotel.. but if your PG and VG allow. you can book now and secure the price

revlis

Elaine: i bought my bands from sookee last week
happy.gif
my rom this yr sept so gotta get bands first hee.

Shellie: yup u told me b4 abt ur flat
happy.gif
better hdb chk the bank loan thingy. Hmm htb thinking to buy condo but i feel we cant afford leh. So dunno how now also.
sad.gif
n i v against resale so make him stuck in btw.

Magdal: then u staying with ur hub after ad?

Zen: lunch also can have gatecrash highlight if u wan
happy.gif
but if u no engage vg, will u regret cant see wat happening during gatecrash?

Ernie : welcome to the forum
happy.gif

Crystaline: if possible try bk once u decide ur pg n vg cos price went up every yr n once they got more experience, they quote higher. So better secure 2011 rate
happy.gif

Evelyn: i contact a pg for my rom 6 mths in adv n was told he is bk for that date. Hee but he is just one of the few i email for rom quotation. I not disappointed at all cos i got another one in mind, just keep my option open so email n ask.

chocolatebasket

Hucklebeary - all our outings will be posted here. So anytime u can make it - do join us!
happy.gif

Julia - maybe our thinking different. Ha..
I think it's very useful to shop around to see what's in the market and so we dun make rash decisions. Ha... i say until like very serious like that..

Shellie May - hi shellie~ do you mean mandarin oriental?

Xrevlis > thot of that too so most prob will get friend to be a temporary videographer for the daytime. But thot of getting live feeds, wanting to flash what happen during the daytime before the luncheon.
happy.gif

elainetan83

Shan: I have also just bought a resale in telok blangah, my cov was 25k for a 3 BR..if you need any help can let me know..

xrevlis: I see! me need to hunt for mine soon!

binary

madgal: my estimated completiion date has been revised to Q1 2012.. but most of us believe that by Q4 2011.. should be able to collect by batches liao.. Q1 2012.. it just a estimate for HDB just in case we ppl complain of the delay..

Xrevlis: ok noted.. maybe i just try to secure package with 2011 prices first..

good night, ladies..

julia85

shellie> i'm in the same situation as u!
my bf oso has his name under the current flat..
so when our BTO comes, he need to transfer to his bro oso..

chocolatebasket> ya i know...
but now is i wanna go see see first..
but he doesnt sound interested..
i think he thinks tat see = buy.. =__=

magdal

xrelis: Will move to my bf place. anyway we stay very near each other.

evelyn: very soon le~ got to start hunt for ID le

lindalim04

YX, i actually took up a freelance photographer.. i met up with him and saw that his photos are quite good... not too ex also... if you need his contact, let me know...

shannat

elaine: yup, 2 more to go.. might hit it since husb say he might need to invite more ppl... *shrugs*

YX: lol~ :p

ernie80: welcome!!
happy.gif

Shan: yes, quite lucky to get this deal. :D bt merah tt area is sure to sell very high!city area is like tt. my parents chinatown flat also sold for a v high price!
happy.gif

crystalline: i think he meant for my husb n his mum.. cos he previously helped them sell n buy their flats. but i only got to know him from buying my current flat.
happy.gif

good to meet up with him to let him know what u want.. so wont waste time due to miscommunication.
happy.gif

i booked my PG n VG one yr plus earlier than my AD cos.. i KS!! and also to secure the price.
happy.gif

binary

ladies, just saw advertisment from TODAY newspaper.. Robinsons will absorbed GST for all mattresses and extras $600 off on selected promotional prices of selected mattresses..

if robinsons cards member, still appliable for 5 or 10% Card rebate..

promo starts now till 12 june..

crystalin

shanna: only worry about paying 50% in advance. but if i sign with reputable pg and vg should be ok right? if its freelancer, i only worry dont know by then he/she still working in this line nor.

evelyn: super good deal! too early for me to get this yet. wait for next yr gss~

preciousgal

ladies,

i heard someone looking for reasonable vg and pg rite?

i think this one not bad i feel his pictures are good. Don from forest production.

and this thread is super fast lah. Haven come in for days. I am lost totally =D

anyway i also get my heels yesterday. If u gals don't wanna customise it can get from sinderella.

Hope it helps u gals =)

shannat

crsytal: hmmmm i nvr pay 50%... both my PG n VG i pay abt 20-30% deposit. they will hv a B&W invoice for u..
happy.gif

evelyn: thanks for sharing!! i might go down this sat to take a look. wahahah i hope the beds i want hv the $600 off!!! :D

preciousgal

sorry anyone knows the robinson sales does it includes cosmetics?

i pass by just now and saw GST absorbed but duno does it include cosmetics?