(2012/10) OCT 2012 BTB

liquidzza

Hihi babes! are there any Oct 2012 brides here?

thought we can start a mini forum here to share our progress and help one another in our wedding preparations!!!

my ad is 14.10.12, (after changing it from 11.11.12 to 30.12.12 to this date as the banquets I've shortlisted are all taken). Hee..guess all is fated la! I will be holding my solemnization on the same day and most likely gonna sign up with Marina Mandarin Vanda ballroom as I only have about 25 tables.

Shortlisting
PG VG - Moomedia for PG and VG
BS - Dang/ Amanda Lee/ Le Grand/ Jawn happily ever after/ Bridal Veil

I am also looking for theme/ color ideas, decor designer and photobooth vendors. So many to be done! How about you gals? ^_^

Hi liquidzza! I'm an Oct 2012 btb too. My AD is just a day before yours.
happy.gif

I've not confirmed anything for my wedding yet. Still sourcing for venue. Have shortlisted Pan Pac, Marina Mandarin and Swissotel Merchant Court. I'm doing a wedding lunch though. Meeting the hotel coordinators this week and most probably will be placing my deposit with either one next week. I'm doing a wedding lunch though.

Agree that it has a lot to be done..I don't even have the mood to work. Just feel like spending all my time doing research. Haha!

zsw

Hi Hi!

I am Oct 2012 BTB too. =) AD is 6 Oct.

So far booked Carlton Hotel already.

BS - La Belle Couture
PG - Not sure someone my HTB knows cos he's a PG himself. Or the La Belle's PG.

Planning our ROM this year cos our flat is ready by end of this year.

Not sure what should I be busy with though. Haha...

liquidzza

hi shannie and shi wan! *waves*

hee, excited to hear that we are the OCT brides!

Shannie, I have a few friends booking pan pac and the ballroom is nice! Mandarin Marina's package is good but i have to compromise with their low ceiling. I think Mandarin Oriental is very nice for their ballroom and food especially! Faster book ur banquet once you decide. dates are running out fast!

Shiwan, wah, since ur bf is a pg, does he have higher std of the pg, or friends whom you all can trust to take nice shots?? so you are getting your rom dress from La Belle i suppose? so good that your flat is ready!i bidded for a Punggol bto this year, and TOP is 2016...faintz!!!

Yea, I'm meeting Pan Pac's catering manager this Sunday for a pre-contractual discussion. Most likely will sign up with them. I'm taking the ocean ballroom, so I have to compromise with the low ceiling too.

Actually, I still can't decide if I want Pan Pac or MM. I prefer MM ballroom and the reception area, but everything else Pan Pac!
sad.gif

zsw

Hi liquidzza,

Yup actually why we chose la belle was cos their photos were really well taken and unique. And their gowns suit my style too. He has really high expectations for these. So we are considering getting a free lance wedding pg instead.

And we were really lucky cos we got our flat thru sales of balance last year. That's why it's ready by this year. Which bto you got? Don't worry. It will be faster by at least a year.

zsw

Hi shannie, we wanted mm at the beginning. But I didn't like the low ceiling. Cos both of us are leo. We thought mm Leo ballroom like meaningful. After checking out and realizing the ceiling is low, we forgo it.

But I personally think pan PAC food better than mm. Oriental food also not too bad. Their circle ballroom also quite nice.

Yep, I love Oriental. I'm doing a lunch banquet, and theirs' a 7-course lunch. If I wanna top up for another course, it will be above my budget.

I've decided on Pan Pac, hope they won't disappoint me.

My flat will be ready somewhere around mid 2014.. mine's the Oct 2010 BTO. And now the area still not fenced up yet.. OMG.

zsw

The seng kang one? So long haven fence? But 2014 ready should b quite fast. Compared to liquidzza who said hers ready in 2016.

Booked my lunch banquet with Pan Pac! 1 big item off the list.

I'm looking for personalised favours.. do you girls have any to recommend?
happy.gif

zsw

I'm thinking of doing the sticky sweets. Personalized with our names.
Haven't thought of others though.
Are you both doing your ROM on same day?

Yea, I'm now looking for personalised favours as I opt out for favours provided by the hotel. Don't know if it's still early.. Haha.

