(2011) 2011 Brides

styleinyou

Hi Ladies,

Can u all teach me how to see their photos?
Or send me the link if possible, im nvr see any of the photos which u all mentioned.

Michelle> this few weeks im really busy, once i go JB source then i let u share my results, will see if u want to join me to take up the same to bargain more....

More those gowns, i think all more or less the same if u take pics during that same period of time cos the trend usually follows
happy.gif

babypie33

sapphire> ya loh, me too. i dun really take care of it, but always check for any missing diamonds. hahaha....

Michelle> whether is it early to book BS, its up to individual. if you havent fix your AD, its best u check out other BS. for me i can't bear to part with my money, so i wait.

fables is also another popular BS, but for me, i still like SG bridal PG style. and what you said is true, quite a few brides took the same gowns for PS in SG bridal.

baby_luv

Sapphire - Thanks!! I will continue my "hunting". Haha

Siy - I went to SG Bridal thread and click on those bloglinks of the BTB. Some of them do publish their photos in their wedding blogs. I dun kept the link with me, so you might wanna visit that thread. Ok, shall wait for your news and we can try to ask for more perks!! FYI, I make enquiries on how to go over to their side. One of their staff name Xiaobing, called me and mentioned that they canschedule their driver to pick you up at City Square, just called them one day in advance.

Babypie - It's like too early to decide everything since it's 2 years away!!! Haha~
You notice most of them took the orange gown with that floating effect? I really love that gown too..haha

styleinyou

Seems like all of us wants to get married long time ago by wearing the band :p

I also wore my band since we got together 3mths later. Think i wore it 17mths aldy
happy.gif
But sad to say HTB take care of his band so much better than me.

styleinyou

hm indeed sounds better.

i ever tried not to wear it cos i got too many rings ard, but took photo since im on a gals night & he managed to see...
no choice, his eyes too sharp :p

styleinyou

Date: 16 August 2009, Sunday
Venue: Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel
Grand Ballroom, Level 4
392 Havelock Road, Singapore 169663

Time: 1pm to 6pm
Price: $38nett per couple
$30nett per couple (DBS credit/debit cardmembers)

Registration ends 11 August 2009.

pinkglove

Hi girls, I've added michelle,Marian, kemi & Siy...
Hey Siy, we have a common friend, Belinda... haha. she was one yr my senior in sec sch... small world...

e thread is really going very fast..

I've pm Siy my email.. correct?
or who is doing e consolidating nw? sorry me getting blur..

i wore my proposal ring everyday after proposal,but nt 24/7 la.. we've been wearing e wedding band since our rom in jan.. when we r at hm we'll remove it, but mine still get scratches..

moss389

Okay I'm going to introduce myself to everyone too!
happy.gif

My info for the compilation is:
moss389 >09 Jan [81/79][custom/custom][Toronto - freelance PG]

We are planning our wedding from overseas and I'm not Singaporean so it's a nightmare! But, HTB has already proposed and our rom is this coming Dec.

Then for two weeks after the rom we have to visit all the hotels and vendors to finalize the details.

@baby pie: what hotels were you shortlisting for 30 tables? We'll probably have 25-30, and i was considering Swissotel the Stamford, Meritus Mandarin, and Carlton (hopefully the renovation will be over by then).

I like chiffon wedding gowns with mermaid or trumpet style hems
happy.gif

baby_luv

Siy - Thank you for the updates!!

Moss389 - Welcome to our family. So your HTB is Singaporean? Two weeks is so rush, bet you gotta be real tired for the 2 weeks. Any help we can assist you on?

babypie33

moss> i am looking at fullerton currently. but their min is 35, so need to check again with the coordinator when its open for booking. Four Season also can cater this capacity, their min is 25, max is 32. you can check it out.

ya, if you need any help just let us know. we try to help.

Any1 going to Grand Copthorne wedding show?

sapphire05

Morning ladies..

Welcome Moss389. When is your wedding day?

Siy, saw your excel sheet last night. It's so detailed! Thanks..
happy.gif

babypie33

Siy> sorry ah! I just reply your mail abt my attachments. hehehe....

i think we go wedding show now also too early... i also dun think im going...

moss389

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Michelle: yes my HTB is Singaporean. I think i am slowly killing him with all the details of the planning mwahahah. It's very sweet of you guys to offer help.

