(2011) 2011 Brides

sapphire05

Wow you girls are so efficient..

Hi CLint.Ive PMed you
happy.gif
Thanks..

clintomania

hey girls..
I have sent an invitation out to those who have PM-ed me.. please check if u receive them.. if not I will send out again..

strikingreality

Hey girls, want your opinion on something... I am going to do my solemnisation on the AD itself, just before the banquet.. am wondering if I should get a 2nd gown for my solemnisation. I already have a package with Jawn... so yeah. Just thinking of getting a different one for "variety"...

What do u guys think? Same or different gown?

pinkcoral

Hi clint. PM-ed! I'm a FB junkie and don't mind helping if you need more administrators.
happy.gif

Kass - My solemnization will be in church, so I will be having a gown with a long train for the 'runway'.. and another ankle length one for the dinner banquet.
I like the variety idea and if you are up for it, then I would say go for it. It's our day to be in the centre of attention so enjoy every moment of it.
happy.gif

pinkglove

I'm also thinkin abt tis issue since my solemization's just b4 my banquet too. On one hand I tink can just wear my WG to maximize my $ spent on e exp gown,lol. On e other hand greedy me think tat maybe can have more varieties but to get a simpler gown just for tat short rom period's holding me back..

clintomania

Kass: yes I would think u should get another gown for it!!
I will be having a church ceromany + solemnisation just before the dinner (in WG).. and then
change into my 2 EGs later..

evon_gladys

hmm... ur wedding dinner are on weekend isit? coz mine's a tuesday, i was thinking if i do church solemnization (usually abt 1 hour) will it be very rush?

sbearie

my fiance cannot see mi in my wedding gown until i go to church. but he will still come and knock door! so i bought a simple gown to wear in the morning during the gate crash! hehehe.

1395666.jpg

bought it from taobao.com
a china website. hehhe

clintomania

pinkglove: yep.. WG for church & 1st march in..den another EG for 2nd march in and maybe 1 more EG to send off guests bah.. this is what I've planned so far.. might change later lah.. coz I also wanna fully make use of the gowns I bought..

Rachel: nice dress! does it fit u or U have to do alterations to it?

rubbishcow

clint, PMed you!!

Actually i was thinking of changing into my Solemnization gown after the photo-taking session during the wedding dinner.. Coz its like i spent the money and effor to MTM it and wana show abit... but changing of gowns is like wasting interaction time with my guest... any one changing gown after photo-taking?

sbearie

clint: its quite fitting. but im abit short la. need to alter the length. hehe. and see if there is anything i can DIY to the embriodery lo. hehehe.

quite exciting. overall only paid 90+ inclusive shipping. quite a good deal i feeel.

material is chiffon. soft and flowy and fully lined!

sapphire05

Hi Kass... You can get Euzart to do something detachable for you? So you would have 2 different looks in 1 gown?

Rachel.. NICE gown!!

pinkglove

I'll be in my CS after my solemization n before my banquet to chat with guests to and to have only 1 WG n 1 EG during my banquet to maximize time interacting with my family and friends. Will not be changing into anything after my EG. I'm quite a chatty person so I think I'll need lots of time to talk to them..lol..

The only thing is to whether wanna have a simple gown for solemization only but then again, i love my WG so much I feel like optimizing my time wearing it.haha..

cow: what about wearing ur solemization gown before the banquet when u interact with ur guests? lidat no need to get change after phototaking and this won't cut short the time u can interact with ur guests?

rachel: that's a very sweet dress! value for $$..hehe

sbearie

hehe thks all! i choose something simple cos only gonna wear in the morning maybe 30-45 mins? after that dunno when will wear liao.

but i quite like it. still playing with the thought to bring for photo shoot so i can have some 'casual' shots with it.

evon_gladys

Rachel: really nice!! super duper worth it... :D well, u can wear for other events too...
happy.gif
but the tabao.com makes it sound so funny...

cow cow: my sister did change back to her cs tat she MTM for her ROM 2 yrs b4 her wedding aft photo-taking... meaning she 1st march in with her WG, 2nd march in with EG n shake hand with CS...
happy.gif
i tink it shld be ok la...

rubbishcow

pinkglove, i am thinking of wearing my WG... coz I MTM-ing my WG also.. gotta wear it longer... BUAHAHAHA!! or maybe just forgo the idea of wearing the solemnization gown and make it a priviledge gown for those who attend my solemnization.. coz only those are able to see it and the rest shall just look at the picture.. hehe..

clintomania

Rachel: that's so value for money lor!!

pinkglove: go ahead to wear your WG! But also do consider the space of your solemnization room..