I'm doing my solemnization and tea ceremony at the hotel's function room before my lunch banquet. It's gonna be a real rush man!

zsw

oh wow... that's alot to happen in a morning.
i have to do my rom this year due to collection of keys. now i don't know which is my actual anniversary that i should follow? ROM or AD date... haha

liquidzza

hi shiwan, mine is punggol topaz!yeah finally received news that our appeal to get it is approved!!!but TOP is 2016!faintz....hmmm ROM sounds more like the actual married date to me la?but can celebrate both!hheheheh

shannie, congrats! so what did u manage to trade off to take our the wedding favour? since u are haing tea n solemnization in hotel it shdnt be too rush? but will there be any gate-crashing?

liquidzza, we traded for 10 bottles of wine. Not alot, but sigh, I'm not good at negotiating.
sad.gif

Yea, we plan to do gate crash at my place and hope to reach hotel before 9.30am. I'm having my solemnization before lunch, if it's very rush then i'll probably do tea ceremony after lunch.

I'm quite curious what did you appealed? I seldom hear HDB approving appeals..you are lucky!
happy.gif

zsw

hi liquidzza, we will be rather close neighbours. im at sapphire. right in front of topaz... =)
Shannie, that's not too bad. hopefully i can do that too. if not my guests all alcoholic sure drink alot.

thanks both for the advice. heard my friends telling me that too. guess that will be our anniversary then. =)

dreayh

Shi Wan! I just signed up with La Belle too! My AD is also on the 6th, not confirmed yet though. Still looking for a church
happy.gif
who's your coordinator and mua?
happy.gif

zsw

Hi Andrea!
What a coincidence..!! How did you come to know abt La Belle?
My coordinator is Candy. I requested for her to be my MUA too but she say she has to confirm later if she can. but most prob is ok.
so you ROM and AD same day?

dreayh

I read good reviews about La Belle here, also I saw a dress from them on HerWorld Brides that I like. Candy also attended to me
happy.gif

NOt sure about ROM because HTB is Indonesian, so we gotta check if its necessary to ROM here because we will legally register our marriage in Indo. I read that there is no need to legally register twice.
Anyways, when's your gown selection? Are you excited? Have you talked to any other La Belle people? Hope they are just as nice as candy, I dont really like the short haired lady abit plump who sits behind the counter most of the time. Haha.

meiqi28

Hi hi..

I am Oct 2012 BTB too.. 7 Oct (Solemnization & AD)

Booked One Degree 15 Marine Club for my dinner banquet. Solemnization venue still undecided at the club cos there are a few places to choose from.

BS - Digio
PG - Still finding...

=)

dreayh

oh forgot to intro..

Oct 2012 BTB, AD most likely 6 Oct

BS: signed with La Belle
PG: still looking, most likely 39East
VG: still looking...

Will only be having a church ceremony followed by buffet lunch reception
happy.gif

zsw

Hi Andrea, nope I met candy 3 times before we signed up with her. Cos first 2 times not ready to sign yet. We signed with them cos of the photos and gowns. Esp the photos.
Candy said AD gowns around next year April then choose.
For ROM gowns, around sep.

Hi mei Qi, nice to meet you!

Today we just bought our wedding bands from Goldheart. Not very cheap but cos it's celestial diamonds and really unique.
happy.gif
one more step closer.

meiqi28

Hi Shi Wan, which celestial pair u bot? We also aiming at one pair from celestial range, unique but not cheap also.. Mayb we eyed d same?? ;) heeeheee

liquidzza

hello andrea and meiqi~!!!welcome to oct 2012 btb!

shiwan, we appealed coz our income to hdb exceeded the limit. anyway, sapphire will be ready so much earlier than mine! me n bf will be staying at his mum's place after we get married nxt yr. his parents moved to stay with his sister to help her look after kids, so at least we have our own space before topaz comes (think earliest also 2015 since TOP is 2016) so long right! thought hdb builds houses like lego blocks, dunno y take so long!

shannie, wah i think i dun have budget for personalised favors already. initially want invitation card n favors to be personalized. what is your theme? if you have one, then probably can give something along the theme?

now i am thinking of getting ala-carte BS PG VG, so its above my budget already. thinking of taking moomedia. recently met with kelvin, quite impress with their works but their price kept me from signing up on the spot. thought i should look for BS now 1st in case i find one that links with PG i like.

Moomedia cost
Pre-wed $4200
Full day studio/ Outdoor
30 pg in suede album
1 framed collage (24x12)
1 cd seleced high res (85 images)

AD PG VG $5600
10 hour photo & video service
1 DVD of wedding summary (10min)
1 photo CD of wedding (300 seleced)
1 leather album (300 slot-in)
(They have a promo for AD package - minus $100 off every month book in advance) means if i book before oct this year, i can save $1200.

but total cost of PG and VG cost $8600. do you guys think its worth it?