@Baby pie: thanks for the tips! It'd be hard for us to make min. 35 so Fullerton's out. Last year HTB's good friend had his wedding at Four Seasons so he doesn't want to "copy". I just got the 2010 package info from Fairmont (Raffles City - same space as Swissotel Stamford) and their Atrium Ballroom can fit 20-32 tables. It looks okay to me but it seems a lot of BTBs prefer high ceilings and this ballroom is only 9feet!

@Sapphire05: my rom is 26 Dec 2009 and my AD is 09 Jan 2011. We are getting engagement shots next week so i'm pretty excited!

babymarian

Hello moss389
happy.gif

Congratulations!! And a big warm welcome! :D

Hello Baby pie
happy.gif

I won't be going to the Grand Copthorne wedding show although I would love to...won't be in Singapore at that time
sad.gif

sapphire05

Moss - your ROM is on boxing day
happy.gif

So it seemed like.. among us all, Siy & my AD would be the last one.. (for Kemi's date is TBA for Q4)

pinkglove

Congratulations moss389! Hope your engagement shots goes well next week! I attended a wedding at swissotel in may and that particular ballroom had rather high ceiling and there were around 20+ tables, hopefully I can help u get e name of tat balloom. =)

Hi babypie, prob wouldn't be going down to grand cop. =)

With FB, i can sorta imagine all ur faces when im reading the threads.. hehe

pinkglove

hi moss 389, my fren said for swissotel, only the atrium ballroom has low ceiling,the others shld be high ceiling.The one he had was raffles ballroom with e highest ceiling but he says roughly around min 30 tables for wkdays n min 35 for wkends. He had 38 tables.

baby_luv

Babypie - I doubt i will be going to grand Coptoo~

Moss389 - Hope you enjoy your engagement shots next week!

Pinkglove - If only FB have Group communication, we can talk there! LOL~

styleinyou

Afternoon ladies

I may attend e GCW if got nothing on that day. Will only reg. till the last min
happy.gif

My fren tell me of this event before they publish as they got some inside news. Heard from her that they have alot of goodies for lucky draw so if lucky mayb can get free nightstay or free PS, free gown, etc. Got someone i knew won a free gown - mermaid type cost ard 6K. but then u may not liked it cos not able to choose
sad.gif

Let me know if anyone is attending...

kemi

Hi Ladies

Guess, I would not be attending the GCW. Havent really set my heart to the preparations yet:p Spirits may be lifted when my Q4 date is finalised hahaha.... though the lucky draw freebies sound very tempting. My fren did won a free AD photography worth 3K...

hi moss389, welcome here.. enjoy your engagement shots next week..

might b attending GCW show, but depends on situation..

babypipe, imho, i feel attending e wedding show nw nt too early..esp those tat we r shortlisting, at least we noe hw e theme n pricing like.. so next yr when the booking for 2011 is open,we can finalise n ready to book.

moss389

@pinkglove: thanks for following up with your friend for me! Was the food good at your friend's wedding?

In case this helps anyone, the coordinator just emailed me that the Swissotel/Fairmont has the following spaces available:
Raffles Ballroom w/ 20 ft ceilings - min. 100 / max. 180
If divided into Padang, Canning and Collyer - min. 30 (35) / max. 38 on weekdays (weekends)
Stamford Ballroom w/ 13.2 ft ceilings - min. 35 (45) / max 60 on weekdays (weekends)
Atrium Ballroom with 9 ft ceilings - min. 20 / max. 32

Banquet prices are the same regardless of which ballroom you're in - they just assign one to you depending on your party size.

Fairmont says they will open bookings for 2011 by Q1 2010.

pinkglove

Hi moss389, for me, I find that the food was alright,most of my colleagues found it normal,not impressive nor was it bad. =)

babypie33

Moss> i ever went to attend Swissotel's wedding dinner and yes, its high ceiling. i cannot remember which ballroom i went, but definitely gave me the "wow" feeling!

