(2011) ROM in 2011

animelover

Hi rach.c, I'm already looking around. Considering Hai Tien Lo at Pan Pacific. Have gotten the menus too
happy.gif

animelover

rach.c: Yes, just a simple affair all in a day.

No crashing door or any sorts like that, sign and eat at the same place. And we're getting his aunt to be our solemniser.

rach_atyl

WOW! AL,thats really simple! So you had everything prepared already? Like signing up fer bridal packages and things like that?

animelover

No photoshoot and gowns hahaha. So long as the clothes are presentable, it is good enough. Anyway I have a friend (freelance photographer) who has offered to take photos for me FOC.
happy.gif

I also do have another friend who said he can get his aunt to design gown and charge me cheaper, if I ever need it.

I must say I'm quite fortunate :D

rach_atyl

Yes! You sure are a very fortunate btb! I can see that you're also very easily contented aren't you? I mean like which girl wouldn't want their wedding t be fairytale like..you're so cool! LOL!

animelover

Most importantly the elders are happy and we are too
happy.gif
dun wanna be in the red when we start our life together. The house is already taking up a lot of $$$ :p

wob8ly

Congrats! And wow.. Ures is already all planned out.. Yea. I want sth simple too. But all gotta see the elders..

choopy84

Hi all
happy.gif

I'm planning for my rom next year and is looking around for nice outdoor rom venues... Just wondering If you all have any suggestions cos I'm quite lost reading through so many info...
happy.gif
and AL congrats! Simple is always good! But my htb prefers rom and banquet to be done separately, rom begnning of 2011 and banquet end of 2011
happy.gif

ppl_pay

hi baby nyeo, i'm also planning beginning 2011 rom and end 2011 banquet..
happy.gif

btw, do u all know of any nice vegetarian place to rom at and has nice food?

congrats to all here!!
happy.gif

rach_atyl

i can see that all btb are already planning all out! im still racking my brains on whether i shld be holding all in a day or doing it separately..

animelover

wob8ly, Baby Nyeo & Ppl: Thanks.. I've already paid deposit at Hai Tien Lo in late May.

Baby Nyeo: My friend did his ROM at Raffles Hotel Garden. $10k for 60 pax with finger food provided. Red carpet walkdown to the table in the garden.

peifang86

Hi Ladies,

im new to this thread. I have already started planning of the stuffs, most headache now is ROM venue.I am very much an a-la carte BTB.

ROM date: 26 Feb 2011
Banquet: Still speculating, probably end of June.

Pre-wedding PS: Romantic Life in Taipei, 1 March 2011

Local Bridal Studio: Rico A Mona

Wedding bands: Love & Co.

ROM Photography: Beautiful Days

Florist: Poppy Flora Studio

Tmr we will be visiting The Regent.

I have enquired a couple of venues for solemnization. Haiz...we were hoping can get Purple Sage as our caterer but cant think of a suitable venue which we really like. About 50pax.

If we go for hotel solemnization pack, is expensive and some of their food seems so-so only. And elders might not like those ang- mo food. But of course, I believe ambience is very good la. but I think tung lok food is very good, then must find get my florist to do up the place very well lor..

peifang86

Hi Ppl,

I have enquired this place called The Canopy, it is at Bishan Park. I have not tasted their food before, their ambience seems nice from photos, esp. at night. It is vegetarian and very organic type.

I can email you the package if u r keen.

brendancer

Hi all,

My ROM is 17 Feb 2011. ANyone the same? =)

Baby Nyeo & Ppl: My AD is also end of 2011, on 03 Sept 2011. =)

I was supposed to hold my ROM at Furama Riverfront but I was so disappointed with their service so I decided to drop them. Lucky haven't paid a single cent.

Now also sourcing for alternatives.

lelaine

i will be rom-ing in early 2011 too (at my new house). AD probably ard early 2012 (venue undecided).

any one rom at home too?

sshg

Hi,

My ROM and AD is 27 Mar 2011. Initially, wanted to booked Furamar Riverfront for the ROM and banquet, but also dropped the idea due to their service (which does not meet our expectation I should say)...

michecwy

Hi, I have already started preparing.

