(2011) ROM in 2011

min_min_87

Hi Love(loveforever) I saw someone I know in uni engaged him.. so I asked her over Facebook just the other day. She said he is very accomodating and pleasant,and can talk to easily. In the end her parents like the PG and assistant so much that her parents gave him a $200 ang pow on top of what she paid him. She got the edited pictures in ard 3weeks from her ROM and said it was nicely packaged and designed so she was satisfied.

For me, cos I got a lot of aunts and aunties and a PG who can talk to ppl is better than one who just stand around and shoot but keep quiet the whole time?
happy.gif

julia85

love> yup i'm having mine at CVH...
have booked my BS & PG alrdy..
BS is the aisle.. PG is daniel ho =)

min_min_87

Hi love(loverforever),

I signed up with him for my AD actually.. have got a package from him. Cos i cant decide whether to hold my ROM separately or with my AD.. if it is separate, will get him to do my ROM too.. am quite tempted to go Bali on prewedding shoot with them this June. They are having a good promo for prewedding in Bali at local prewedding price for it will be done during one of the days when they are already in Bali as part of their holidays.. This is really attractive for I dont have to pay for their airtickets or hotel accommodation..

But my htb says cant get leave in June >.<

Why not you just email them and see how they are? I find them very attentive towards me and my htb expectations
happy.gif

loveforever

hi julia, thanks for your reply.

hi min_min_87, i'll having my ROM and AD separately, at the moment has confirmed my ROM but haven't decide my AD yet. I have enquiry with him so far and haven't decide yet due to my bf is still considering. U have signed with him, that's mean you meet him already. Well, I'll let them know by next week.
Wow, u also sign prewedding in Bali with him, so all included already? I mean gown, makeup, hair do and photos? So u only need to pay additional air ticket and hotel for u and ur hubby right?
I'll email them to ask their Bali prewedding package price. But June is too near for me, think we will have our prewedding around early next year. But if your htb can't get leave, so how u go? Btw when is ur AD exactly? U just mentioned it in 2012.

min_min_87

Hi loveforever!

we havent decide on whether we sld have ROM and AD separate... Might want to save some $ and do ROM on the date of my AD. my AD is on 20th Sep, is a weekday. This is to keep the banquet price low, the price difference of one table for weekend and weekday is $300-$400 so we decided to just do it on a date special to both of us.
happy.gif

Yeah we met him up, he was together with his partner, they are a couple actually! find them very easy going and willing to listen to our ideas..

I didnt sign up prewedding in Bali with them,they only shared with us but I am super tempted la.. their package is only for photography.. gown and makeup not included. They do have an option for local Balinese MUA.. not too expensive either.. I am going to MTM my own gown, always dreamt of the design of my gown so I want to have my dreams realised on my wedding so gown is not an issue for me.

You have enquired from them too? How do you find them? it would be nice to engage same PG!
happy.gif

loveforever

Hi min_min_87,

thanks for your kind reply.

Wow, ur AD is on 20 sep 2012, but u have already booked your banquet and photographer? That's so fast. Right now I just focus on my ROM and haven't decide anything for my AD.

Haha.. Bali seem a nice place for PS. It's kind of romantic having PS there. I'm still in the middle in negotiating the price with them coz our budget is limited for PG. So we haven't decide yet, will let you know again once we have made the decision.
happy.gif

I found them from weddingforum. They have posted some ad there and suddenly see you also recommend the same PG. That's why I ask for your opinion about this.

min_min_87

Hi Loveforever,

actually I just settle what ever that I am interested in first.. the rest not too interested so havent start on it.. haha cos take pictures the bride is the highlight ma so I got more personal interest in it.. and banquet cause I love to eat :p

Bali is near so I dont mind going on airasia or jetstar when there is air ticket promo, then it will be very affordable le, esp plan in advance :p

I heard about weddingforum.. but prefer singaporebrides...no time to check so many forum!

loveforever

Hi min_min_87,

ic.... you're right. i'm only settled hotel for my ROM and next is going to settle my PG, after that can start looking for BS.

yeah, sometimes i'm free i'll go around to read what's other brides are preparing so we will know what else to prepare.

revlis

hi min min..

my AD also on a weekday next yr, u book your banquet already? where you book? i still sourcing for banquet hee
settle my rom aleady, rom this yr sept on singapore flyer, but havent settle my bridal package as tot of using bridal package for my rom.

can share how much u pay for your AD photographer? as i haven't decide on my AD PG/VG yet.

for my rom, i engaged rebirth, a bit steep for 3hrs but i love their photos. so bf give in hee
happy.gif

min_min_87

Hi Xrevlis,

I havent really confirm book my banquet, just soft book cos hotel says it is more than a year away, since is on a thursday so I can make the final confirmation like closer to end of this year
happy.gif

For my AD Photographer, I am going for In Celebration of Love by Hendra R. I like his causal couple photos a lot so I signed up with him for my AD on an impulse when I saw someone I know back in school engaged him
happy.gif

I paid 50% deposit for the package.. I just post it here la, lazy to PM

In Celebration of Love Wedding Day Photography by Hendra R at $1880.