BS i havent book appt for fitting, friend recently recommended me jawn happy ever after. im interested in dang, silhouette, kai bridal.

also thought of engaging decor&design on banquet, candy bar, and still thinking about instant photo booth. but bf thinks photobooth is a waste of money.

and for the guestbook, still thinking of how to do it. thought instant print/ polaroid pictures taken on the spot with guest wishes are nice but dunno how to collate them all. hmmm, alot brides are doing wishing trees now. but the problem is if you dont keep the tree, keeping the notes in a box doesnt look as nice hor.

all $$$$$$$$$$....lol

liquidzza

2012 BTB updates

DATE BTB VENUE/ BS/ PG & VG
6OCT Andrea Church/ Labelle/ 39 East
6OCT Shiwan Carlton
7OCT Meiqi One Degree/ Labelle
13OCT Shannie Pan Pac
14OCT Liquidzza MM

just collate our info & dates here since only 5 of us. in 2012 BTB, they have the full list of BTBs. =)

liquidzza

shannie, so your plan is groom to fetch you from your house, gatecrash then go hotel for tea ceremony and solemnization? i think its great! should be fine if you start early =)

i also thought of doing tea ceremony at hotel, (looks nicer for pictures, no need to run so many places, to grooms place then back home again. but dunno if my parents will be ok with it) the most headache part is mine is a dinner. if i start the gatecrash in morning then tea in hotel after that, i dunno how to accomodate the relatives who come for tea ceremony at the hotel until dinner time. so many hours, and i will be out for photoshoot with jiemeis...

meiqi28

liquidzza, my BS is digio, not Labelle.. heee..

M also finding ala-carte PG & VG.. actually quite headache, got to meet up with them n compare their artwork. $$ is also another issue. I only budgeted S$6.5k for my pre-wed, AD PG & VG. Think tat is the max i will go..

liquidzza, tink u can go rackee ur BS b4 signing up ur pkg with Moomedia. If i din rem wrongly, Silhouette tied up with Chris Ling. They do hav promotion once a while. I went there once to rackee, a lady was v nice to me told me to only sign up when they hav promotion. Go n check it out first...

dreayh

liquidzza: yes i also think you should find a BS that has good pre-wed photo collections...some are actually quite good. Then just spend on AD photography with a good company. Are you gonna get a videographer as well? I"m also planning to do a short tea ceremony in church as part of the program...

Meiqi: any AD PG & VG you've shortlisted?

Do you girls know of any nice churches, good location and are open to outside users? Thanks!

meiqi28

actually currently im looking for pre-wed, AD PG & VG.. Preferably some1 same for my pre-wed and AD photography lo..

I met up with 3 freelancer photographers. Actually its my HTB that is picky in this area. He dun quite like those posed posed shots.. He like those more personal, bubbly shots. So still finding lo.. haiz... VG not yet start my search yet.

dreayh

meiqi: haha, my HTB also said the same thing about pre-wed shoots, he wants more outdoor ones and less studio,posed ones. YOu signed with di-gio already? do they have AD photographers that you can use? I'm gonna meet 39east this wednesday...for VG I quite like Ichirofilms.

Wow! This thread is moving fast! Hehe.

Welcome Andrea & Meiqi!

Oh no, I realised I'm very slow. I haven't start looking for BS and PG/VG yet. I thought of going ala-carte too. I like The Wedding Present & Silhouette for their ball gown. But I haven't enquire on their packages yet.

Liquidzza, 8.6k is pretty expensive but if you really really like
their photography style, I would say go ahead if you can afford. It's once in a lifetime!

My budget is ard 7.5k for pre-wed, AD PG & VG. I like lightedpixels but they are way out of my budget. I need a VG who can rush out the morning highlights for me, so I'm left with very few choices since I'm doing lunch.

And now i have a very big headache, my bf's relatives aren't comfortable with wedding lunch banquet. Which means, I might have to scout for venue to hold dinner and forgo my deposit paid to Pan Pac. Sighhhhh
sad.gif

meiqi28

Andrea: yup, i signed with digio already. i quite like their gowns n i can choose all d range of gowns they have w/o topping up. I went to Silhouette b4 digio. For sum range of gowns (etc full lace, ball gowns), they require additional top up.