ROM/AD: 22 May 2011
BS: Fables @ JB
Banquet: Orchard Hotel
PG: Michael Ho
Bands: Soo Kee

Hmm, so far like that ba.. Been searching for VG high n low. Kinda of hard to get a reasonable price one.

em0

Hi,
I'm also looking to ROM in 1st half of 2011...
Michelle, Jus wondering how's your package from Fables? I've yet to source for a BS and am looking for 1 in JB, so need some help on this if you don't mind..

julia85

hi all....

at first we were planning to have ROM & AD togth in 2012..
but we are planning to have it separate now cos i wanted to have a poolside ROM..

so we're planning to ROM in end 2011.. most prob @ changi village hotel's poolside.. =)

den our AD is fixed on 02/12/2012..

michecwy

elmo, i took the RM5299 pgk. All the normal stuff are inand recently went to select photos alredy, we topped up 12 pgs. I can email u my pgk if u are interested..

Btw, Venus n Fables are sister company, fyi.

julia85

Hi all~~

notice that there's no thread for 2011 ROM tat follows the similar title trend..
maybe tat's y not much posts in 2011 thread..
so i created one with the similar title trend~ =)

welcome all couples who's going to ROM in 2011~

lisi86

Hi, I will have my ROM in May 2011.
Have sourced for venue and wedding bands only. Now slowly sourcing for others on the list.

Glad to know u girls here. =)

vyvyan

Hi All!

ya.. is very rushing.. becos of the date no choose.

sad to say i am still searching for the venue..

no venue nothing can be done... sobx

Maybe going to change date.. as the date is such a special one.. venue is fully book and the price is just a bomb to me..

wanna hold my rom at the raintress villa but it has shut dwn... 2nd choice is bungalow chalet but i am too late all fully book!!

anyone got idea which date is nice and fall on weekend?

how abt u guy...

vyvyan

oh! i have book the JP.. somehow that day is the JP birthday hahahaha...

40 to 50 ppl... outdoor... that is why prefer chalet... dun wanna spend so much on ROM.. lolx

Hi, anybody going to rom on new years day? Apprarently it is a very hot date as well, still no luck at booking any jp!!

I will be holding my event at a dessert cafe, lounge setting, Cosy (and most imptly budget) for approx 35 pax! Think we are the first to hold a private function there!

I am an ala carte bride too!

PS: Romantic life end march - peishan i see u have the same PS, can share your package with me? My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

Wedding bands: destinees

Banquet: orchid country club

AD/ ROM package: Golden Horse Award

PG/VD: my htb's cousin and partner, dunno which company

Honeymoon: think by then bo lui already, thinking of going Vietnam. Hahahah!

Would like to know if you girls have themes for your rom that u can share!!

jlweds

Hello All...

Just confirm that we will be ROM in 3rd Qtr 2011 too.. Hoping to ROM on 1st Sep 2011 (haven't check if its auspicious or not cos 1st Sep is a special day to us). Have not prepared anything yet since only just confirm haha..

The only thing we prepare is to go Taiwan for our PS in Mar next year..

dreamz86

Hi all

I'm lost abt ROM... My htb n i intend to held it next yr nov, a sunday.. Was wondering how we should go abt doing it??? Heard from my fren that we have to book the JP earlier and that the registration actually only open 3 months is advance...

dreamz86

Hi all

I'm lost abt ROM... My htb n i intend to held it next yr nov, a sunday.. Was wondering how we should go abt doing it??? Heard from my fren that we have to book the JP earlier and that the registration actually only open 3 months is advance...

vyvyan

Hi Judy!

Hot Date? din see anyone mentioning abt it.

HAHAHA!! i book already~~ hmm the weird thing is... is JP birthday also...

i mayb changing date... cos i wanna book NSRCC...

hui_er

There are alot of ppl ROM on 01.01.11...

Mine will be on 30.01.11..

Plan to have at hortpark.. very nice place to take picture & have garden wedding.

Looking for brides to share the rental of venue(cheaper) as mine ROM solemisation will be in the afternoon...

guaynn

Hoping for 11.11.11... :p Too bad can only book 3 months in advance, dunno how to confirm if the date gets snapped up quickly... If buay tio, then maybe 01.11.11. :x

Totally no idea about the venue and such yet, thinking maybe go for condo's function room (can invite more ppl + have poolside party!) and order catering from Orange Clove. :D

julia85

serynn> since hot date, u can jus email the JP see if he can reserve the date for u first..
no harm trying ba.. den start to source venue.. =)

my ROM on 20.11.2011.. i alrdy emailed the JP to reserve the date.. haha...
have to be KS abit no choice cos hot date.. =P

julia85

Mr Chia Ti Yu~ =)
he say he will tentatively reserve the date for me..
den 6mths b4 contact him again to confirm.. haha..