Features:
1-2 consultation sessions to understand your expectations and needs

10 hours wedding photography service by main photographer Hendra R.

A photographer's assistant

Unlimited exposure of pictures
300 beautifully edited and enhanced pictures

Customized DVD with specially designed custom-made fabric packaging – consists of all the photographs in high resolution

A High Quality Coffee Table Album: 8.5″ x11.5″ style album (40 pages)

On top of this, Hendra gave me a free Secondary Photographer worth $250 for I was his second couple to sign up with him for his wedding package. :p so that means I will have 3 photographers on the day. 1 at my htb side, 2 at my side, to ensure that everything is captured!
happy.gif

He also mentioned about a 3 mins Photo Montage from $150 but htb says will attempt to do it ourselves. If cant do by end of this year, will let them do for us!
happy.gif

By the way, he told me he will be registered by this April, so if u are interested, better confirm with him quick, most of the registered full time PG are more expensive compared to when they are freelancing. ( I am not too sure if he will increase his price la) :p

Here is their page

http://www.facebook.com/hendrar.photography

loveforever: I also love to read what other brides post.. a lot of things to learn.
happy.gif
Let me know when u choose your PG! Then we can see if we get the same perks! :p

revlis

hi min min

thks for the info, mind sharing which hotel u book and how much per table? hee my AD in dec 2012, won't clash with ur
happy.gif

i deciding between hotel or restaurant in a hotel, wanna go see the places first before making a booking.

hmm u dun have videographer for AD? don't plan to engage?

min_min_87

Hello all,

I saw this all deal.com.sg. Might be an option for ROM with 30 pax.. small catering function
happy.gif

50% off on Catering by Amici Authentic Italian Catering Services for Personal Function/Office Function/Wedding/Birthday/Any Event! Only $12.50 for a $25 Catering Cash Voucher

Food is fantastic, eaten there before. ANd with the 50%, is a steal
happy.gif

Xrevlis, is Marina Mandrian, last I enquire is $988 nett per table.
happy.gif

I havent got my VG, for I am doing ala carte so I prefer to shop around a little longer
happy.gif

cupcakescream

Hi Regina,

I did just the ROM without AD. It's not awkward at all. What's most impt is that you have your loved ones sharing the special day with you.

summer0723

Hi AL and Cupcakes&amp;Cream,

Yes. I am still considering. Will see what my fiance say. Because my AD will be 2013 and my ROM this year. There is a gap of about 2 years.

AL, where are you holding? Yes. It could amount close to 8 9 K...

animelover

Regina: I'm doing it at Hai Tien Lo, about 5-8 tables. The menus are not cheap but since it's mainly for the elders, I dun mind paying a little more for better food. The bill could come up to $13-14k.

min_min_87

Hi Loveforever!

so you confirmed with hendrar.photography? they are nice ppl right? haha, but my wedding is still more than one year away..

how's the prep coming along? have you gotten ur JP?

babyten

Wedding shoes for sales, size 7,3.5", only wear once at wedding lunch. In excellent condition and come with the shoes comforter (never wear b4) and shoes box.

If you are keen please email: [email protected] or text me 8432 0855.

Retail Price $96.90 - Sell at discount price now!
1697053.jpg

loveforever

Hi Min Min,
I haven't meet them yet la.. Will let you know again. Until today, only confirmed my hotel and photography. Will look for BS in this 1 mth. For the JP and others, will let my bf settle it. Haha...

estella_23

Hi Regina,

i am skipping wedding dinner too...and my solemnization is a very private small affair too. I think what most important is we can be happy married forever. hee need $ for renovation &amp; our overseas pre-wed shoot too.

