(2012/08) AUG 2012 BTB

blurrygal27

Hi moodyliser, preparation so far still ok but montage have not done yet. JP, invitation cards, favours, GDL, an chuang will be done in the next few weeks/months already.
for JP my bf already have someone in mind cos is also his bro JP, but hopefully he will be free on that day. maybe u can ask around ur married frens for JP and have a few names just in case they are not free.
True too, my frens asking aug not 7th month meh.. but is 2 weeks before 7th month, so preparation wise is not restricted cos of tradition.

Hi Kitty_Pretty_Angel, dont stress yourself so much if not when the time comes u more kan cheong. try to go thru ur checklist to see wat u have missed out.

ahcherc

hi kitty_pretty angel, i can't find you on fb.. can u try my email again or send me a msg.

Wow so excited, 4 more months and looks like so many things to do and i have not started yet..

Picking up the mood after photogrpahy i think, next fri will be my bridal shots. So happy.

Now i am thinking of what manicure and pedicure should i do. Haha!

Hi Cher,

i dropped u an email last wk..mayb is under ur junk folder. pls check..anyway i hv juz email u.
wow in feb when i went for my indoor PS i did my nails red:p this sat mayb i will b doing glitter for my twn PS. Everyday i am doing mask so as to Mei mei take pics:p

today we went to T-dragon to choose the invitation card design... shall collect them after my twn trip
happy.gif

moodyliser

kitty, you are so fast in Invitation card selection. Printed?
Btw have a great fun in taiwan.
My frz recommend to go to JP, near Taman Sentosa there to get GDL stuffs

Cher, same - i couldn't located kitty in FB too.
Mani and Pedi, i will go to Centrepoint Nail Palette. The pple are really good and rates are reasonable.
Cher same to you, have a great fun in your bridal shoots.

Blurry, i asked a few JPs. they have standard reply - to advise again closer to the date , max 3 months.

4 months to go!!

Hi again everyone! Is there a way to subscribe to the thread so I won't miss out on new posts? 0.o

Anyway, I did my pre-wedding shoot mid last month, took 2 weeks of breather, now gearing up for AD preps again
happy.gif
Am now looking for wedding bands, invitation cards & wedding favors. Any recommendations?

My theme is "Enchanted". Can you girls share what comes to your mind with this theme? In terms of decoration, invitation card, wedding favors etc?
happy.gif

hi cher and moodyliser,

did u try to add me using ip? coz my ex coll told me that she was using ip to add me but cant find me and she had to use hse computer to add me. Moody i had PM u my fb name n email add. would u pls add me
happy.gif

for cher i can find u on fb but ur page dont have add as friend button for me to click..wonder hw to solve sia :p Anyway i juz adjusted some of the settings liao so u shd b able to find me le ba.
Moody Taman Sentosa u know of the name? coz i went JB other parts and realised that not everything is cheaper than SG. I juz choose the design and mayb i will look for my own printer to print as they quoted like v ex. Moody for the mani and pedi the one u r saying at centrept u gng to do for ur AD? coz i asked most of the shops in SG they quoted me like over 100 to 200dollars for bridal nails arts if i wan to do wif gelish too.

moodyliser

Purple gal,
Which hotel you booked? so that i can go there have a look of the theme and give advise accordingly.
but it sound fairy tale
DId your banquet private invitation card design? usually they do. some banquets give standard design and some wide range. Do check out with them

For wedding band, ay design u looking at? usually standard is go Love and Co.

Kitty
I went to taman sentosa today. and got the contact
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coupe-De-Marriage-浪漫满屋/217483564979803
the price are cheaper than singapore (same rate in SG but in MYR)

I did my nail stylish in nail palette $28 for gel color, and addition $15 for bling. simple and long lasting (1 month!).

Hi moodyliser, my venue is at One Degree 15 in Sentosa Cove. It will be held in a 3-storey glass building. Yeap, you are right. It will be quite a magical, fairytale feeling, but not so specific such as "Cinderella", "Alice in Wonderland" kind
happy.gif
That's why I wanna ask you girls what comes to your mind when you hear the word "Enchanted", so I know what I am preparing meets what my guests might be expecting ;)

The venue does not provide wedding invitation cards. I am now sourcing for a card supplier and printer that can design something relevant to my theme. Might go JB one of these days to check out T&T as recommended in forums.