Jolene> u got a point also. hmm... if the hotel im shortlisting is holding wedding show i will definitely attend!! keke

kemi/siy> last yr i attended marina mandarin's wedding show and i won a $50 metro shopping cheque! hahaha... i think thats the most attractive part of any wedding show!

babypie33

oh ya moss, previously i enquired abt swissotel's quotation b4. i think their package is the most comprehensive compared to other hotels. they include printing of invites, and they have a personal assistance attend to you from start to end of the banquet! my friend who held her wedding there comment its good!

missyting85

Updates

DayMth [BTB/HTB] [Band/Proposal [PS] [Venue/Book]
Marian >15Jan [86/86][Cartier/Poh Heng][Taiwan (Fashion Bride)] [Shang/Book]
Babypie>23Jan [82/79][Love&Co/Goldheart][TBC -> SG Bridal] [Fuller/TBC]
Annisan>26Jan [-] [Lee Hwa/Celestial]
Joanie>Feb [Taiwan]
Hong Liting>Feb 85/84 [yishun dew spring][Bridal de couture]
Ann>Mar (81/84)[Lee Hwa/Celestial] [BS:French Bridal][Birdnest: Yishun]
Jolene>Q1 [83/80][Lee Hwa/Goldheart]
Michelle>8 Oct [84/82] [TBC -> SG Bridal]
Pinkglove>11Nov [82/82] -
Siy>11 Nov [81/76] [Bulgari/ - [TBC->VenusJB/SGBridal]
Sapphire>11Nov - [Changi Village Hotel/Orchard Parade Hotel/TBC]
Kemi> Q4 [81/81]
Ying Ying [Lee Hwa/Celestial]

missyting85

Updates with lovenest

DayMth [BTB/HTB] [Band/Proposal [PS] [Venue/Book] [Lovenest]

Marian >15Jan [86/86][Cartier/Poh Heng][Taiwan (Fashion Bride)] [Shang/Book]
Babypie>23Jan [82/79][Love&Co/Goldheart][TBC -> SG Bridal] [Fuller/TBC]
Annisan>26Jan [-] [Lee Hwa/Celestial]
Joanie>Feb [Taiwan]
Hong Liting>Feb [bridal de couture] [Lovenest:yishun dew spring]
Ann>Mar (81/84)[Lee Hwa/Celestial] [BS:French Bridal][Birdnest: Yishun]
Jolene>Q1 [83/80][Lee Hwa/Goldheart]
Michelle>8 Oct [84/82] [TBC -> SG Bridal]
Pinkglove> Nov [82/82] - [Lovenest: Simei]
Siy>11 Nov [81/76] [Bulgari/ - [TBC->VenusJB/SGBridal][Lovenest: Simei]
Sapphire>11Nov - [Changi Village Hotel/Orchard Parade Hotel/TBC]
Kemi> Q4 [81/81][Lovenest: Simei]
Ying Ying [Lee Hwa/Celestial]

moss389

@pinkglove: hmmm, definitely good to know! I think i will visit them when i'm in town in Dec =)

@baby luv: do you have the contact info for Swissotel? I kept wondering if the packages for Fairmont & Swissotel would be the same, but no one seemed to answer that question at the swissotel thread. I will get the package from both and find out for myself...

styleinyou

Hi Ladies,

i got the list updated had send u gals thru' email.
Ann & Liting, both of u happen to stay in Yishun
happy.gif
)

Cheers

baby_luv

I tried the balloting for Dew Spring but got really lousy queue no =(

Moss289 - You referring to me or Baby_pie??HAHA.I think Baby_pie might have the number.

styleinyou

Hi gals, I attended the Mediacorp Wedding (Meritus Mandarin Orchard) show last Sat. We were ard the area without BF+lunch so might as well pop-in take a look & have some food. We are there only @ 1:30pm.

There are 2 BS i.e. My Bridal Room & Bluebay.

As for other schedule it was such a lousy show, arrangement of time is bad - waiting very long doing nothing, aircon is super cold, models for gown show all can't really make it.
It's super boring only thing is the banquet price is quite attractive price for a 5star.

Think its a blessing for those who nvr go.

styleinyou

Date: 16 August 2009, Sunday
Time: 11am to 5pm
Bridal Fashion Show: 3.00 p.m.
Venue: Grand Ballroom, Level 2, InterContinental Singapore
Address: 80 Middle Road Singapore 188966
Admission: $20.00 nett per couple

styleinyou

moss> u can go to my FB to see my recent comments for my fren wedding pics taken from BB.
Glad that its nice as I sign before asking + seeing her pics.

Advise for those who want overseas shoots...
Go find out more info. early cos there's 4 season which u might not want to miss the one u love