Hey AL, Hai Tien Lo is our fave place too...love the food and atmosphere. almost wanted to go there for our solemnization too as i gotta their quotes. But in the end, we choose elsewhere
happy.gif

loveforever

Hi Min Min,
I forgot to update you, I have met Hendrar photographer in Apr, they are nice and we have signed the contract. I have also confirmed my BS but they said the transport for MUA I have to paid it myself to the MUA.
Any update from you?

min_min_87

Hello! Didnt see you in the forum for some time.
I stopped my prep for the wedding.. a bit caught up with work and attending rallies at night
happy.gif

really u signed up with Hendra R. too? Which BS you using? I am not going to go for BS for ROM ba.. i think will be too ex.. cos I only need a simple dress.. so your MUA is from the BS? How much is ur package and what is included?
happy.gif

loveforever

Hi Min Min,

Yeah. See how their work and will update you again.

I signed with Cangai for their ROM package which include ROM dress, makeup and hairdo, hand bouquet. I like their dress so much while I visited them few times ago. It's 500.

confettis

Hi all! I'm going to hold my rom on 11 Dec.
happy.gif
going to hold a dinner party after the ceremony as well. Still feeling a little undecided on whether I wan to have a wedding banquet next year or sth. Any advice from the girls here?
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi Regina! I'm also considering just doing the rom! But I understand you'll definitely have concerns esp when it comes to relatives?

Hi loveforever! Were you on the wedding forum site also? I sort of remember replying to you on the cangai thread there.
happy.gif
are u getting a short gown from cangai? I haven't really seen their rom gowns yet.

min_min_87

confettis: what do you mean by a dinner party? sounds fun! will ur dinner party replace the trad banquet? or is it more of for the younger generation?

confettis

Hi min_min_87, we're thinking of holding a dinner that's more western influenced. Things like long tables, toasts, live band and dancing. Pretty much like how western weddings would go. So definitely it's more for the younger generation!
happy.gif
Most of the guests would be our friends and our immediate family members.

So by right we should have a wedding banquet for the relatives perhaps next or following year? I'll definitely be doing the traditional gatecrashing, tea ceremony etc though, just not sure about the banquet yet.

I saw that you started prepping for your AD alr, that's fast!
happy.gif
happy.gif
Are you going to have a big traditional banquet?

julia85

lynnie> dun think any of my frens engage him b4..
but my fren show me his link and we quite like his work...
we taking 3hrs... i was thinking to add 1 more hr..
but bf say 3hrs enuff...

loveforever

hi confettis,
yes, i am. Try to source more information as long as i can. haha....
Actually I just want to go take a look with my friend and try their dress but end up found 1 dress I like already at Cangai and confirmed it on the spot. hehe...
Good luck in finding ur dress there.

min_min_87

Confettis: I have been thinking hard on how to add in the dancing segment into a chinese trad banquet.. been wanting to learn some salsa cos my htb can dance salsa quite well... if we do it like your western style.. we can fit it in quite well, so that anyone interested can get onto the dance floor.. i think the western style is good for close friends and families.
happy.gif

I have to do the trad sit down banquet cos he is the elderest son while I am the elderest daughter.. doing it mainly so that my parents and his parents can invite the extended families and their friends and collegues ba.. for me I rather it be an intimate affair.. ya i got my date for AD le.. but thinking of doing ROM this year first. ironically while my AD date is confirmed, my ROM date is not :p

confettis

loveforever: Ohh, it's definitely a must to find out as much info as possible before we sign with any vendors for the wedding. My ROM is in Dec so I guess I would only be able to select my dress in Nov? But the staff at Cangai have been really nice to allow me to browse through their current collections first to get a rough idea of the kind of dresses they carry.

Must say I'm happy with their service so far. My coordinator's Rita, and MUA is xiaojing, how bout u? So glad to find a fellow Cangai bride here, the Cangai thread has been a little quiet. :p

min_min_87: Me and my SO are also the eldest children in the family! From your nick, are you born in '87 too? If so same here as well! Heh
happy.gif

Actually I think I would still have a wedding banquet afterall, it's really for the family and relatives as you've said. But I would say go for it if you want to add the dance segment, it would really make it more special and personalised! And salsa sounds totally hot.
happy.gif

min_min_87

confettis: yeah i am born in 87! are u among the first few of your friends to ROM? Like 24 still relatively young
happy.gif

I am trying to balance what me and my htb wants for our wedding and what our parents want.. I mean I dont mind doing it for them but I want something that speaks of us and I want my guests to go away enjoying themselves and celebrating with us. not just another wedding banquet.
happy.gif

so how's ur prep coming along?
happy.gif

Julia: I also think 3hrs is enough for ROM. Maybe 1hr for pre-rom shoots around the hotel &amp; 2hrs during the ceremony.