Anyone here considering to do AD PS (similar to pre-wedding PS) in between the timing after tea ceromany & banquet? my PG say its possible as long it falls within the 10 hour frame.. coz I told him both our families very small.. and the morning part will be very fast only..

evon_gladys

clint: yah... coz they count by hours... but if its juz e PG, then ok.. coz VG needs to rush back to do ur express highlights..
happy.gif
and also, muz consider that you dun tire yourself out...
happy.gif

sbearie

i will take abit of photos lo. cos my WG will not be in my pre-wedding shoot as fiance cannot even see it before wedding!! this is wat his mum wants. so jus follow lo.

therefore was thinking to ask the PG to take some nice photos with my WG.

but i dun wanna tire myself also!!! hehehehe. so wont spend too much time on it. capture a few nice photos can liao.

pinkglove

clint: spot on! that's one of our consideration! the solemization room really quite small..i tink my WG will drown e room.haha..

Im prob going to do a bit of fun shots on AD with my jie meis n bros nearby but not travelling far to take e shots cos my family's huge.. i tink e tea ceremony will take ages..haha..and moreover for me, the PS gown n AD gowns are e same, so its more of photos with families & friends.

pinkglove

cow: ya, must wear the more expensive gown longer to make e $ more worth! haha... that's probably what im going to do when my WG's so exp..hehe.. 2 days of PS in that plus AD.. squeeze e best out of my WG. lol..

strikingreality

Wah! So much input! Thanks! And I saw one that I really like, and rather reasonable! So why not... hopefully it is still available.

But what if I end up liking this gown more than the one with my BS?! Then I would have felt like I wasted my package... I always get indecisive like that.

If we can get away with it, both FH and myself don't want to take table to table shots, that will give us more time to mingle around and maybe for me to change to another dress before sending off the guests.

Clint >> I like the idea of the AD PS! Cuz we thinking of engaging different photographers for both PS and AD, so can get 2 different styles!
happy.gif
I'll PM u my email address again, cuz think I gave u the wrong one. =.=

Rachel >> NICE gown! Reminds me of a greek goddess! I love such gowns! Is taobao.com easy to use?

rubbishcow

pinkglove, my MTM is a free upgrade from the BS.. hehe.. but since i designed and mae it.. I shall wear it longer.. hehehhe...

clint, I am thinking of doing the AD PS at fiance's pool area.. coz I had always think that the swimming pool area at his place is quite nice... SO that save my travelling time also.. hehe...

sbearie

kass, taobao is easy to use if u are fine with chinese wordings. heheh. the payment is by western union. but of cos there are certain risk lo. maybe material not wat u think it is, or sizing dun fit perfect.

that time i also try my luck. i was thinking so cheap. if i really dun like i can also try selling it online again.

but after that i found it ok. so i jus keep it lo. anyway like i say only for morning use. hehehe.

actually my BS already agreed to loan mi an additional gown for that morning. but i saw this and like so thought of trying lo. hehehehe

styleinyou

Rachel> if u dont mind can take a pic of your actual outcome. im those kind who matters alot into material & when comes to online purchase, the materials & sewing always come in bad condition which I hate....

if urs if really nice, dont mind to get some gowns for jie mei, or even my ROM gown
happy.gif

styleinyou

Ladies> anyone confirm JB BS?
Cos' perhaps I can engage them to provide all the misc. items for both side parents & family members rental of clothings. Have to calculate if its more worthwhile to do it there?