For wedding bands, we have been to a few places to view. Are inclined towards designs that have a mixture of rose gold and white gold. I am undecided on whether I want a single stud diamond or a half-row type :D My hubby doesn't need too bling bling ring, but he wants one that is not so slim.

moodyliser

HI purple,

Mixture of rose gold and white gold can be found in Love and Co, Lee Hwa, Gold Heart. they have many variety - with/without diamond stud or solid bands. for ladies can get dual ring where one ring is rose and the other is white gold. Some have row of diamond on one of the ring. If you are looking at rings that would match your engagement ring. Just get a simple single half row of diamond on white gold. then guys is more flexible.

Invitation Cards: Saw many Cards shop at top floor of City square for your reference. Mine invitation card shop is American Wedding Treasure in singpaore, haven't got a chance to talk to them. Check out on Singapore Brides forum. Lots of recommendation

Theme: Enchanting - Silver, white and bling

Hey all, do you think it is a good idea to do wedding magnet invitation rather than cards? Am considering that for friends and colleagues. Relatives think still stick to cards, cos of the space needed for the wordings -_-"

moodyliser

Hi purple, i saw another adv for invitation cards
www.focal-ad.com

Personally i think wedding card is better than magnet as i need 2 languages. Most pple may not keep the magnet and end up in trash bin which will be same fate with wedding card. then wedding card will be cheaper than magnet.

Hi again all, need your opinions again... I don't want to wear a kua for the tea ceremony and am planning to get a cheongsam. Any idea whether the cheongsam must be red? And is it better to get a long cheongsam rather than a short one?

P.S. Both our immediate families are not very superstitious, die die must follow customs type. But just want to check out the "norms" cos all relatives will be there, don't want them to say this say that :p

moodyliser

Hi purplegalz,
Kua and Cheong Sum are OPTIONS as tea dress. There are pple wearing short dress for tea ceremony.
there are no rules for cheongsum. Just get what you want.
Most important, the overall design must fit you beautifully - be it long or short; red or black or white; lacy or batik
I got purple!
happy.gif

We have seen n chosen our local n overseas ps pictures n great!!! But we hv to wait for another 2 mths for my album to b ready... Tats too long le ba.

ahcherc

hi kitty pretty angel, 2 months? how come so long? I gg to choose my pic tml, so looking forward. I haven't choose my soleminser yet.

Ya my bf will push them to finish by next mth. Next impt tasks for us nw is start to put inserts into our cards, look for bedframe n finalize my ad eg n rom dress etc

Hi all, I have invited Dr Phua to be my solemnizer, but he is only available at 5pm or 7pm instead of the 6pm I planned for, so I am working out my schedule again... Just want to ask, how long does the ROM take? Dr Phua mentioned 20 mins. Is that the norm i.e. not too rushed nor too draggy?

moodyliser

hi kitty,
though i asked him eailer this year, he didn't want to commit. recent i called him, and he say he only free at 5pm and need to be go at 523pm. so where is your venue, if i took up, i am sure he will be late for your venue. Anyway i reject him, why need to rush!? and i don't wan the even to be too early.

HI purple, 20 mins is good if he is chop chop and has next appointment

hello,

juz collected our inserts and need to sit down to insert them n write guest names on the cards..

check wif u all huh..do u give tasks like tieing of strings/ribbons to the invitation cards, write guests names, arrange guest seating etc to your jiemeis?

also other than gatecrushing the hongbaos to b shared by them. do u think i will need to bao hongbaos to them if my parents r not gng to give??

moodyliser

hi kitty,
That's great. My invitation card is delay for one month - mid may to mid june
sad.gif
some more not guarantee.
Usually invitation card (include tight ribbon, and writing) and guest seating arrangement is done by you. On AD, you just need let your jiemei who is receptionist to know how seating are arrange.