Btw, able to share your pkg?

loveforever

hi confettis,

Actually they told me to select my dress on around Aug coz my ROM is on Oct.So u have browsed their dresses and hope u like it. Actually we must try it on to see whether it's really nice on us. From the last visit on end Apr, I was served by Annie, becoz we signed up with the manager. The manager told me that my MUA will be Fanny. If u want to see my dress, please give me ur email.

confettis

min_min_87: Yes, I'm definitely among the first few to get married. Partly cause we got a flat early, so got to ROM also. Not that I'm complaining! It's sure fun to plan for a wedding and we have more time to prep for the ROM and AD as well since there's no rush.

And I soooooo have to agree with you about the balancing needs from different parties. Growing up, I always thought that getting married was a simple affair, find the right man, doll up and get married happily. But there's so much work involved 'behind the scenes' and so much to consider.

For me, I'm also working on making my wedding something unique and personalised. So far I've got my vendors booked for the ROM. BS, VG, PG and venue all booked. Just that now is the hard part, the themes and what potentially needs to be DIY-ed. I'm thinking of doing a old hollywood theme, so really alot of homework to do beforehand.

Jiayou for your prep min min! I hope you find interesting ideas to incorporate into your ROM and banquet.
happy.gif
Any other ideas you looking to include for your big day?

confettis

hi loveforever, my email is [email protected]. Thanks so much for sharing pictures of your dress with me. You sound really satisfied with Cangai! Happy for u!
happy.gif

And I did try on a few gowns (both long and short ones), but didn't manage to take pictures since the shop was crowded. Next time I'll try to take a few. Smart of you to take pictures for reference hehe.

loveforever

hi confettis,

i'll email u the picture after i reached home tonight, now still working at office.
Actually they don't allow us to take picture, just becoz my htb is not there, i told them that i want take picture to let him see. Haha...
After my last visit is nice actually. I also have chose my hand bouquet. So just wait until Oct to go there for the dress fitting.
Hope you also will find the dress u love it.

min_min_87

COnfettis: wow! love your old hollyhood theme! very orginial in local context. and I can think your pictures will turn out very good, timeless feel!

I am just throwing ideas ard, been travelling frequently to Vietnam since my university days, so my htb used to call my his vietnam gal.. might want to wear a vietnamese national costume.. thought it was very pretty..
happy.gif

julia85

lynnie> my pkg was the old pkg..
now he review the pkg liao..
so i guess it's better for u to contact him to get the pkg info =)

cupcakescream

Hi confettis,

I had a dinner party for my ROM. We had it by the poolside and I had friends from the various bands that took turns to sing and jam with their instruments and we had games. It at an ABSOLUTE BALL! Everyone had heaps of fun and totally LOVED it!
happy.gif

Hi min_min_87,
I had a dance at the wedding. My hubby and I did a little salsa dance. It was very fun! I strongly encourage you to go for lesson and do it at your wedding.

My Bro-in-law took a video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFH8WXSTirM

You can see other videos of the wedding if you click on my name on youtube
happy.gif

Here's some photos to share too : http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150120269620751.315737.709840750&amp;l=0b8966fbb5

confettis

Hi loveforever! Thanks again for sending me the picture of your dress. Been busy at work I'll get down to replying your email.
happy.gif

Hi cupcakes&amp;cream, first let me say lovely photos and video! I totally love your wedding video! The shots are all so well thought out, and it looks like u and your husband had alot of fun dancing in so many different places like the beach and the outdoor concert.
happy.gif
happy.gif
did u take any dance lessons beforehand or were u all already dancers to begin with? And thanks for sharing bout your dinner party, it looked like alot of fun from the photos!!

Hi minmin! I think the Vietnamese national costume is so feminine, will be lovely for a wedding and for a demure blushing bride look. Since it's also of special significance for u and your husband, it should be a great way to personalize your wedding. But is it difficult to get the costume?

cupcakescream

Hi Confettis

Aww... Thanks! Yah we sat down and plan the storyboard out. Alot of videos we saw are just pretty images which is not very meaningful. For us, we wanted a video that showed who we are as a couple. We took the videos at home, at his dad's farm, at the beach coz I'm a beach babe and at the annual cuban jazz festival which we attend every year so and did things that we do all the time. We are both dancers to begin with and actually we met each other at a dance class! If you are planning to do a video, I would really recommend that you do one that is meaningful to the both of you rather than just going to nice locations that doesn't mean a thing to you.
happy.gif

Yah the dinner party was heaps of fun! Everyone totally LOVED it! There's so many wedding dinners where people just go there and eat and then go home. It quite defits the purpose of a wedding celebration isn't it? Weddings should be where the people you love and the people who love you come to gather celebrate your union and have a PARTY!

If you need help with any wedding preps, just drop me a message. I would be more than happy to share whatever info I have.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!