P.S. Not sure if the gowns there be nice...for those simple gowns

sbearie

Siy: i will try to take some pics this weekend!!

my friend did hers with Printemps. very nice also. think u can try to google for it. she showed mi the website before. quite nice!

pinkglove

Siy: i would also need to get rental for misc. items. I've seen some sg websites that does e rental of simple gowns n jackets for father etc. I should be getting mine from these shops. I don't have e links cos they're at home. will give e links when im home, u can consider..

clint: did u tink of taking photos on ur own after ur PS? i was thinkin since i've to lug my gowns ard my trip, i might as well take photos of it in some of e places im gg.haha..

nihaomah82

Rachel Ong (sbearie): One of my friend signed Printemp few years ago and cancelled the package when they saw their gowns not trendy..

By the way, anyone signing MM banquet and Coffee & Tea dreamworks's PG & VG? Thought of signing together to ask for discount or perks.

sbearie

ni hao ma: oh is it? i not really sure. think is up to individual and have to go down and see.

my friend signed last year and found them ok. showed mi some pictures which i found ok too. hehehe

clintomania

pinkglove: Don't think Im gonna take my own photos.. coz I have no idea how to style my own hair! For makeup, I still can manage myself.. and my fiance always find the gowns every heavy & bulky..

let me know the website for father's jacket too!

pinkglove

yes all! will give e website when im home =)

clint: ya, its super heavy n bulky!! n europe buget airlines charge by per luggage so e rest of my luggage has to be super ultra light.It'll be difficult for me to travel ard those in public transport.haha.. I tink im gg to ask my fiance to take far shots of me so make up n hair doesn't matter as much.haha.. since its mostly scenery that he's taking.lol

pinkglove

cow: we'll be renting in scotland cos its not easy to travel around but for e rest of the places i don't tink so cos it'll be rather exp..n im only intending to have our own PS in one other city at a certain place only so hopefully it'll not be too much hassel =)

strikingreality

pinkglove >> Any paricular reason why u chose Scotland? And where's this other city you going to?

I'm just curious, cuz I lived in UK, so miss the place a lot too.
happy.gif

pinkglove

clint: ours worst leh, ryan air 15kg each...and i tink my WG alone a few kg liao...i really need to travel super ultra light but its so difficult cos some parts are still cold! I still need to bring my coat!! I need doreamon's powerful pockets..haha

pinkglove

kass: me n fiance have always wanted to go scotland because it's so beautiful with the highlands n castles..n my fiance loves landscape photos. we've only toured UK previously but missed e chance to explore scotland. we're having our PS in scotland n paris(this one got special reason cos it's me n my fiance's first backpacking city alone). This other city i wanna take on our own is when we self travel to finland to e artic circle n find santa claus.. haha.. =)

Oh, u studied in UK or were u from there? Uk's really beautiful, especially the countrysides!

pinkglove

by the way, are all of u going to have same design n colour dresses for ur jie meis? I'm thinking of letting them wear whatever they r comfy with just that it's of similar colour tone..

sbearie

up to individual ba. im having same designs. haha! currently only settled my jie mei dress. still looking for bridesmaid dress. i prefer long gowns cos for church long gowns more suitable.

evon_gladys

hmm... i tink also within e budget ba... i actually wan them to wear e same.. but im abit broke considering there's 8 of them.. x.x

and not everyone suits e same kinda style...

pinkglove

Rachal: so u will hAve one brides maid tat has a special dress! I've mostly seen all jiemei wearin e same thing, is e bridesmaid a western custom..? U settle ur jm dresses so early!

Evon: 8's really a lot..but I think there's cheap,simple n nice dresses below $20.jus gotta take a longer time to source I think. I'm having 6 n 1 of my jm nv wear dresses so I think it'll kill her if I ask her to wear one. Haha.

sbearie

pinkglove: i have 7 jie mei and i cannot possibly make all of them walk down the aisle with mi. so i only picking 4 as bridesmaids to walk down the aisle with mi in church. and will get them a separate outfit suitable for church. yup i saw a pretty dress in a blogshop so i buy lo. hehehe. cos all my jiemei quite same size, except a few tall girls, so maybe abit short for them. heheheh. but should be ok since wearing in morning for gate crash only.

evon_gladys

pinklove: SAME!!! I got 1 who dun wear dresses!! lol...

hmm.. so far e cheapest is from ztyle.. $28...

rachel: i quite paise to pick a few lei... haha... so i tink ill find little gals to walk down e aisle instead.. however i may not even have church too coz my church can only cmf in nov which i dun really wana wait till then to plan... x.x