You need to arrange angbao for the kids who visited you and your hubby houses and that are not married, to give them during AD.
I heard is abt $4 or $6.
For jiemei, just the gatecrashing angbao will do, they will share among them (split money)

ic...my dowry set and some of the GDL things has bot liao..AC and GDL timings has been picked by my FSM. nw is shopping for bedframe, dressing table, sdj, parents and jiemei gowns n suit trying, montage preparation and waiting for my PS album...hows urs??

moodyliser

Hi kitty...
i still haven't do my mattress purchase, GDL stuff , JM fitting and album. Though i have done my PS last yr i still haven't give green light to my layout. Montage, i done last yr then ban tu er fei. hope everything goes well at your side

Hi Blurry. Thanks for your information. How's your preparation?

tks moodyliser... yeah one more thing done which is we found storage bed frame
now we have to think of what colour to paint at our future room in my in law hse and curtain colours.
GDL things still need to buy those grains more stickers etc.

blurrygal27

welcome moodyliser.. i've just collected my invitation cards and inserts. time to do homework soon.
bed bought with storage too. left GDL and an chuang stuff yet to buy. montage still in progress. waiting for wedding album by july ready.. jiemei/xiongdi attire still trying to find acessories to match.
think there will be a few of small stuff tat we might miss out.. omg.. getting excited soon.. but still big headache on the guest list.

ahcherc

so many things to do yet so little time.. I havent start on GDL stuffs, food tasting, invitation printed, haven't collect.. argh, i getting gan jiong!!

soulity

totally agree with cher chong. looking thru the thread, seems like most of ya have done quite a fair bit. i seriously need to work on my preparation work.. feeling excited for all of us =)

shoppixe

Any brides looking to buy Bengawan Solo Wedding Cake voucher? The $7.80 one (choice of marble/choc/walnut)
Looking share with me as there is a > $200 got 10% discount. I am getting only 13 vouchers.
Will pay for postage at no additional cost as I am saving 10% anyways.
Pls email me at [email protected]

moodyliser

i am getting from Ghim Thye for Wedding Cake :

Iris and shoppixe, nice meeting you . are you 4 aug brides?

i just got my basic GDL stuff from malaysia. Total spent is Rm132. But got my bed lamp in Ikea - more practical and nice (just stick xixi word on it)

blurrygal27

hi moodyliser, for ur GDL, those dowry like baby tub, sewing kit, clogs isit a must to have?

what is ur basic GDL stuff list?

moodyliser

Hi blurry,
Clogs: got the mini magnet
Sewing Kit: I didn't get.
Baby Tub Set: I get. Seem it is essential.
What i get: ruler, orange syrup (fairprice having promotion until end of june), bed side lamps (i got from ikea), tea set for groom side, towels-toothpaste-toothbrush sets, shampoo, conditioner.

Your buy to keep: Red Umberalla, 2 fans, round comb (if you practise)

i didn't buy bowl-chopsticks set, pyjmas, slippers, sewing kit, tumbler

blurrygal27

hi moodyliser,
icic.. my parents already agreed on wat to get so will just follow ba.. But for the lamp u bought at ikea, is normal white colour right?
btw, any place to recommend for nice bridal nails?

yup i am also looking for places to do bridal nails...any suggestions?

hahah i wish it to be over real soon...then can go back to normal life that we dont have to keep track if we have done this or that. then we can plan for reno designs for our new home
happy.gif

moodyliser

@ blurrygal27 : i got the white one but paste a XIXI sticker on it. The xixi sticker is very powerful. Can paste anything and valid for wedding lol . Now Ikea on sales, got a red lamp selling $9.90.

@ Cher... feel tire!

@kitty i still have to wait until 2015 for my new house
sad.gif

blurrygal27

moodyliser - icic.. yea very powerful sticker, just stick everywhere.. hehe.. i just setteled my GDL ytd. lucky everything went smoothly. now preparing other things for the big day. 12 days to go.. excited and very tired. cant wait to rest after wedding. where u apply for bto? mine also 2015 ready at yishun.