Shannie: y ur HTB's relatives not comfortable abt the lunch banquet? relatives as in close relatives? Wad abt ur HTB's parents or grandparents? i thot nowadays alot of pple are adapting to the lunch banquet. Cannot nego to make it a dinner in PP?

meiqi28

Andrea: forgot to ans u, i din see digio AD photographer cos im having my solemnization on the same day. I hope to capture that impt moments with a photographer that we like his style. But i tink using digio photographer will definitely be cheaper than outside. heehee
happy.gif

zsw

Hi all. So many posts to reply to at a go. Hahah...
Firstly mei Qi you can try la belle. Their pre wed shots are good. My htb also v particular.

And I'm surprised at all of your budgets! My package including rom gown, pre wed shoots and ad gowns and all only $3588. Only exclude ad pg. But going ala carte is so ex!

Liquidzza, you are lucky you still can stay at somewhere with own privacy. We balloted since 2009 dec and on a way lucky we didn't get any. Only gt the sale of balance. If not we married don't know where to stay. Father in law very traditional can't stay at my place cos like ru Zui. But his place no room cos he share with his bro.

dreayh

shannie: yes, i emailed lightedpixels and waaaayyy out of my budget! I emailed Wedding Present last year...do you wanna see their reply on their packages? They might have increased their prices as with all BS. Ala-carte will be quite expensive!! But if you can afford it, then why not?
happy.gif

meiqi: you can try 39east and tinydot...i think they're quite good too and they're also featured in HerWorld brides..
happy.gif

i'm still looking for a church venue sigh...hopefully it works out for the date i want, otherwise might have to change. bleh.

Meiqi, my bf's paternal grandparents and aunties were grumbling that lunch banquet will be very rush. Mine's a saturday lunch, they say some guests may not be able to attend etc... Sigh. Actually, my parents were quite unhappy initially, but they let us decide since it's our wedding. Difficult to please everyone. Shall see how it goes. I'm not sure if dinner at pan pac is still available, but I find their dinner packages quite expensive, I rather go elsewhere. =X

Btw, I read that you signed up with digio but looking for a pre-wed PG? Digio actually allow you to take their gowns out for PS?

dreayh

shannie: emailed! They only replied with the MTM package, I"m not sure if they have OTR package. Hope that helps
happy.gif

meiqi28

Yea, my pkg with Digio allows me to take out 2 gowns for my photoshoot. Cos i upfront alr told them tat im only interested in taking d gowns pkg, not taking photos with them.

Shannie, then how much deposit u gg to forgo? Or plan to sell it away.. Wedding is really not abt d 2 person but 2 families, gt to take into consideration so many pple thinking n feelings.

Envy u gers gt a hse of ur own. Me shld b staying with in-laws first cos HTB too picky on locations. We staying in d west n to him, punggol n Sengkang too far. He hopes to stay near our parents. So our wait of getting a hse continues....
sad.gif

zsw

Mei qi, There's quite a number of bto around the west too right? But cos they are semi mature estates, mostly won't be near any major transport lines.

Lucky my htb doesn't mind living far frm his parents. Cos I told him I won't stay in the north or west. Haha.

meiqi28

Bto will be ard areas like bt panjang or far inside Jurong west areas, which he feels far also. haiz...

liquidzza

Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
2012 BTB updates

DATE BTB VENUE/ BS/ PG & VG
6OCT Andrea Church/ Labelle/ 39 East
6OCT Shiwan Carlton
7OCT Meiqi One Degree/ Digio
13OCT Shannie Pan Pac

corrected meiqi. thanks for pointing out!
ya i have never expected wedding to be so ex! dont want to burst my budget, but at the same time feel like wanting the best! argh....
14OCT Liquidzza MM

liquidzza

shannie how much did u pay for your deposit? if forfeit the money like very wasted leh? maybe you can check if the dinner at pan pac is available, reserve your date first just in case. then discuss with your bf and make a final decision, to continue the lunch or change to dinner.
i think to forfeit your downpayment and scouting another place might not be easy.

Andrea, ya i emailed lightedpixels and 36 frames. they are way out of budget! but the photos they took look so nice hor...
kelly, i have a friend who sign with feline last year when photographer was Leslie. his works are good but he left already. maybe you should search the bridal boutique forum about feline.

dreayh

haha liquidzza, you're so cute doing the spreadsheet.

I"M meeting a photographer from 39east today...hope to check off another thing off the list!